Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Very Bad, CMP AT-6 Texan

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Very Bad, CMP AT-6 Texan

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 03:56 PM
br310

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Very Bad, CMP AT-6 Texan

No problem Dave, it is my pleasure. Also did have the chance to read the post #40 it will give you some more hint.
If I can be of any help do hesitate to ask!
Good week-end my friend!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:53 PM
FTIR
My Feedback: (1)

Anybody figure out if this is all the CMP AT6's or just the one. I sure would like to hear from somebody who is flying one.

FTIR
Old 02-06-2009, 01:28 PM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

nitro planes=trash planes
Old 02-06-2009, 01:31 PM
qldviking

and trash service at best
Old 02-06-2009, 07:40 PM
kid chuckles

Look at there support forum. There is actually a couple guys that will defend them no matter what they do. In this case they would probabaly say you flew it you bought it. Or that you need to be an experienced builder to build an ARF from Nitro. I try to get people attention on that fourm as I also bit on the cheap prices when first starting out and did not know anything about Nitro just had seen there ads which are no where near correct most times.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:51 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1)Make sure you purchased a CMP and not a knock off from Nitro , they carry both
2)If its CMP , google the main site in China , contact Jackie , tell them your story
3)Start a new Post as the the distribuors name in your post example-Bad servace/bad plane CMP Texan
4)report this plane to the AMA , there were many sold , they need to get the word out to clubs , these plane are big and can be dangeous with that weak midsection
5)Hopefull- Jackie at CMP will make this right
Old 02-07-2009, 07:59 AM
br310

I'm sure that the Texan's of NitroPlane are made by the same people in China.
By the way I did try several time to get contact with CMP and the never, never reply to me.
Presently I'm in a process to complet a deal with Nitroplane but it's taking a lot of time and it's been going on since last november.
I let you guy's know when it's over.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:39 PM
LDM

1) I will email jackie for you -if you so desire but you to be 100% certain the plane is CMP
2)no not all the Texans come from the same factory , there were two versions on many of the planes offered by Nitro , the cheaper ones were made by flymodels .com
Unless the plane 100% says CMP on the box , then the plane is a Flymodels product .
You want the facts on flymodels , ask Alex from AKM distribution he carried both and can you tell the differances in quality
Old 02-08-2009, 08:16 AM
FTIR

Thanks LDM
That was helpful
I bought mine from Alex at AK models just a few months ago so I assume it is a full fledged CMP.

FTIR
Old 02-08-2009, 08:49 AM
br310

HI LDM,
How are today?

Like i said before last august I did send a message and picture to everybody that I was thinkig of and I had a reply that i was not expecting from Raidentech.
Now if you think that you have some power or that you have any contact with those guys of CMP, please go right head and send them the following message that I did on the 25th of last august.

If you look carefully you will see the jackie adress.
below the dash line you will see the reply 3 days later.

Many thank's
Bruno.

- Original Message -
To: [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected]
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 5:31 AM
Subject: Very bad, CMP AT-6 Texan

I have bought from Nitro planes an CMP AT-6 Texan last winter and I did 6 flight of 10 minutes minimum each time and the last flight i was straight and level and the fiberglass mid section of the wing fold in flight. The tip of each wing almost thouch together. Nothing I could do to prevent this because we can't see what's inside that portion of the wing. It is simply and badly built because there is no plywood former and even no main spar, only cheap balsa ribs cover with fiberglass. This specific section is structural, it as to take's all the weight and stress of the aircraft and it’s the weakes one. Of corse my Zenoah 26 ei was hurt in the crash like other parts. I'm realy sad because I have nothing to do whit that crash and also because that plane was fliying very well.

Many thank’s CHINA MODEL PRODUCTIONS I will remember.

Bruno Roberge

1846 rte Paquet

St-Nicolas, QC

Canada, G7A 4T7
-

Thank for the picture but sorry your plane was ordered last year so we can't do anything about it. I can give you a discount 10% off for future order as a good faith but i cannot help you on the AT-6.

thank norman
- Original Message -
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 4:31 PM
Subject: Fw: Very bad, CMP AT-6 Texan

Old 02-09-2009, 06:46 AM
LDM

No special powers lol , but I will cut and paiste for you to see if I can help !!!
ITs CNY over there now , so its better to wait a few weeks because everything is closed .
I have purchased many of the CMP planes and was asked for imput on the release of there P40 only because I developed a simple email relationship with them and wanted a new P40 .
So we went back and forth for months on the 73" P40 ect .

Please also understand I was not insulting you on the "brand" , I just know I have a Flymodel Hellcat , and the very very long bash that is featured on RCU under Luke Zolner is also a flymodels , yet referred to by any as a CMP Hellcat .
THe plane as stated are differant in quality and very much so in cost unless the buyer was fooled .
I purchased a Flymodels hellcat for $78 and $40 shipping on Ebay !! Just could not pass that up !
The seller is now gone !!! Also I am sorry to hear about the problem with the Texan , the size and detail of the plane for the money made all so attarctive , now it makes you wonder why and if they skimpped on quality and control .
I have to tell you that this will be the first CMP from the P40 that has structual design flaws that seem to be dangerous . The P40 , Bf109 ect may have scale equity issues but no design safety flaws
Old 02-09-2009, 06:50 AM
LDM

hey Bruno , one favor if I am successful with my contact at CMP , you have to return the favor .... you have to find out who the next best Junior Player is coming out of the QMJQuebec major Juniors !!!!, I like to tell my team 18AAA(ice hockey ) who to look for out of Canada !!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:57 AM
br310

I will do my best to find out for you, my friend.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:03 AM
br310

NO,no problem at all LDM, I was just letting you know what I did at the time.
Like I said before I'm in a process to close a deal with Nitroplane, and when it's done I will come back to you all.
Bye
Bruno
Old 02-20-2009, 02:25 PM
reincarnate

Bruno left me an email today that he asked me to forward to RCU. I'm more than happy to do so, and very glad for him that he got satisfaction. Here is his complete and unedited message...

Reincarnate my friend I have to thank you once again for your help.

The input that you gived me on the 23 of november 2008 was very helpfull. I did get John attention (from Nitroplane), we did exchange lot''s of email and came to an agreement and after almost 3 months he made me an offer that I could''t refuse. I recently had a full refund of my CMP At-6 Texan, from Nitroplane. John is a man that is very but very bussy!
If you are patient enought you will get what is fair from him.
Thank''s John it took time, but you did good.

But without my new friend Reincarnate, this would not be possible!

Many thank''s to you all who read my post and gived me your support!

ps: Reincarnate my friend, i still dont know much about forum , so can you please forword this email to the RC Univers community.
Many thank''s

Bruno Roberge
Quebec City
Canada

Warms your heart, doesn't it fellas?
Old 02-20-2009, 04:11 PM
qldviking

does it?>
all it shows its not whats right or anything, its just who you know, same old story
what about all of us who have tried time and time again to deal with them, and been treated like dirt or worse? For mine I hope NP goes under and cvery quickly so there number of people gettuing rippd will be minimised
Old 02-20-2009, 05:42 PM
reincarnate

You seem to imply that somebody knows somebody and made something happen. Not the case, I assure you, at least not on my behalf. I'd say this is more a case of an individual who took the correct route to resolve a problem.

If you had a problem that didn't get resolved, viking, I think I see why.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:10 PM
qldviking

ORIGINAL: reincarnate

You seem to imply that somebody knows somebody and made something happen. Not the case, I assure you, at least not on my behalf. I'd say this is more a case of an individual who took the correct route to resolve a problem.

If you had a problem that didn't get resolved, viking, I think I see why.

what you are seeing is one very cheesed of guy after numerous emails and phone calls from both myself and my lady, both of us tried patiently and both us got told rather rudely that they wont do a thing for us despite selling a substandard product. If you dont understand why I am bitter about this company of rude rip-off merchants then thats your problem. I am normally easy to deal with, open to ideas and offers, but when you hit a brick wall from the get go get cheesed, as no doubt most would
Old 05-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Junaid Ali

I have one of these Texans and have been flying it for the past 6 months with a 160 OS upfront. My plane has a balsa spar in it and I have done all kinds of manouvres including outside loops. However after reading this thread I am grounding my model till I come up with a way to beef up the center pannel, any suggestions will be welcomed. No more CMP stuff have advised two other CMP Texan flyers at our club to ground there planes. I think its quite indecent of Nitro Models to behave that way they are liable for all damages incurred by this gentleman.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:37 PM
hairy46

Just had a buddy call me a little while ago telling me about CMP AT-6 Texan because he knows I was looking to get one, He saw the price of the plane and thought it looked good for the money. I am so glad there are these forums because I may have made the mistake of ordering one if I had not seen this! inside that wing was a joke with no real wood structure, Shame on them for selling trash can liners at that price! I will go with the Top Flight as I had planned anyway!
Old 04-20-2015, 04:29 PM
motorrc
My Feedback: (6)

Default cmp texan

Originally Posted by br310
Hi my friend, i want to thank you again for all the help you did give me with my problem. John did effectevely contact my on a private message and I did answer him yesterday night when I came back home. So when I will hear again from him I will let you all know. How's that?
I wish you all a very good thank's giving holiday!
Bye
Bruno.

How was your unfortunate situation resolved?
Old 04-21-2015, 05:09 AM
FTIR

After waiting for six years to see how my CMP Texan would hold up I am here to say it is still flying very well. I was afraid to fly it after what I read here, so glad I pressed on. I fly it all the time. It has had multiple rough landings on grass and blacktop. I did put gorilla glue inside the center wing section joints just in case as I was putting it together. It held up to everything I put it through. I would not hesitate to buy this plane again with the beef up with gorilla glue I did. I ran a Magnum 180 four stroke then changed to a DLE 30 with great success. The DLE 30 was the best option and helped it balance better. I ran Sierra retracts that almost dropped right in. If you have one of these planes put some gorilla glue where you can through the access hole in the center section and fly it, it's a great flyer. There are other threads of people having the same success as I did. Beautiful flying warbird.
FTIR
Old 04-21-2015, 06:41 AM
motorrc

yes, I have one and thanks for the info-I was afraid to fly it after what I read here.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:56 AM
motorrc

Default cmp texan 82 inches

ps How do I tell if I have a cmp texan or a knock off version (flymodel). I can't find any manufacturer name on the plane or the one page instruction sheet but I don't know where to look either. Also my plane came without a gas tank-what are the demensions of the tank? I have a lot of tanks lying around and probably have one that will work. The one page instruction sheet says it it 470 cc but does not give the dimensions. I will be flying gas in this plane (zenoah G26), can I use a nitro tank?
Old 04-21-2015, 08:17 AM
FTIR

The box it came in should say CMP on the outside, also it may have a CMP sticker on the firewall. I don't use the stock tanks on anything. Don't want to take it apart due to stiff tubing issues or stuck clunk. I use these tanks, they are great. No tubing on the inside of the tank.
http://www.jlproducts.net/ProductRotoFlow.html

The plane likes to float, you need to slow it down and make about a three wheel landing, if not it will bounce and you will need to go around.
good luck
FTIR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.