Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Welcome to Club SAITO !

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 07:51 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
There is a station by my work that sells E Free 91, and since I have an Ecoboosted F150 I use that in the summer. I gain about 2 MPG over the other stuff, with a tune of course. During the winter though, the crap blends they use drop MPG no matter which one you use, so I detune and use 87. I have been puzzled for the longest time on why the Ecoboost doesn't run on E-85. You would think with the turbos and high compression, it would be the ideal fuel.

The point of war is to wound the enemy and take them out of action. It requires more people to car for the wounded than the dead. More about depleting resources than people.

Thats irony right there, War use. The whole point of war is to kill the enemy. So we go up against Taliban and now ISIS with our puny FMJ, and they go against us with IMD and RPG.

The point of war is to wound the enemy and take them out of action. It requires more people to car for the wounded than the dead. More about depleting resources than people.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:53 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

It's nice and roomy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FARCC_Aerial_2x3-300-337x215.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	2137383  
Old 12-24-2015, 05:16 AM
Cougar429
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, finally!

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming................

Regardless of the topic heading off into the weeds, want to wish everyone a very happy Holiday.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:31 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

The same to you C and Thanks
Old 12-24-2015, 08:05 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave, FormerDairyFarmer
It's nice and roomy.
I am so used to short fields, I would get lost flying there! It's funny, but when I was at the SIG Fly In last year, there was so much runway that I totally misjudged landing my twin otter, and it went too far down field. Hard to judge airspeed looking at the baskside of a plane. It basically flat stalled and plopped on its nose, ripping up the nose gear and crushing the main gear supports. Where I normally fly, the runways are short, so you try to land it at the very end, so it touches down right in front of you. Final is very close to where you stand, and at SIG I just lost total perspective from all the room there.

And for ethanol! The town I work in has an ethanol plant, 24x7 its pumping steam into the atmosphere. How they think ethanol will solve "global, er climate change" when producing it pumps tons of steam into the air, is beyond me. After all its moisture that helps trap in heat.

Oh any read the latest NASA report? They say that the planet is actually cooling, not warming. LOL Man, none of them can get their cheet straight.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:04 AM
vertical grimmace

I am so used to short fields, I would get lost flying there! It's funny, but when I was at the SIG Fly In last year, there was so much runway that I totally misjudged landing my twin otter, and it went too far down field. Hard to judge airspeed looking at the baskside of a plane. It basically flat stalled and plopped on its nose, ripping up the nose gear and crushing the main gear supports. Where I normally fly, the runways are short, so you try to land it at the very end, so it touches down right in front of you. Final is very close to where you stand, and at SIG I just lost total perspective from all the room there.

And for ethanol! The town I work in has an ethanol plant, 24x7 its pumping steam into the atmosphere. How they think ethanol will solve "global, er climate change" when producing it pumps tons of steam into the air, is beyond me. After all its moisture that helps trap in heat.

Oh any read the latest NASA report? They say that the planet is actually cooling, not warming. LOL Man, none of them can get their cheet straight.
That is because the "science" they conjure up has nothing to do with truth or reality, but fulfilling an agenda. It is impossible to to actually do the right thing when everyone is lying and there is no way to arrive at an honest conclusion. The environmental movement is essentially back door communism, undermining private property rights. A specific plank in the communist manifesto.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:20 AM
acdii

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
That is because the "science" they conjure up has nothing to do with truth or reality, but fulfilling an agenda. It is impossible to to actually do the right thing when everyone is lying and there is no way to arrive at an honest conclusion. The environmental movement is essentially back door communism, undermining private property rights. A specific plank in the communist manifesto.
I have come to the basic conclusion, you just can't fix stupid. Trying to explain to them that this has happened before many many times is like trying to tell a child the theory of evolution. They just don't get it. They are egotistical idiots thinking Man can change the climate. Just think, if the put that much focus on CLEANING up the planet instead, we could all lead much healthier lives.

Man I need to go fire up a Saito, I need to inhale some of that sweet Wildcat exhaust
Old 12-24-2015, 09:32 AM
vertical grimmace

I have come to the basic conclusion, you just can't fix stupid. Trying to explain to them that this has happened before many many times is like trying to tell a child the theory of evolution. They just don't get it. They are egotistical idiots thinking Man can change the climate. Just think, if the put that much focus on CLEANING up the planet instead, we could all lead much healthier lives.

Man I need to go fire up a Saito, I need to inhale some of that sweet Wildcat exhaust
Good idea! Nothing like glow exhaust to clear the senses and make all things right!

Merry x-mas to all of you guys! Hope santa has engines and planes for all of you.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:16 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The distillation of ethanol uses more energy than what is created when all of the energy that is required to bring raw material to the manufacturing point is considered.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:40 AM
Rudolph Hart

We've had recycling here for years and somewhere in the distant future (like if you actually lived long enough to clock up 500,000 mls on a harley) we might break even on costs here.By the way no one i know over here has any idea how big a dime is.

Cougar merry christmas to you guys and since we are ahead of you time wise you yankees and some southerners here got beat to it by us aussies mate so while you are sittin there having breakfast we're well into the evening party as you can tell.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:28 AM
acdii

Little Christmas music for you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifCWN5pJGIE
Old 12-26-2015, 06:15 AM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace

Yes, "science" is the DEVIL! ^^^^^^That is about the most inane post I've seen on here yet^^^^^^
Old 12-26-2015, 09:11 AM
acdii

Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150
Yes, "science" is the DEVIL! ^^^^^^That is about the most inane post I've seen on here yet^^^^^^
Honestly, the "science" he is referring to has nothing to do with actual science. When you look at all the so called prediction models they use to show climate change, none of them are accurate, mainly because no one, not one single person fully understands how the earth lives. Put 10 scientists in a room to discuss and they will all have a different theory.

Climate has more to do with how the planet moves through the solar system, and effects the sun has on it, than anything else. After all, it is the sun that causes the climate to do what it does. Without the sun, there would be no climate. Think about it this way, we are on a globe spinning on an axis, that there really is no accurate way yet to determine if it has changed at any time, around a star, with a slammer globe that circles it pulling and pushing against it, at the same time this whole mix of planets revolving around the sun are moving through space. Nothing is static, and is ever changing. So why would the climate not change?

To add to this, scientist have now discovered that the permafrost in the arctic emits CO2 and methane even in the winter. What they can't say is how long it has been doing so, which in fact throws all their prediction models out the window. You know that saying, garbage in, Garbage out.

Science for the most part is based on theories, which is later proven, or disproven as fact through experimentation. So far their theories have not held up too well.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:43 AM
blw

Dan- Nice work on the cases and you can see the good job on resizing the brass. It looks like you are taking your time and using a lot of care. I read where Hornady uses a radar set up to measure the tip distortion in flight of those poly tips. Another scary thing I read was about the vests the Soviet troops "vacationing" in The Ukraine were wearing. They are Soviet 7.62 proof. I had not heard that before, so it was a bit alarming. I've been out of the service for 20 years this year, so that's a whole generation I'm behind in arms development.

Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150
"Teflon tipped ammo capable of penetrating bullet proof vests" are a myth Just about any rifle round will penetrate a bullet "resistant" vest anyway. A round from a full power battle rifle round (not the weak assault rifle rounds) would likely kill someone wearing a bullet resistant vest even if it did "stop" the bullet. A 7.62 NATO round has over a TON of impact energy.

On the contrary, "polymer tipped" bullets are the exact opposite, designed for rapid expansion on impact for quick humane kills on game. FMJ (full metal jacket) bullets are banned for hunting medium/big game due to their poor performance resulting in high rates of wounding W/O recovery. FMJ bullets are mandated by international law for military use to reduce the severity of wounds.

The bullets you posted are not tipped with anything but have the noses painted to identify them as tracer rounds.Tracer rounds have phosphorous or other chemicals in the bullet base that ignite on firing leaving the visible trace.

Last edited by blw; 12-26-2015 at 11:13 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 12-26-2015, 11:10 AM
blw

Okay, this is a hot button topic that 99% of the other threads would not have continuing, but we seem to have a lot of members with good sense, and a tolerance for making these interesting. But, please proceed with caution and maybe we'll have a good time for a while. Meanwhile, let's not forget to toss in a Saito tidbit here and there.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:16 AM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks blw.
I am enjoying the digressions as well as anything Satio. There I said the magical word.
ken
Old 12-26-2015, 12:14 PM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by blw
Dan- Nice work on the cases and you can see the good job on resizing the brass. It looks like you are taking your time and using a lot of care. I read where Hornady uses a radar set up to measure the tip distortion in flight of those poly tips. Another scary thing I read was about the vests the Soviet troops "vacationing" in The Ukraine were wearing. They are Soviet 7.62 proof. I had not heard that before, so it was a bit alarming. I've been out of the service for 20 years this year, so that's a whole generation I'm behind in arms development.
Soviet 7.62x39 is NOT a "full power battle rifle round". I would like to see them stand up to Soviet 7.62x 54R or 7.62x51 NATO. Don't even think about 30-06 or full power 8X57IS. With those last 2, you would be better to take your chances on a pass through with FMJ than having nearly 3000 ft# of energy absorbed by your chest behind a bullet resistant vest.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:25 PM
SrTelemaster150

Honestly, the "science" he is referring to has nothing to do with actual science. When you look at all the so called prediction models they use to show climate change, none of them are accurate, mainly because no one, not one single person fully understands how the earth lives. Put 10 scientists in a room to discuss and they will all have a different theory.

Climate has more to do with how the planet moves through the solar system, and effects the sun has on it, than anything else. After all, it is the sun that causes the climate to do what it does. Without the sun, there would be no climate. Think about it this way, we are on a globe spinning on an axis, that there really is no accurate way yet to determine if it has changed at any time, around a star, with a slammer globe that circles it pulling and pushing against it, at the same time this whole mix of planets revolving around the sun are moving through space. Nothing is static, and is ever changing. So why would the climate not change?

To add to this, scientist have now discovered that the permafrost in the arctic emits CO2 and methane even in the winter. What they can't say is how long it has been doing so, which in fact throws all their prediction models out the window. You know that saying, garbage in, Garbage out.

Science for the most part is based on theories, which is later proven, or disproven as fact through experimentation. So far their theories have not held up too well.
Changes in climate due to the way the Earth moves through the Solar system take 10s of thousands of years to occur. Funny how your 10 scientists in a room will all have different theories while 97% of scientists worldwide (except those employed by the "carbon industry" of course) are all in agreement that man made pollution is affecting the climate.

Carbon based energy is a finite commodity anyway. why should we be in a hurry to use it all up? Unless of course you are a greed ******* with billions in the carbon industry. Then you want to exploit it as much as possible BEFORE the jig is up!

Here is what EXXONMOBIL has to say!

Sorry if this might be an inconvenience to you in some way.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:48 PM
bob62
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could use wood bullets like the japs, dipped in dunk
Old 12-27-2015, 01:37 AM
Rudolph Hart

Dunno about that bob but they did use the 7.7x58mm arisaka (risky) rifle loaded with 150 to 180gn fmj rounds @ 2400fps,not exactly setting the world on fire because the action just would not handle any more,bit like the british lee enfield 303,they were built to do a basic job.Just remembered i took a 30m1 roo shootin back in the seventies (it belonged to a mate) and it's a good thing the roo's wer'nt armed with 9mm handguns,they'd have had the best of me.I know the reason the gummint chose the 9mm round over the old 45acp but even the 38 super should have been the bottom line re power.

Say..you guys know anyone who's running a saito fa115 in a cub?
Old 12-27-2015, 04:33 AM
Rudolph Hart

Ok let's have a quizz on the saito fa115..i've heard a nasty nasty rumour which was'nt started by me dammit! that it may have a cdi ignition which would make it so reliable and efficient that you go to sleep while it's running and just like watching a v8 gas guzzling fuel gauge go backwards so your hair turns grey at the same rate while your clothes fade to beige and somebody pushes an expensive cane rocking chair up behind you so your precious you know what does'nt get hurt...let's keep livin on the edge of cranky maybe high nitro glow ignitions with a decent amount of 'whats going to happen next' built into them,a tuning challenge in a new plane and living more on the ragged edge sound wise too.Bit like rolling home drunk as and late where you know the handbrake is just waitin for you behind the front door...tell me that don't make you feel alive
Old 12-27-2015, 05:30 AM
braddock VC

How do I get off the subscribe list please? This thread has gone downhill so quickly it's incredible.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:38 AM
spaceworm

Originally Posted by braddock VC
How do I get off the subscribe list please? This thread has gone downhill so quickly it's incredible.
Just click on "thread tools" and click "unsuscribe". Or, just choose to not open any of the Club Saito threads. You do have choices. I think you just wanted to make a statement?
Old 12-27-2015, 05:42 AM
braddock VC

No statement, I found it thanks. Just an old guy without forum/IT skills. So long.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:49 AM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by Old Fart
Dunno about that bob but they did use the 7.7x58mm arisaka (risky) rifle loaded with 150 to 180gn fmj rounds @ 2400fps,not exactly setting the world on fire because the action just would not handle any more,bit like the british lee enfield 303,they were built to do a basic job.Just remembered

Say..you guys know anyone who's running a saito fa115 in a cub?
P.O. Ackley did destructive tests on various military bolt actions. He found the Arisaka to be the strongest of the lot.

Below is a "cut & paste from a FIELD & STREAM article.

"The Model 99 was initially produced in 1941 (It was called Type 99 because 1941 was the 2099th year since the traditional date of the founding of Japan.) and manufactured until 1945. It was a cock-on-opening bolt action that was based on the Mauser, but was far stronger. The 99 was equipped with a bolt cover — a piece of sheet metal that fitted over the bolt and was supposed to keep out dirt and intestines. It may have done so, but when the bolt was cycled it made an infernal racket, and prudent Japanese solders removed it."

On the FA-115, I recently purchased one for my 1/5 scale Wingsmaker J-3 Cub. I had an FA-91S mounted, but when I found out that the Fa-115 had the same footprint, I decide on "ludicrous power"!

Now that Christmas & deer season are over I will be doing some comparative tests on the FA-115 with CDI vs GI.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.