Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 07:23 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

How ive ordered one of these just for looks hopefully wont hurt its straight line preformance

Old 07-30-2011, 07:39 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, there was a lot of good stuff here!

My neighbor has an E-Revo & I always envied his 4 wd ability to get out of "trouble" but since I've only had the 2WD Slash a year I felt I couldn't really afford to buy another truck. I happened to find a 4wd roller on e-bay for a nice price. I compare the 2 parts list & realized a whole bunch of the 2wd stuff is the same as the 4wd drive. So I bought it & transferred all the parts I could. Long story short on the 1st pack I smoked the brushed motor! But it sure handled nice!

I'm working on a BL conversion & still way cheaper than the full package! Plus I got a few spare parts now.

These things are great fun!

Chuck
Old 07-31-2011, 03:18 AM
phmaximus

ha nice work, ive kind of dont that before, ive made a few cars from the basic chassis, peice by peice week by week. I just dident have the outlay to buy it as a kit.

yeah those stock motors!!!! i had no luck 2 smoked

Hows if u are going brushless look at the ezrun 35a ESC & motors. Ive seen people use the 70amp & 100amp esc, but whats the point???
seriously im running a 35a with a 3900kv motor, on 7.4v its to fast & powerfull & on 11.1v its just crazy & pulls wheelies. if im getting over the top preformance from a 35a ESC why go any higher??? ive got 3 35a brushless ESC's and thay power 8 of my 12 cars with varing KV motors ranging from 2400kv-4900kv.

all ive been doing is slowly buying the motors then the ESC's I dont have the cash to buy it as a kit but individually i can just squees it.
I only plan to run a higher amp ESC in my rustler so i can run 4s-5s lipos for burnouts

hey i am supprised with the slash winning the r/c actions truck of the year again, that the forums are nearly dead
Old 07-31-2011, 06:26 PM
imp3r10

where can you buy this vehicle for the low price of $200 ish?
Old 07-31-2011, 06:35 PM
clp.eng

Try [link=http://www.philshobbyshop.com/catalog/viewsku?sku=TRA5802&itemname=slash_2wd_rtr_xl-5_w_2-channel_am_radio]here.[/link] Though I'd recommend spending the extra money & get the 2.4GHz radio [link=http://www.philshobbyshop.com/catalog/viewsku?sku=TRA5803&itemname=slash_rtr_w_2_4_radio_7-cell_nimh_battery_char]here.[/link]

Chuck
Old 07-31-2011, 06:37 PM
godofcable
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: imp3r10

where can you buy this vehicle for the low price of $200 ish?
have to be new?

cheapest i've seen new RTR is here http://www.activepowersports.com/pro...d-TRA5802.html

but thats with the AM radio system. You're better off spending the extra $20-$30 or so and finding one with the 2.4 ghz radio. like this
http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...pl?pn=TRX58036

Old 08-01-2011, 09:14 AM
clp.eng

ph - turns out my neighbor is upgrading his E-Revo & sold me his setup = HobbyWing 65A ESC & 4000KV BL motor. I was looking at a bit smaller motor ~3000KV but maybe wheelies are in my future! LOL I'll let you know how it turns out.

Chuck
Old 08-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

if the motor was running a revo than it will run the slash 4x4 no sweat. Gearing can make a wheelie problem subside, but the best thing is just plain old self control
Old 08-02-2011, 01:52 AM
Andyjk

ORIGINAL: golfandcards

hey guys sorry this is my first post on this thread. I am having a pinion/spur gear problem with my Slash. I know this is not enough information but the spur gear and pinion keep eating themselves up! They look like worn out Chinese stars after a day of running. I have tried every distance in a mesh. Very loose, very tight and all the spots in the middle. I use a 14 tooth pinion and the stock spur gear. i Have tried Steel Spur gears and it wears just as fast. I have tried to put washers on the motor mount to make sure the mount is as even as possible. I am going to try and post up some pictures here very soon. Any ideas?
This has probably happen over 20 times =( I am starting to wondering if something in my setup is defective or something.
I had the same problem with my Slash. I ended up going through 17 spur gears. I tried everythingincluding buying a brand new transmissionand nothing worked. It got to the point where I just didnt bother driving it anymore. What I did was use Jato gears. They are a bigger pitch so they don't slip and I haven't been through one yet. I'd suggest doing the same. The only thing is you wont be able to put the cover back on over the slipper clutch because the spur is bigger.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:27 PM
lithiumx152

Traxxas is the best and will always be the best R/C car/truck maker , one thing that would get traxxas even more popular is if they start creating li-po batteries , there nihm packs only go up to 4200mah , but they are damn good durable batteries and they have good run time . When i meant by Traxxas is the best and will always be the best R/C car/truck maker .  [  THAT IS NO FRIGGIN JOKE ]
Old 08-02-2011, 02:29 PM
lithiumx152

quote:

hey guys sorry this is my first post on this thread. I am having a pinion/spur gear problem with my Slash. I know this is not enough information but the spur gear and pinion keep eating themselves up! They look like worn out Chinese stars after a day of running. I have tried every distance in a mesh. Very loose, very tight and all the spots in the middle. I use a 14 tooth pinion and the stock spur gear. i Have tried Steel Spur gears and it wears just as fast. I have tried to put washers on the motor mount to make sure the mount is as even as possible. I am going to try and post up some pictures here very soon. Any ideas? 
This has probably happen over 20 times =( I am starting to wondering if something in my setup is defective or something.

JUST GET NEW PINION GEAR LIKE THE 19T PINION GEAR WHICH IS THE BEST FOR THAT MODEL.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:31 PM
lithiumx152

and if you just keep on killing many pinon and spur gears , then heres a auggestion , buy an aluminum one , not that crapy plastic crap.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:40 AM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: clp.eng

ph - turns out my neighbor is upgrading his E-Revo & sold me his setup = HobbyWing 65A ESC & 4000KV BL motor. I was looking at a bit smaller motor ~3000KV but maybe wheelies are in my future! LOL I'll let you know how it turns out.

Chuck
nice, make shure u try 11.1v lipo
That has a burst current of 380a should be killer with the 4x4

Mine is only 190a burst on 11.1v it pulls wheelies but mine is a 2x4
Old 08-03-2011, 05:50 AM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: lithiumx152

and if you just keep on killing many pinon and spur gears , then heres a auggestion , buy an aluminum one , not that crapy plastic crap.
Sorry bud but IMO the alloy ones are crap, if thay were steel then it might be worth it. the alloy ones are worse than stock
Old 08-03-2011, 05:51 AM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: Andyjk

I had the same problem with my Slash. I ended up going through 17 spur gears. I tried everythingincluding buying a brand new transmissionand nothing worked. It got to the point where I just didnt bother driving it anymore. What I did was use Jato gears. They are a bigger pitch so they don't slip and I haven't been through one yet. I'd suggest doing the same. The only thing is you wont be able to put the cover back on over the slipper clutch because the spur is bigger.
what setup were u running???
Old 08-03-2011, 06:10 AM
Andyjk

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

ORIGINAL: Andyjk

what setup were u running???
Velineon motor and ezrun esc on 3 cell lipo. The steel gears are just as rubbish as the plastic ones. Bigger pitch gears is the way to go.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:27 PM
phmaximus

hummmmm. Just wondering when the spur gear striped was it dirty or did it still look new & clean??? & How did u set the gear mesh?? & do u replace the spur & pinion together?
Old 08-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Andyjk

hummmmm. Just wondering when the spur gear striped was it dirty or did it still look new & clean??? & How did u set the gear mesh?? & do u replace the spur & pinion together?
it was all still clean. I tried every mesh distance, just like the other guy was saying. There was nothing wrong with the pinions although I did change them a few times as I thought that may have been the problem. Anyway, I don't have any problems anymore!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:59 PM
phmaximus

I Wonder what it was, Strange, meh life goes on

Jato gears???? please tell me more lol
Old 08-04-2011, 03:03 PM
phmaximus

ha love the police Lancer in ur pic, is that yourse????

How on earth was the checkerpatch striping done. ive allways wanted to make a aussie police car but yeah those checker look like a pain
Old 08-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Andyjk

ha love the police Lancer in ur pic, is that yourse????

How on earth was the checkerpatch striping done. ive allways wanted to make a aussie police car but yeah those checker look like a pain
Yeah it's mine...here's a thread on how I did it.. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10438948/tm.htm
Old 08-05-2011, 05:18 AM
phmaximus

he he he that is so cool, This is my drifter, it would be cool to make a vid with something like this been chased by it. lol

Old 08-05-2011, 05:29 AM
phmaximus

Hows post man droped of my First order YAY!!!! 3 to go.... Man I Love Tax Time

Ive now got fitted
Traxxas Link 2.4ghz reciver (base model 2ch 2.4ghz TX)
Yeah Racing 35a ESC
Yeah Racing 3900kv Motor
Home Made Lexen ESC Mount
Proline Chassis Saver
NEW
RPM Front Bearing Carriers
RPM Caster Blocks
RPM Rear Bumper Mount
RPM Rear Arms
RPM Front Arms
RPM Light Canister Set
Old 08-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Andyjk

Looks nice!

Is that 35A esc for your slash? I think you might find that it will overheat quite easily.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:50 AM
phmaximus

cheerz bud

nar it seems fine ive got 3 other 1/10 scale cars running the same setup all are sweet, ive soldered the ESC fan onto the the built in BEC, so its not a hassle when changine from 2s to 3s lipos, the fan runs slightly slower & the ESC only gets warm, the 390core 540 size moter has plenty of grunt, it gets a little hot, but it passes a 6sec touch test.

its strange those 35a kits are great, i dont see the need for anything higher unless u are playing with high kv motors on 3s or plan 4s lipo's
i think im a 35a fan lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.