Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Metal_Maxx254

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

can anyone tell me if the tranny from the new 2010 model e-maxx brushless will bolt on / fit in the original e-maxx ? (the one with the black chassis plate) because i want to go brushless and i know the old tranny with the lo-hi shift on the fly wont be able to take the power of a mamba max, and my truck (motors and batteries) are getting really hot and the drivetrain isnt binding or any thing, but instead of running the 7.2v nimh 6cells i am running the 8.4v traxxas series 3 7cell hump packs at 3000mah, what could be wrong???????
Old 04-08-2010, 01:14 AM
junville

Another question MR Brainator,

The 4 mm bullet adapters that you had mentioned, do they just clip on to the existing adapters from the motor wires or I have to cut and solder them in place?
Old 04-08-2010, 02:17 AM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: junville

Another question MR Brainator,

The 4 mm bullet adapters that you had mentioned, do they just clip on to the existing adapters from the motor wires or I have to cut and solder them in place?
You will have to solder them on. If you don't know how to solder, I suggest you learn it is tons of fun, and a great skill to have (especially if you'll be running electrics a lot).
If you don't feel comfortable doing it, maybe talk to your LHS and see if someone can teach you, or do a few for you before you try it on your own.

And I might be a little warry cutting wires on brushless motors, I've heard that it can mess stuff up...? I personally would un-solder them, or call/email traxxas and see if it'll hurt motor.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:02 AM
FireFrenzy

If you want to watch someone do it before trying, i would suggest searching on youtube for something like "squirrel soldering bullet connectors" or something he has a good video on the how-to...
Old 04-08-2010, 04:38 PM
burrito

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys. im currently runnin 8.4v nimh batts. im deciding between  these 2 lipo's. its goin in my slash with an ez-run 9t system. will there be a big difference in run-time and power between the two lipos? the 2s is almost $20 cheaper. thanks

http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-4000mah-3s1p-111-30c.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-5000mah-2s1p-74-20c.html
Old 04-09-2010, 03:06 AM
FireFrenzy

well if you get the top lipo you will need to change the fan out for one that can take 3s voltage, because you'll roast the stock unit, this isnt a big deal the fans are on ebay for a few bucks. And the bottom one SHOULD give you 25% more run time if not the speed of the top pack due to it being 2s as opposed to 3s...

(that 25% figure isn't fixxed on any sort of accurate knowledge just that 5000 is "4000+25%")
Old 04-09-2010, 10:25 AM
boosteda4tq

Ok guys...so i keep getting hot temps with my setup what you guys think i should do.

Current Setup:
3s Lipo
MM5700
18/90 Gearing
Default setting on ESC
1/8th Tires and Wheels

Cant go no longer than 5 minutes with out it reaching Pass 170Degrees

I purchased the FastLaneMachine Tranny & Center Diff see if that helps with the heat.

Also i have upgrade shocks but man these trucks are so hard to handle on the grass...any suspension setups you guys suggest?
Old 04-09-2010, 11:32 AM
overrev

Your gearing is to high for the motor on 3s so go with a smaller pinion unless you are using it for speed runs only. The 5700 can be run on 3s but you will need to keep a eye on the temps they just run hot.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:51 PM
burrito

only had my slash for a few days and already broke a rear a-arm. i am a little dissapointed because i've put my e-firestorm through a lot worse and havent broke a thing... anyways i ordered RPM rear arms so hopefully it wont happen again. what are the biggest weak points on the slash (bumpers,arms, shocks etc...) ?

Old 04-11-2010, 04:51 PM
FireFrenzy

shock caps, other then that they are pretty much indestructible... get some aluminum shock caps since the plastic ones are known to get ripped off if your going with a thick fluid or single hole pistons, I have the traxxas ultrashock caps but i hear the caps for big bores will work fine from guys i trust...

Ooh and occationally people het a "lemon" titan motor which fries in yards/days/weeks but alot less then you would expect but thats about it for what i know off...
Old 04-11-2010, 05:11 PM
burrito

ill be sure to order some shock caps then. i also noticed the shock towers are flimsy, so i may also order couple of aluminum ones
Old 04-11-2010, 08:03 PM
aythomps

hi guys, do anyone know what brushless motor can be use on the slash, and still be in stock racing rules.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:19 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

It's typically a spec class, everyone running the same equipment. So, Slash "stock" is usually just that - stock, meaning if it didn't come with the truck, it's illegal in the rules. That's where Mod Short Course comes in. FWIW, usually "stock' means 17.5T brushless, but you really need to check with the track where you plan to race.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:04 PM
draulics

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98644.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	1416909  
Old 04-12-2010, 08:34 PM
burrito

recieved and installed my new RPM a-arms today...... but, LITERALLY, within 2 minutes of driving, i broke something else. i broke a rear hub carrier. i only hit a small 3ft. jump and my wheel was sittinf face down in the dirt. [:@] so i ordered alluminum ones from ST racing. im really pissed off over the quality of this truck. from the way every one talks on here, i thought it was gonna be durrable like my HPI. think im gonna stick with HPI from now on...

Old 04-12-2010, 08:38 PM
devast8r
My Feedback: (17)

Man I feel you're pain I've had mine since Nov. and have beat the living crap out of it. Nothing other then scratches then today I take it to a new track that just opened and after about 2 minutes my castor block popped the pin. lol oh well time to upgrade right?
Old 04-12-2010, 09:15 PM
burrito

at least yours lasteed a lot longer than mine. i only had mine 4 days before i broke an a-arm. couldnt play with it for another 4 days while i waited to get my new arms in the mail. then when i install them, i break a hub carrier on my first jump! maybe my slash is a lemon ?? lol... if one more thing breaks, im gonna sell it and buy a blitz.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:18 PM
devast8r

Man definitely sounds like somethings up, I jump squared curbs, man holes, roll it for days and have even jumped my car and nothing broke. You should contact Traxxas or something.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
burrito

i was thinking about calling them, but ill wait and see if anything else breaks right away... then ill call them and give em' a piece of my mind! lol
Old 04-12-2010, 09:30 PM
devast8r

Lol I hear ya there. Man honestly rpm is better plastic anyway I'd give them my opinion at Traxxas for spares maybe but you'll want to go rpm later on anyway with any rc you get so you could always just go that route and save money later.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:02 PM
burrito

yeah i was gonna go with RPM carriers, but i ended up goin with the aluminum st racing carriers (they look cooler). i also ordered a pair of st racing aluminum caster blocks.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:03 PM
devast8r

Yeah I'm ordering some aluminum castors next. I might try rpm but I think aluminum would be better there.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Brainanator

I always have to be super careful with RPM plastic. It is overall much tougher than traxxas (more flexible too), but I always end up stripping threads in RPM plastic, totally my fault.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:21 PM
birdman1968

Having problems bringing my nose down on jumps at the track all the sudden . Thinking that my slipper might be to loose ? Is their any other adjustments that affect braking and bringing the nose down on the air . I was doing great at the track then all the sudden my nose was in the air all the time . Breaking in the air is just not working like it was !?
Old 04-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Brainanator

well, since the slash has only the 2 small wheels rotating for it's generally large size, the conservation of rotational momentum is such that you need drastic changes in wheel rotation to rotate the whole mass.....

Have you tried throwing it in reverse? loosening the slipper wouldn't affect that much, unless it's really loose....if your wheel stop in the air, thats as much rotational force the wheels can exert (basically, neglecting impulse).

I always threw it in reverse when that happened

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.