Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 07:52 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

What is the best way to go about getting support for my radio? I think I want to send it in. Does Esprit models do tech support, or do I need to send it back to Chech? I really want to use my new radio, but I do not trust it. I appreciate any help.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:00 AM
Jeti USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryC
Having paid a lot for a box that does not do what is needed, and letting others who may be considering buying it know about its shortfalls is not negative or grumpy, it is justifiable disappointment and fair to inform others. Having put on sale a box which is not adequate, Jeti has not told its customers "don't worry, a major improvement will be released within a couple of weeks even though we have had 2 years already to get it right and haven't". Why would they put on sale something that is not adequate, disappoint customers yet already have a big upgrade ready and not tell anyone? Doesn't make sense. Is this like your promise some years ago of the upgrade of the 16 to 32 channels?
Anybody reading your comment can easily see what exactly definition of grumpy and negative is. Simply being completely dismissive, and doubt that Jeti will need to get it right is just silly (it's just software), we are not Weatronic. It's simply process where ours/yours suggestions and ideas as well as Jeti's slowly come to mutual solution. Ask anybody if Jeti does not listen to suggestions, also implementation speed is something to admire. Like I said we are not Speky or Futaba.

Just remember one fact, 3 years ago nobody ever heard about Jeti Radio Systems.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-20-2015, 08:01 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
What is the best way to go about getting support for my radio? I think I want to send it in. Does Esprit models do tech support, or do I need to send it back to Chech? I really want to use my new radio, but I do not trust it. I appreciate any help.
Where did you get it?
Old 07-20-2015, 08:05 AM
vertical grimmace

Esprit models. I am in the USA.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:10 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
Esprit models. I am in the USA.
Where did you get it? What Dealer?
Why you do not trust radio?
Call us ask for Zb
Old 07-20-2015, 08:24 AM
vertical grimmace

Because the first plane I installed it in I lost control within 1 minute. A very reliable pattern plane, that I would still have if I left the old radio in. Also it will not uprade my purchases from the zip file, emails I have gotten. The logical switches and voice modulation will not upgrade. I was able to expand the channels from 8-14. That file worked eventually, but it took a long while moving files around.

I purchased the radio from ESPRIT, the only US distributor you have as far as I know.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:44 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

ZB/Jeti USA

I am committed to Jeti and am grateful for the considerable support you have given to this thread which I hope will continue. Having received so much advice from you, may I offer you some in my area of expertise. In the world of Sales, sometimes 'less' is 'more'.

Bob
Old 07-20-2015, 08:51 AM
vertical grimmace

Originally Posted by Blancr
ZB/Jeti USA

I am committed to Jeti and am grateful for the considerable support you have given to this thread which I hope will continue. Having received so much advice from you, may I offer you some in my area of expertise. In the world of Sales, sometimes 'less' is 'more'.

Bob
I am seeking some of this considerable support.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:56 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

VG, call James or David or ZB at Esprit 321-729-4287.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:16 PM
Pepperpete

Same with me about that support. This forum has been a godsend to me in terms of learning and yes I do acknowledge that you have helped greatly. Having said that...

Jeti USA you are starting to give the impression of being just a little bit mad. We are spending top dollar on this radio system. You were saying "light years ahead" but when I asked for help about head tracking I received no help. Such a simple thing to program on all other brands.

I absolutely love my radio but personally I think you guys are behind in terms of usability for the end user. I ended up having to buy a DX-18 because I got tired of the Head Tracking issue (I was able to setup head tracking in under a minute on the DX-18) and my DS-16 has been sitting waiting for a fix. Funny enough the DX-18 is not only easier to use, has most of the functionality plus a few things the Jeti doesn't do well, but the support I've received from Spektrum has been very good.

I haven't sold my DS-16 because I'm hoping the small issues I've had get fixed. I love the feel and the build quality. I'm past the learning curve on the DS-16 and it's a fantastic piece of gear. I just wish Jeti would make sure that all the basic abilities where implemented first before moving onto more advanced features.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 07-20-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:27 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

With the new r3 firmware that Zb mentioned recently you should be able to get a wireless connection to your head tracking.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:00 PM
vertical grimmace

Does anyone know what it means when you turn on your TX and it says "unable to open configuration"? This is the crux of my problem with my voice modulation and logical switch activation bin file not working. I have cleared out my files and downloaded the most recent update (several times actually) and just put my activation bin file in the root drive. Jamess told me if you just put the activation file in the root folder, it will get placed automatically where it needs to be.

OK, I had a good long conversation with James today (at Esprit models) and he said that the data logging does occur whether you have this update in the DS 14 or not. I emailed him my log file for my flight, and hopefully he can decipher what happened with my flight. So hopefully I will find out what happened with my crash.

Once I feel comfortable getting these upgrades to stick to my TX, I will purchase the data logging, but I am not going to pay for something else I cannot get to work.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:16 PM
Pepperpete

Wayne so I would make up a PPM cable from the head tracker with a servo lead and plug it into the PPM port on the R3? And the R3 will relay that information back to my DS-16? I would appreciate if someone could do a step by step with either a Head Tracker or a Buddy Box setup. Obviously I'm no longer the only one trying to make a head tracker work if going by this thread is any indication. Its just silly that I have to buy yet another RX (in this case a TX) just to do PPM HeadTracking. A bit frustrating but I could live with it. Just need things cleared up better on exactly how to make it work but it sounds like it has promise.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 07-20-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:23 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
Wayne so I would make up a PPM cable from the head tracker with a servo lead and plug it into the PPM port on the R3? And the R3 will relay that information back to my DS-16? I would appreciate if someone could do a step by step with either a Head Tracker or a Buddy Box setup. Obviously I'm no longer the only one trying to make a head tracker work if going by this thread is any indication. Its just silly that I have to buy yet another RX (in this case a TX) just to do PPM HeadTracking. A bit frustrating but I could live with it. Just need things cleared up better on exactly how to make it work but it sounds like it has promise.

I don't own a head tracker but I did have a number of conversations with another modeller that was trying to get this to work and as a result too the time to figure out what I thought would be needed to get it working so when I saw the post about being able to use an R3 to turn any transmitter into a wireless.Jeti compatible buddy box, the head tracking was the first thing I thought of.

Basically, yes, you would need a cable that takes the head trackers PPM output and routes it to a JR / universal connector so it can be connected to the R3s (with the proper firmware) PPM input. From there, it should become like setting up th DS16's trainer interface, which I have actually done as I have 2, DS16s. While I haven't seen the firmware for this yet, you would need to pair the R3 that you converted to a trainer interface to the DS16, presumable through the DS16s device explorer or by using a Jetibox interface. On the DS16, you would need to use Function assignment to create the servo functions to control your camera gimbals via the head tracker and assign then to receiver channels using Servo Assignment. Next go into the Advanced Properties, Wireless / Trainer menu and set Mode to Teacher on the DS16 and pair the updated R3 to the DS16. You should then need to "check off" the head tracker channels created in Function Assignment so that the Header tracker outputs will control your camera gimbals. That is the high level / bold strokes of what I THINK should be needed to get head tracking to work based on having setup 2 DS16s in Student / Teacher mode. One problem is that it seems that the Student Teacher interface must be activated each time that model is selected but perhaps Jeti will add a Head tracker menu at some point which will stay permanently enabled once configured. I'm sirry I can't be more specific but I don't actually own a head tracker to test this against. Still, if you are feeling ambitious, I'd be more than willing to try and help you sort it out either online, via private messages or whatever. I'm pretty confident that with this updated receiver firmware it should ba able to be done. The first step would be to modify a trainer cable that is compatible with the head tracker so that it can connect to the R3..
Old 07-21-2015, 06:57 AM
Jeti USA

We are already working on head tracking, video follows soon. Simply we just did have different priorities.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-21-2015, 05:43 PM
Colin Allen

Just wanted to say I am LOVING my DS-16 (no I am not a rep or have any commercial interest!). I had a Futaba 18MZ and got this a few months ago thinking I'd try it out on a model or two. I've now pretty much converted across all of my jets and a few prop planes to it, and about to start on my helis. I'll be selling my 18MZ once I've converted the rest. The telemetry is brilliant, I'm very happy with the ergonomics (I added the Grumania trim control), the feel in the air (had to get used to greater in flight sensitivity, but that was a nice problem to have!) and thus far there's been nothing I've wanted to do where I've said "I could do that on the 18MZ, why cant I do it here". Like anything, there is a learning curve, but overall I found it very intuitive. Took me a bit of fiddling around to work out integration with existing iGyro's and Powerbox units, but once worked out, no problem.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:56 PM
Pepperpete

Really appreciate the help Wayne. Lets see what Jeti comes up with. Hopefully it's something simple and easy like the other brands.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:19 PM
Walo

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Harry I really do not understand you, always negative and grumpy. Like I told you before update is already in process. Jeti is light years ahead of everybody and actively supports all it's customers. Good luck with Speky or other manufacturers.

Late this or early next week Jeti will release new update for DC/DS-16 Tx/Rx. Update will add extra 8 channels to the 16 channel radio architecture. Those extra 8 channels will have adjustable mid/end points plus some extras, all full 4096 resolution. To make changes you do not even have to use Device Explorer, all will be set from Servo/Function Assignment page.

Zb/Jeti USA
Hello Jeti USA,

You wrote this allready a year ago. According to Jeti Czech there is no update in the near future. Where did you get this info?

Regards
Walter
Old 07-22-2015, 12:41 AM
HarryC

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Jeti USA has a history of making fantasy claims. This was Jeti USA's claim from more than 2 years ago that the 16 was about to become 32 channel - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...l#post11677102

Last edited by HarryC; 07-22-2015 at 12:55 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:59 AM
Pepperpete

Oh wow...that really was two years ago?? I remember being excited about that announcement then completely forgot about it. I really hope that doesn't happen for my issue. I want to keep this radio as I love it but I don't just fly jets anymore and need the missing features.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:06 AM
cycross

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
New Jeti Replacement Spring-Loaded UP & DOWN 3-Position Switches are Here.
You can assign your retract and use spring loaded Down or UP for wheel break.

http://www.espritmodel.com/search.as...+spring+loaded

Zb/Jeti USA

Zb, need clarification here. Is 'Spring-Loaded DOWN' spring loaded towards the data ribbon connector direction?
Like to pull the trigger but don't want to end up buying the wrong switch.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:12 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
Oh wow...that really was two years ago?? I remember being excited about that announcement then completely forgot about it. I really hope that doesn't happen for my issue. I want to keep this radio as I love it but I don't just fly jets anymore and need the missing features.
What missing features? Jeti added hundreds of features over last 2 years.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-22-2015, 08:13 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by cycross
Zb, need clarification here. Is 'Spring-Loaded DOWN' spring loaded towards the data ribbon connector direction?
Like to pull the trigger but don't want to end up buying the wrong switch.
Spring loaded DOWN, means Switch Up, Center, Spring Down
Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-22-2015, 08:14 AM
Jeti USA

Jeti Receiver Updates

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-firmware-updates.aspx

Version 3.24 for R3/RSW, R4US, R5US, R6US, R7-9-11US, R14-18US Receivers

UPDATE 3.24
Download Firmware Standard R3/RSW-18US 3.24 (June, 2015)
Download Firmware UDI 16 R3/RSW-18US 3.24 (June, 2015)
Download Firmware S.Bus R3/RSW-18US 3.24 (June, 2015, Select UDI in Device Explorer)

Version 3.06 for R3/RSW Receiver
With this update you will be able to simply use a Wireless Teacher/Student function (Buddy Box) together with any third-party transmitters. You only need to supply the R3/RSW with power and PPM signal through the trainer port of the student's transmitter. After that, you should switch the DC/DS transmitter to the "Teacher" mode and bind in a usual way.

UPDATE 3.06
Download Firmware R3/RSW 3.06 (June, 2015)
Old 07-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by HarryC
Jeti USA has a history of making fantasy claims. This was Jeti USA's claim from more than 2 years ago that the 16 was about to become 32 channel

Here you go:

Zb/Jeti USA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.