Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Adrenaline 3D

Old 08-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Crazy-Ace 316

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adrenaline 3D

What I would like to know is if any of you have ever flown this plane before and whether it is any good or not (Some pics and vids would be nice too.)
[link=http://www.abellrc.com/catalog/adrenaline_3d_3283059.htm]
This Link[/link] will take you to the Adrenaline 3D page.

Also, what do you think of the company Abell Hobbies? (The company that makes the plane)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31867.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	160940  
Old 08-06-2004, 04:37 PM
Crazy-Ace 316

Default RE: Adrenaline 3D

Just bringing this thread back to the top.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:27 PM
FwStingray

There are around ten of these flying locally & everyone absolutely loves them!!! Too much fun!!! Here's the link to a video about it that we did [link=http://www.architects-sma.com/html/Adrenaline.wmv](6 meg video)[/link]

T.J.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:36 AM
FwStingray

I think the video link is working now...
Old 08-07-2004, 01:31 PM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default Adrenaline 3D

I have two of these on the way. One is the "light" version, and one is the standard. Any chance of getting some set up specs on the ones that are flying? Weight, batts, etc?
Thanks_bob
Old 08-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Crazy-Ace 316

Original: FwStingray

There are around ten of these flying locally & everyone absolutely loves them!!!
Really? It sound and looks like a good flyer (Watched the Video and it was awesome!!). About how much did you buy it for total (Plane, r.c. gear, batt., etc.) and where did you purchase it from?
Old 08-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Crazy-Ace 316

Hello?
Old 08-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Crashis Clay
My Feedback: (2)

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/cgi-bin...drenaline.html
http://www6.mailordercentral.com/heliproz/default.asp
http://www.abellrc.com/index2.html

John,

you can find pricing on everything you need from the above links. I have met some of guys up in Helena MT and they are a great bunch of guys, I don't know what it is about Helena MT but there is a bunch of talented pilots up there in both hellis, fixed wing aircraft and video! (must be the clean mountain air). That is a cool video and some expert flying as well.

Clay......
Old 08-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Crazy-Ace 316

Clay, thanks for all of the information but I have another question (for anyone).
Are there any brushed-motor options for this plane? What I would like to do is start off with a relatively inexpensive, brushed power system and move up to a brushless one later.
Maybe something like a GWS 370 or 400 with a gearbox?
Old 08-15-2004, 02:35 AM
bob_nj

Default Adrenaline 3D

Hey John,

Let's keep in touch. We can trade tips on building and flying if you like_bob
Old 08-16-2004, 09:08 AM
Crashis Clay

John, the Adrenaline was designed around the AXI 2212 26, The motor mount system that we used is unique but I suppose that one could build an adapter for a Brushed system but I feel that if you are going to get into electrics you may as well spend the extra money and get the good stuff! After all you wouldn't get an LA 40 for your 40 size 3D ship,,,,,, would ya.
Clay,,,,
Old 08-16-2004, 10:08 PM
Crazy-Ace 316

Original: Abell Hobby and Manufacturing

After all you wouldn't get an LA 40 for your 40 size 3D ship,,,,,, would ya.
No, I know better than to do that.
I see your point Clay. This just means that I'll have to wait a little longer to save up enough money for the plane. I'm in High School and am saving up money for a car as well.

Bob, sure! I won't be getting the plane for a while but I will be happy to share any information on building or flying it with you.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:33 AM
FNG

John, the extra $$ for the brushless setup is well worth it. I went brushed standard GWS 350 at first, burnt that motor, mine went a long time for being run on 3 cell lipo's. Then since I had the brushed speed ctrl I went with a Losi mini T hop up motor for $40.00. This motor has replaceable brushes and good power. Next I took the plung, Himax 2015-4100 and CC 25 amp speed ctrl. Combo deal from Todds models, I think I paid $114 last year (cheaper now). I had $20 for the origanal GWS motor and gearbox, $40 for the hop up motor and the brushed ECS that I already had is around $30.

I think it really makes sense to just go brushless from the beginning. This power system I have now himaxx 2015-4100, CC25 and TP 1320 3S batts, will fly an airplane in the weight range from 12-16 oz very well, the lighter end with a 10x4.7 or 11x4.7, and top weights with a 12x6 prop. Full on 3D flying from 14-20+ minutes.

Mark
Old 08-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Crashis Clay

Any body see this thing fly @ the Loveland CO's Big bird festival last weekend? Noon time demos were awesome. I know that somebody out there has some video of it. If you do, I will post it on our website @ www.abellrc.com, (if you dont mind).

Clay
Abell Hobby & Mfg.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:08 AM
3D DEAN

I saw the Adrenaline 3D @ the Loveland Saturday. It flew great. I bought one for my self.
The fuse is rock solid. I have had 2 flat foam models and 2 EPP models. The tail section flexed all over the place on all four of them. I picked up the Adrenaline and the tail section was rock solid. I was in shock. There was no flex. The carbon fiber really stiffens it up.

Dean
Old 08-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Crashis Clay

Here are some picks of an Adrenaline 3D from a proud owner in ND
Old 08-26-2004, 06:02 AM
bob_nj

Default Adrenaline 3D

Do you know the weight of the plane in the picture, and what would the "lght" version weigh compared to it?

Are you using any reinforcements anywhere?
Old 08-27-2004, 10:48 AM
rcflyer48
My Feedback: (1)

Abell came to our Rocky Mountain Big Bird Festival in northern colorado last weekend. (108 pilots from 15 states and 3000+ spectators). They demonstrated the Adrenaline 3D for us. I fly pattern and IMAC at lower levels and I was very very impressed. I got to fly both John's and Clay's machines on the weekend and bought the full package for myself... along with about 15 other club members that I pulled over to their transmitter. I found that the tail was solid enough to actually do precision maneuvers. Another member had an Ikarus shock flyer and you could actually see the tail flex all over the place during elevator pulls. The Adrenaline flew better in light wind and had plenty of power and was amazingly durable (Ask Chip Hyde....) They were extremely gracious with everyone who wanted to try their planes and very patient explaining all aspects of their design and experience with what they learned from their previous designs. Overall about 30-40 pilots bought their foam kit alone and about 15 of us cleaned them out of servos and everything else for a full package. The carbon fiber really stiffens up the airframe and makes it very predictable and precise... not a common description for foamies. The Adrenaline seems to be more of an outdoor plane than the others but that is exactly what I wanted. I live in Colorado where trees are optional... Pete Rosas from Council Bluffs Iowa flew John's Adrenaline in our noon Airshow sunday and did a beautiful rolling circle with it. (He said he owns a shock flyer and it will not do the rolling circle with any definition) The 85% control deflection is really cool. I am waiting on my motor to get started on mine.

Neil
Old 08-27-2004, 10:57 AM
bob_nj

Default Adrenaline 3D

Like I stated, I have both a full and "light" version on the way. Are there any flight reports on the Adrenalin "light"?
Old 09-03-2004, 08:34 AM
EROLLER

Hi Guys
Just thought I would put in my three cents worth. I have been flying my adrenaline since the beginning of summer. Let me tell you this is not your usual foamy!!!!!!! It is tough yet flys like a little ballerina and will do any of the 3d maneuvers you are capable of doing. For learning 3d this is the plane for you. It is so durable and repairable. I seen Clay dork it in from 25 feet wide open into the pavement straight in and in less than five minutes it was flying again... Broken prop busted elevator and cracked front of wings. A little foam zap and kicker a prop and wala. When I seen this I was sold. I have been helping sell these little treasures and let me tell you we have been having a BALL with them.Imagine five buddies hovering in close touching wings shredding tails and wings (Thanks Troy) and then going out to retrieve your carnage you'd hear guy on the field let's get him. Not really. But there would be 3 or 4 hovering over you in an instant. I know I Have'nt had this much fun with this hobby ever. But do carry glue, kicker and a prop. I still can't believe how tough and repairable these planes are!! Abell Hobbies will be in Las Vagas in October at Hobby Visions and they will be demoing them there. This is a got to have item. Just can't say enough about the plane or the guys at Abell Hobbies! Thanks John and Clay for every thing You Know What I Mean
Just thought I would put in my three cents worth. I have been flying my adrenaline sinse the beginning of summer. Let me tell you this is not your usual foamy!!!!!!! It is tough yet flys like a little balerena and will do any of the 3d manuvers you are capable of doing. For learning 3d this is the plane for you. It is so durable and repairable. I seen Clay dork it in from 25 feet wide open into the pavement straight in and in less than five minniuts it was flying again... Broken prop bustted elevator and cracked front of wings. A little foam zap and kicker a prop and wala. When I seen this I was sold. I have been helping sell these little treasures and let me tell you we have been haveing a BALL with them.Imagine five buddies hovering in close touching wings shredding tails and wings (Thanks Troy) and then going out to retreve your carnage you'd hear guy on the field let's get him. Not realy. But there would be 3 or 4 hovering over you in an instant. I know I Have'nt had this much fun with this hobby ever. But do cary glue, kicker and a prop. I still can't belive how tough and repairable these planes are!! Abell Hobbies will be in Las Vagas in October at Hobby Visions and they will be demoing them there. This is a got to have item. Just can't say enough about the plane or the guys at Abell Hobbies! Thanks John and Clay for every thing You Know What I Mean
Old 09-08-2004, 01:09 PM
Crashis Clay

The Adrenaline in action[img][/img]

[img]local://upfiles/80522/Bz76802.jpg[/img]
Old 10-01-2004, 07:43 AM
bob_nj

Default Servos___Adrenaline 3D

For those of you that have finished an Adrenaline, what method did you use to mount the servos? The manual calls for clear silicone which will of course work, but how are they to remove and replace when necessary? Is there a reasonably lightweight alternative that anyone is using? Thanks and have a good weekend_bob
Old 10-01-2004, 04:40 PM
Crazy-Ace 316

I have decided against the Adrenaline as my first foamie aircraft and have gone with an E-Flite Tribute but I'm still willing to give advice and learn from this thread.

Bob, I am using double-sided tape to attach the servos on my Tribute. You can just peel the servos off if you wish to put them on another project and -although my Tribute is still in the building phase- I have had friends use this method with success. But be sure to use some of the higher quality tape. You don't want your servos falling off in mid-flight.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:41 PM
bob_nj

Default Adrenaline 3D

What is considered good quality tape, and why did you decide against the Adrenaline_bob
Old 10-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Crazy-Ace 316

I have decided to learn how to perform 3D maneuvers with the Tribute and then move up to a plane like the Adrenaline or something similar to it so that I'll have the skills to enjoy it. I'm not really denouncing it or against it.
I'm not sure of an example for some high quality double-sided tape because the kit that my Tribute came in supplied mine. If it has the term "industrial strength" or "permanent", then it'll probably do fine. If you don't like the tape idea, then you could go with some industrial strength Velcro with tape on both sides. I have no experience with the Velcro except for the piece on my PBF holding the battery pack on and it does exceptionally well. I found the Velcro at Office Depot. This will add a little more weight compared to the tape but not enough to notice a difference.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.