Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

TOC 30% FLAME YAK-build

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

TOC 30% FLAME YAK-build

Old 06-16-2005, 11:24 AM
blue ice
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TOC 30% FLAME YAK-build

www.toc1.com
Old 06-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Bryant330L
My Feedback: (126)

Old 06-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Banche

carbon fiber gear anyone?
Old 06-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Bryant330L

Nah, just too much money and chance of delamination to save a couple of oz... I would rather have aluminum honestly.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Banche

What the hell, I asked this question 15 posts back and no one was kind enough to answere but that didnt bother me but I want C/F GEAR they look better and are stronger and are lighter and only the H9-260 has sucky gear.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83675.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	285895  
Old 06-16-2005, 01:58 PM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Banche

What the hell, I asked this question 15 posts back and no one was kind enough to answere but that didnt bother me but I want C/F GEAR they look better and are stronger and are lighter and only the H9-260 has sucky gear.

Here you go Banche >

http://www.rcsupergear.com/

http://www.tntlandinggear.com/

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/LandingGear.htm

But like Bryant said the aluminum gears are stronger with maybe the exception of RC Super Gear though I have not used these as of yet.

HTH
Old 06-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Banche

Hey thanks a bunch for taking the time to give me all that!
Old 06-16-2005, 05:00 PM
wolfcbr2003
My Feedback: (18)

I hate to play sides here all, but I have found that TOC will not return phone calls. I have called them two times and they have yet to return it mine. Customer service really comes to mind. Anytime I call Chris at EF he always returns my calls and Wayne at QQ also always returns my calls, Rocco at Aeroworks also returns calls, Mike and Kirk at Fromeco returns calls, I think you guys get the point. We have all read the other threads about the yak issues and others countries not doing the ethical thing. I do find that the TOC yak is a little overpriced for what you get when you compare other yak's with what they supply, (tail wheel, carbon fiber tubes, carbon fiber horns... ETC..

Just my humble opinion

Marcus
Old 06-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Banche

I think that that is a real good statement!!!!

I have looked alot at other planes and this plane with all this aluminum stuff is kinda overpriced.

It does have a sick cover scheme but does orocover suck?

Have the planes shiped yet or when will they ship. I want to know if I can go back on my order if I see a better plane! or if EF FINALLY GIVES LIKE A DATE OR SOMTHING ABOUT THEIR 50CCR.

When is aeroworks coming out with those new planes. I want one!!!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Bryant330L

Banche, TOC has the 50cc yaks in stock. Mine has shipped and should be here mid week.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Banche

Yah I preordered mine too and It should have shiped as soon as they got them so we may get ours around the same time!!!!!!

I really cant wait. I dont like the silver or grey color scheme on the bottom that much, I want to remove it and but on ttransparent purple with white stripes or red with purple or somthing like that.

I wonder how you could do it around those yellow flames though and not make it look shoddy.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Banche

stomper, I did look for gear for the yak on all those sites but they didnt have the TOC company listed so I dont know what kinda landing gear to got for the plane.

However, last week I was flying my underpowered by a saito 100 funtana 90 for a friend and hovering it too low. It was a very windy day and right when the tail touched the ground a gust of wind pushed the plane on its side. I went to full power and tried to keep the nose pointed strait up while using the rudder and elevator and ailerons all together and it wobbled back and forth for like 10secconds, man I was out of controle, anyways the plane kinda fell on its back and then I rolled and tried to correct with rudder but the rudder doesnt have that much authority so the plane just stalled like 6 feet in the air and fell right smack on the gear for a really hard 3 point landing!!!!!

the engine even stayed running but my mains are bent like crazy and I am not gonna bend them back and have a big crack in the paint and my whole tail weel assembly is busted again so I am gonna go to work on it and fix it up and sell the thing. Absolutely no damage too it other than the landing gear. People said that the plane had week landing gear blocks but mine stayed perfect, I kinda did reinforce it with the fuel tank mount but all will be good. I cant see myself flying that plane with the yak!!!!!

So I went and purchased some new CF gear from rcsupergear thanks to you!!!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 06:27 AM
stomper

stomper, I did look for gear for the yak on all those sites but they didnt have the TOC company listed so I dont know what kinda landing gear to got for the plane.
However, last week I was flying my underpowered by a saito 100 funtana 90 for a friend and hovering it too low. It was a very windy day and right when the tail touched the ground a gust of wind pushed the plane on its side. I went to full power and tried to keep the nose pointed strait up while using the rudder and elevator and ailerons all together and it wobbled back and forth for like 10secconds, man I was out of controle, anyways the plane kinda fell on its back and then I rolled and tried to correct with rudder but the rudder doesnt have that much authority so the plane just stalled like 6 feet in the air and fell right smack on the gear for a really hard 3 point landing!!!!!

the engine even stayed running but my mains are bent like crazy and I am not gonna bend them back and have a big crack in the paint and my whole tail weel assembly is busted again so I am gonna go to work on it and fix it up and sell the thing. Absolutely no damage too it other than the landing gear. People said that the plane had week landing gear blocks but mine stayed perfect, I kinda did reinforce it with the fuel tank mount but all will be good. I cant see myself flying that plane with the yak!!!!!

So I went and purchased some new CF gear from rcsupergear thanks to you!!!!!
You have to take your gears measurements and match them up to what they have made up or your can ask them to make a custom gear for you which I have had to do a few times.

When you receive your new RC Super Gear, let us now how you like it.
I have been looking at the TOC 35% Yak so I would love to hear what you think of yours when you get it in.
Good luck!
Old 06-21-2005, 05:46 PM
Banche

That looks like an awsome plane too. I am only 15 and dont really have the money to buy a DA 100 and things like that but if I did I think that I would get that plane.

The Mods from flying cirkus loved the 35% yak and there was alot of attention given too it and its build but I will wait and see how my plane looks.

It should be hear tomorow, which is wensday, I think
Old 06-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Banche

Here is a quote from a guy that purchased the plane. It is from The Cirkus.

Here is the first of many pictures of the TOC 35% Yak that I built for Tailchaser. The first thing we did was put it together to see how everything fit, it was awesome. We both noticed that the wings, elevator stab, and cowl were light and fit perfect. This ARF was shipped in a large crate and each piece was packed safely with no damage. We could tell as soon as we had all the parts out of the crate and put together it was going to be easy and fun to build. I'll post more pictures soon.

He went on to say it was like Perfect!!!!!!!!

So get it---------Here is the link to the forum but keep in mind now they have Flame colored 35%ers--- even better!!!!

http://www.flyingcirkus.com/forum/m_..._3/key_/tm.htm

I have a couple of questions on mine. Does anybody have any experience with grapftec tailweels? in the pic below this setup for the 22lb tailweel from them kicks ***** but does it come with those springs and do you have to do anything other than screw it on there, what els do you have to purchase or does it come with everything in the picture????

Where can you get 3W fuel tanks, Theres a pic below and it is a real clean setup and I want a tank like that!!

Here are some more pics, mostly 35%

Name:	Eb86657.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	288013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54271.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	288014   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ou49842.jpg
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	288015   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk21873.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	288016   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sd45283.jpg
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	288017  
Old 06-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Banche

Heres a pic of the 3W tank, where can I get one?

And how do you leave a murky see through paint like the gey did with his canopy with the silver yak?

I want to paint the inside of the canopy and dont know where to start???

Name:	Us53190.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	288018   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50993.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	288019   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kq35611.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	288020  
Old 06-22-2005, 06:37 AM
stomper

Here is a quote from a guy that purchased the plane. It is from The Cirkus.

Here is the first of many pictures of the TOC 35% Yak that I built for Tailchaser. The first thing we did was put it together to see how everything fit, it was awesome. We both noticed that the wings, elevator stab, and cowl were light and fit perfect. This ARF was shipped in a large crate and each piece was packed safely with no damage. We could tell as soon as we had all the parts out of the crate and put together it was going to be easy and fun to build. I'll post more pictures soon.

He went on to say it was like Perfect!!!!!!!!

So get it---------Here is the link to the forum but keep in mind now they have Flame colored 35%ers--- even better!!!!

http://www.flyingcirkus.com/forum/m_..._3/key_/tm.htm

I have a couple of questions on mine. Does anybody have any experience with grapftec tailweels? in the pic below this setup for the 22lb tailweel from them kicks ***** but does it come with those springs and do you have to do anything other than screw it on there, what els do you have to purchase or does it come with everything in the picture????

Where can you get 3W fuel tanks, Theres a pic below and it is a real clean setup and I want a tank like that!!

Here are some more pics, mostly 35%

Yeah thats the one I'm looking at.

Look here for that fuel tank and tail wheel. > http://www.aircraftinternational.com/
Go to Accessories, it is mid way down the page.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Bryant330L

Mine arrived today and it looks very very good. I am impressed. Hope to start on it tonight and my goal is to have it in the air this weekend.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:47 PM
stomper

If you can.....post some pictures.....Please.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Slyder

Yea. Pics of all the install and goodies. What you use and what you replace.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:46 PM
pinto

Banchee the tail wheel comes with everything you need, you can buy it from Chief Aircraft
Old 06-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Banche

Mine arrived Wensday too!!!!!!!!!

Everything was top Notch and built Perfectly. There is nothing broke anywhere and I can not see how the plane could be built more perfectly. The fuse is very light and everything seems very strong and rigid too me.

The rudder and elevator surfaces are all sheeted and the front part of the wing is sheeted too. All the controles are prehinged with alot of hinges and I think it will be a sinch to glue on.

I am going to replace the tail weel and fuel tank. The tank is no bigger than the one on my Funtana 90 so I may get a little bigger one from 3W even though gas engines dont burn gas very fast. My Mvvs will need it. I also want to get a canister muffler for the Mvvs and put smoke on it but I dont know where too look or start. I need help on that.

Everything will be easy to mount inside the Fuse because there is soo much room and there are places for velcro raps and things to tie town the fuel tank!

I hate it that I dont have a digital camera but I will be getting one soon. and poost so many pictures you will be sick of them!!!!

Get this plane Stomper!!!! its awsome!!
Old 06-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Bryant330L

Finished mine up and flew it today. It flew pretty nice. I need some time to get used to it, but I think it is going to be a good flying plane. I had Hitec 5945s in it, but 2 of them were acting funny so I took all of the aileron and elevator servos out and replaced them with some reliable JR high torque servos. I am going to send the 5945s in. I used all the stock hardware, it is all good stuff. The spinner is really nice too. This plane came out heavier than I hoped at 17 lbs. I could knock weight off that if I removed my pilot and used Lions instead of my Nimh batteries, but I have already dumped a bunch of cash in it, and I am not spending more. Took me a while to cut all the graphics for it, but it turned out well. Here are some pictures.

Name:	Ig12373.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	289784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84792.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	289785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99901.jpg
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	289786   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sl27420.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	289787  
Old 06-26-2005, 01:43 AM
Vic3D
My Feedback: (19)

That is one sweet looking machine! Mine comes thursday, cant wait!
Old 06-26-2005, 06:46 AM
Slyder

Looks great. Get some more flights on it and tell me what you think.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.