Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Mar Rationalization of Breaking Rules

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Mar Rationalization of Breaking Rules

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 10:02 PM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who would have imagined Propworm would be the voice of reason on one of Franklin's over-the-top diatribes. I knew Franklin wouldn't resist a paperwork snafu in Canada to drag AMA into it. As a bonus he'll now be trolling MAAC in Canada. What Franklin is most excited about is the thought of RC flyers getting grounded. "Franklin will be pleased as punch:"

"You bet I am"

Old 12-22-2022, 04:43 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Before slinging snot try reading for a change. I didn't give AMA credit. It wouldn't matter who's running it, RC flying is a safe hobby, especially at dedicated fields.

"Only a moron would claim RC flying at a dedicated field was "unsafe" in the context of any other outdoor activity. Want zero risk? Stay in bed."
Based on your other bloviations, it was clearly inferred. Didn't have to say it....

Astro
Old 12-22-2022, 05:00 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who would have imagined Propworm would be the voice of reason on one of Franklin's over-the-top diatribes. I knew Franklin wouldn't resist a paperwork snafu in Canada to drag AMA into it. As a bonus he'll now be trolling MAAC in Canada. What Franklin is most excited about is the thought of RC flyers getting grounded. "Franklin will be pleased as punch:"

"You bet I am"
In a blatant example of "Rules for thee, not for me," after accusing others of quoting out of context, he does it himself. Here's what I actually said:
Originally Posted by franklin_m
You bet I am. It's called following the rules. It's not that difficult. Accurate official filings. Oh the horror! Oh the imposition! Oh the injustice of it all! Gimme a break. (emphasis added)
Am I delighted that an organization chose to follow the rules and do the right thing rather than obfuscate, ignore, or pretend issues don't exist by telling members to "fly as you always have?" You bet I am; it's called following the rules.
Old 12-22-2022, 02:07 PM
ECHO24

In a blatant example of "Rules for thee, not for me," after accusing others of quoting out of context, he does it himself. Here's what I actually said:Am I delighted that an organization chose to follow the rules and do the right thing rather than obfuscate, ignore, or pretend issues don't exist by telling members to "fly as you always have?" You bet I am; it's called following the rules.
Not. Here is the money quote: "The reason beggars belief, they have sanctioned flying sites within controlled airspace that have not done the paperwork and as such are non-compliant with NAV CANADA rules."

Franklin was pleased as punch, gleeful even, that because of an alleged paperwork mistake by MAAC Canadian RCers were grounded. No other way to spin it. Turns out there is more to the story, if Propworm is correct, but that didn't stop Franklin from launching into his paperwork crusade and dragging AMA into it, on the strength of a single article.

Note also who wrote it, Gary Mortimer, editor of sUAS News, another one who's no friend of the RC hobby. He's the guy who threatened AMA that droners would turn on them (with his help of course) if AMA quit promoting drones and FPV, to protect commercial operators getting a free hobby ride on 336. We all know how that turned out.

Last edited by ECHO24; 12-22-2022 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-22-2022, 07:08 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not. Here is the money quote: "The reason beggars belief, they have sanctioned flying sites within controlled airspace that have not done the paperwork and as such are non-compliant with NAV CANADA rules."

Franklin was pleased as punch, gleeful even, that because of an alleged paperwork mistake by MAAC Canadian RCers were grounded. No other way to spin it. Turns out there is more to the story, if Propworm is correct, but that didn't stop Franklin from launching into his paperwork crusade and dragging AMA into it, on the strength of a single article.

Note also who wrote it, Gary Mortimer, editor of sUAS News, another one who's no friend of the RC hobby. He's the guy who threatened AMA that droners would turn on them (with his help of course) if AMA quit promoting drones and FPV, to protect commercial operators getting a free hobby ride on 336. We all know how that turned out.
So what exactly is so darned difficult about following the rules? In the AMA's case, it has the added advantage of not having been tried yet. I mean AMA has yet to TELL its members, clearly and unambiguously, they do not have permission to exceed 400 AGL in class G. AMA obfuscates and gaslights, but the reality is there is no waiver yet. However they keep telling their members to "fly as they always have."
Old 12-24-2022, 08:08 PM
ECHO24

So what exactly is so darned difficult about following the rules? In the AMA's case, it has the added advantage of not having been tried yet. I mean AMA has yet to TELL its members, clearly and unambiguously, they do not have permission to exceed 400 AGL in class G. AMA obfuscates and gaslights, but the reality is there is no waiver yet. However they keep telling their members to "fly as they always have."
The only one doing the gaslighting is you. As you know the 400' rule is part of the FAA test all RCers are required by law to take and pass. There is no need for AMA to repeat it.

Your claim that "fly as you always have" means violating the rules is also a deliberate lie. As you are well aware that statement was in response to the final rule. i.e. fly as you always have under AMA guidelines until you hear otherwise. You are as dishonest as you are long-winded.
Old 12-24-2022, 08:12 PM
ECHO24

And what is AMA "Mar" Rationaliztion of Breaking Rules? Is "Mar" also the bottle talking?
Old 12-29-2022, 07:01 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

"You bet I am"
As a child did you also blame your parents for "hating you" after every spanking...?

Old 12-29-2022, 07:15 PM
combatpigg

[QUOTE=franklin_m;12755438]

FACT: For AMA members, that "programming" and/or "safety guidelines" that were approved by the FAA is the AMA Safety Handbook, in which it states:

"As an AMA Member I agree:

- I will avoid flying directly over unprotected people, moving vehicles, and occupied structures (note 1), and

- I will use an established safety line to separate all model aircraft operations from spectators and bystanders (note 1)"
/QUOTE]

I think the wording is anbiguous enough to give a violator some room to wriggle off the hook with a warning.
Instead of saying "I will AVOID flying directly over".......a strictly worded code would say, "I SHALL NEVER fly directly over....for ANY reason ....unless I can PROVE that it happened due to an equipment malfunction that was BEYOND MY CONTROL and not due to negligence...

Last edited by combatpigg; 12-29-2022 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:25 PM
combatpigg

It wouldn't matter who's running it, RC flying is a safe hobby, especially at dedicated fields.

"Only a moron would claim RC flying at a dedicated field was "unsafe" in the context of any other outdoor activity. Want zero risk? Stay in bed."
Too bad we don't have you to represent the AMA all by yourself and to tell those IGNORANT FAA DUDES WHO DONT REALIZE HOW SAFE OUR HOBBY REALLY IS TO JUST "ST*U"

Old 12-29-2022, 08:53 PM
ECHO24

Picture the chatter monkey boat guy on crack. That's the sorry troll here.

Last edited by ECHO24; 12-30-2022 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-29-2022, 09:01 PM
ECHO24

"I fixed it for ya" is the lamest of lame trolls only rank bottom dweller trolls use nowadays. Five years too late. Back then he would have been a fabulous "dude" online.
Old 12-29-2022, 09:22 PM
ECHO24

"I will AVOID flying directly over"

Who's going to prove someone flew "over" that dot of a human. Nobody. This clown needs a good hosing down with bleach.
Old 12-29-2022, 09:50 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Picture the chatter monkey boat guy on crack clinging to the shrunken ballsack of John Cena. That's the sorry troll here.
Never going to happen. When you consider that, due to where I work, it's a felony to even use marijuana, do you really think I'd be so stupid as to start using crack cocaine? You really are reaching for anything to piss me off, aren't you? After just watching Washington defeating Texas by 7 points in the Alamo Bowl, it's just not going to happen. You want to piss me off, try building a NAMBA legal scale hydroplane, from plans, and show you can be competitive with it in NAMBA sanctioned competition. I don't think you can. You prefer to run someone that can down rather than show you can't on the water

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 12-29-2022 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-29-2022, 09:50 PM
ECHO24

One thing these would-be pro trollsters never take into account is no matter how clever they are, if they are wrong, dirty, lying, etc., it's only a matter of time before they are taken out. This "dude" wherever he came from obviously fowled the nest where he was at previously or he wouldn't be here. Those posts might not be enough but at some point it will take and he'll move on to his next play pen.

Last edited by ECHO24; 12-30-2022 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Never give a troll an inch
Old 12-29-2022, 10:11 PM
combatpigg

Picture the chatter monkey boat guy on crack clinging to the shrunken ballsack of John Cena. That's the sorry troll here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHO24 View Post
It wouldn't matter who's running it, RC flying is a safe hobby, especially at dedicated fields.

Too bad we don't have you to represent the AMA all by yourself and to tell those IGNORANT FAA DUDES WHO DONT REALIZE HOW SAFE OUR HOBBY REALLY IS TO JUST "ST*U"

Old 12-29-2022, 10:11 PM
Hydro Junkie

One thing these would-be pro trollsters never take into account is no matter how clever they are, if they are wrong, dirty, lying, etc., it's only a matter of time before they are taken out. This "dude" wherever he came from obviously fowled the nest where he was at previously or he wouldn't be here. Those posts might not be enough to clip his balls but at some point it will take and he'll move on to his next play pen.
That will only happen at RCG. You're not going to get any of us banned in this forum because this forum isn't being run by an AMA acolyte like RCG. One of the other forums I have a membership in would have already banned you due to your conduct, something that I haven't had to worry about in the 18 years I've been a member

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 12-29-2022 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:14 PM
combatpigg

"I fixed it for ya" is the lamest of lame trolls only rank bottom dweller trolls use nowadays. Five years too late. Back then he would have been a fabulous "dude" online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHO24View Post

Old 12-29-2022, 10:18 PM
combatpigg

One thing these would-be pro trollsters never take into account is no matter how clever they are, if they are wrong, dirty, lying, etc., it's only a matter of time before they are taken out. This "dude" wherever he came from obviously fowled the nest where he was at previously or he wouldn't be here. Those posts might not be enough to clip his balls but at some point it will take and he'll move on to his next play pen.

Too bad we don't have you to represent the AMA all by yourself and to tell those IGNORANT FAA DUDES WHO DONT REALIZE HOW SAFE OUR HOBBY REALLY IS TO JUST "SHUT*UP"

Last edited by combatpigg; 12-29-2022 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:27 PM
combatpigg

^^^This post was submitted by the guy who spends half his time complaining about "trolls"...^^^^

Old 12-29-2022, 10:48 PM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
That will only happen at RCG. You're not going to get any of us banned in this form because this forum isn't being run by an AMA acolyte like RCG. One of the other forums I have a membership in would have already banned you due to your conduct, something that I haven't had to worry about in the 18 years I've been a member
Nobody's getting banned. The would-be trollster is going to fry in his own pan.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:55 PM
Hydro Junkie

Nobody's getting banned. The would-be trollster is going to fry in his own pan.
And that would be you or Speed, not any of the rest of us
Old 12-30-2022, 07:00 AM
ECHO24

And that would be you or Speed, not any of the rest of us
And you and your new fast friend having a laugh over a Gif simulating my death, is that allowed on your square dance forum?
Old 12-30-2022, 01:54 PM
Hydro Junkie

And you and your new fast friend having a laugh over a Gif simulating my death, is that allowed on your square dance forum?
And what GIF would that be? I just went back through this thread and saw nothing that could be viewed as "simulating my death". As far as what's allowed on "my square dance forum", there isn't one. There are websites operated by various festivals, clubs, councils and states but no actual forum.
For the record, I don't advocate conduct that could lead to harming someone. I also don't hold a grudge against anyone for what they post in the forums. While I may not agree with or condone what they post, with a very few exceptions do I hold a grudge against them. If it's taken off the web, however, as happened to me in a different forum several years ago, it's a whole different story.
Old 12-30-2022, 02:12 PM
combatpigg

And what GIF would that be? I just went back through this thread and saw nothing that could be viewed as "simulating my death". As far as what's allowed on "my square dance forum", there isn't one. There are websites operated by various festivals, clubs, councils and states but no actual forum.
For the record, I don't advocate conduct that could lead to harming someone. I also don't hold a grudge against anyone for what they post in the forums. While I may not agree with or condone what they post, with a very few exceptions do I hold a grudge against them. If it's taken off the web, however, as happened to me in a different forum several years ago, it's a whole different story.
Hey Man...the FBI just showed up at my door and they showed me the "head explosion" GIF......then we all busted out laughing ......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.