Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Kangke Waco Biplane

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Kangke Waco Biplane

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Birddog-RCU
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kangke Waco Biplane

Can't wait to see the pictures! I really wish I had gone with the Brison 2.4

I had incidence issues as well and found adding just a little more down thrust on the engine did the trick.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:08 AM
BULL-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

Great weekend

Took my Waco to an AIRSHOW Fun fly. Got great reviews from everyone. Tons of coments on how it looked in the air and on the ground. Only negative I got was from one guy who didn't like that I put Closed canopy on mine. I wanted mine to look different, so I made some changes. When I get pics up I will post a few form the show. The plane is Great.

I still have an issue with it still wanting to climb. I'm going to shim the wing a little more and then next change the thrust on the motor.

I was real lucky Saturday. My landing gear bolts came loose. I thought I had locktighted them but they all had almost backed out. I got lucky and really made a smooth landing and I saw the gear Rock backwards. SHut it off and walked out to get the plane and one was missing and 3 were almost out of the plane... Lucky Lucky....
Old 08-11-2005, 08:48 PM
BULL-RCU

Ok so I'm up to 20 flights on my Waco... Just can't get enough... Changed the wing incidence... Helped with the climb... Need to take it a little more and it will be fine... The local hobby shop only sells Zinger props so I ordered a couple BME props can't wait for them the Zingers SUCK! Here are a few photos... Hope to get some video in the next couple weeks... Plane on adding a nose cone but waiting for the Props so it can be cut to match.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Iu60586.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	308960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13783.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	308961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu52606.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	308962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63798.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	308963  
Old 08-11-2005, 08:55 PM
BULL-RCU

Couple more pics... Just wanted to add... THANKS TOO ALL WHO SET UP AND TESTED THESE PLANES before me. With all your guys help and Ideas and questions answered it made my plane come out great and set up sooooo easy! I've had mine since last yr and just didn't have time to finish it.

Name:	Xv64258.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	308969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73805.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	308970  
Old 08-11-2005, 09:09 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Great looker! It's nice to see a cream one.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Birddog-RCU
My Feedback: (62)

Beautiful aircraft!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Hi Rich,

I haven't talked to you for a while. I'm recovering from shoulder surgery and just getting to the point where I can start flying again. I completed repairs on my Waco and with a little luck weatherwise I'll be able to fly the Waco for the second time. I hope this time I actually get to land it []

Switched my onboard glow driver so I can turn it on and off with a transmitter switch. I did the same thing on my Monocoupe and Steraman and it works great.

I leave it on all during take off and climb out as well as landing approaches. Nore more dropped cylinders!

Talk to you later

Bob Michaud "Meesh"
Old 08-12-2005, 09:39 AM
MarvinE255
My Feedback: (10)

I had the same problem with the plane climbing and needing down elevator. I could not get enough negative incidence in the top wing to correct it. Finally put small balsa squares on the rear upper wing mounts with ca and drilled them. They were about 3/16 thick. This gave me 1 degree of neg upper wing incidence with the lower wing at 0. I now have a neutral elevator.and no climb. Plane flies great. Doc
Old 08-14-2005, 07:15 PM
BULL-RCU

OK guys save me the greif... I'm feeling lazy... Want to order my SMOKE system tomorrow ... B & B SMoke. Case on my Brison 2.4 is already taped so it's an easy set up... What sz tank fit under the fuel tank? What did you guys use? Thanks

Couple pics from the field today...

Name:	Mk25159.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	310109   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73966.jpg
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	310110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69801.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	310111  
Old 09-12-2005, 10:03 AM
BULL-RCU

Got my B&B smoke system installed. Talk about an easy system to install and operate. Only caution I would have is make sure you zip tie all the lines. I had one come off and I got lucky because the smoke tank was almost empty so not much fluid got inside the plane. My Waco looks great with the smoke pouring out of it. Though thought my Brison 2.4 was taped because thats how they advertise it, but it was not so I had to tap it. NOt too difficult. Vidio will be coming soon.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:53 AM
kev71h

Subscribe.

Oh my gosh. I'm so into this airplane. I swear I have A.D.D. Hobby issues!!! I would love to get one of these. The "cream" color seems to be a better choice as goes the common red/silver. At least someone can make their own graphics on top of those.

SO...if they can make a "cream colored one" whats stopping them from making a yellow or white one??? Is it worth calling the company? What are your thoughts anyone?

A choice of color other than RED or Beige would make me buy one ASAP. Whats the best motor combo for great virtical? Brison?

Kevin

OH.... does anyone have any VIDEOS of this sexy beast flying????? Do tell.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:03 AM
BULL-RCU

Kevin

I don't think there are very many of the Beige ones out there either. I found one, but I don't think they are producing them anymore. For vertical I would go with the zdz not the brison. I love my Brison 2.4 which is in the plane, but the zdz is lighter and a little more power. I went with the Brison because of reliability and ease of use.

I painted the beige one with latex house paint and it has worked great. Everyone who has seen mine loves the color scheme. I'm very happy with the way this one came out and I love the plane. I fly mine more scale then most. I have Wildhare Ultimate I'm building for aerobatics, not that this one won't do them because it will perform very well. I've seen one guy flip and flop his red plane all over the sky!

No matter what the color you will enjoy this plane!

I should have some video in the next couple weeks. A friend of mine took some while I was flying and is making me a video.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:53 PM
kev71h

STILL wanting to see some kind of video of this angel.

Kevin
Old 10-26-2005, 11:08 AM
mga

I am looking to buy the Waco from Kangke, what I would like to know is the fit of my FPE 40cc or 2.4 in the Cowling of the Waco. I have it right now in the Great Planes Super Stearman, which has over 200 flights on it. It is really a beautiful flyer. I love the look of the Waco, and I have a feeling it might be a bit lighter than the Stearman. My Stearman weighs in at fifteen and a half pounds.
If someone has pics of a gas installation in the Waco, that would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Name:	Hf98945.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	344328   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96220.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	344329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71994.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	344330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13167.jpg
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	344331  
Old 11-03-2005, 03:48 PM
BULL-RCU

ORIGINAL: kev71h

STILL wanting to see some kind of video of this angel.

Kevin

The Friend of mine who shot the video has been busy and not been able to get it to me.

As far as the 40cc fp should fit fine. I have a Brison 40cc and works great.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:42 PM
bluehawkbm

Bull-RCU

I just purchased the Kangke Waco with a Brison 2.4. Im glad to here that you like the combo so well. Just wondering where you mounted your servos for the elevators and any other tips that you might give me like servo suggestions. I dont really want digital servos.

BluehawkBM
Old 11-04-2005, 09:44 PM
bluehawkbm

BULL-RCU

I forgot to mention please post a video of you bird in flight as soon as you can.

BluehawkBM
Old 11-04-2005, 10:42 PM
BULL-RCU

ORIGINAL: bluehawkbm

Bull-RCU

I just purchased the Kangke Waco with a Brison 2.4. Im glad to here that you like the combo so well. Just wondering where you mounted your servos for the elevators and any other tips that you might give me like servo suggestions. I dont really want digital servos.

BluehawkBM

I mounted the elevator servos in the tail. No weight was needed in the nose though I did mount one of the Batteries behind where where the pull / pull servo is mounted. I have smoke pump mounted in the front too so it added a little weight. If you decide to add smoke I used the B&B smoke pump and it works GREAT. I also used B&B landing gear braces which I recomend for this plane. A friend of mine took the video and is editing it so waiting for him but he has been real busy! I'll get it here as soon as I get it. Forgot to add... I used Hitec 475's in the alerons.... I did use digital in the Rudder and Elivator but I don't think you have to unless you plan to do percision flying. I would get a pretty high torque for the Rudder. I was at a show with a guy who flew the hell out of the plane with all kinds of crazy manouvers... All I had to do was some great big loops ... low passes inverted or right side up with tons of smoke and people were telling how awsome it looked. Sometimes scale flying with smoke just has a graceful look that turns on crowds...
Old 11-10-2005, 10:18 PM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK fellas-- say you just bought a NIB Waco and the only engine you have laying around is a Taurus 3.2---?????[:-]

I know that the engine of choice is a Brison 2.4, but is it really too small for a 3.2 (I really hate the thought of buying another engine)
Old 11-11-2005, 07:31 AM
sbaugz
My Feedback: (37)

I wouldn't necessarily say the brison is THE engine of choice. I used to own a kangke waco (before I sold it), with a ZDZ40 in it, and that combo was perfect too. There is plenty of room in the cowl to fit a larger engine, such as the Taurus, but to get a better answer, I would call the nice people at kangke and they would be happy to talk with you on the phone regarding recommendations. They helped me out, and were happy to talk with me.
She was a beautiful plane, and I kinda regret selling it - especially while I follow this thread along. My main reason for selling was that it just took too long to assemble and dissassemble at the field. When you only have a few hours in the evening to fly, every minute counts. Oh well. I am happy with my wild hare extra that I got in its place.

Old 11-11-2005, 08:01 PM
AJF--2

Where did you get the graphics? VERY NICE!!!

PS-- I got a message today from Ray that the Taurus is toon much. OS 300 twin?????? hummmm
Old 11-11-2005, 09:09 PM
sbaugz
My Feedback: (37)

Check page 6 of this thread for details on the decals. Dick Tristao from Modelgrafix sold me the Jimmy Franklin decals for $69, i believe. His e-mail is [email protected]
In case you are not familiar, Jimmy Franklin flew the waco in airshows. He had a turbine engine strapped to the bottom of his plane and did wingwalking and such. He recently died in a plane crash.

I originally was going to put a saito 300 twin in mine. The engine fit fine, but I changed my mind and used the saito for something else. The reason I mention this, is to tell you that the OS twin should also work fine. You may have to split the cowling to get it mounted over the cylinder heads. For mine, I was going to split it in two pieces, and then glue a piece of ply behind one of the halves. Then you can reassemble cowl over the engine and place screws through the cowl halves.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:51 PM
AJF--2

I am very familiar with Dick (check my ratings and you will see more than one "good" rating from Dick)

The reason I got the plane is because I have always been a fan of Jimmy and Kyle. I still say NOBODY has more guts than Kyle Franklin. I saw Kyle fly his fathers Waco a few years ago at a "pre-show airshow" in Winston Salem, NC.

I was also a big fan of Bobby Younkin. I saw him for the first time in April of this year in Willmington, NC when he flew the Sampson and Lear Jet. I was very distressed when I heard the news.

I had the chance to talk to Jimmy and get his autograph last year and decided to beat the traffic instead. That was one of my "poor decisions" I wish I had back.

Thanks for the information.
AJF
Old 11-17-2005, 06:07 PM
kev71h

OK fellas................any video(s)>>>>???????[]
Old 11-22-2005, 03:56 PM
mga

I just got my Waco kit by Kangke and it is beautiful. I am in the process of finding all the holes for the screws in the wing. By the way, did all of you who build this ARF glue the wing halves, it is a shame, that it has to be glued. Which glue did you use, just CA or 30 minute epoxy.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.