Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

AK-Models GOOD? BAD? UGLY?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

AK-Models GOOD? BAD? UGLY?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 04:16 PM
TERRAVITA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AK-Models GOOD? BAD? UGLY?

Alex,

See you are online viewing. The gents from from AZ will rest per russm's request and return tomorrow!
Old 12-10-2006, 05:30 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: TERRAVITA

Alex,

See you are online viewing. The gents from from AZ will rest per russm's request and return tomorrow!
Why not just go away. You have already destroyed any shred of credibility you may have had to begin with.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:06 PM
TERRAVITA

TLH101

4045 posts and you are telling me I should go away? Most of your flatulence must be between you ears!
Old 12-10-2006, 08:37 PM
bassfisher
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TO: RC Dave and Terravita

As one of you stated, Alex opened this thread to request comments, it looks like the two of you are trying to write a book. Just curious, are you two one and the same, with just different web names? I'm sure that Alex has gotten your point, I know that I have, as have everyone else that is reading this thread. I'm sorry that your engines are not what they are supposed to be, but give the rest of us a break. As for "skipping the gents from az posts if you want to take a rest" - Why don't you just PM Alex and leave the rest of us alone with your cry baby attitudes.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:10 PM
bs4219rc

Hello, my name is Brian. I ordered the cmp p-40 from your company and the service was great!
Old 12-10-2006, 10:23 PM
monstertruckman
My Feedback: (39)

I ordered a CMP Christen Eagle from Alex a while back on the phone and had it in 2 days
No problems with the kit and his shipping is up there with towers
Old 12-11-2006, 03:02 AM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

I have nothing good to say about any CMP models. There quality, is far behind the better known name brands. JMO from my personal experience.[sm=thumbs_down.gif] I'd rather buy a Hanger 9, Sig, Goldberg and or a Great Planes. At least with them I get better hardware with the ARF that I can use. Plus I like to have Parts availale if I need it. The directions are hard to understand. ( If you get the directions) The measurement of the wings, control surfaces and Flaps were off. Plus my directions didn't have a CG measurement.

And from what I've read in these Forums, the kits with the CG requirements... were way off. The DC on the Firewall was off and etc. etc. ect.

I will not waist another penny to anyone who sells CMP, and I will not endorse it here ever.

Peter Dowling aka Luftwaffe Oberst
AMA District II # 865404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY

Old 12-11-2006, 06:48 AM
ChickenStick Rick
My Feedback: (674)

I believe the post was asking how the service was from AK models. Not whether you liked what they sell. You may want to post this in the ARF forum under CMP quality.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:59 PM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

ORIGINAL: ChickenStick Rick

I believe the post was asking how the service was from AK models. Not whether you liked what they sell. You may want to post this in the ARF forum under CMP quality.

Maybe Not.

Peter Dowling aka Luftwaffe Oberst
AMA District II # 865404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY

Old 12-11-2006, 10:28 PM
lear31A
My Feedback: (123)

WOW, This thread has made be even dumber than I already was for having read it!
Old 12-12-2006, 10:48 PM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 12-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

I purchased the CMP spitfire 90 from you at the begining of the summer and got it promptly. All hardware looked good upon intial inspection, no crushed panels or tears in covering. However, once I started to put it together I noticed Imediately the all but one control surface was warped, I called and emailed with no response. So I decided to build anyway, then I noticed that one wingtip from the outer edge of the aileron to the leading edge was 1/4" shorter than the other. Once again , email, call, no response. So in the attempt to try and fix this myself and getting very leary about flying it , this is how it looks today. Trying to decide if its worth glassing and trying to even out all the warps and the shortened wingtip or just leave it as a reminder.

Shane
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85309.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	576236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12609.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	576237  
Old 12-13-2006, 12:02 AM
AK Models

Could you forward e-mails you sent?
We could not have not answered to e-mail about defects...

I also looked-up records to find your name, no Shanes purchased Spitfire from us, unless you used different name or different company to buy it from.
Let me know i will double check.

ORIGINAL: Pit-Viper 1

I purchased the CMP spitfire 90 from you at the begining of the summer and got it promptly. All hardware looked good upon intial inspection, no crushed panels or tears in covering. However, once I started to put it together I noticed Imediately the all but one control surface was warped, I called and emailed with no response. So I decided to build anyway, then I noticed that one wingtip from the outer edge of the aileron to the leading edge was 1/4" shorter than the other. Once again , email, call, no response. So in the attempt to try and fix this myself and getting very leary about flying it , this is how it looks today. Trying to decide if its worth glassing and trying to even out all the warps and the shortened wingtip or just leave it as a reminder.

Shane
Old 12-13-2006, 11:03 AM
telejojo

I bought a 120 size cmp P-47 monday and recieved on wed. great service and fast shipping.Will buy from again. Of course I haven't put together yet but from what I've seen there will be no problems.I thought they sent the wrong size though,on the box it said a 40 size but when I opened it was a 120.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:45 AM
miklos
My Feedback: (38)

Alex... I would like to purchase one of the 60 size "Marie" P-51's on your site, but am not sure how to go about geting the free shiping as advertised on your site. Will it show up as free shiping at checkout or do I have to enter some code.
Thanks.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:52 AM
AK Models

at check out choose FREE shipping, this is for glow powered models only.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:27 PM
miklos

Thanks Alex..... Just placed my order. Now we wait.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:14 PM
AK Models

Latest and final on the Arizona Gentlemen deal...
We have decided to loose the battle so that we can win the war.
Refund for the engine was sent.

AK-Models:
Hi Dave,
Module that is producing continues spark is not your module, it is from another engine - it is a bad module, module you sent me does not produce continues spark.

Anyhow, we have wasted allot of time on this already. And both of us probably think we are right...

See if we could come up to an agreement, I would give you full credit for the engines purchase price, but it would be in a form of store credit witch you can use on our products.
I understand it is not exactly what you wanted but it is better than go back and fight over it.
I will end-up selling this motor to a gentlemen that wants it for discounted price. You will end-up with something you hopefully like or want from our selection and perhaps we could start
on the good note once more.
I realize it it is frustrating for you as it is for me, but things like this happen and we just do not want to take it any further.

Let me know what you think about it.

Alex @ AKM

David Stapleton reply:
Hi Alex,
As I have previously stated, I think that it very sad the direction that this has gone. Why you have elected to treat two good customer as you have is a mystery to me. As hard as Fred and I worked to try to make your engines perform as promised and to be treated as we have is sad.
1. The engine has a two year written AKM warranty. ( I have the original copy)
2. It is well documented as to our efforts to make it run, including photographs.
3. Your e-mail instruction to send the engine back for a refund.
4. Your third party appraisal that backfired. I am in receipt of his response “ the modules are junk”.
5. You signed for it over three weeks ago and have yet to credit me?
I was in business for over 35 years and problems did arise. I solved problems every day, that’s a part of business. It is how you solve those problems as to the success of your business. You have tried every way possible to make this someone else’s problem and it is not. It is your problem and I am tired of trying to solve it. Either you are going to credit my account immediately, or you are not. If you chose the later I assure you it’s going to be a very bad business decision. First you are going to receive a small claims court action. I then plan to file a complaint with the credit card company and the Better Business Bureau. I am also going to open some new threads on at least a half a dozen RC sites to share my AKM experience. You called me a liar and I did not appreciate you child like words. If you think I am lying about what’s next you are in for a surprise.
This is my last effort with you !
Very Sincerely,
David Stapleton

Old 12-13-2006, 11:35 PM
jm_obrien
My Feedback: (6)

I know this isn't the place but PLEASE tell me where I can find spare parts for the CMP's like the Giles 202 140.

Jon
Old 12-14-2006, 12:47 AM
TERRAVITA

Alex,

Re: Refund

Thank you for your cooperation.

Fred
Old 12-14-2006, 07:43 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 12-19-2006, 05:34 AM
miklos

Alex.... just wanted to let you know. I received my order yesterday. Everything appeared to be in good condition and package was double boxed.
Looking forward to building and flying this beautiful bird.
Excellent service.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:59 AM
tomskk

Hello, my name is Melita and I would like to order three ARF models from you. I am interrested in CMPRO Extra 300S (90) and Flymodels Ultimate 40 and CMPRO Extra 330L 50-size, which is not on your web page, but CMPRO manufactures them.

Can you tell me if you have the last Extra (330L 50-size) and if it is possible to ship this 3 models to Europe (Slovenia).

Thanks,
Melita
Old 01-03-2007, 11:07 AM
drdenny
My Feedback: (1)

I also agree with you. I received my Super Chipmunk late last week and no problems. Thanks Alex for the quick email response and your shipping. I do have one question...Do you have any idea when the Giant Cessna will be back in stock? I would really like to purchase one of these from you, and thought that I read somewhere that there is some sort of a waiting list.

Thanks again,
Dennis R
drdenny
Old 01-04-2007, 05:53 PM
GotSky

ALEX
Could you please update me on my order placed on 12/15/06. Order # 1543... I have sent 4 e-mails asking for updates with no response. My concern is that there were 6 of my item in stock at the time of my order and now as of 2 days ago there are none. I placed 2 orders from you in 2 days The first one came right away but the second one never showed. Perhapse you will answer me here in this public forum since you won't answer my personal e-mails..... Could you please let me know what's going on or at least get back to me about the status. As of this time I can't see myself doing business with you again . This is my personal view from my own experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.