Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

NitroPlanes.com, Nonexistant Support

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

NitroPlanes.com, Nonexistant Support

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Trollmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NitroPlanes.com, Nonexistant Support

ORIGINAL: opjose
Trollmaster:
What did you purchase from them?
Have you purchased anything from them?
I know exactly where your going with this comment. The answer is No. They do not even come close to providing the size or quality of an Arf for me. So apparently I do not have the right to complain on an area I have not been stupid enough to get myself into? The writing is all over or in this case all over the "net" Has been for years.

Most of their planes (especially the P-38) looks like it was designed by a 1st grader, brought home and dad said "what is it?" Kid says "its a awpane daddy" Well lookie here, thats real nice son."

Now there may be many who's dealings wityh this company have been great but there are as many who have had nothing but trouble from day one. Customer service is a priority for me. if they don't have it, I don't buy it. When long time people here on the RCU comlpain about an item, I pay attention.

Take Dave Patrick. Darn nice planes but a lousy business setup. many got taken. Do what you want but i will continue to tell people to stay away. Nitroplanes made this bed a few years ago and they have to lay in it. Maybe they got their act together but i doubt it.

Look at this! Engine cowls that look like garbage cans.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70381.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	678851  
Old 05-06-2007, 09:49 PM
opjose

So you're effectively being true to your moniker.... ????

You haven't deal with them and what you are reporting is merely hearsay.

HMMM...

At the very least LDM has had dealings with them and can gripe for a reason.

BTW: You haven't actually seen the plane that you posted the picture off have you?

Most of our club members find that the pictures do not do the planes justice at all.

I've been treated very well, and I've been able to clue others into how to get their problems resolved as well with very quick response.

If you don't wish to purchase from them because you think you'll get great support service someplace else, great.

You very likely will, with a larger organization that can afford to charge more on the models to offset the required support staff. No wonder Tower, Horizon and others charge so much more for almost identical planes.

Then some people LIKE the inexpensive models and are willing to forgo support as an offset to the price as long as broken items, mis-shippments, etc. are resolved.

I'm up to 12 Nitroplanes planes under my belt.

I've had problems with broken parts on 2, 1 bad shipment, and 1 other plane where I had to go and get parts for it as I purchased it from someone else.

All of these things were graciously dealt with, and I even ended up with an extra plane to boot for my troubles.

This is a fairly good track record for me, and on 12+ transactions, this is not "luck" by any stretch of the imagination.

Some people account for good experience by calling it "luck". That is specious.

How you as a customer handles a problem often helps turn what may appear to be a bad situation into a good one, unless the company you are dealing with is simply intransigent.

I haven't seen the latter with NP, our club members haven't seen it too.

I do find plenty of complaints about Tower and Horizon as well, whom I've also have had great luck.
I told one person who was complaining about someone at Tower not helping them, to call back at a different time so as not to deal with the same A-hat. It worked for them.

Should we have to deal with this? No as a consumer we shouldn't... but it happens.

Likewise I've had screw-ups with NP, and they've fixed each one.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Trollmaster

Yeh and RCU is full of "hearsay" and photos clearly show.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:19 AM
opjose

Have you seen the plane?

If you wish to see what they look like take a gander at those photos posted by people who ACTUALLY have purchased the planes.

The web site photos are not indicative of the real things, which IMHO are far better.

---

But yes, RCU as a few people who do post based upon nothing but hearsay.

e.g. those who have had no experience, yet still badmouth, a vendor, or someone else for no real reason.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:58 PM
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the good fortune of being able to go to thier warehouse in person and buy stuff. True they do not want traffic, but I have known them for some time now. They do not have any customer service. They only have great prices. They move alot of merchandise and many types of merchandise. The RC product division is a small portion of what they sell.

You need help, come here, their instructions are wong anyway, but the products are awsome for the price.

Steve
Old 05-09-2007, 02:17 AM
sax2ter

Default RE: Stay Away From NitroPlanes.com, Nonexistant Support

In the matter of replacement parts for my Edge Fury 540T 50: Yet another week has passed and I have heard nothing form you or Nitroplanes. I tried calling again and it took me all morning to get someone there to pick up a phone. When they finally answered, once again I was informed that Nitroplanes couldn’t get spare parts for my Edge 540T 50, and that I am out of luck, end of story.

So which is it, Nitrostaff1? Can you get the parts for me, or not? And why did Nitroplanes send me an invoice indicating they were shipping me an entire new plane, followed by an email saying I wouldn’t be charged for it? What else could I do but assume that you were sending me a replacement plane as a peace offering because you found out that you couldn’t get my spare parts after all; and you were trying to make restitution for putting me through so much frustration and inconvenience.

When I asked the phone rep about the email invoice I was sent showing an entire new plane was being shipped to me, (not a canopy, and cowl, but an entire new plane), they informed me that Nitroplanes is not sending me another plane, a cowl, or a canopy… period. And no explanation was given as to why the invoice was sent. So why did Nitroplanes send me a shipping invoice for merchandise they do not intend to ship? This is more than a simple screw up. This was misleading, and a lousy thing to do to an already frustrated customer.

I still have the email invoice, dated 4-25, order number: 128379, indicating that a new plane is being sent. It says nothing about spare parts, such as a canopy or cowl on the invoice. And it is definitely not a copy of a past order. So what can you do to make this right?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:28 AM
opjose

Default RE: Stay Away From NitroPlanes.com, Nonexistant Support

This is not the right place to post this nor get this resolved.

You may want to try their support forum instead and also PM them directly from here.

The latter works quite well, and usually results in a response the same day.

BTW: Usually when I get a shipping invoice, for what appears to be something I previously purchased, it indicates that they have posted the replacement and it is already in transit.

Shortly thereafter the item appears at my front door.

Old 05-09-2007, 03:22 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

I was simply amused that the original poster had to scroll past the Nitro Models Support forum to post that they have nonexistant support.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:38 AM
sax2ter

I posted in several different forums hoping to get a response from Nitroplanes. The existance of a Nitroplanes support forum doesn't guarantee any actual support is taking place.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:06 PM
opjose

Guarantee?

No, certanly not, but most of the posts in the support forums have been answered and most of the problems posted there have been resolved.

The main exceptions are those that have not given their invoice numbers ( which NP seems to need to determine exactly what you purchased and when ) even after repeated requests to do so.

But this is a far cry from "non-existant".

Old 05-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Trollmaster

The Nitroplanes Support Forum is simply a publicity and advertising stunt to give us the impression they actually care. Sort of like a Step Parent.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:20 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: Trollmaster

The Nitroplanes Support Forum is simply a publicity and advertising stunt to give us the impression they actually care. Sort of like a Step Parent.
This from a guy who has yet to purchase anything from them?

C'mon.

You're keep saying this without any actual self admitted experience or knowledge of how they do anything.

---

Maybe you haven't even looked there yet.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Oosiksmith
My Feedback: (1)

I've read a lot of good and bad things about this company, and many others, in these forums. However, I can only comment based upon my experience with them.

I bought a plane from them; it showed up in less than a week. It came with a wrong flap. One email and three days later the replacement part showed up on my door. Then I noticed it was missing a manual. One email and a week later the manual showed up on my door. No fuss. No excuses. No problems. Their models are nice and the prices are reasonable for what they are. I'd buy from them again.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28456.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	681481  
Old 05-10-2007, 01:56 PM
2HI2C

I have never had a problem with them at all. I have 2 of there planes. No Problems.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:53 PM
JS615

I ordered their 60 size evergeen brand maria p51 mustang, about a year ago, got the plane within a week, it was packed well and had all the parts , no damage,,,,,,... The only problem was it was a sorry built pile of CRAP and i do mean CRAP, Out of all the arfs i have bought in the past two years,, it still stands as the worst one yet, and i have bought at least 25 from several differant companys. Nothing fit, just about everything was made wrong,,,,, had to be a friday afternoon plane, or something like that, i just dont know,,,
The plane is sitting in the corner of my garage unfinished still,,, and will soon be placed in the trash,,,,....some of their planes look very good on their web site,, and maybe one day i will give them a second chance ,,, maybe??????????????????
Old 05-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Trollmaster

ORIGINAL: opjose

ORIGINAL: Trollmaster

This from a guy who has yet to purchase anything from them?

You got that right!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Trollmaster

ORIGINAL: JS615

I ordered their 60 size evergeen brand maria p51 mustang, about a year ago, got the plane within a week, it was packed well and had all the parts , no damage,,,,,,... The only problem was it was a sorry built pile of CRAP and i do mean CRAP, Out of all the arfs i have bought in the past two years,, it still stands as the worst one yet, and i have bought at least 25 from several differant companys. Nothing fit, just about everything was made wrong,,,,, had to be a friday afternoon plane, or something like that, i just dont know,,,
The plane is sitting in the corner of my garage unfinished still,,, and will soon be placed in the trash,,,,....some of their planes look very good on their web site,, and maybe one day i will give them a second chance ,,, maybe??????????????????

Another satified customer! You see "OPJOSE," many people here innocently purchased planes from this company not knowing how they operate. Not really their fault but with all the negativity over the last few years, I would be a completely idiot to have any dealings with them at all.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:06 PM
sw1241
My Feedback: (1)

hmmm, they accepted my order, charged my credit card and emailed me a ups shipper tracking number, never shipped my plane, the ups shipper tracker never was reported to ups, a couple of days later after NUMEROUS emails to them, Numerous pm's to them and no answer to either, I had to post my problems on this forum and go on the offensive with them to find out they had shipped all their stock of the one i wanted, to new york or somewhere,they offered to ship me a smaller version of the one i wanted but as have no engines for that size, i turned down that idea, and asked once again for a refund, finaly they canceled my transaction w my credit card, and before anyone one says go to your card company, the card i was using is like a gift card, preloaded and you have no recourse w the company, once its charged its done and gone. bottom line would i use them again, only if i can go to the warehouse and do a willcall in cash only,and i called the customer service line, got an answer and was told to make the order and when i picked up my item, they would refund the shipping chgs, yea right!!! you have to put a credit card up to make the order!!!!! i will purchase for cash only and inspect the item at the counter before i pay, i will not give them a order to sit on w my money in their pocket and wait for them to getaround to doing something.As far as broken english and hard to understand, that does not bother me, I deal w that on a hourly basis at my job, that is a fact of life in Southern California, and I make a living comunicating with people that don't speak my language and i don't speak theirs, its a matter of listening and paying attention to what they are saying,some of my best work friends speak VERY broken english and we have a great time at work. They don't need a $70,000 dollar a year person for customer support, they need to treat their customers w respect, I respect the people that pay money to my company as they support my living, without them i have no paycheck, they respect me because they know that i do my damdest to take care of their needs, and i am good at my job because i make a real fair living and my employees get great commision checks, and my boss doen't want me going to another job, because my inventory controll is one of the tightest in our line and its all because of respect for the customers and the employees, my employees go out of their way to help their customers and they( the customers ) keep calling back for more
Old 05-10-2007, 06:51 PM
opjose

So now tell me Trollmaster, that you've never received a bad Hangar 9, Goldberg, Hobbico, Seagull or other manufacturer's plane or had problems with anyone.... and I'll believe that you are selling bridges too.

I've seen no better or worst from each of the manufacturers. They all screw up sooner or later.

How you ( as the consumer ) handle it also enters the picture.

He received one from NP that he felt was junk.

Guess what, so have I.

I e-mailed them about this, and they sent me a much better plane, no cost or shipping, and let me keep the old one to play with. I received the replacement exactly 4 days later.

Well GEEEEEE around here that qualifies as GOOD customer service.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Trollmaster

Why don't you go bother somebody else?, We have 2 guys here right now with bad deals you can irritate.

By the, I don't buy Goldberg and if I wanted Seagull, I'd might was well do Nitrplanes. Hobbico Parts have been fine, planes are all beginner level.

let me ask you something here genius. We have a slamdunk of a thread on the Rare Bear. I darn near had one of those on order a few years ago when they came out. Thanks God for this place or I would have been out at least a $1000. So they claim to have fixed it and at the same time come out with a military version. Sorry but not even interested.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:24 PM
IAMKAOS

one of my flying buddies bought a nitroplanes delta . the wings bolted to the fuse with nylon bolts from inside the fuse. one wing fit ok but the left wing panel was badly out of alignment. the wing root rib was way out of square and would not bolt up flush with the side of the fuse. he got no satisfaction from nitroplanes after contacting them several times. he just gave it away to someone who had the patience to repair it.
on the flipside another buddy of mine bought the nitroplanes zlin 50. very nice looking plane and a very good 3-d flyer. he can do some astounding 3-d flying with it. the only complaint he had was he was very disappointed in the covering .
i started to buy one of their arfs but i thought their shipping cost were high. $17.95 for standard shipping on a $79.00 plane. since then i have read and heard a lot of negative things about n.p. so i probably will never buy one.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:28 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The manufacturer has requested a PM from all involved so since this has gotten into a bash fest it is now locked