Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

UK GLOW PLUGS FOR GST 7.7?

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

UK GLOW PLUGS FOR GST 7.7?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 02:45 PM
robegee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK GLOW PLUGS FOR GST 7.7?

Can anyone tell me which type of Glow Plug i should use for my GST7.7 - i have burnt the original CEN Plug - after properly running it in.
It runs a dream and is very fast - ticks over great and will run a full tank without overheating or stalling - however i recently bought Model Technics F7 CHR HOT because i ran out of plugs and this is all that they had. This is the hottest plug Model Technics make and they burn out after one tank. it still runs great but sometimes stalls and takes forever to re-start - not sure if its getting too hot or if the plug is burning too much.

Does anyone know what type of heat rating the Cen Glow Plug is that was sent with the Truck - so i can get the equivalent in a Model Technics Firepower Plug - as these are readily available in my local shop and are cheap
Old 07-29-2007, 06:43 PM
burningpoo

Default RE: UK GLOW PLUGS FOR GST 7.7?

I just buy a #8 plug, don't know if that helps you
Old 07-30-2007, 04:11 AM
robegee

who's it made by?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:59 AM
Hawaii 5-0

I just did some reading on the firepower plugs and it appears that the F6 is the closest to the o.s. #8 plug that is referred to. Hope that helps.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:54 PM
burningpoo

The last set of plugs I bought where os #8's

my guestion is can I use the real macoy mc-8 1 1/2 volt glow plug? I bought them and didn't think...all I asked for is #8 and I haven't run them yet but wondered if anyone has used in the nx-76?
Old 08-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Scott_GTR

robegee,

As mentioned above, OS #8 works very well in the UK climate and lasts too. I have had the current one in there for 6 months +.

One tip though, DON'T EVER TRY MODEL TECHNIC's FUELS!!!!!!!

I first used Model Techincs when I first got my truck as that all my local shop, (in Essex), had at the time. I put 2 gallons in all through my truck, I could never get it tuned properly, the best I could get it to run was at a stupidly high temperature, (way way over the recommended), I broke a crank shaft, then a con rod, and got through glow plugs like there was no tomorrow, trying every type. It would start after 15 mins or after my brother had finished messing about and wanted to go home. [][] I got through 3 pull start mechs, and even killed a Rotostart. When it did get running I only had a minute or so until it over heated.

Basically it was a horrible time and I almost flogged the truck.

When I ran out of the Technic stuff, my local shop also was out so I though, oh well, this will be the last attempt, and bought Tornado.

WOW!!!! First time, and flew, when I checked the temp it was running really cold, so leaned it out and is slaughtered my bros tuned up Savage!!! [8D]

Basically the Technics crud doesn't have enough oil and so it'll run real hot 'til it breaks.

Since then I have never looked back and I love my truck . I starts on the 1st or 2nd pull and will run until out of fuel or I stop it.
I also tried Blue Thunder and that too is great.

Basically I am NO fan of Model Technics!!!

Happy Trucking.

PS, Its great to hear from someone else in the UK!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:23 PM
robegee

ORIGINAL: Scott_GTR

robegee,

As mentioned above, OS #8 works very well in the UK climate and lasts too. I have had the current one in there for 6 months +.

One tip though, DON'T EVER TRY MODEL TECHNIC's FUELS!!!!!!!

I first used Model Techincs when I first got my truck as that all my local shop, (in Essex), had at the time. I put 2 gallons in all through my truck, I could never get it tuned properly, the best I could get it to run was at a stupidly high temperature, (way way over the recommended), I broke a crank shaft, then a con rod, and got through glow plugs like there was no tomorrow, trying every type. It would start after 15 mins or after my brother had finished messing about and wanted to go home. [][] I got through 3 pull start mechs, and even killed a Rotostart. When it did get running I only had a minute or so until it over heated.

Basically it was a horrible time and I almost flogged the truck.

When I ran out of the Technic stuff, my local shop also was out so I though, oh well, this will be the last attempt, and bought Tornado.

WOW!!!! First time, and flew, when I checked the temp it was running really cold, so leaned it out and is slaughtered my bros tuned up Savage!!! [8D]

Basically the Technics crud doesn't have enough oil and so it'll run real hot 'til it breaks.

Since then I have never looked back and I love my truck . I starts on the 1st or 2nd pull and will run until out of fuel or I stop it.
I also tried Blue Thunder and that too is great.

Basically I am NO fan of Model Technics!!!

Happy Trucking.

PS, Its great to hear from someone else in the UK!!!!
Hey scott GTR - cheers for all the info - i'm gonna try and stick with the bigbang 30 model technics fuel - i here what your saying but i've gone for 0s medium to cool plugs and it now seems to be running a treat - full tanks are running through it without any stalls or overheating!

gonna take it to the coast tomorrow in wales to a load of sand dunes - see how much fun i can have.

by the way have you had any problem with the CEN servo's - my steering servos have fried so i've put a big 1/5th scale futaba in instead (modded)
and have you cut the front window out like me to get more air in for cooling?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:24 PM
robegee

i stand corrected its actually a HPI Racing R4 plug med - cold i'm now using - and its flying
Old 08-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Scott_GTR

gonna take it to the coast tomorrow in wales to a load of sand dunes - see how much fun i can have.

Sand,.... Loads of fun , until you have to clean it!!!!

I took mine up the beach a few weeks ago and then spent 3 evenings stripping and cleaning it! []
And it was only running RWD at the time as I was waiting for my Nemesis front drive shaft to arrive.