Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 11:00 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

acdii

I noticed in post 8688 you are using a computer mouse by logitech. my son bought me one and I am using it as I type this, for some reason as hard as I try it remains uncomfortable/awkward to me how do you feel about it?
Old 10-03-2020, 02:19 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

You mean the track ball kind? I used to play hours and hours of Unreal Tournament, so using any other mouse is difficult and annoying. It takes a bit getting used to using the thumb to move the mouse around, but prefer it over conventional slap mouses, and especially touch pads. With it I can sit in an easy chair with laptop on my lap and the mouse on the arm of the chair, or like it is now, stuck between my laptop and my work top keyboard. It confuses the hell out of anyone trying to use my computer too.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:57 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

I can't use a track ball anymore too much joint damage from osteoarthritis.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:20 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

I am writing this in Somerset in the South West of England. I arrived here at 12.00 on Monday 28th October. Prior to leaving France I took a Covid 19 test which proved to be negative. They simply took a tiny amount of blood from the inside of my l/h ring finger, put it in some kind of test apparatus and twelve minutes later I got the results. It cost me 18€.

I am currently serving a fortnight's compulsory isolation.

Miss Blue Eyes and I are building a Super 60 for her to learn on. Just as well, the weather is awful at the moment.

Best of luck Donny for tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:11 AM
donnyman

Originally Posted by acdii
You mean the track ball kind? I used to play hours and hours of Unreal Tournament, so using any other mouse is difficult and annoying. It takes a bit getting used to using the thumb to move the mouse around, but prefer it over conventional slap mouses, and especially touch pads. With it I can sit in an easy chair with laptop on my lap and the mouse on the arm of the chair, or like it is now, stuck between my laptop and my work top keyboard. It confuses the hell out of anyone trying to use my computer too.
I concur with you, But I have been using the trackball type for years now I wasn't clear with my question. This particular mouse I find awkward I have been using the mouse with the ball in the center with buttons on both sides, it's longer and a bit more spaced out, this blue ball thing seems more suited to a females smaller hand and the left and right activation buttons feel too close. I find it odd but it does a fine job especially since it is cordless. The center scroll wheel is real nice. It is all too tightly packed for my taste. I actually have both types connected. I play the command and conquer games a lot and this little side ball gets me all jumbled up and I have to switch off.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:14 AM
FlyerInOKC

Good luck tomorrow Donny!
Old 10-04-2020, 07:00 AM
donnyman

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
I can't use a track ball anymore too much joint damage from osteoarthritis.
What mouse are you using?
thank you for the well wishes, I hope to do as well as you did.

David
you have made a lot of trips crossing the channel, will you be staying in England? or maintain both residences? isn't the weather better in France?
No matter what, enjoy your time building the super 60 with your lady.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:26 AM
acdii

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK
I am writing this in Somerset in the South West of England. I arrived here at 12.00 on Monday 28th October. Prior to leaving France I took a Covid 19 test which proved to be negative. They simply took a tiny amount of blood from the inside of my l/h ring finger, put it in some kind of test apparatus and twelve minutes later I got the results. It cost me 18€.

I am currently serving a fortnight's compulsory isolation.

Miss Blue Eyes and I are building a Super 60 for her to learn on. Just as well, the weather is awful at the moment.

Best of luck Donny for tomorrow.

Didn't realize you have a Deloreon!

Donny, never used the center ball type, just the one you saw, been using it for 20 years now, not the same one of course.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:03 PM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by donnyman
What mouse are you using?
thank you for the well wishes, I hope to do as well as you did.
I use a Microsoft Wireless Mobile mouse Model # 3500 on my personal laptop and a Logitec Wireless Mobile mouse Model # M325 on the work laptop. The Wireless Mobile mice are slightly smaller and lighter than a standard mouse.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:00 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

... David
you have made a lot of trips crossing the channel, will you be staying in England? or maintain both residences? isn't the weather better in France?
No matter what, enjoy your time building the super 60 with your lady.[/QUOTE]

The plan is to see how things work out over the winter, then sell the house in France. Yes the weather is generally nicer in France and I've got much more flying in than I would have done in England. I've enjoyed my time there so I will leave it with some reluctance, but Trish cannot stay in France because her daughter has MS, we love each other very much and we will look after one another in our old age.
The following users liked this post:
bisco (10-06-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 04:38 AM
FlyerInOKC

Go for it David! It isn't easy to find a fine lady such as Trish to put up with an old reprobate such as yourself! She must have the patience of Job!
The following users liked this post:
bisco (10-06-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 01:05 PM
jimbrock2

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Donnyman: Good luck with the heart procedure.
jim B, Houston
Prop Nuts

Last edited by jimbrock2; 10-05-2020 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:13 PM
jimbrock2

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Nope. Local hobby shop and Balsa USA.
Old 10-06-2020, 04:43 AM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Jim, I used to live in Spring off of Cypresswood. What hobby shop do you go to in Houston.There where 3 shops in that area. Larrys up on Fm1960 at I-45, It went out a few years back. then there was another on Fm 2920 between Spring and Tom Ball. Then the last one was on I-45 just north of Raford Saw dust road. There where some others but most where gone that I remember as I moved out in 2015.
Thank You
Michael Johnston
Old 10-06-2020, 02:02 PM
donnyman

Well I lived through my cardio cauterization and now have one stint, and another blockage which the doc chose not to treat. On top of that I have high blood pressure, and the possibility of diabetes, I have been poked, needled, cut, pilled, and confused with all the weird names of prescriptions but the one that has us shook up is called JANUVIA for diabetes at $500 for a months supply. is anyone familiar with this stuff?

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Old 10-06-2020, 02:09 PM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by donnyman
Well I lived through my cardio cauterization and now have one stint, and another blockage which the doc chose not to treat. On top of that I have high blood pressure, and the possibility of diabetes, I have been poked, needled, cut, pilled, and confused with all the weird names of prescriptions but the one that has us shook up is called JANUVIA for diabetes at $500 for a months supply. is anyone familiar with this stuff?

Thanks for all the well wishes.
My wife was on Metformin and it worked grerat for her, she is off medication now. The one problem she had with Metformin was diarrhea. Both are for type 2 Diabetes. If its too expensive tell the doctor and they can change it. The doctor maybe recommending Januvia because he/she receives a payment form the manufacturer. If they don't want to change it tell them you want a generic and not a name brand there is other stuff they can choose.
Old 10-06-2020, 04:46 PM
otrcman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know anything about Januvia, but there are lots of medications that cost even more than $500. Often times the doc has no idea of the cost of a medication; a salesman just comes throught the offices, gives his sales pitch on how this is the latest and greatest, and drops off a bunch of free samples. Nobody ever mentions the cost of the new stuff until the first patient complains. My wife's doc prescribed some sort of an anti-itch cream for her. When she went to have the prescription filled the pharmacist asked if she knew how much it cost for a little tube. It was almost $200. Wife decided she didn't itch that bad.

I did have one experience where the doc knew about the cost. I was having trouble with side effects of a cholesterol medication and the doc told me there was a new stuff on the market that doesn't cause any muscle pain. He went on to say the good news is that you only have to take one dose every two weeks. The bad news is that it costs $10,000 per dose. Needless to say, I didn't opt for that stuff.

Dick

Dick
Old 10-06-2020, 05:04 PM
FlyerInOKC

I had a problem with my COPD but we found one where the manufacture picked up the copay if you have insurance so I went on that one.
Old 10-07-2020, 03:57 AM
donnyman

I am going to take the hit for this too expensive stuff this month but I will be looking for a less expensive subsitute. meanwhile I do feel a bit more lively, a lot of aches and pain is gone we'll see. It could be because I have gotten a lot of sleep.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:02 AM
acdii

I take it those drugs don't fall under Medicare part B or D. Makes me wonder just what drugs are covered under my plan, don't really wish to find out either. Thankfully the only prescrips I take is a statin and generic Nexium. Been avoiding doctors as much as possible since the last fiasco with all the tests only to find out my heart is 100% healthy, and it's my spine causing all the problems.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:38 AM
donnyman

I found out we wont have to pay the full price of the drug, but they prescribed a bunch of other stuff I will know soon, my wife is on the way to the druggist now. Tomorrow I get to see my primary doc so he may do something crazy, no matter, I want to beat this diabetes thing so I'm gonna do as I am told................. for now.

acdii
Hang in there, the doc's just trying to get as much out of your pocket as they can, Christmas is coming.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:15 AM
otrcman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Donny,

My 50 year old son was diagnosed with mild diabetes a few years ago. He changed his eating habits as the Dr. advised and never has needed to go on any medications. He figures it was a win-win situation. Saved money by not buying medications, saved money by not buying so much tasty food, and feels better all around with the 50 pounds of fat he lost.

Dick

Old 10-08-2020, 05:35 AM
donnyman

otrcman
Your son has done exactly what I will attempt, I will see my doctor today and I am sure he will have some sort on plan for me. a 50 pound weight loss would do me a world of good, but is a difficult task at my age but definitely the way to go.

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2020, 06:32 AM
FlyerInOKC

My wife los 30 lbs. at the beginning she atributited it to the side affects of Metformin.
Old 10-08-2020, 06:56 AM
acdii

When pressed on a diet, I got nothing from them. Seems docs don't want to commit to a diet plan to help lose weight. At the 50 mark, it is a losing proposition. You need to exercise to lose weight, it hurts too much to exercise because you are over weight, Joints ache from degeneration, and excess weight makes it worse, degeneration gets worse when exercising, causing even less exercise. Getting old sucks.

Born, pissing and crapping yourself, gain all this knowledge and skill, then get old, arthritic, crippled, can no longer do what you are skilled to do, then wind up pissing and crapping yourself, then die. Life sucks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.