Prolog

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 09:00 AM
vquick
My Feedback: (71)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Prolog

ORIGINAL: mups53

More visable bolder colors, a new sleeker look with the canopy which is also a slight aero improvement and a new further forward UC.
It'll take a bit to get the wheels in motion but it'll be in the works soon enough.
Victor are you going to the Tangerene?
Thanks, Mike
Yes Mike I will be there at Tangerines plan to arrive Thursday
Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics of the new SE Version by F3AUnlimited
The planes are nearing completion and will be on the ship in a week or two.
We changed the canopy, paint scheme and the landing gearson the new version with 2 inches less sweep.
This is Chris's sample plane.
Mike Mueller
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36757.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1840712   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50595.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1840713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hn25314.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1840714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rk23805.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1840715   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zk69385.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	1840716  
Old 01-15-2013, 02:48 PM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

While at Chris' last night I was able to get a good look at this plane. Very sharp. Typical BJ Craft workmanship,

Arch
Old 01-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the differences between the Nuance and the F3A Prolog? They look fairly similar in the photos.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:34 PM
rcpattern

Wing shape is slightly different. I think the airfoil is slightly different as well, but I could be wrong on that.

Arch
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM
mups53

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

What are the differences between the Nuance and the F3A Prolog? They look fairly similar in the photos.
The wing on the Prolog is a little bit further back and it has far less sweep with the wing tips being more forward than the Nuance. The trailing edge on the Nuance is close to straight.
The Prolog flies a bit more stable while the Nuance probably rolls a little easier and snaps a tad better.
The Prolog is very nuetral and tracks fantastic. It's super easy to groove with.
The Nuance is better with snaps but not a lot.
That's what I think I know. Thanks, Mike Mueller
Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 PM
rcpattern

From my limited time flying a Prolog and extensive time with a Nuance, I completely agree Mike.

Arch
Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 PM
Silent-AV8R

I guess my point was that the "new" Prolog looks a lot like the Nuance. I recall earlier posts saying the "new" Prolog seemed to roll better than the original. Other than the canopy, landing gear and color scheme, is everything the same as on the original?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 AM
mups53

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

I guess my point was that the "new" Prolog looks a lot like the Nuance. I recall earlier posts saying the "new" Prolog seemed to roll better than the original. Other than the canopy, landing gear and color scheme, is everything the same as on the original?
Brandon and I are the only ones to have flown the new Canopy on a Prolog. It was cold and windy the day we flew. We both thought that it rolled slightly better. Nothing about what we felt was scientific.Itsjust how it felt tous.
What I think is the canopy modification adds a little bit more side area to the fuse near the CG. I think this helps the fuse to create more lift so based on that alone I'd say it should roll a little easier.
The main reason for the canopy and paint scheme change is estetics.
Chris and I are looking to sell airplanes. Sexy looking pattern planes outsell ugly planes 10 to 1. Trust me we know!
I feel the Prolog SEby F3AUnlimited looks pretty nice. It also flys really good. It makes what we do a lot easier.
I'm hoping others agree.
Thanks, Mike Mueller
Old 01-16-2013, 07:44 AM
Chris Moon
My Feedback: (8)

The std Prolog has been really well accepted and received outstanding feedback on it's flight qualities from everyone that has flown it. The only comments we received that were negative were about the "pink" and the canopy placement being farther back than they liked. So, we did some flight testing with the fwd canopy and found at worst it flew the same and as noted some felt it rolled and flew even better. With that done, we changed the colors to remove the "pink" and had the planes come with the landing gear with less sweep back and we have the Prolog V2 F3A Unlimited version.

The first shipment is on the docks now at the factory and as soon as the ship leaves we will take firm orders for delivery. As this version is for now only available to F3A Unlimited and is not a std production plane, the numbers are somewhat limited in this first shipment. There will be only a few also available in ARC (almost ready to cover) priced at $1250.00
Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 AM
Silent-AV8R

Cool. I never thought the original was ugly I liked the looks of the original. I also like the color scheme on the new one. Personal preference. But if it flies better and still looks great, then hat's to argue with!!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 AM
mups53

A lot of people loved the old version. Some didn't it's impossible to please everyone. Mike
Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 AM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When ever I decide to buy a new plane cant decide if I want the prolog or shinden, or griffen, decisions, decisions.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:58 AM
AmericanSpectre505

Good looking plane,..much better lines. Just waiting for the "out of stock" message to go away, so I can push the button.

Now my divorce is near finial,.I can fly more!

bholsten
Old 01-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Silent-AV8R

A lot of people loved the old version. Some didn't it's impossible to please everyone. Mike

Roger that. I really like the colors on the new one, no question. And BJ Craft makes some awesome planes. Decisions, decisions!!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Chris Moon

We have more of the standard version of the Prolog coming in the next shipment as well along with more Nuances and Nuances with the DTFS wings...something for everyone
Old 01-16-2013, 11:33 AM
MTK

What ta heckare DFTS wings?? What does that mean?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Chris Moon

Double taper fast snap wings

Name:	Zx70479.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1841194   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50665.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1841195  
Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 AM
rcpattern

Matt,

It is what BJ Park called the wing shape that he is using on the Episode, which others are starting to try on the Nuance. I don't remember what the acronym stands for. I actually have a set to try as soon as it quits raining. You can see the shape in the pictures. The Episode is the best snapping plane I've ever flown, PERIOD. I think you sacrifice some things in other aspects, but the planes snap incredible,

Arch

Name:	Ay73980.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	1841196  
Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM
mups53

Removed due to dupilication

Old 01-16-2013, 01:57 PM
MTK

ORIGINAL: rcpattern

Matt,

It is what BJ Park called the wing shape that he is using on the Episode, which others are starting to try on the Nuance. I don't remember what the acronym stands for. I actually have a set to try as soon as it quits raining. You can see the shape in the pictures. The Episode is the best snapping plane I've ever flown, PERIOD. I think you sacrifice some things in other aspects, but the planes snap incredible,

Arch
Thanks Arch and F3AU..........

I am sure they do. Spins tooand particularly spin reversals. This planform will benefit snaps and spins of any fuselage as long as thickness was reasonable. If I were to read between the lines a bit, the amount of control required to initiate and stop the snap is minimal so exits are simple to get tracking. I didn't realize that the roots were increased to go along with the tip reduction. That effectively will bring the MAC closer to the fuse CL and that's a good thing. Reduces the moment arm. So his average root to tip ratio is likely around 3 it looks like.

That's where I had my Temptress and she was an effortless snapper at minimal control input. Now if I could only tighten the loose screw in front of those controls.....

Building them might be a pain, but the buyer doesn't do that; it's already done. They look so kool they ought sell like hotcakes

Old 01-20-2013, 05:51 AM
luckymacy

Hi, what is the order of release of the various BJ 2m planes and what technical deficiency was each trying to fix from previous releases?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:25 AM
mups53

Monolog
Prolog
Nuance
Episode
Episode custom for Contra's
Prolog SE F3A Unlimited
and to come a Bi Plane
I don't think theywere realeased to fix a problem with each other.
They all fly well. Just different options and more choices.
Oxai has many options but there all made to suit the market place. Mike
Old 01-21-2013, 09:36 AM
luckymacy

Someone is staying busy designing. Is that his full time job?

I read on one his websites/blogs a paragraph he wrote about one of the planes and the word deficiency or something comparable was used once or twice. I don't know if he was talking about the plane or perpsective customer. :-)

Monolog
Prolog
Nuance
Episode
Episode custom for Contra's
Prolog SE F3A Unlimited
and to come a Bi Plane
I don't think they were realeased to fix a problem with each other.
They all fly well. Just different options and more choices.
Oxai has many options but there all made to suit the market place. Mike
Old 01-21-2013, 10:16 AM
mups53

Design is an evoulution. I'm sure he's tweaking just like everyone else. That why we have doo dads all over the place on the planes today. Everyone is looing for the perfect combination. I think were constantly expecting more out of the designs today. We'regetting a little spoiled in that way.
None of the above planes fly poorly.
Design is also a comprimise. Add a new wing that snaps better and lose some stability etc etc etc. Get stability back by adding a larger fin and a top wing. Add some stab fences to counteract this effect. You get the idea right?
Also changes can be made for estitics just to sell more. It's a competitive market and BJ is building a business.
BJ Park is the designer and he's also a competitor in the sport. Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.