Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

HeliMax MX400 Problems

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

HeliMax MX400 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 04:20 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HeliMax MX400 Problems

I can't wait to put mine together, right now it's sitting in the box awaitting componets. I have most of the aluminum head parts and a few spare upper crash kits but I will need to change it over to eccpm or try it as is. Can't choose which way to go on that. What motors are you guys running, I was going to run the align bl430 I had but I realized that I wore it out, the bearings are failing in it, causing a high pitch squeal from the stator rubbing on the housing.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:39 PM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: planebuilder66

I can't wait to put mine together, right now it's sitting in the box awaitting componets. I have most of the aluminum head parts and a few spare upper crash kits but I will need to change it over to eccpm or try it as is. Can't choose which way to go on that. What motors are you guys running, I was going to run the align bl430 I had but I realized that I wore it out, the bearings are failing in it, causing a high pitch squeal from the stator rubbing on the housing.
There are several motor choices but anything that works in the T-Rex will work on the MX400. I did the CCPM upgrade and even if I buy another MX-400....it too will get the upgrade. The reason on the 120deg CCPM upgrade...a lot less moving parts since it's direct servo to swash, and it allowed me to fabricate an aluminum battery box and I mounted it slanted which fits right in the canopy without a hassle. I am truly impressed with the MX-400 AFTER I did all the parts changes and mods...it's a stout heli.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:59 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Wow, I actually got a decent answer and honest. I think the jgf motors look right and the eccpm is a no brainer. I'll get it this weekend along with a 401 and hs65's.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:39 PM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: planebuilder66

Wow, I actually got a decent answer and honest. I think the jgf motors look right and the eccpm is a no brainer. I'll get it this weekend along with a 401 and hs65's.

Welll....if you want to save a bunch of CASH (LOL), this is what I use and it all works GREAT.

*0704A HHG by E-Sky $36 to my door
*standard 8G servos from E-Sky $6.00 ea before ship
* you can also use HS-55's if you have a programmable radio (DX6/DX6i/DX7/Futaba 6EXH...etc)

www.jaghobbies.com

He ships fast, and prices are fair.

Got my HHG off E-Bay...did pretty good. The MX-400 works good with any of the servos/gyros used on the King v2. After all, other than the motor/batteries/and ESC, the MX-400 is basically a King v2 with an aluminum frame (bonus), and it's physically a little bigger and weighs more.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:08 AM
Steve Landron

I have had the MX-400 for about a year now going from the CP-PRO to the MX-400 was the difference between night and day. The MX-400 for the price is a great Heli, granted the rotor head is extremely weak (why I upgraded to the aluminum head) but for what its worth, not a bad Heli at all. I'll take the MX-400 over the CP-PRO any day. My CP just sits in the closet lately. As far as customer support I have not had to deal with Heli-max, most al of my parts is easily acquired. Thunder Tiger support and the Warranty on the .30 sized Raptor I recently purchased are another story, (Great Helo, but get it w/o the Thunder Tiger 39, Thunder tiger will not honor any engine malfunction, they choose to blame user on poor set-up) (Garbage), buy the O.S. instead.