Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 07:56 PM
DoomsDay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

ORIGINAL: R/Cfantic889

Hey guys,
I was just wondering if there were any defects/problems that you had with you falcon 40.
Thanks,
R/CFantic889
I thought there was one, but it turned out it wasn't. I didn't realize the tail rotor on these little helis was one solid piece so I thought there was a problem with it when I would push it left it lost power but then i realized that was how it is supposed to work.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:01 PM
J-Cube

I did have a bad servo (came bad, not my fault).
Old 01-05-2007, 10:53 PM
a10bolt

Guys,

Thanks for the information in regard to the batteries.

Did anyone go through the radd's school of rotary flight book? Is it really worth the time for the falcon 40, or is it for CP models?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:24 PM
DoomsDay

ORIGINAL: a10bolt

Guys,

Thanks for the information in regard to the batteries.

Did anyone go through the radd's school of rotary flight book? Is it really worth the time for the falcon 40, or is it for CP models?
Its for anyone starting with a new heli. He does have some CP references in there which can be ignored. And yes it is worth it.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:22 PM
AirGerbil

Well, I decided to head outside today since it was a balmy 70 degrees here in Northern VA. Not a gust of wind to be felt.....until I got my falcon in the air. I held on to the edge of control for a little while, but not long enough. I took a nice moderately-controlled crash on the side, and snapped my flybar. Any pointers on where to get a new one? I'm going out of town on business next week, so waiting for the stuff to come in the mail won't be quite so painful.

I am such a putz, I'm on my 6th battery, and thought that I could actually fly this thing.....lol. I love this stuff.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:42 PM
AirGerbil

What is the difference between an ARF (almost ready to fly) and an RTF (ready to fly)? What is the ARF Missing?
Old 01-06-2007, 01:48 PM
J-Cube

RTF comes with everything to fly the included heli right out of the box. ARF is usually just the model heli you bought and you get to choose what radio, servos, battery, motor/engine and other things will go with it.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:43 PM
makatron

arf usually comes just the frame, canopy and sometimes the motor
but the rest is up to you

servos
Rx
Tx
battery

arf is to buy the way you want your heli to look like and you get to choose the way it will fly tho
Old 01-06-2007, 05:47 PM
gueshwe

Hey guys!!! I just want to say hello, am so glad I found that board about the Falcon 40. I am a newbie, I have just started flying 6batteries ago and can pretty much sustain a decent hovering in a small room. I love that stuff!!!
I had ordered a DF4 from raidentech and receive a Falcon 40 instead, thank god! seems like the Falcon is more reliable than DF4.....
I havent had any problem with my bird and am very happy about it, and would encourage anybody to buy it as a first helli. The ratio price/quality cannot be beaten!!

Anyways I have a few question and hope some of you can answer them:

1) Can I order Dragonfly 4 parts and use them on my falcon 40?

2) where can I find spare metal parts for my chopper? Cuz I just broke today main blade holder set (50h01-01), glued it back together works fine but would like to buy some stronger parts.

3) Is there any advantage other than aesthetic to use carbon blades? (although i cant seem to find any for this heli)

4)I have a 10T gear , would switching it to a 11t or 12t increase the rotor speed, considering my motor doesnt get to hot after flying?

5)I see a lot of people ordering lipo batteries but considering lipo+charger+dc adapter costs around 50bucks is it really worth it spending that much on a 70bucks heli? I was actually thinking to simply order 2 or 3 more stock batteries for less than 30 bucks thus allowing almost 20mins flying time.... does that makes sense to you?

6)Man this sucks everytime I'd break a part I would have to order it online, and none of the hobby store in my area carry spare for my helli, does anybody live in long island (NY) knows a place where I can buy that?

I have so many other questions but I'll take it easy for now and hope that some of you'd be able to answer a few. It's been only barely a week and am already hooked to the hobby, I wanna learn everything there is to know about it and improve my flying skills.

Take care guys.

Hugo
Old 01-06-2007, 09:52 PM
DoomsDay

ORIGINAL: gueshwe

Hey guys!!! I just want to say hello, am so glad I found that board about the Falcon 40. I am a newbie, I have just started flying 6batteries ago and can pretty much sustain a decent hovering in a small room. I love that stuff!!!
I had ordered a DF4 from raidentech and receive a Falcon 40 instead, thank god! seems like the Falcon is more reliable than DF4.....
I havent had any problem with my bird and am very happy about it, and would encourage anybody to buy it as a first helli. The ratio price/quality cannot be beaten!!

Anyways I have a few question and hope some of you can answer them:

2) where can I find spare metal parts for my chopper? Cuz I just broke today main blade holder set (50h01-01), glued it back together works fine but would like to buy some stronger parts.

3) Is there any advantage other than aesthetic to use carbon blades? (although i cant seem to find any for this heli)

4)I have a 10T gear , would switching it to a 11t or 12t increase the rotor speed, considering my motor doesnt get to hot after flying?

5)I see a lot of people ordering lipo batteries but considering lipo+charger+dc adapter costs around 50bucks is it really worth it spending that much on a 70bucks heli? I was actually thinking to simply order 2 or 3 more stock batteries for less than 30 bucks thus allowing almost 20mins flying time.... does that makes sense to you?

6)Man this sucks everytime I'd break a part I would have to order it online, and none of the hobby store in my area carry spare for my helli, does anybody live in long island (NY) knows a place where I can buy that?

I have so many other questions but I'll take it easy for now and hope that some of you'd be able to answer a few. It's been only barely a week and am already hooked to the hobby, I wanna learn everything there is to know about it and improve my flying skills.

Take care guys.

Hugo
You already answered many of your own questions. This is a trainer heli. Absolutely no reason to go buying upgraded parts. Your going to bust up your heli and if you have upgraded parts and they break its just going to be even more expensive to fix.

Besides, the only real upgrade for these things would possibly be skids. They really don't make upgrade parts for this because it is just a trainer.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:10 AM
mcwimp

ORIGINAL: AirGerbil
... I took a nice moderately-controlled crash on the side, and snapped my flybar. Any pointers on where to get a new one? I'm going out of town on business next week, so waiting for the stuff to come in the mail won't be quite so painful.
Go to your local hobby shop. They carry carbon fiber rod (2mm). Cut to size and install. Cheap, easy to get and fast (locally available).

McWimp
Old 01-07-2007, 12:35 AM
mcwimp

ORIGINAL: gueshwe
Yes. I recently ordered from this guy: [link=http://ushobbysupply.com/]http://ushobbysupply.com/[/link]. Package shipped from Maryland. Quick & very responsive. I used to order from Nitroplanes.com in CA. They messed up one order and it was impossible to reach them (phone & email). Plus shipping took a week.

As someone else said metal rotor heads etc. are not worth it for this heli. Better skids are something you need. I bought the SuperSkids. They are worth every penny: Lowers center of gravity (more stable flight), take a lot of hard landings and controlled crashes with ease, incl. better tail rotor guard, better battery holder, ...

You can get them here: [link=http://www.super-skids.com/]http://www.super-skids.com/[/link]

Carbon blades are stiffer and don't bend out of shape as much at higher head speeds but they are way expensive (to break). Not sure if there are some FP carbon blades. BTW Gary from Superskids is working on some better blades as well.

It is kind of tough to make the decision to shell out the money for lipos but you will love the extra flight time they get you. The voltage during discharge doesn't drop off half way through the flight time. Very stable until the end. But once you are at the end you better land quickly.

McWimp
Old 01-07-2007, 02:57 AM
pmaster500

has anyone out there flown both the falcon and the honeybee fixed pitch
is the falcon better since it comes with a sim ?
Old 01-07-2007, 11:04 AM
J-Cube

The Falcon comes with a sim? I just got an interface cable.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:23 PM
robotronski

ORIGINAL: pmaster500

has anyone out there flown both the falcon and the honeybee fixed pitch
is the falcon better since it comes with a sim ?
The Falcon only comes with a simulator cable that plugs into your PC. No software is provided at all. You have to download the software. The sim is FMS. Its a very crude simulator. You can download it for free without having to buy a heli at all.

Go to www.flying-model-simulator.com and check it out.

I tried it and was convinced you get what you pay for. I'm using an older version of Realflight (Great Planes Co.) version G2, with great success.

Lots of older sim versions on ebay as G3 and even G3.5 are now out and many are upgrading. (the "G" is for generation, more like latest software version)

Even if you spend $200 on a new sim it will be worth it tenfold times. A real good crash could easily total a $100 heli and only two of those crashes will have you at the $200 mark really fast. Trust me, YOU WILL CRASH. The sim is the way to go. Don't even put a battery in your heli until you can hover, fly and land on the sim for 30 minutes without a single crash. You need to train your brain to act on instinct, not decision. Then go hover your model and see how it goes. Always challenge yourself on the sim more than your present actual flying level. Worked for me. Now, my advanced training is on the heli as I'm past the basics now.

Best of luck to you and your training. Robo.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:35 PM
gueshwe

MCWIMP : tks a lot for the info man! same thing is just happening to me, last week I place an order from raidentech , I tried to get a hold of them to add more items to my order since I broke my main blade holder set and lost a bearing, but there is strictly no way to reach anybody there, always reach the answering machine. their customer service is inexistent, it's the last time I order from them.

I checked that site http://ushobbysupply.com u gave me, seems nice I think I'll give it a try. However I couldn't find any phone number to contact them. Did they reply to your email quickly? I will order the DF4 parts since you told me they were interchangeable with the Falcon 40.

Tks for the advice about the superskids.... That's something I took care of as soon as I received my chopper. I ordered the white skids hoping that I would be able to dye them the same green as the canopy. As any of you experienced dyeing their skids??? any advices??

DOOMSDAY: when i said i was considering buying metal parts I wasn't trying to upgrade the heli in any way but to make it simply stronger. For instance i would love to find a metal main blade holder set.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:46 PM
owin

Hi All, I'm new to the r/c heli world and only had my Falcon 40 since Christmas. I love it, but experience my first hard crash trying to hover yesterday. ;--( I broke one of the main rotor blades, but was able to find a replace today. I sent most of my time trying to make sure everything was balanced and secure before my next flight only to discover the rotor blades aren't moving with the main gears and shaft. Or to word it a different way.. the rotor blades will move without the main gears... I've looked very close at the heli, but can not find the problem.

Any ideas?
Old 01-07-2007, 09:54 PM
owin

Hi Again.. I found the problem to be a broken Guiding Ring Pin.

Thanks All
Old 01-08-2007, 12:24 AM
FiveOclockCharlie

Hi Folks !
I`m new to Heli`s and new to this forum so I thought I`d drop in and say hi.Just ordered my Falcon from Raidentech and cant wait to start flying. I downloaded the sim , and yes , it looks pretty basic.I`ll work on that before I even try to fly for real.I think I`ve learned a lot already just from reading other posts.This is a GREAT forum !

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:05 AM
tonywayne

Well i did it. I ordered a F40 from Xheli lastnight. Got the 3day select shipping so hopfully itll be here by the end of the week. I also ordered the training gear too. This will be my first heli since picolos first micro like 6 years ago $400 plus. I hope I have better luck with this bird. Iv been getting alot of sim time in on my G3. Ill post anouther update once i recieve it.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:18 PM
airwethead

Its been two weeks since I ordered it from raidentech, and I finally got confirmation that it has been shipped. I cant wait to give this whole whirlybird thing a go! Has anybody had any difficulties with FMS simulator and the supplied transmitter? I used to have access to Realflight G3, and I practiced hovering (in all attitudes) and forward flight til I was blue in the face. While I would love to have realflight to practice on a little more before I take her up, FMS will have to do.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:57 AM
TitaniumZX

The transmitter and PC cable works perfectly with FMS...not sure about RealFlight G3. Be sure you install and run PPJoy prior to launching the simulator app.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:29 AM
airwethead

Thanks. I would not have had a clue about PPJoy. Last time I used FMS, it was with a cable I bought from some guy in Australia and it was over the serial port.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:43 PM
tonywayne

Hi all.. Sunday i ordered my F-40 from Xheli. The next day i got the confermation via email, everything looks good, but in my email it says I have ordered, New Falcon 40 AKA 4-Channel Remote Radio Control RTF DragonFly IV
(New Improved Version) w/ 6-Channel Transmitter'' I copied and pasted that quote. Whats the diff between the f40 and dragonfly IV. Is the falcon an updated version of the dragonfly? Did anybody else get this conformation stateing this when u ordered? Am i getting the right thing? Thanks...... Tony
Old 01-09-2007, 05:45 PM
tonywayne

Ok the quotes below the empty box.. Opppps sorry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.