Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky honey bee CP

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 12:35 PM
rbiasi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky honey bee CP

Sorry Kermit, I couldn't resist.

Good point though. I just never have the patience to wait for someone to pick up the phone...
Old 05-10-2005, 01:32 PM
kermitdafrog

rbiasi,

No feelings hurt here for sure, I'm used to "senior" jokes. I guess if you consider the alternative, getting older isn't so bad:-)

Since it was a closeout item, and I didn't know how fast they were going, I just didn't want to wait a day or so, get my hopes up, and then find that they had run out of them. $30 off seemed like a pretty good deal.

Rick
Old 05-10-2005, 01:44 PM
kermitdafrog

rbiasi (or anyone)

Has anyone sucessfully used the Revo mix on their transmitter instead of the onboard mixer for a two-motor heli?

As a tinkering project, I was thinking about going to separate ESC's for the main and tail rotors, getting rid of the mixer altogether and using the Revo mix function in my transmitter to take it's place, and using a standalone gyro that I already have.

I wanted the separates so I could go to a high-frequency esc for the tail motor later, and then a brushless main motor much later. Doing it now would pretty much make it a plug-and-play later.

Rick
Old 05-10-2005, 01:55 PM
kermitdafrog

paedbo,

and i dont know why the replacement tail boom was 2 inches shorter, but it was so short i couldnt use it without the main blades interfering.
Could one of them be for a direct drive tail and the other for a geared drive? When I ordered a tail boom for my Honey Bee which was intended for a Dragonfly direct drive, it was an inch or so longer.

Rick
Old 05-10-2005, 06:02 PM
casipak
My Feedback: (3)

What is revo mixing?

By the way, the esky brushless thread is messed up. The pics don't show.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:52 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

f you have a heading hold or tail lock gyro, you dont even need revo mixing
Old 05-10-2005, 06:56 PM
kermitdafrog

Casipak,

"Revo controls the amount of rudder necessary to counteract the torque of the main rotor as the pitch increases".

That was actually a paraphrase from the Futaba manual and not a direct quote. Sounds suspiciously like the function of the mixer which prompted me to ask the question above.

Paedbo, I guess I was typing simutaneously with you ... just not as fast on the notebook here.

Rick
Old 05-11-2005, 09:54 AM
tnd2000

casipak, are you going brushless for tail for main?
If you have a computer radio with a programmable mix and am going brushless main or (brushless tail and don't need remote gyro gain) it's pretty easy and you do not need to open anything up as in the other thread. Simply setup the p.mix on ch 3 and 5 then hook the esc to ch 5. No soldering required.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:23 PM
casipak

I'm going brushless for main and I'm getting a hitec eclipse 7 comp radio. Could you explain just a little more about the mix?
Old 05-11-2005, 06:39 PM
sgt_lurva_lurva

hi all,

I have followed your forum for a few weeks, and finally got round to buying an electirc chopper. I have had no previous helicopter experience but had several nitro planes and cars. I Was torn between either the Walkera Z400 #35 and the E-sky Honeybee 2 CP-2, in the end i ended up with the HoneyBee CP2. Had some great fun setting it all up and my first flight went surprisingly smoothly! Only a few dents in the blades! I am using a 1200mah 11.1v lipo and seem to be getting some good results. Cant wait to start upgrading parts. When i ordered my kit there was no choice between having throttle and rudder on 1 side or the other, but living, and buying from the UK i presumed i would get TH and RD on the left! How wrong i was!! My first job was to convert from right to left.

A friend of mine bought the Walkera Z400 #40 at a smiliar time i bought mine, his seems a little more complicated to set up although seems more stable in flight, probably due to the size differce.

It has only been after looking on E-Skys website and comparing the pictures of the various versions of the HB that i am now wondering if i do actually have a CP2! It seems that E-Skys low budget website has very similar, if not the same pictures for a few models.

I have posted some pictures of my HB2 CP2, i wondered if 1 of you experts could actually tell me if the company i bought off stiched me up! I did email him to confirm if it was the latest CP2 E005 and he did confirm that.

What ever happens, i had some great flights so far and am really enjoying the HB.

Kind Regards,

Joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59225.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	364.8 KB
ID:	270104   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52210.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	270105   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13039.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	270106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb80630.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	356.5 KB
ID:	270107  
Old 05-11-2005, 06:41 PM
sgt_lurva_lurva

Oh and heres a pic of the top, thought that might help.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58189.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	270109  
Old 05-11-2005, 06:49 PM
ptarp

Its definately CP, and it looks the same as my CP 2. You havn't even bent the flybars yet? Godo job. Its a great little heli, I've had a ton of fun with mine. I've put mine through about 2 flight per day and everything is holding up great (even the tail motor). My main gear is chewed to hell (but still working) b/c of the numerous "crashes" its had, but all else is well.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:51 PM
paedbo

it looks identical to mine and it is not a cp2, plus see your spur gear the big gear, it has spokes, the cp2 does not have that gear it has been redesigned, so i would say you have the regular cp.

go here and scroll down until you see the main black gear for the cp2, see how it is different.

http://www.electric-scooters-motoriz...opterparts.htm

-edit-

but you know what hes also showing that same gear now for the regular honey bee 2 cp. I'm not sure i guess i would have to look closer at the parts to figure out which is which.

check this ebay auction go to the bottom and look at the picture of the rotor head, , yours is not a cp2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Old 05-12-2005, 07:04 AM
fermoral

Hi Sgt_lurva_lurva,

I'm afraid that you have the Honey Bee 2 (old model) and not the CP2. Go to the following link, under the main pic of the HB CP2 there are four small pics. Click on the one of the rotor head and you'll see the difference with yours. You may also click on the one of the TX, which has an LCD display for the voltmeter instead of a line of leds. Sorry to tell you that

rc-expert[link]http://www.rc-expert.com/product.php?pid=108[/link]
Old 05-12-2005, 07:53 AM
sgt_lurva_lurva

Thankyou for telling me. I had a hunch when looking on the E-Sky website.

I have emailed the company i bought it off, and as they are not model experts i feel they have been stiched by their supplier, as even the printed documentation i have calls it a HB2 CP2. Still having fun flying it though!

I'll keep you all posted!

To the guy who said their CP2 looks the same same as mine, well i suggest you confirm that you havent been stiched up too!

Happy flying!

Joe
Old 05-12-2005, 09:57 AM
tnd2000

ORIGINAL: casipak

I'm going brushless for main and I'm getting a hitec eclipse 7 comp radio. Could you explain just a little more about the mix?
Setup ch3 as the master, ch5 as slave and mixing to 100%. ch5 should now follow ch3. Just make sure you disable gyro on the radio or anything that affects ch5 directly.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:24 AM
sgt_lurva_lurva

Well the supplier just got back to me, As i suspected he was completely unaware and has offered me a full refund

Does any1 reading this who lives in the UK or Europe know a good supplier? For those readers outside the UK in the States for example, you dont realise how lucky you are! Trying to get Anything large i.e. a helicopter from abroad costs a ridiculous amount in Postage and import tax!

I continue my epic quest for a Honeybee2 CP2.......................
Old 05-12-2005, 12:24 PM
fermoral

Hi, I've bought my CP2 from rcmachine, which is something like the ebay store for www.rc-expert.com. In rc-expert it costs 190$ + 43$ shipping and in rcmachine I got it for 160$ + 43$ shipping. This is the shipping for Spain (both companies are in Hong Kong). Now I'm still waiting for it to arrive, it's in the Spanish custom, hope to be lucky with that because I told the seller to send it as a gift (no custom rates in Europe for that). This is where I bought it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5974480416

Wherever you buy it remember to ask for a mode 2 TX (Left hand throttle) and 35 MHz (best band for Europe).
Old 05-12-2005, 12:44 PM
sgt_lurva_lurva

Excellent, i will have a look at that. Out of interest how long has it taken so far to ship it ??

Old 05-12-2005, 01:04 PM
fermoral

I bought it on May 5, they posted it on May 9 and it arrived to the Spanish Custom on May 11 (This is the information I got from the tracking of the heli in the web of Hong Kong post). People is telling me that it can be at the custom for more than a week I'll tell you if everything is OK when I get it.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:05 PM
fermoral

Old 05-12-2005, 01:16 PM
sgt_lurva_lurva

yea do post something, i thought the most they can charge for import tax is 10% of the value?! but if its labelled gift then im sure it will be fine.

Just found a local guy who sells on ebay, so i've contacted him and hes expecting some CP2s in soon. He can offer it for GBP£125, coz he is local i can pick it up eliminating posting costs :-)

Just off for a flight in the old CP1! no doubt typically ill wreck it before i send it back

Joe
Old 05-12-2005, 02:55 PM
paedbo

I used the HB2 to learn how to hover,

by the time i learned forward flight i had damaged and replaced almost all the parts that are different from the cp to the cp2,

i have even replaced the frame, the only things that have survived my many crashes were, the blade grips, all the electronics, the tail boom ( sorta it was cracked but stil working fine), and the servos and servo arms.

otherwise i have replaced everything else at least once. if i had started off with my honey bee 2 alittle later, as i bought the parts i could of just bought the upgrades for the cp2 as i went along.

edit

by the way those that want to know about dymond batteries, i just got 2 of the 1200mah 11.v 10c batteries from them by ups, But im grounded until i can get a new receiver for the heli, I rebuilt it with all new parts and dont want to lose it again to a glitch or long range signal loses.

However looking at the batteries they are nicely shrink wrapped, they are the same length as esky's 1000mah pack, and just slightly wider. Looks to be a good deal, lets see if they can hold up to their 10c rating.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:39 PM
casipak

Guys, I got my battery monitor but I don't know how and where to connect it. Also, when I get my phoenix 10, am I going to have to connect the monitor to that? If so, how?
Old 05-12-2005, 07:52 PM
paedbo

the battery monitor never gets connected to the battery permanently ( because it slowly drains power) you connect it to the power lines on the ESC which will be your phx10, this way when you disconnect the battery from the heli you also disconnect the monitor

on another note

i went and just put the old receiver back in my heli i figured i would fly it indoors just to see how those dymond 1200mah batteries worked out.

after first flight im inconclusive, my battery monitor light came on alittle early when i brought up the head speed, ( within 3 minutes) the light just flickered alittle and i brought the head speed down a bit , and it was fine for another 7 or 8 minutes.

I'm wondering if these are 10c burst batteries. it did do alot better than the esky 1000mah batt.

I ll try it indoors a few more times tomorrow and let ya know.

i did discharge these batts completely with my triton charger then recharge them to see how many mah they took, 1st one took in about 1000mah, second one i havent charged yet.

i also need to put the symmetrical blades back on the heli the ones it came with, i have non symmetrical ones on there now that are quite a bit heavier and longer. so i assume that this would take extra juice to get them up to speed, maybe going back to stock blades ill have better performance with the battery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.