Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Welcome to Club SAITO !

Old 08-10-2019, 03:44 AM
  #41651  
My Feedback: (102)
 
Hobbsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Colonial Beach, VA
Posts: 20,370
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hart

That must have happened while i was going thru my vegan stage mate

I dunno jim, all you can see of the heli is the skids really and what looks like a silicone exhaust extender for a smelly OS two stroke, he should move that thing somewhere safer like the road outside his house.

Can anyone find a pic of the saito long 'header pipe' fitted to a plane, maybe a vid even ?

That's quite a pile of Melon burger, I can't find any long versions of the Cool Pipe, maybe someone else will have more luck.

Woops, they have one here: https://www.topmodel.fr/en/product-d...ader-long-fa65

Last edited by Hobbsy; 08-10-2019 at 03:46 AM.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:07 AM
  #41652  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: dysart, IA
Posts: 1,730
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Did I see were someone used a case tumbler to clean cases and heads?
Old 08-10-2019, 04:15 AM
  #41653  
My Feedback: (102)
 
Hobbsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Colonial Beach, VA
Posts: 20,370
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default



I used this guy.
Originally Posted by Captcrunch44
Did I see were someone used a case tumbler to clean cases and heads?

I did, with walnut shell medium. It worked pretty good other than the walnut pieces filled up all the screw holes. I cleaned them out with a push pin.

Last edited by Hobbsy; 08-10-2019 at 04:19 AM.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:21 AM
  #41654  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: dysart, IA
Posts: 1,730
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Two things Hobbs
thanks I have a 65 that needs some cleaning.
Other is thanks for steering me to the three jaw positive lock puller that thing is awesome
Old 08-10-2019, 04:30 AM
  #41655  
My Feedback: (102)
 
Hobbsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Colonial Beach, VA
Posts: 20,370
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Captcrunch44
Two things Hobbs
thanks I have a 65 that needs some cleaning.
Other is thanks for steering me to the three jaw positive lock puller that thing is awesome

You're welcome, did you get the 102 or one of the stronger ones, thanks, Dave
Old 08-10-2019, 04:38 AM
  #41656  
 
Jesse Open's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 30 Miles North of Canada Border
Posts: 3,819
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts
Default

Been cleaning parts for years with various media. Walnut hulls mixed with Comet Cleanser works well. Of course, filling the screw holes with screws before cleaning can help prevent media filled holes. Ceramic pellets used wet are great for steel and iron parts.

"Stronger" ? Better yet, make a puller better suited than the store-bought, sloppy compromise


Last edited by Jesse Open; 08-10-2019 at 04:53 AM.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:42 AM
  #41657  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: dysart, IA
Posts: 1,730
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Yup Hobbs
got the one you said to get.

Going to to dig out the tumbler to day and let err rip
Old 08-10-2019, 04:46 AM
  #41658  
My Feedback: (102)
 
Hobbsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Colonial Beach, VA
Posts: 20,370
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Hey Mike, is the 65 painted, the walnut stuff doesn't remove paint very well, just what's loose.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:52 AM
  #41659  
 
Jesse Open's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 30 Miles North of Canada Border
Posts: 3,819
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts
Default

Team Dave is so funny!


Last edited by Jesse Open; 08-10-2019 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:57 AM
  #41660  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: dysart, IA
Posts: 1,730
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Nope its not painted it just has some surface corrosion around the fins and around the case
Old 08-10-2019, 05:03 AM
  #41661  
My Feedback: (102)
 
Hobbsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Colonial Beach, VA
Posts: 20,370
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Thanks
Old 08-10-2019, 05:21 AM
  #41662  
 
Jesse Open's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 30 Miles North of Canada Border
Posts: 3,819
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts
Default

Comet in the Walnut helps a lot.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:05 AM
  #41663  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Capron, IL
Posts: 10,000
Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default

Doesn't damage the lining?
Old 08-10-2019, 07:10 AM
  #41664  
 
Jesse Open's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 30 Miles North of Canada Border
Posts: 3,819
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts
Default

Not at all.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:19 AM
  #41665  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 46
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jesse - Saito 100T

[QUOTE=Jesse Open;12542637]
Ledesma,
I think I have a virgin 100 for you. Having the same old problem with sending PM.
Will try again today.

Originally Posted by the Wasp


The benefit is?
Better still would be getting less oil on the plane. That was the goal. Injecting the heated, vaporized oil in the center of the exhaust does a good job of that. Every bit as simple as well. Win- win
Thanks cool, let me know
Old 08-10-2019, 07:43 AM
  #41666  
 
Jesse Open's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 30 Miles North of Canada Border
Posts: 3,819
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts
Default

I will run up to the storage shed after I leave the shop.
Pretty sure there is one up there. Will dig it out and post pics later. You can let me know if you want it then.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:45 AM
  #41667  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 46
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jesse - Saito 100T

Originally Posted by Jesse Open
I will run up to the storage shed after I leave the shop.
Pretty sure there is one up there. Will dig it out and post pics later. You can let me know if you want it then.
Sounds like a plan

Rafael
Old 08-10-2019, 07:48 AM
  #41668  
My Feedback: (102)
 
Hobbsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Colonial Beach, VA
Posts: 20,370
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Rafael, send some pictures our way of it running, Thanks, Dave
Old 08-10-2019, 07:49 AM
  #41669  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 46
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Hobbsy
Rafael, send some pictures our way of it running, Thanks, Dave
Will do,
Old 08-10-2019, 11:01 AM
  #41670  
 
Jesse Open's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 30 Miles North of Canada Border
Posts: 3,819
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts
Default

This is the nicer of the three I have left. I am making this a special deal asIt is about as nice as you will see . I could easily sell it for twice what I am asking.Please do use it, don't turn around and sell it. I would appreciate the opportunity to buy it back if you decide not to use it, even after you run it. All the tools, flexpipe decals instructions etc in the original box. $250 and $25 shipping, lower 48


Old 08-10-2019, 12:25 PM
  #41671  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Capron, IL
Posts: 10,000
Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default

Now that would e purdy on a 1/5th SIG Cub. I have a 100 GK on mine, flies great with that power. A twin with smaller cylinders would fly it great and look almost scale.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:03 PM
  #41672  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 46
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jesse - Saito 100T

Originally Posted by Jesse Open
This is the nicer of the three I have left. I am making this a special deal asIt is about as nice as you will see . I could easily sell it for twice what I am asking.Please do use it, don't turn around and sell it. I would appreciate the opportunity to buy it back if you decide not to use it, even after you run it. All the tools, flexpipe decals instructions etc in the original box. $250 and $25 shipping, lower 48


I really appreciate, we have a deal.

That airplane that you see there is was a member that passed back in 1998 and hes daughter save it till now, she hit hard times and lost her house and can't keep it anymore, so she went to the club giving it away to whoever will make it fly again, so i took it with that intention and she wants to make a video of it flying one more time. So send me yr paypal info.

Thanks

Rafael L.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:57 PM
  #41673  
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: VT
Posts: 5,402
Likes: 0
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

here is a photo of a Mack 4st tuned pipe setup, this is for an Enya 120


photo,,
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...g?v=1404767180

the site,,
https://sheldonshobbies.com/collecti...fler-sys-1687#

Guys, I tell you, if you want to find a photo of something,,,,, "Goggle Images" is your best friend

Jim
Old 08-11-2019, 03:42 AM
  #41674  
My Feedback: (102)
 
Hobbsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Colonial Beach, VA
Posts: 20,370
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by the Wasp
here is a photo of a Mack 4st tuned pipe setup, this is for an Enya 120


photo,,
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...g?v=1404767180

the site,,
https://sheldonshobbies.com/collecti...fler-sys-1687#

Guys, I tell you, if you want to find a photo of something,,,,, "Goggle Images" is your best friend

Jim
JIm, so far the 82 carb on the 56 trial is a bust, when you tighten the carb mount screws to the final torque, the pipe moves sideways a small fraction and then leaks. A fatter O-ring is not possible, yet.

Last edited by Hobbsy; 08-11-2019 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Add content
Old 08-11-2019, 05:23 AM
  #41675  
 
Jesse Open's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 30 Miles North of Canada Border
Posts: 3,819
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ledesma45
I really appreciate, we have a deal.

That airplane that you see there is was a member that passed back in 1998 and hes daughter save it till now, she hit hard times and lost her house and can't keep it anymore, so she went to the club giving it away to whoever will make it fly again, so i took it with that intention and she wants to make a video of it flying one more time. So send me yr paypal info.

Thanks

Rafael L.
PM your email address. I will get the 100 boxed up.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.