Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Maxamps Out of their Mind????

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Slo-V Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxamps Out of their Mind????

Geez too much of this redundant stuff already folks.

In defense of Maxamps, how many of you actually run a business that is your source of income, as I think Maxamps is to its owner? Now I have no idea what their expense or overhead is but I can imagine they are in it for what most businesses are - revenue and god forbid a healthy profit. My family has been in the toy store business for the past 7 years and it is NOT fun when you barely make a profit trying to set your prices cheap so "everyone" can afford it. Maxamps caters to a certain niche in the market, or target customer. If I can't justify spending that amount of cash then that's my choice. If customer X wants to spend big bucks then that is who will be Maxamp's customer and has been which is why they still exist as a lipo/battery vendor.

Obviously if they were not getting enough customers, then wouldn't they have packed up and closed shop YEARS ago?

Though I have no idea about how good or bad their quality is, as it has been mentioned above, you won't go whine to Lamborgini that their cars are too expensive because a Corvette or Subi WRX can go fast, so Lamborgini should lower their price to something you should be able to afford? Really?

One thing is right, I would be interested in seeing any kind of discharge data that compares Maxamps to Thunder Power or whatever other popular "quality" choices and see how they fair. That will speak for itself.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:29 AM
rc18junky

you right. but you know something if you were to take a brand new corvette c6 it Italy you could trade it for a Lamborghini a good bit of the price is shipping. corvettes there have the same wow factor as the Lamborghini here that's what i herd on motor week
Old 05-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Slo-V Flyer

High power brushless motors are so damn expensive. I wish so bad I could just afford 1 for my Summit and 1 for my Emaxx... but alas I only can afford Feigaos and used Medusa motors.

Curse you Steve Neu for making such an expensive motor! You really need to make it cost $90 so I can buy one and we can all afford them then you won't be out of business which I think you are already heading for with your outrageous $190-$300 motors!

Plettenberg you EVIL bastiges, and your BMW M3s and Bentleys and gold sequin pillows! How dare you charge $400 for a 1/8th scale brushless motor! You should make them cheaper so I can afford them and little billy down the block who mows lawns all summer long can get one for his Pede so he can wheelie using his 2s Turnigy lipos all day long. But I know Plettenberg, that your motors are no different than Ez-run and XE-run SL motors.. My Emaxx can run 30 mph on 3s with my Feigao motor.. and it only cost $80!!! How can you charge me $200-$300 for a Bolido! I want to go 40 mph and doo back flips dammit! Come on we know you're ripping people off! ONly the n00bs and rich people are buying from you! Hah! I have sources confirming that you're operating out of a barn in Yoddletown near Munich Germany...that would explain how I got some horse hair in my motor! Hah I thought you would have a full fledged factory with hazmat suits and maglev fork lifts... [:@] [:@] [:@]
Old 05-24-2010, 12:40 AM
rc18junky

well i tried to change the subject lol
Old 05-24-2010, 01:13 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only prob is i dont like waiting for a item to arrive from overseas when it possibly can be junk (asian batteries) quality is everything (i only got the ezrun combo cause it was theonly esc that has a program card i can find)I wish max amps offerd also some low amps batteries (around 25-40amp burst)
Old 05-24-2010, 01:25 AM
Haddi Taha

without tamiya i would might as well quit rc. All my cars are tamiya and they will always be
Old 05-24-2010, 02:38 AM
rymansl2

We're famous

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/rc-around-...rzone-edition/
Old 05-24-2010, 03:55 AM
Pecanpatch

ORIGINAL: Slo-V Flyer

High power brushless motors are so damn expensive. I wish so bad I could just afford 1 for my Summit and 1 for my Emaxx... but alas I only can afford Feigaos and used Medusa motors.

Curse you Steve Neu for making such an expensive motor! You really need to make it cost $90 so I can buy one and we can all afford them then you won't be out of business which I think you are already heading for with your outrageous $190-$300 motors!

Plettenberg you EVIL bastiges, and your BMW M3s and Bentleys and gold sequin pillows! How dare you charge $400 for a 1/8th scale brushless motor! You should make them cheaper so I can afford them and little billy down the block who mows lawns all summer long can get one for his Pede so he can wheelie using his 2s Turnigy lipos all day long. But I know Plettenberg, that your motors are no different than Ez-run and XE-run SL motors.. My Emaxx can run 30 mph on 3s with my Feigao motor.. and it only cost $80!!! How can you charge me $200-$300 for a Bolido! I want to go 40 mph and doo back flips dammit! Come on we know you're ripping people off! ONly the n00bs and rich people are buying from you! Hah! I have sources confirming that you're operating out of a barn in Yoddletown near Munich Germany...that would explain how I got some horse hair in my motor! Hah I thought you would have a full fledged factory with hazmat suits and maglev fork lifts... [:@] [:@] [:@]
Awesome post! Priceless even, LMAO

If you aint got no money take yo'broke ***** home
Old 05-24-2010, 04:16 AM
Haddi Taha

Slo-V-Flyer
yeah i should read everything first then post rather than posting a commet then realising i forget something, such an active thread.
Used NIMH for long time (going lipo cause NIMH sucks),not used to lipos,i thought that the Amps ment how much power it realises so i am safe using the 9T motor that came with the ESC.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:10 AM
rymansl2

ORIGINAL: Pecanpatch

Awesome post! Priceless even, LMAO

Really? Cocky much? Get off your high horse and realize that not everyone is made of money. You shouldn't have to be dripping cash to get into this hobby. Some people can't afford to spend 100-200 bucks on ONE battery. Doesn't mean everyone should buy cheap stuff, but it also doesn't mean that those people who can't afford it aren't worthy of being able to enjoy RC's. Seriously, get over yourself...
Old 05-24-2010, 06:24 AM
Pecanpatch

[quote]ORIGINAL: rymansl2

That was a joke....... a line from a Black eyed pea's song
Old 05-24-2010, 07:14 AM
Access

ORIGINAL: rc18junky
a Lipo 4200 3S 11.1V Flight Battery Pack is 174.99 a fair price would be 80.00 for a assembled in usa product i would pay that, the matching pack for hobbyking is 33.00 there over 5 times the price for the same 30c pack
The irony is that once upon a time a maxamps 4000 3s 11.1V was $94.99. At the time in 2007, considering the reasonable choices that were available then, this was a good price for a reasonable quality battery.

Show me any other brand where the 2010 cost is that much greater than the 2007 cost. I don't know how many people remember, but in 2007 prior to the +30% to +50% price jump, a lot more people online used them and liked them. They essentially traded word-of-mouth advertising for 'big-ticket' paid advertising. Today they have a non-proven product at a non-competitive price.

People who have been in this hobby any length of time should be able to acknowledge that word-of-mouth always trumps paid advertisements.

If he says he can't make money at $80. They were very sucessful in 2007 selling at $95. Where does that extra $50. go? At some point, they went from being a customer-driven company to a profit-driven company. I'm not saying the latter can't survive or even thrive. Just that at that time more reasonable buyers looked elsewhere for quality product at a reasonable price, ever since their price shift.

Maxamps is something of an anomaly in the modern market, they can't compete with the quality and performance of the top-end brands like Thunderpower (there is no test data out there that supports their claim of being 'the best') and they definitely can't compete in terms of competitive pricing.

And I honestly still don't understand why, if both sides want it, Brian can't test their packs in the future (or already has tested them in the past).
Old 05-24-2010, 07:24 AM
strtzpmp

would you pay $3.50 for a gallon of ice cream act the store...or would you but a gallon of ice cream next door in a garage for $30.00 becuase "its fresh" when using the same materials from the stores supplier? but the garages ice cream will not compare against the stores ice cream, they just say its deffinitly better and we use high quality materials....
Old 05-24-2010, 07:28 AM
redfisher1974

And I honestly still don't understand why, if both sides want it, Brian can't test their packs in the future (or already has tested them in the past).
Thats funny too, Brain said maxamps said NO to testing and Maxamps said that brain said No. So they cant seem to get that straight.

Any rich guys out there that will buy a pack and send it to Access or guver for testing, best to get one off the self rather then asking for one as you might get a hopped up version.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:20 AM
redfisher1974

Though I have no idea about how good or bad their quality is, as it has been mentioned above, you won't go whine to Lamborgini that their cars are too expensive because a Corvette or Subi WRX can go fast, so Lamborgini should lower their price to something you should be able to afford? Really?
That makes no sense at all, lambo's are better then vettes and thats proven, maxamps are not proven better then any other pack untill they do the testing etc.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:22 AM
rymansl2

That was a joke....... a line from a Black eyed pea's song

Gotcha. Next time use one of these or these so we get the sarcasm
Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 AM
plasma 327

Fella's
Maxamps is an American company wich is getting few and far between.. It matters not that business is in a garage or a home.
Microsoft started in a basement.. I spoke with Austin last evening and he is a true American.. He is gearhead and a RC nut just like us. He Loves American muscle cars, The American dream and is living it!! I have one of his Lipos coming and if it is as advertised(and I have feeling it will be) Maxamps will exclusively have my business.. I am a small business owner my self and the cost of business in America is inherently more expensive.
When at all possible, we all should support America.. We all wish we had money to burn but to have something great we all save for the purchase that is more expensive.. Most of the time is it worth the wait.. After speaking with austin I believe in him and I believe he has a high quality product.. I am excited to get the lipo form him.. Austin must be respected for joining Rcu and our discussion as it is out of the ordinary.. My hat is off to Austin...

God Speed

Chip
Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Lilredmachine

Actually, the lambo/vette comparison is pretty apt. The lambo is more expensive, built better and more desirable, but in actual testing will have it's ass handed back to itby the far cheaper, worse built vette. Get a zr1 and an lp640 murci on a track and the lambo will be left for dust in most situations. Other thing is, i america, vettes are common place, over here you might see 2 or 3 lambos a day, maybe one vette a month. Vettes are exotica outside of america.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:42 AM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: plasma 327

Fella's
Maxamps is an American company wich is getting few and far between.. It matters not that business is in a garage or a home.
Microsoft started in a basement.. I spoke with Austin last evening and he is a true American.. He is gearhead and a RC nut just like us. He Loves American muscle cars, The American dream and is living it!! I have one of his Lipos coming and if it is as advertised(and I have feeling it will be) Maxamps will exclusively have my business.. I am a small business owner my self and the cost of business in America is inherently more expensive.
When at all possible, we all should support America.. We all wish we had money to burn but to have something great we all save for the purchase that is more expensive.. Most of the time is it worth the wait.. After speaking with austin I believe in him and I believe he has a high quality product.. I am excited to get the lipo form him.. Austin must be respected for joining Rcu and our discussion as it is out of the ordinary.. My hat is off to Austin...

God Speed

Chip
Thats not the issue at all, Thats all great, The issue is the high price increase in the last three years and the lack of testing data and the run around about why they where not in the lipo shootout. Thats all, hats of to them for living the dream and so on.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:44 AM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

Actually, the lambo/vette comparison is pretty apt. The lambo is more expensive, built better and more desirable, but in actual testing will have it's ass handed back to itby the far cheaper, worse built vette. Get a zr1 and an lp640 murci on a track and the lambo will be left for dust in most situations. Other thing is, i america, vettes are common place, over here you might see 2 or 3 lambos a day, maybe one vette a month. Vettes are exotica outside of america.
Put that way it does make sense.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:45 AM
redfisher1974

Thanks for keeping me busy till my wife has our son[8D] today I hope.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:46 AM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

Go us!!Hows my hair look? And this thread got way off track.Can we go back to hating on maxamps and leave Neu and Chevy out of this?And id take a lambo over a vette anyday...Could be my hatred for chevy...Who knows
Old 05-24-2010, 09:52 AM
rc18junky

we can create a business model less call the company "rightamps" we can all do the research and see what we come up with. that would be a good way to get some numbers and see if we can produce lipo products cheaper who wants to help with the research
Old 05-24-2010, 09:54 AM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

we can create a business model less call the company ''rightamps'' we can all do the research and see what we come up with. that would be a good way to get some numbers and see if we can produce lipo products cheaper who wants to help with the research

I have a shed out back you guys can use to build em...My upstairs attack would make a great office space.And i have a spare room you can use as a shipping department.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:05 AM
rc18junky

ORIGINAL: qoisdhc oqina

we can create a business model less call the company ''rightamps'' we can all do the research and see what we come up with. that would be a good way to get some numbers and see if we can produce lipo products cheaper who wants to help with the research

I have a shed out back you guys can use to build em...My upstairs attack would make a great office space.And i have a spare room you can use as a shipping department.
ok look like we got our factory location well it be a 2 or 3 year lease

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.