Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official HPI E-10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 06:47 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI E-10 Thread

highly recomend the HPI shocks, thay are worth it. thay are the only shock ive seen that the length can be changed with out changing its range of motion, unlike every other shock where u can only shorten it by stoping the piston going down as far, reducing its motion range
the hpi shock offer a complete range of oils & springs, u could go crazy trying to fine tuning.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:18 PM
momogt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im ready to get some lipo,s for my e10 i have a cc sidewinder esc with a 13t trinity speed gem now but im gonna get a tacon 4300kv from hobbypartz.com 24.00 but would the e10 be able to handle a 11.1v 30c lipo for speed runs  i have built a mock dragstrip in my 3000sqft basement i like short speed runs and also would you recommend a higher or lower kv motor for what i want
Old 04-13-2010, 09:35 AM
vios8820

is there any option for e10 small gear ? that original black and plastic in the gear box... that connected with the large diff gear ? it would be sweet if there is option for it .. because i already striped mind twice with my 60A 5.5 Turn esc [X(]
Old 04-13-2010, 10:37 AM
momogt

i agree i stirp my front diff gear last night with a 13t brushed motor and a cc sidewinder esc
Old 04-13-2010, 06:02 PM
vios8820

i donno why HPI want to do this.. if the come out only the steel gear for that.. our e10 would be perfect... who volunteer to ask hpi ~
Old 04-13-2010, 07:33 PM
billdozer1983
My Feedback: (27)

I put a hpi flux in mying and that gear lasted 5 mins and all the bushings melted as well in the front and rear. i changed the bushings to bearings and that little black gear has not strippedyet knock on wood.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:07 PM
vios8820

yeap bearing is a must i change mine since day one ~
Old 04-14-2010, 12:17 AM
momogt

my little black gear stripped in the front
Old 04-14-2010, 05:30 AM
GeEzUs

Hi all, here is another daisy fresh rookie. I've always wanted to get into the hobby, I have friends with dual engine, turbocharged, cars/trucks everthing is on nitro. I got my first car HPI E10 Touring for about a month or two now. I converted it to "drift" because street/touring got boring the first time I used the car & I didn't see anything for converting to a drag car so drifting it is. I have the factory Lamborgini body I shortly after purschasing the car I got....

200mm Porsche 911 GT3 Body (still needs to be painted)
26mm Wheels & T-Drift tires (which I'm having a hard time mounting)
4500 mAh NiMH battery (because the factory 1500 Mah NiCd battery pissed me off with short life span and long charge times)

Right now on order I have coming....

Blue Aluminum Center Driveshaft
HPI Locked Differential for the rear
HPI One Way Differential for the front

I'm also planning...
HPI Aluminum Motor Mount
Blue Aluminum Dog Bones(driveshafts)
HPI DriftMeister 19T (what else would I need to make this work?)
After reading all 15 pages of this thread (Heatsink/Fan for the motor)

Is there anything else I can do to strengten the drivetrain before I try to do any power adders?
Old 04-16-2010, 11:48 AM
momogt

whats the difference between the e10 one way diff and the diff lock i have the diff lock in the rear of my e10
Old 04-16-2010, 02:12 PM
stuse10

ORIGINAL: Lawler

Hey is anyone using much of the yeah racing hop ups. If so can you throw up some photos of them installed

Thank you

hiya yh iv got some of the yeah racing hop up for the e10 and will post some pics soon, def worth it they are so much better!
Old 04-17-2010, 02:41 AM
GeEzUs

ORIGINAL: momogt

whats the difference between the e10 one way diff and the diff lock i have the diff lock in the rear of my e10
The diff lock is for the rear to evenly distribute power between the rear wheels, and the one way diff kinda does the same for the front. As far as I know they are not interchange.

***Edit***
My parts showed up while I was out of town, will install and get pics as my work schedule will allow.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Lawler

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

highly recomend the HPI shocks, thay are worth it. thay are the only shock ive seen that the length can be changed with out changing its range of motion, unlike every other shock where u can only shorten it by stoping the piston going down as far, reducing its motion range
the hpi shock offer a complete range of oils & springs, u could go crazy trying to fine tuning.
While yes they may be good but at $60 for 2 and the flex in the top mount for them dose more suspention than the standard shocks and springs

Old 04-17-2010, 11:41 PM
momogt

i just went brushless in my e10 its a tacon 4400kv motor with a cc sidewinder esc with a custom 8.4v nimh pack and this thing is fast i have a castle link with everything set low and 24t pinion it spends the tires and leave black skid marks on my basement floor 3 feet long if   i punch it  for 20.00 this motor is good i will get me a couple of more from hobbypartz.com to play around with i think i gonna go higher with the pinion to get rid of the spinning mybe a 30t
Old 04-22-2010, 02:34 AM
junki3

Hi! to everyone in this forum,

Just got into the Rc`ing as ahobby and decided to buy and e10 as friend had one.
In a week I`ve broken my budget on this thing...its like I`m addicted to hopping it up B)
I really enjoy both drifting and touring....as for the car i`ve heard its not that great so my aim is create one the BEST E10!!(with the help from you guys)

I have read most of this section but very breifly....I have some noob question I would like to ask...

First thing I did to the car was put in a 9t EZRUN Brushless system 4300KV. Now I have taken the pinion of the old stock motor and running on the stock spur....is this bad??? Do i need new pinions and spurs?? if so....what do you guys recmomend for my motors power?
I feel that the engine is getting hot quick or is that normal??

I just received some hop ups from yeah racing.....after reading this forum and understanding more I ordered both the front andback(lock)diffs today...

I plan to hop everthing and try to create the ultimate E10 drift and touring machine!

I`ll post some photos so you guys can tell me if i`m doing anything wrong....please be aware this is my first RC car ever...

Thank you too all in adavance and hope for your help thank you....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23064.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	1422629   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63847.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1422630  
Old 04-24-2010, 08:05 AM
phmaximus

nice work, cant wait to see the arms fitted (planing to get some too)

i think 4300kv is a bit much for the e10, but oh well... Because the motor has alot more torque i would recomend a yeah racing or HPI alloy motor mount, the stock one moves over time & if it is not correctly maintained will wear the spur gear excessivly fast, so intill replaced keep checking the gear mesh (after a while u get to know what it should sound like, this will makes mesh adjustment heaps faster)

Its fine to re-use the gears if thay are in a serviceable condition

How hot is the motor getting?? im running a 3900kv on a 24t pinion & it gets hot but not enuff to burn skin, if its really hot try a yeah racing fan. Looking at ur car the fan & heat sink will easly fit because u have the reciver nice & close to the motor, so the wires should reach

my only point would be, is to try & get the HPI swaybars & HPI Shocks (most noticable upgrade, apart from brushless) alloy arms are not a very good bang for buck upgrade
Old 04-24-2010, 09:22 AM
momogt

will adding a front 1 way diff limit your cars turnining radius or will it turn better i already have the rear diff lock ,but junki3 the alloy motor mount is my best upgrade other then brushless

Old 04-25-2010, 01:13 AM
junki3

yeah 4300kv is alot but i never use the full throttle when drifting....say that,its alway nice give it a hit!! power is amazing!

F**k!!!! problem after problem now!....I actually dohavethe alloy motor mount however I was trying to take the pinion of the motor and I`ve somehow stipped the allen key to loosen the pinion. any tips?!?

I don`t want to say that yeah racing parts are **** quality but some of there allen key bolts are strippingso easily.....its pissing me off..could it be me that ruining the bolts lol.....and I wish they provide some information on how to putparts and what parts are for what....I`m just basically looking at pictures of the actual hop up and going from there....

Its been a stressful 2 days but its coming along!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:05 AM
momogt

the stock pinion had lock tight or somthing on it i did the same thing but when i got some new pinions i just got a pack of allen screws.my brushless motor is a tacon 4420kv with a sidewinder esc im useing a 8.4v nimh pack with a 30t pinion and this thing is fast i have a 2s lipo 5000mah i havent used yet and a 11.1v on the way i like straight line racing or drag racing but alot say this car cant handle alot of power but i say they are wrong it will handle alot off power it depends on the driver but car looks like a pro mod dragster
Old 04-25-2010, 08:29 AM
phmaximus

agreed thay need instructions, ya gonna have to drill the pinion retainer screw out & get a hole new pinion gear.
just check ur allen keys, thay need to be the metric ones (i think)

dont think its that the car cant handle the power, it just makes it very hard to drive.
as u would know in touring mode the throttle controll in neer imposible to get consistant with a 3000kv++++ brushed motor on 11.1v, but its good for speed runs
Old 04-25-2010, 12:08 PM
momogt

sense i lock the rear in my e10 in touring mode the little black diff gear keeps striping if i convert over to drift with the rear loced would this help im not running lipo yet but i have a modded 8.4v pack to fit the car i have everything set low on my sidewinder esc maybe that cheap tacon 4420 brushless puttig out alot more power then you would think right now i have a 30t pinion should i go down or up on the gears the motor and esc doesnt get hot at all
Old 04-27-2010, 01:20 PM
hladik2142

Last year I was running the hell out of my r/c 10 gt, but that was in the summer. After winter hit I still wanted to keep racing but didn't have a car. I picked up an E10 from a hobby shop in Naperville, IL. I have smashed it pretty good, but haven't broken a thing. The car is still set for drift and right now my son cant keep up with me on the street. I'm soon going to change it to racing with a bigger motor plus I have beaten the body quite badly. I found a 1970 cuda body. Gonna make a 1/10th scale muscle car. No Fords, no Chevy's, MOPAR all the way...........With a touch of hpi. lol
Old 04-27-2010, 09:41 PM
junki3

hi guys....

Just finished the front end of the car...finally got all the hop ups on.....except the motor mount....It seem i`ve mis placed the screws... I got a new 24 teeth pinion to up from the original...going to the hobby shop now to see if they have screws......getting suspension soon! can`t wait!!

here are some photos...

Thanks for all the helpful replies!

Andy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20015.jpg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1426681   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15673.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1426682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg92964.jpg
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1426683  
Old 04-28-2010, 08:19 AM
GeEzUs

That's a nice looking car.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:47 AM
FireFrenzy

who makes that alu steering rack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.