Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI Baja Buggy!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 11:36 AM
radio_controlled_mad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Baja Buggy!!!!

ORIGINAL: kengentry5000

Please dear God someone put a bullet in the brain of this thread before we ALL go nuts.

Buy the freakin Baja, don't buy it. I think we have sufficently beat the crap out of this topic. Let's move on to driver reviews when the &$* car comes out!

Ken

well said ^^^^^
Old 11-16-2005, 11:47 AM
TurtleRacing

Are your lips still FLAPPIN??? All I hear is wind!!
Old 11-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Mad Wax

Yes Turtle has built his own buggy, RCM has not but got lots of money into several RC cars so probably has a more valid opinion than someone was has never used or owned a large scale car. When something breaks on our cars we then think "hmm this could have been better" such as the open gearing, standard plastic diff, stock ABS Marder body, servo proximity to pipe on Leopard, exposed pipe on Marder- so we can spot possible weaknesses in new designs and ways to improve them. Just because you built full size buggy doesn't mean the same design principles apply.

Strange how I noticed the weak looking suspension arms and lack of space for braking servos on the Baja pre-production.

For example the Touring car/Leopard RC plate is probably one of the best designs out there. In stock config it will fit two quarter scale servos plus a standard for T/B, plus another standard for front brakes. The receiver could be moved to another location and even another servo could be mounted, perhaps differential front & rear braking system. Because the Baja looks so tight around the RC area perhaps only two servos can be used (one steering, one brake) and not at least two quarter scale for steering (ie two Rhinos)
Old 11-16-2005, 11:52 AM
TurtleRacing

You explain to me why it is that people that are curious about this vehicle can't come here & discuss it without all the bs,none of it valid. We should be able to talk about this vehicle in peace,but every HPI thread ever has been plagued by this bag of WIND.All TALK, Nousefulness whatsoever.IT"LL NEVER WORK,reminds me of that old cartoon character!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 11:53 AM
TurtleRacing

Oh great!! Now the other NAYSAYER is back, Whine,whine,whine,would you like some cheese to go with that whine????
Old 11-16-2005, 11:55 AM
radio_controlled_mad

dont rise to the bait madwax - he rather flame and cause trouble,none of his post are r/c related or constructive - does the hpi baja more harm than good,i think hpi would rather get feedback to see what areas could be improved on from people that actually own and drive and put stupid money into these models.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:04 PM
TurtleRacing

Was that a tornado or is the lips a flappin again????
Old 11-16-2005, 12:12 PM
USABaja5B

I think the big problem is you put stupid money into your Large Scales. With the Baja being ready to run at only $900, that will bring alot of people into the hobby for less money. Good or Bad, its going to happen. Then, all of us Baja people can go to a forum for the Baja only and leave you guys alone.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:15 PM
radio_controlled_mad

Old 11-16-2005, 12:18 PM
TurtleRacing

HALLALLUYA BROTHER!!!! The more $$$$ I spend the smarter it makes me!!!! I spent $6000 on a TOY & now I know it all!!!! I R so sart,mart, fart ,,@@@$$$$###$@$#^%!! I can't spell it but I can put it together!!!!! $5 an hour!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 12:26 PM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

I for one would not want the Baja owners to go away from this forum. It's just all the hype and 'back and forth' stuff that is driving me nuts. Until someone actually takes delivery of this car and puts up real pictures and commentary of first-hand experiences with the car, the Baja is just another 'vaporware' type product. I believe HPI will try in earnest to ship it on time and in volume to those who have ordered the car. It's just that all this thread is doing is fueling heated exchanges based on photos and videos from the manufacturer. I have worked on 'vaporware' type product teams before in other industries and can say from first-hand development experience - It ain't real and is not worth all the teeth-gnashing going on here until the product ships (in quantity) to those who have pre-ordered.

Let's just wait and see what real owners have to show us early next year. I for one CAN wait on this discussion.

Ken
Old 11-16-2005, 12:32 PM
TurtleRacing

If the people that like the baja want to discuss it they should be able to without somebody telling how stupid we are for buying something that hasn't been tried!! There always has to be somebody trying the first ones or nothing would ever sell,not even your precious FG! All I'm sayin is if you don't like it & you are just going to consistently put it down then why not go talk to other people about something else & leave it alone. We have put our moneyu down on this & have high hopes for it & none of us need some half wit donothing calling us stupid!
Old 11-16-2005, 12:42 PM
radio_controlled_mad

Old 11-16-2005, 12:49 PM
HeatFire

What if it's "stupid" to buy the first version?
someone allways have to be the "stupid" one to buy it.. ppl buy first versions of cars.. they aint stupid? nobody thinks about this when they buy car..
it's not like the baja gonna be HPIs first car..
if you wanna know if it should be so-so or okej or suck... check the other HPI stuff i think that mostly of their trucks and cars seems good the savage is really nice
i really hope that it will be big in europe to and what says that HPI or some ither 3rd part company aint gonna make a new servotray??
and this HPI stuff will probebly bring more giant scale guys hooray
Old 11-16-2005, 12:49 PM
TurtleRacing

first off moron,I'm not the only 1 moving!! second,u'd better becarefull pointing out downfalls in the FG,it'll get you crusified here!!!There has been absolutely nothing helpfull or wise to anything you have said,nothing!! I meet idiots like you everyday that think they know everything & how if it's worked for 15 years then don't change it,it's plain ignorant & you prove it everytime you hit the keyboard! You are the definition of ignorance!! Your picture is next to the word in the dictionary
Old 11-16-2005, 12:52 PM
HPI Staff

ORIGINAL: radio_controlled_mad

why build a offroader that you cant fit a tuned pipe from the start or hydro / cable brakes OF ANY MAKE or run extra servos ect,as well as the engine position - changing these to accomadate these parts would not compromised the design what so ever but it does give hpi the monopoly on all the option parts dont it- i have had a look at the 100 pics you suggested on the hpi website,99% of them is close up on purple nuts and bolts and other anodised wotnots,i prob will sell well and as it does look cosmeticly good- i noticed you read the posts but are very selective on what you answer and pick up on - when i made the tamiya remark i also commented about the brakes,engine & servo tray,i dont see you answering that in a hurry - £750 and it comes with a chung yuang engine - bargain

"fur coat and no knickers"
I already said that we will have a tuned pipe and brakes, and as you can see from the video the Baja 5B has excellent power and brakes in completely stock form. There are already companies making option parts and others who will start as soon as they get one. HPI will definitely not have a monopoly on the option parts. Actually, we encourage other companies to make parts for our vehicles because it adds variety for consumers.

Our web page for the Baja 5B has views from nearly every angle, I'm not sure why you think that 99% are close-ups of nuts and bolts. If you have a request for something specific that we haven't shown yet, let me know and I'll try to add more photos.

$900 and it comes with engine, FM radio with heavy-duty servo and failsafe, 2000mah receiver pack, AC charger, viscous differential, beadlock wheels, 4mm alloy chassis, preassembled, painted body, water resistant servos and radio box, threaded alloy coilover shocks, realistic looks - bargain indeed.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:52 PM
radio_controlled_mad

Old 11-16-2005, 12:56 PM
USABaja5B

I had a 74 mustang once. Now that was stupid.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:57 PM
radio_controlled_mad

Old 11-16-2005, 12:59 PM
wyattroa

all anyone can say is that it looks good! you have no place to say that it will do bad either, you bad mouth it, yet have never run it. my point and if you didnt catch that in my rant is to give it time to develope. you act as if FG came out over night with everything on it, that it is the same and nothing has changed on it since it first came out. you really need to just relax about this..god forbid people over seas pay more money for a model finally, you guys never complained when we are paying for then you for all the parts and cars...you might say the price is closer then one would think take in shipping costs too!.

robert
well put your money were your mouth is and buy it - its that simple,makes me laugh how people are putting there hands up to throwing cash on a model that aint even released, yes its new welcome addition but if hpi spent more time on the large scale tracks instead of trying to outdo other makes of large scale in the looks department they would of got it right 1st time and its not a buisness they have time & money to develop - there is already companys out there getting it right - you seen the price of savage options!! do you think there large scale part pacific options are going to be any cheaper for the baja....what parts do you like on the baja that justifys the £750 price tag - a vicous diff and what else!!!!! its funny the pro baja members cant even name the parts on it or what there getting for there money...or why the engine placement,lack of servo space,pipes is a good idea!!!

the give it a chance remark doesnt put £750 back in your bank if the model fails or you cant get the options/parts quite as easy as you think - my posts are based on observations - other posts are to cause trouble,and theres even posts to get on the baja gravy train - i have nothing to gain either way.the only comments i see is it looks good and i agree - but is bright colours and a few anodised bits enough
Old 11-16-2005, 01:01 PM
radio_controlled_mad

Old 11-16-2005, 01:07 PM
TurtleRacing

Whatever happened to resting your case & leaving,why are you here? what have you contributed? still nothing. If I did a poll on how many people that have already put there $$$ on a HPI wants you to shut up & leave, it would shut the forum down!!!Oh,I'm sorry,AREYOU STILL HERE????
Old 11-16-2005, 01:10 PM
radio_controlled_mad

sorry to dissapoint you turtle but some of us are having a adult conversation,and the way your acting is going to have the thread shut down very soon - which kinda spoils it for every one,im certain other potential hpi buyers would like answers questioned as well as myself.take what ever poll you like - what ever floats your boat.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:15 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLBLAH BLAH BLAHABLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLBLAH BLAH BLAHAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH
Old 11-16-2005, 01:16 PM
wyattroa

aslo you mean to say shipping cost the same for both of us? ok then dont buy the hpi, thats the bottom line. im just to the point where if it isnt a leopard in your book then it isnt good...it took time for the leopard to become what it has, this doesnt happen over night. and i love the shock setup on the HPI, they seem very well mounted and also seem to soak up the bumps well, i like how the shocks are threaded, i love how the gears come with a cover, i like how the pipe goes out the back keeps the car balanced more instead of having it hang to one side, the protective plastic under body to protect the aluminum chassis and screws, take out 6 pins and the radio box comes out, i like how the filter is in the FRONT, less chance of it clogging and better air flow to it, i like the wider and longer wheels base for more stability. would you like more?
robert

can you give something more constructive than "it looks good"

edit - by the way we pay in the uk the SAME for fg and all other makes of cars as what you pay in the usa - germany is the only country that has it good on that front,

hpi are chargeing 60%+ more for the baja in the uk compared to the usa $1700 aposed to $900

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.