Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Walo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gooseF22
Correct sir.. except do not enable failsafe in the receiver... put some function on the 16th channel you can live without if it were to blank out for a couple secs.. Failsafe should only be set up in the Cbox, on a CB200 setup.. not in the receivers... very important..

If you enable failsafe in any SAT receivers, in any setup, you could have the receivers telling lies to the xbox or servo driver rx, and it would not know it.. This is mega important!!
Ok, I will switch Failsave off. Good to know!

Right now for the programming I have two sattellites and one R3 Switch connected to the CB200. But I've not yet decided if I want to fly in this configuration because it's a big and expensive model. Do you think I can rely 100% on the Switch? Somwhere I read that you can switch it only, when you are close to the Receiver (5 meters). Is that true? How is it done? Something like a clone mode?

Regards, Walter
Old 04-13-2014, 08:23 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Walo
Ok, I will switch Failsave off. Good to know!

Right now for the programming I have two sattellites and one R3 Switch connected to the CB200. But I've not yet decided if I want to fly in this configuration because it's a big and expensive model. Do you think I can rely 100% on the Switch? Somwhere I read that you can switch it only, when you are close to the Receiver (5 meters). Is that true? How is it done? Something like a clone mode?

Regards, Walter
Walter... I am using both an RCSW and R3/RSW in my jets as a switch.. It works very well. The range is about 5 meters. I'm not sure about the exact mechanism of communication.. I also know that if it fails it fails open... That is if turned on and you disconnect the RC switch the system remains on...

I have mine on a locking switch so I will not flip it by accident... Even if you do it will still ask you to confirm..

Enjoy, David
Old 04-15-2014, 12:08 PM
martinan

Just curious. I didn't see this in mentioned in the thread, but is Jeti considering adding a second transmitter battery to add to the redundancy? I know that battery failure is rare, but the additional battery on a separate circuit would cover all angles as far as redundancy goes.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:21 PM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by martinan
Just curious. I didn't see this in mentioned in the thread, but is Jeti considering adding a second transmitter battery to add to the redundancy? I know that battery failure is rare, but the additional battery on a separate circuit would cover all angles as far as redundancy goes.
No need, all Jeti radios are using 2P battery pack. Redundancy is already built in, worst case scenario you get 50% capacity what is still over 4 hours of running.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 04-15-2014, 04:06 PM
LA jetguy

We all need one of these to charge our transmitter on the way to flying field... or at the field...

Attached Images  
Old 04-15-2014, 06:50 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
We all need one of these to charge our transmitter on the way to flying field... or at the field...

It will also charge just fine, but slower with a USB power supply from your cig lighter.. I charge mine overnight using the usb for a slower charge.. the 12volt is fast and very convenient as well..

The other day I plugged it into my laptop and robbed a charge from the laptop.. Very flexible system. ya!!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:46 AM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Hi guys,

Well, mine arrived today, looks great. Impressive how small CBox and receivers are...

So should i start updating using my mac or my PC? I have the USB for receiver as well.

I have been reading but to say I understand exactly what to do now would be a stretch.

I have a magnetic switch, two r3 receivers and a cbox200. I am going to install in my F16. I am still not sure which wing type will work best (?butterfly) ?

I know I need to update things first so I will tackle that and then try to setup the cb200 and the r3 stuff.

Charging right now, was 23% on arrival.

I am going to read the CB stuff, there was not much about it in the 140 page manual that I read last weekend..

Thanks,
Dave
Old 04-16-2014, 03:11 PM
REDBULL FRANCE

Just For Fun Full Jeti And JetsMunt
CB 200 x 2 RSAT,RC Switch
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeti.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	1987571  
Old 04-16-2014, 04:31 PM
LA jetguy

Hi Dave,

Congratulations on your Jeti System.... After your transmitter is fully charged (solid green and red lights) you can update the software on your transmitter to 2.22 (should be able to download that from esprit site). After you have done that you should upgrade the R3 receivers to 3.20 (also from Esprit site).. There is a possibility that the R3 receivers have been upgraded prior to shipping..

Then you need to bind each of the R3 to your transmitter under the model you would like to use (I send Joe a detail instruction on that and i think he passed it on to you). The butterfly screen (you mentioned) comes into use to setup flaps or especially a crow setup... you may not need that in an F16.

Send me a PM with you cell number I can walk you through setup and get you going...

PS. Joe from Northfield will be back in shop on Friday and he is an expert by now...

David
Old 04-16-2014, 06:02 PM
gooseF22

Dave, Congrats!!.. Follow Dave's guidance above.. he knows the system very well..

The software is PC based, but it works just fine on my Windows XP emulator on the Mac as well.. I use Parallels..

For the F-16, you will need to decide if you want tailerons, ailerons, or both..

Some guys use tailerons for takeoff and landing and ailerons for flight..

That will be done via flight modes, so you can make 2 or 3 flight modes.. One is default, but you can add as many as you like.. Then all functions will be built around those flight modes.. I haven't flown my big F-16, so I don't have a program already built...

What you should do is load up your sound files, and make a dummy load, and play with it a bit until you get the switches saying what you want, such as hi/lo rates etc...gear up, gear down.. there are a ton of sound files out there.. we can send some if you need, or you can get your own..

Then set the radio up on a trojan or something like that, and play with it to get used to the programming.. its function driven, not output driven

Then when you bind up the central box stuff, plug that in your trojan, and rebind it, and fly it.. this will give you confidence in your system.. I just stuck an A123 with a multiplex on mine, and pulled the power wire from my ESC, and flew the crap out of the trojan with my first jet receivers and CB in it,

When you are ready, use that as a basis to copy and begin to set up the jets.. Make all your switchology the same.. this tx allows a smorgasbord so pick a method.. I elected to kinda follow my JR switches in the early days for ease of changeover, but that didn't last long...much more flexibility..

thats a good start.. best o luck, welcome to the jeti fam..
Old 04-16-2014, 09:01 PM
gooseF22

For Projet Hornet III ECU used on some of the Wren and Behotec turbines, as well as some european turbines..

There may be other ways, but this setup enables the ability to use failsafe on ECU, and keeps the pesky alarm from coming..
Also these settings will give you a pretty linear response.. 50% pulse width in the ECU hits at mid stick.. you can curve it from there if desired

We have had issues with almost every transmitter setting up a wide enough pulse width delta on the projet..

1. throttle cut function set to -135% in the advance properties menu
I use throttle cut for trim low, throttle low

2. Servo settings:
Subtrim +80%
Max Positive +65%
Max Negative -100%
Max positive Limit +100%
Max negative limit -100%

3. Failsafe setting in CB200 or Rx to (-125%)
If you don't want failsafe to kick in the ECU failsafe, but simply shut it down, set failsafe to -100%...

Test it by unplugging the antennas from the CB.or turning off tX while its idling to check.. it all happens fast..

On GSU: Trim low, stick low showed 4050 pulses and 1.0 ms
Trim up, stick low showed 4587 pulses and 1.1 ms
Trim Up, Stick up showed 7532 pulses and 1.9 ms
failsafe, it said F/S, beeped..

Will run motor soon to make absolutely sure.

cheers
Goose

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-16-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:56 PM
gooseF22

I borrowed this from one of the guys

If you make a sound file of your model name, it will play that when you select that model or power up to it..

DS-16 Power On Says Current Model Name (F5) or New Model Name (F3)

1. Go to Main Menu/Advanced Properties/Sequencer, note sequencer switch is Q1.
2. Press 3D to enter edit row, press 3D to edit Switch field 1, push F1 Log.
3. Rotate Selector left to move up to highlight Select Input Control “Log. MAX”, push F5Ok to accept.
4. Push F5 OK to exit Select Input Control, rotate Selector to highlight field 2 Time,
5. Press 3D and change Value to 1.5 s, Do not hit F5 Ok, press 3D to exit edit field 2, donot edit field 3.
6. Leave field 3 Value at 0% Press Esc to exit row edit.
7. Rotate Selector right to move down to highlight Advanced, press 3D to edit Advancedfeatures.
8. Press 3D to enter Label name, edit enter: “Pwr On”, push F5 Ok to accept name.
9. Do not change any other values, push F5 Ok to exit Advance.
10. Push F3 + to add sequence switch Q1 (Very Important Step), push F5 Ok to exitSequencer.

11. Rotate Selector left to highlight Sounds on Event, press 3D, push F3 Add, press 3Dto edit row.
12. Press 3D to edit field 1 Switch Name, press F3 A/B, highlight Q1 Pwr On 0%, pushF5 Ok to select.

13. Push F5 Ok to accept and exit Select Input Control, rotate Selector right to edit field2 File Name.
14. There are 20 wave files per display page arranged alphabetically, looking for: LHabu2.wav – “Habu 2 Sport Jet”.

15. Rotate Selector left to highlight “>>” , push F5 Ok to display page 2 of wave files.16. Rotate Selector left to highlight “>>” , push F5 Ok to display page 3 of wave files.17. Rotate Selector left to highlight “>>” , push F5 Ok to display page 4 of wave files.18. Rotate Selector to find and highlight file: L Habu2.wav, push F5 Ok, display back onedit fields.
19. Push F5 Ok to return to Advanced Properties menu, Esc, Esc to Main Display.20. Test by powering off transmitter. Turn on transmitter and hear name of loadedaircraft.
There is a bonus to this trick.
a. She will say the current loaded model on power on with F5.
b. She will say the new loaded model on power on with F3.
c. After power on, loading a new model from the menu will say its name.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:14 PM
LA jetguy

Thanks Goose... It's a great feature... It's one of the constant features of my "Blank Template model" like my flight modes... Works real nice...
Old 04-19-2014, 04:39 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For Projet Hornet III ECU used on some of the Wren and Behotec turbines, as well as some european turbines..

There may be other ways, but this setup enables the ability to use failsafe on ECU, and keeps the pesky alarm from coming..
Also these settings will give you a pretty linear response.. 50% pulse width in the ECU hits at mid stick.. you can curve it from there if desired

We have had issues with almost every transmitter setting up a wide enough pulse width delta on the projet..

1. throttle cut function set to -135% in the advance properties menu
I use throttle cut for trim low, throttle low

2. Servo settings:
Subtrim +80%
Max Positive +65%
Max Negative -100%
Max positive Limit +100%
Max negative limit -100%

3. Failsafe setting in CB200 or Rx to (-125%)
If you don't want failsafe to kick in the ECU failsafe, but simply shut it down, set failsafe to -100%...

Test it by unplugging the antennas from the CB.or turning off tX while its idling to check.. it all happens fast..

On GSU: Trim low, stick low showed 4050 pulses and 1.0 ms
Trim up, stick low showed 4587 pulses and 1.1 ms
Trim Up, Stick up showed 7532 pulses and 1.9 ms
failsafe, it said F/S, beeped..

Will run motor soon to make absolutely sure.

cheers
Goose
Hi Goose,

I don't have a Projet ECU but I most certainly find the finer points of ECU setups interesting so looking at your setup has raised a couple of questions, which since I currently only use Xicoy and Jetcat ECUs may have obvious answers.

Since you have your shut down trip point set to -100% for normal shut down and failsafe at -125% to trigger ECU failsafe, won't your throttle cut setting of -135% always be indicated as an ECU failsafe ? If you used your throttle cut when doing the equivalent of Jetcats Teach RC command will a failsafe of -125% actually trigger the ECU failsafe. this would seem to be the case since the ECUs I'm familiar with want the failsafe setting to be outside the range learned during Teach RC..

Also, it appears by the amount of sub-trim and smaller Max positive end point that you are trying to ensure that you have a 1500us pulse width at the half stick position. Is that really important? Won't the Projet ECU simply take the low throttle high trim and high throttle high trim points and calculate a linear throttle curve based on those points as the Xicoy and Jetcat ECUs do ? Or does the Projet not have the equivalent of Teach RC and you are trying to match the radio to some hard coded pulse widths that match full throttle low throttle, trim up and low throttle trim down?

Not trying to pick apart your setup but I often get involved with helping friends with their radio setups and should I encounter a Projet ECU I'd like to know what I'm dealing with.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:02 AM
gooseF22

wayne,
good questions.. I just checked my GSU..just applies to projet.. the xicoy and jet cat are not as sensitive it appears

throttle cut of 135% is actually 135% * ATV 65%, so it actually gets you to OFF display about -88%. - Just verified on my GSU

For Failsafe: its different ratio.. I had to play with it.. Its 125% actual throw..

It took me a few hours to find the magic settings.. I even measured my old JR to be sure.. we had to set its sub trim up too, and throw to 145 back when..

I started with the sub trim at zero, and the throws to 75%, which is what Jims Jetcats have in them, with 125% failsafe.. then had to raise the sub trim and lower the cut until it worked by 5% at a time..Like I said, there may be another way,

As far as 1500 at mid stick, you are right, doesn't apply.. It looks at low and high, and applies a linear curve.

the 65% is there so there is no dead spot at the top.. thats why its 65%.. Otherwise you get about 6 clicks at the top where no throttle movement is there.. additionally, I needed to see a larger spread from low to idle.. the project needs some larger PW increase.. all it does is alarm, it doesn't tell you why..

My pulse final widths are

thr low, trim low - 1056 - -88%
thr low, trim high - 1202 - -59%
full the, trim high - 2000 - 100%
failsafe returns something around 900.. haven't measured that actual output.

If anyone comes up with an easier projet setup, please post it - I will try it out.. we are all learning here.. ..

Added: today I ran the turbine with the settings above uneventfully..

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-19-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:55 PM
gooseF22

Ok, I ran across something interesting for you Mac computer guys.. I saw something in the other thread and I looked in my radio..

I had been using the Mac side to copy files into the transmitter, and I was noting that some of my sound files were not showing up when I was looking for them.. I have about 200 sound files..

about 150 were showing up..

I mounted the transmitter on Windows XP in Parallels, copied all the sound files to a directory, then copied them back to the radio..

Walla, all sound files showed up.. something in the Mac structure was causing issues.. FYI..

Moral of the story: Do all your loading with Windows or Parallels w Windows, not mac..

Goose
Old 04-19-2014, 05:52 PM
mort78
My Feedback: (1)

Ok, I ran across something interesting for you Mac computer guys.. I saw something in the other thread and I looked in my radio..

I had been using the Mac side to copy files into the transmitter, and I was noting that some of my sound files were not showing up when I was looking for them.. I have about 200 sound files..

about 150 were showing up..

I mounted the transmitter on Windows XP in Parallels, copied all the sound files to a directory, then copied them back to the radio..

Walla, all sound files showed up.. something in the Mac structure was causing issues.. FYI..

Moral of the story: Do all your loading with Windows or Parallels w Windows, not mac..

Goose

Morning Goose,
Yeah, I had that drama about a month ago. Tried loading all the sound files from Jeti's website to my friends transmitter as he only has a MAC. I ended up taking his DS16 to my place as I use Parallels on my Mac. I apologise for not posting my findings up here. Will do in the future if anything like that pops up!

Second thing.... Is there a way to get the telemetry to 'refresh' quicker? I have the MGPS, and notice the speed updates fine, just quite slow. We were flying my 70in Yak 54 around, testing all our gear, but noticed the update/refresh rate on the MGPS was quite slow. I have it connected to the CB200.

Cheers & beers,
Mort
Old 04-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Pepperpete

Guys I've run into a problem and I'm stumped. I am using the gyro menu for my cortex and I'm using the "7" knob to adjust the "finetuning" of the gain. I go into the gyro menu, select the 7 for the fine tune and then exit. It works great for gain adjustment. The problem I'm having is that the minute I turn off the radio and turn it on again, it doesn't save my settings for the 7 knob and it removes the 7 knob from the fine tune menu. So I have to go through all the steps every single time and re-setup the 7 knob as the finetune again. It's beyond frustrating and is the only problem I've encountered so far.

Any ideas?
Old 04-19-2014, 09:33 PM
mort78

Pepperpete,
After your post, I went into my setting to check if mine had done the same. It HAD.
I also tried creating a new model to see whether it was an isolated issue. It did the same on that new model also.

The only logical reason (in my opinion) the software was setup like this would be because they would expect you to finish the flight, then take those gain settings and make them fixed in the gyro or in our case (Cortex), by setting the servo travel to the figure you got for the gain, from the gyro screen. In my example, -38%, which corresponds to the 'Bank 1' of the Cortex.

The one good thing though about the current setup is, once you assign that switch (P7 in your case) and do your flight, you would have adjusted the gain for optimum settings. Then when you shut down your aircraft, and turned your transmitter off, those settings are now fixed already. I tested that as well. That way, you don't need to worry about whether the switch has been moved after your initial flight and the gain is too much/too little. It will be exactly as you left it.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:09 PM
gooseF22

No guys, it should save the tuning knob..

Here is what I did:

For test flights, I went into Function menu and set up p8 knob as the control for gyro gain, then set 60% as the gain setting in gyro page, with the knob fully rotated.. so it gave me a variable gain between 0 and 60%, I didn't use the tuning function.. you could go to 100%

Then once I set my "base" gain.... call it 50% for me

Went into functions and set Gain control it to my flight mode switch
Went into Gyro, changed it to S mode from global
Entered three gain settings with knob fully rotated for each flight mode.. cruise 50%, T/O 55%, and Land 60%..
Then for each one, I loaded the opposite of it in the tuning menu with the p8 knob.. -50, -55, -60
then I set up p8 for it to alarm me if its not full when I select the model..

I use p8 instead of p7 because I can hit it with my thumb and not let go of the sticks. I use p7 as a volume knob, and if I rotate it fully left, it asks me if I want to reset my CBox

so cool

So if I have a situation where the gyro goes stupid, I just rotate p8 to left and no gain in any mode, any condition..

I tested this concept on my trojan first, and it has such slow servos, in a big wind, the gyro will cause the funky chicken sometimes in a gust because it reacts, but the plane is so slow to react.. so I just lower the gain, but if I crank it full right, it goes back to my base settings.. I have been flying it like this lately..

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-19-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:52 PM
mort78

Oh Goose, I like that function you have with regards to resetting the CB.
How did you set that up? I also have my sound set on P7.
Cheers mate
Old 04-20-2014, 04:50 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wayne,
good questions.. I just checked my GSU..just applies to projet.. the xicoy and jet cat are not as sensitive it appears

throttle cut of 135% is actually 135% * ATV 65%, so it actually gets you to OFF display about -88%. - Just verified on my GSU

For Failsafe: its different ratio.. I had to play with it.. Its 125% actual throw..

It took me a few hours to find the magic settings.. I even measured my old JR to be sure.. we had to set its sub trim up too, and throw to 145 back when..

I started with the sub trim at zero, and the throws to 75%, which is what Jims Jetcats have in them, with 125% failsafe.. then had to raise the sub trim and lower the cut until it worked by 5% at a time..Like I said, there may be another way,

As far as 1500 at mid stick, you are right, doesn't apply.. It looks at low and high, and applies a linear curve.

the 65% is there so there is no dead spot at the top.. thats why its 65%.. Otherwise you get about 6 clicks at the top where no throttle movement is there.. additionally, I needed to see a larger spread from low to idle.. the project needs some larger PW increase.. all it does is alarm, it doesn't tell you why..

My pulse final widths are

thr low, trim low - 1056 - -88%
thr low, trim high - 1202 - -59%
full the, trim high - 2000 - 100%
failsafe returns something around 900.. haven't measured that actual output

If anyone comes up with an easier projet setup, please post it - I will try it out.. we are all learning here.. ..

Added: today I ran the turbine with the settings above uneventfully..
Thanks for the detailed answers to my questions. Not thinking about the throttle cut being affected by the end points where the fail-safe which is set directly on the receiver isn't is what confused me. Thanks again for the good info.. . At elast you know someone is interested and paying attention
Old 04-20-2014, 05:33 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by mort78
Oh Goose, I like that function you have with regards to resetting the CB.
How did you set that up? I also have my sound set on P7.
Cheers mate

device explorer.. then go into the central box, and look in min/max.. there is a selector spot that lets you assign a switch.. just have the p7 rotated all the way right before.. then use the standard selector window..
Old 04-20-2014, 05:58 AM
gooseF22

Happy Easter everyone!!..Up here in the midwest, the weather is finally getting sweet..launch the fleet!!

Well, a buddy of mine didn't have the time to invest to learn the new receiver and transmitter.. He loved the capability, and was impressed with what it can do.. Of course, I am bummed he won't get the pleasure of this transmitter (just yet...), but oh well, someone had to buy it from him.. Now I have 2....

The comment to me was however, there are a bunch of jet guys watching us and seeing how this setup is going to perform.. a lot of other manufacturers are emulating the capability..

Jeti is out front, staying out front, and is very responsive to its field representatives.. If a problem pops up, with your input out there, our team leadership can get us directly with the developer and if needed the actual person doing the coding or development.. That is something I have never encountered in my years of doing this stuff for a radio manufacturer..

So if you are reading this, and you are on the fence.. keep checking it out.. us guys are loving this system.. To all the family out there.. keep asking questions.. this forum is dedicated to improving our knowledge of how this thing works, and how to set it up for jets..

I do want to point out RCJets63 was invited to Top Gun, and will be flying his Rafale with a DC16 there..congratulations Jim!
Old 04-20-2014, 06:54 AM
gooseF22

here is an idea:
I built 2 from a Mui30.. They are for monitoring receiver Batteries on a standard receiver setup, such as an R14/18..

What you can do is put it between receiver batteries, and your switch or whatever.. I could splice it, but this is easier.. The purpose is to give you Actual Volt, amp, and capacity, as well as alarms from your receiver batteries.. almost like having the CB200, the capacity counter will keep counting the MAH used until its unplugged and its time to charge.. no need to reset it manually if you unplug batts to charge.. when the receiver is off, it only uses micro amps when connected to a battery..

options:
- Set the auto erase to Off (default)
- I won't use the built in current or voltage alarm.. but instead use the transmitter alarms.. (easier to set up)
- in Tx, set up current high and voltage low alarms..
- You can set a capacity alarm for each battery..this is especially critical with regulators, because if you don't have a battery sharing device, you could end up with one battery going down much faster than the other..

I was thinking back to a setup I had with 2 spektrum regulators that were about .1 volts apart, plugged into a power safe.. It would use one battery nearly twice as fast as the other. It will also be valuable for those using direct batts like A123's, because like the CB0x, you will know exactly what MaH you are using... and you will see amperage being let... Now I can see my true battery condition..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1622.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	1988421  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.