Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 02:53 AM
lxfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Jeti Manual:
3.2 Overload protection of servos
The Central Box has an overload protection circuit on every servo
output. In case of an overload, the affected servo output is
disconnected from the power supply while the remaining servo
outputs are still powered.

As far as I know this is an electronic protection and the channel is working normally after overload is removed. You may check for an overloaded channel in the "Actual Values" menu.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:55 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

What are its conditions for reset? If say 5 seconds then that would be consistent with the crash and then working again, if almost instant there would be a chance the power would have been restored.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:27 AM
lxfly

Originally Posted by HarryC
What are its conditions for reset? If say 5 seconds then that would be consistent with the crash and then working again, if almost instant there would be a chance the power would have been restored.
Found this in the german Jetiforum:http://www.newark.com/te-connectivit...set/dp/42M2350
It's some kind of this PTC fuse type that is used.
you may find some details here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resettable_fuse

You also may find some description in this german document:http://shop.hepf.com/images/artdesc/...20200_Hepf.pdf
Old 05-29-2014, 05:58 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe its a Raychem mini PTC 12 volt fuse.. with a 5 amp trip, then resets with a power cycle..
Old 05-30-2014, 11:56 PM
Mark Vandervelden

Hi all, to those in the know I have a question.
I have been running the CB200 with a pair of Rsat 2,s successfully ever since they came out and have 100% confidence in it.
I know I could "and have on the bench at least" used an R7 or similar Rx in place of one or both of the Rsat,s.
This is as far as I know the only way to get access for more servo output sockets and for that alone is useful.
(the R3/RSW would be ideal for my needs but it doesn't seem to be available here in the UK?)
Could I then use the Rsat 2 plugged into that R7 Rx? t This would be an added bonus to also be able to add further aerial diversity.
Its just a thought but not sure to which of the two Tx modules I would bind the "Daisy chained" Rsat too if indeed it is at all possible?.

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 05-31-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:32 AM
Puttputt maru

Mark this is not really an answer to your question but with the new CB200 updated software from what I understand, you could go the expensive way and apparently daisy chain 2 CB200 and get 30 channels.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:28 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mark,

At some point I think there are diminishing returns from adding additional aerial diversity. Personally, I think if properly laid out, it is difficult to significantly improve upon the 4 aerials from 2 receivers. There are only so many orientations and only so much space within an aircraft. Still, if you wanted something like a CB200 with an Rsat connected as primary in dual path mode and an R7 as secondary you could possibly add an Rsat in clone mode to the R7. Since I'm in the US we don't use Rsats as Jeti USA didn't get them certified so I'm not very familiar with it's capabilities. Still, if you have 2 receivers paired to a single transmitter RF section, one of the receivers would need to be a clone.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:27 AM
gooseF22

No you can't daisy chain yet.. I asked Jeti.. There is no conversion yet from PPM to EX yet... In time I think so.. but for instance you cannot put 2 R3's or R7 receivers in EX mode on a central box and add clone receivers.. the receivers don't convert it yet..

The other problem is that the Cbox switches between the receivers.. iF you stacked a clone, it would think everything is ok, but it could be using a clone on PPM, when the other receiver is just fine..

the only way to add diversity in a Cbox in the future will be to add additional Sat port capability via EX in port 14/15..

Now, with an R14/18, you can add two sat receivers.. Im running that setup in my cat... dual path, plus one clone.. it works fine..

Adding a 3rd or 4th sat for Cbox is on my wish list for the future.. I don't know if its possible, but as we migrate over to ALL EXT based protocol with device explorer setup, I have asked..

cheers..goose
Old 05-31-2014, 10:36 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Hi Goose
Thanks for the reply, its as I thought not possible "yet" but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Its good to here Jeti are ahead of the game and have a "man on it"
It simply came to mind as I'm an x JR DMS2 user and cant get used to just having two Sats even though as Wayne pointed out there is a point of diminishing returns.
Don't think ill go down the duel CB200 route yet Puttputt just for athe sake of a few more outputs but will wait for the CB400 to be realised.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:20 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by Mark Vandervelden
Hi Goose
Thanks for the reply, its as I thought not possible "yet" but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Its good to here Jeti are ahead of the game and have a "man on it"
It simply came to mind as I'm an x JR DMS2 user and cant get used to just having two Sats even though as Wayne pointed out there is a point of diminishing returns.
Don't think ill go down the duel CB200 route yet Puttputt just for athe sake of a few more outputs but will wait for the CB400 to be realised.
remember its 4 sat channels, not 2.. same as DSMX.. spectrum has switching antennas, but only one channel per module.. we have 2.. so its really about the same

also remember we have to think digitally.. even if you have a 5 antenna strength, if signal integrity is high, there is no latency.. just like a digital cell phone with 2 bars.. still works fine
Old 06-01-2014, 01:32 PM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Is there a way to get a voice alert when the timer hits a specified time.
If I have the timer set a 10 minutes can I set up an alert to give an alert at 5 minutes.
thanks
Jon
Old 06-01-2014, 02:17 PM
ChrisPetersen
My Feedback: (3)

I have been looking seriously at this radio and I was wondering if you could with the airspeed sensor, have it continuously call out the airspeed after full flaps have been activated? I think that would be the deal closer for me.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by ChrisPetersen
I have been looking seriously at this radio and I was wondering if you could with the airspeed sensor, have it continuously call out the airspeed after full flaps have been activated? I think that would be the deal closer for me.
I have my airspeed being called out on take off and landing and it is only a matter of combining it with your flap switch to have them work together

see post #895
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...l#post11801462

Ok you can go and buy one now
Old 06-01-2014, 03:14 PM
jdrd

I have my airspeed voiced every other second after selecting landing flaps.
For cruise flight I have airspeed voiced when I tilt the TX left.
I'm amazed at the variety of combinations that are only limited to my imagination.
Never had so much fun with a radio.

Cheers,
Joe Grice
Old 06-01-2014, 06:52 PM
gooseF22

Welcome to the Family Joe.. I agree.. having fun.. can't wait to see what projects you have with our radio in it.. you are the master builder my friend..
Old 06-01-2014, 09:17 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Read more about Joe and his ME 163 in EM blog... http://blog.espritmodel.com/joe-grice-goes-jeti/

Glad you are enjoying the Jeti system Joe...
Old 06-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Pepperpete

Well I had countless flights on my Jeti DC-16 controlled F-16 this weekend at Princeton Jet Rally. The cortex worked flawlessly at 55 gain for Rate mode (that's where it topped out) and the radio is simply a champ. Excellent control and amazing sticks.

I was going to ask how to have the timer read out to me but I've got it all figured out. What an amazing radio!

Last edited by Pepperpete; 06-01-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:50 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Hi F106A

There may be other ways to do it but this way comes to mind.
There are 10 timers available on the DS and DC16 and 3 or 6 on the DS14.
Simply run two timers in parallel off the same trigger
Have the first timer finish at 5 minuets with an alarm or voice .
Then have the second timer continue on till the full ten minuets are up with if you wish its own alarm or voice

I used to set two timers on my JR 12 when flying jets.
The first at one minuet before the other as a warning to go for a "gear pass"
I then knew I had plenty of time to do a final circuit and land, usually touching down as the second timer was counting down.

Now with the Jeti I have to added bonus of knowing exactly which alarm is for what.

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 06-02-2014 at 02:06 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:37 AM
ChrisPetersen

Ok one more question before I order one. Models with power box royal srs and jeti receivers. Does the telemetry work on sensors like the airspeed? It's going in a mibo and there's too many servos to use the jeti central box 200. And which jeti components would I need for this setup?
Thanks!
Old 06-04-2014, 08:11 AM
wfield0455

Ok one more question before I order one. Models with power box royal srs and jeti receivers. Does the telemetry work on sensors like the airspeed? It's going in a mibo and there's too many servos to use the jeti central box 200. And which jeti components would I need for this setup?
Thanks!
You said it's a mibo and that it uses a lot of channels so I'm going to assume it a jet. It sounds like you would need 2, receivers to connect to the Powerbox Royal SRS, probably R3s. As for the telemetry, if you want air speed you'll need to order a Jeti airspeed telemetry sensor and connect it to one of the receivers. You could connect another telemetry sensor to the other receiver or you would need to order an expander. Assuming its a jet, depending on turbine brand you can also add telemetry for the turbine. I'm aware of turbine protocol data converters for JetCat ECUs and Xicoy ECUs.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:46 AM
ChrisPetersen

Ok. So the R3 has a telemetry output? I realize this is probably a stupid question but I want to make sure. And the turbine telemetry would be fun. Is there a way to rig it to tell me if I have a flame out on left or right?
thanks!
Old 06-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Puttputt maru

Ok. So the R3 has a telemetry output? I realize this is probably a stupid question but I want to make sure. And the turbine telemetry would be fun. Is there a way to rig it to tell me if I have a flame out on left or right?
thanks!
I think the best way is with a MUI sensor on the fuel pump. The minute (second) the turbine is out the MUI will tell you with an alarm based on current consumption. Just put two, one on each pump
http://www.jetiusa.com/community-articles.php

I am wondering too if the fuel flow sensor could not be use for the same purpose, anyone?
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-tele...urbine-ex.aspx

And yes the R3 has a telemetry output

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 06-04-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Jgwright

Sorry posted in error

Last edited by Jgwright; 06-04-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:44 PM
wfield0455

thanks!
Not to put too fine of a point on it but the R3 has a single Telemetry INPUT that allows you to connect a single sensor to each receiver. If you want to connect more than 2 sensors (more than per receiver) you need an expander and they offer 2 port or 4 port versions. The receivers actually transmit as well and the telemetry data is sent (OUTPUT) directly to the transmitter for processing and display.

The CB Elecktronics ECU protocol converter that I have for my JetCet displays RPM, ECU Voltage, EGT, and Fuel. It sends alarms for ECU voltage and low fuel but I don't think it does for low RPM or turbine state so I don't it would announce a flame out. I'm also not certain how it would work if you needed two of them... However it is pretty nice and I no longer use the GSU when starting up as I can monitor things right from me DS16. Hope this helps.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Puttputt maru

Not to put too fine a point on it, it is a jetcAt

Point well taken on the input, my bad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.