Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Old 01-29-2020, 02:20 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The constant white flashing LED is an indication that a neutral setting (trim) has changed. The system allows minor changes but too much and it will not initialize. The solution is to redo the stick programming. Insert the jumper into the prog port, power up, wait until the first (2) green LED flashes, then start the stick movement sequence. This will teach the system the new trim position.

Note that sometimes the elevator trim compensation for different flap settings is enough to cause this issue. For example; you did the initial stick programming with flaps up and are now powering up the system with the flaps down. The resulting trim change results in the system flashing a constant white LED. Simply selecting flaps up will let the system initialize. Another common cause is nose wheel steering trim changes between flights if the nose wheel steering servo is run through the system.

I did have a customer who repeatedly had this issue on multiple airplanes. The common component was his transmitter which turned out to have a bad stick pot.

Last edited by F1 Rocket; 01-29-2020 at 02:25 AM.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:00 PM
c_makhija

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
The constant white flashing LED is an indication that a neutral setting (trim) has changed. The system allows minor changes but too much and it will not initialize. The solution is to redo the stick programming. Insert the jumper into the prog port, power up, wait until the first (2) green LED flashes, then start the stick movement sequence. This will teach the system the new trim position.

Note that sometimes the elevator trim compensation for different flap settings is enough to cause this issue. For example; you did the initial stick programming with flaps up and are now powering up the system with the flaps down. The resulting trim change results in the system flashing a constant white LED. Simply selecting flaps up will let the system initialize. Another common cause is nose wheel steering trim changes between flights if the nose wheel steering servo is run through the system.

I did have a customer who repeatedly had this issue on multiple airplanes. The common component was his transmitter which turned out to have a bad stick pot.
Thankyou F1, Will check tomorrow and update.

Regards
Chatty.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:38 AM
winter1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys, can anyone give a photo / video or schematic image of the Jeti CB200 / 210/220 + 2x Rsat + Rsat900 wiring. I do not know whether the scheme in the post #602 current and correct connection.
Information for you: next week should be new fw 5.03 for Tx Jeti. ***winter ***

Last edited by winter1; 02-05-2020 at 06:04 AM.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:44 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There’s more then one way for sure...are you using a gyro?
Old 02-05-2020, 09:24 PM
winter1

Yes, CortexPro. ***winter***
Old 02-06-2020, 03:33 AM
Dansy

I should have knows because of the tread....I used to do primary RX into B out 6 into RX1, secondary into A out 5 into RX2, and lately R3 900 into CB EXT set Receiver......and I never in a few year of using the CP had any problems...

But I was told by 2 different sources that it might not be the optimal solution because how the CP could fail and the way it operate....and understand that they are right...

So the way I’m hooking my latest plane is, Primary RX (RexR12) into B out 6 into RX 1 of the CB2***, Secondary RX (R3) into E2 of the Primary RX, R3 900 into the RX2 of the CB2***....

I have decided that I will not to change all the planes because some don’t have a R3 900, but if I need to redo some wiring at the same time I might do some of the change.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:38 AM
winter1

Hi Dansy, I attach pictures of wiring receivers A). Connection B) cannot be used with two Rsat2. There is no E2 input. I hope I understand everything well. Check me out please.
I think I would use the option A). Theoretically there could be a jump behavior of servos when switching to Rsat900. It is so? Did anyone notice such a problem? Or some other ....? Thanks guys.... ***winter***

Last edited by winter1; 02-07-2020 at 04:59 AM.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:06 AM
Dansy

I’m not familiar with the rsat we don’t have in NA , ya that will work I have flown similar to this minus the 900 for a few years ....you do have access to Rex R3 and that’s what I would used if I could...

‘’Don’t forget to reverse the cable going into the CP for the secondary RX it’s backwards LOL

Also....not sure if it’s still a required with the CB220/210, since they haven’t arrived yet, but I always do and extra Power cable from the normal port of the CB’s to the CP ......

Theres no jump when I test on the ground....between 2.4 to 900 ....never lost signal on any receiver before so I wouldn’t be able to tell if they do....

I really don’t know everything, and I’m constantly learning as well and expanding....my used of the Jeti System and I’m not afraid to say that some Jeti things work so so like the GPS is not really good...or the Air Pressure sensor is fragile or that the Cortex Pro for me is much better then the Assist receivers, I don’t do extended test I’m a flier not a tester .....there’s guy’s around that know a lot more....
Old 02-07-2020, 04:37 AM
winter1

You mean this:
https://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dup...telemetry.aspx
https://shop.jetimodel.cz/duplex-rex3.htm
Yes, I can order it. You mean to use receiver wiring B) and instead of REX12 give REX3?

ĎíDonít forget to reverse the cable going into the CP for the secondary RX itís backwards LOL"
I do not know, what you mean? Can you explain it to me better?

"Also....not sure if itís still a required with the CB220/210, since they havenít arrived yet, but I always do and extra Power cable from the normal port of the CBís to the CP ......"
Yes, I count on it. ***winter***

hmmm .. I see it now. I guess I was in a hurry. Now to take a new photo. I don't want to confuse colleagues.
Now it's alright. ***winter***

Last edited by winter1; 02-07-2020 at 05:05 AM.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:54 AM
Dansy

Like I said don’t know anything about those rsat never used them.....they are not available in North America....so I use REX12 and R3’s

The only thing I do different.....is to add a 5 th wire to the cortex pro (just power wires) from a normal servo spare Port of the CB200....because sometime you can have power issued due to the very low amps coming out of the RX ports (they are set for RX not a Gyro) BUT I don’t know if they fixed that on the 220/210 versions.
Old 02-08-2020, 02:34 AM
winter1

Well, I'll think about it and choose the best option for me. I think I have enough information about electrical connections. Thanks Dansy. ***winter***
Old 02-11-2020, 06:10 PM
vespino67

Does anyone know something about that Bavarian Demon has completely stopped developement of Gyro Cortex?
Old 02-12-2020, 08:31 AM
Spencer K
My Feedback: (14)

It must be be used they got it right the first time😁
best flying gyro there is!
Old 02-12-2020, 09:07 AM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

thatís what other brands would pray for!!!

Originally Posted by vespino67 View Post
Does anyone know something about that Bavarian Demon has completely stopped developement of Gyro Cortex?