Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Old 07-30-2020, 04:41 AM
smiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AngusMc View Post
we are all taking about a radio that is as close to perfect as you can get, just a little more adjustable non ratcheting tension would be the icing on the cake. ( not so much as it would be jerky your thinking JR again)
Exactly. I just want a little more tension. So far the radio has been great and the updates make it even better ! thanks for the info.

Scott
The following users liked this post:
husafreak (08-02-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 06:24 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do we ever think there will be a "sleep" function like on the iX versions of other radios. I got one of those for BNF helicopters and stuff and it's really nice! Now when I fly my Core it seems like ages to completely reboot every time I fly a model.

I asked about this on the PB support forum but I don't think they understood the question.....
Old 07-31-2020, 07:08 AM
Blancr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I suspect your question was understood since it's been discussed quite a lot - just not sure there's and answer. I do, though, very much like your idea of a 'sleep' function - let's see if Richard can oblige!
Bob
Springbok Flyer (07-31-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 04:34 PM
miksterr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sleep function

Originally Posted by AEROSHELDON View Post
Do we ever think there will be a "sleep" function like on the iX versions of other radios. I got one of those for BNF helicopters and stuff and it's really nice! Now when I fly my Core it seems like ages to completely reboot every time I fly a model.

I asked about this on the PB support forum but I don't think they understood the question.....
Richard has mentioned that this is not going to happen. The linux part needs to be either on or off, no sleep state.

Mike.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:16 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The throttle stick tension should have more adjustability. As it is there is basically none. I have mine as tight as it will go (no ratchet) and on a hot day after multiple flights it feels as if it is completely loose. I like a light tension but I would like to have the throttle stick match the other axes (rudder, Ailerons, elev) In feel. And I cannot do that with mine. Itís a flaw.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:59 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 82 Likes on 75 Posts

Not a single comment from all of the Core Tx’s I’ve sold wanting a stiff throttle! Some wanted more spring tension on main controls, but throttle seemed not to be an issue.
I’d need to look at my tx, it must be mechanically possible if that’s how you need it.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:30 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I'd like more drag on my throttle but I'm not having adverse issues because of it.

Its going to PB USA for tighter springs this week though
Old 08-03-2020, 04:07 AM
icicles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere View Post
Not a single comment from all of the Core Txís Iíve sold wanting a stiff throttle! Some wanted more spring tension on main controls, but throttle seemed not to be an issue.
Iíd need to look at my tx, it must be mechanically possible if thatís how you need it.
As i mentioned above, quite easy to modify. You will have to take the back off the TX
You are only modifying the plate.
Just need to scuff the existing plate so it will solder. Add some thin brass shim
Pack it out with a couple of small washers. Use the same adjusting screw
No real modifications as such and if you really wanted to return it to exact factory specification, just purchase a new plate
Done, gives you all the adjustability you would ever need
Maybe one day PowerBox will offer a new thicker plate

Chris
husafreak (08-03-2020)
Old 08-03-2020, 04:43 AM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I may take a look at that. PB America said an option was too drill a new hole beside the existing one and move the tension screw over to make its contact point on the plate allow greater tension. Iíve had the back of the Tx off a few times now but havenít actually modified anything yet. Your idea sounds good as long as the solder joint is perfect. I thought about a longer screw but itís right at the end of the spring plate.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:16 PM
AngusMc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Guys, we have a new spot to fly our jets with a ceiling limit of 750ft, can the PBS Vario give me an alarm for this height without all the beeps and twerps of climb and descend rates. just looking for a simple warning at 750ft.

Thanks for any info

Angus
Old 08-06-2020, 02:23 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 82 Likes on 75 Posts

Not tried that, but if you set the climb decent gain to zero it might stop the tones.
Be a question for Richard on the expert forum

Dave
Old Yesterday, 02:35 AM
miksterr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found a nice vario for the Core from SM-Modellbau

Micro Vario. Trek vario as well as g sensor.

https://www.sm-modellbau.de/MicroVario

Core compatible, menu configuration will come.