Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Rebel Hot by Comp Arf

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Rebel Hot by Comp Arf

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 01:15 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question, I have the Infinity scheme and it's difficult for these 54 yr old eyes to always pick up. I have no issues flying it, but would like better visibility. I have some fluorescent orange and fluorescent red/orange vinyl that I was going to put some on the top and bottom wing. However I also thought about painting it (only the top) but not sure how much weight that would add. Any suggestions for increased visibility?
Old 12-27-2023, 01:17 PM
noahb

Btw I really like this jet. Flies very well. I have a K86 in it. I have gotten it up to 206mph, but that was one time. Won't be doing that again. Will do 185mph relatively easy.
Old 12-27-2023, 02:58 PM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 111 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by noahb
Question, I have the Infinity scheme and it's difficult for these 54 yr old eyes to always pick up. I have no issues flying it, but would like better visibility. I have some fluorescent orange and fluorescent red/orange vinyl that I was going to put some on the top and bottom wing. However I also thought about painting it (only the top) but not sure how much weight that would add. Any suggestions for increased visibility?
The Infinity paint scheme is cool but I agree it is hard to see, especially if it's cloudy.
A nice bright light kit might help.
Fluorescent colors are the easiest to see. Perhaps you could try some vinyl stripes to see if it helps. If not, that can easily be removed. A fluorescent or white stripe on the leading edge of the wings helps bunches.
Old 12-27-2023, 03:10 PM
noahb

Thanks for the quick response. I will start with the vinyl. I should have ordered a paint color that is much brighter. I know they have a neon orange as the Diablo is available with a bright scheme. I could also paint; but if it is going to add more than 8oz, I'll skip that
Old 12-27-2023, 10:28 PM
koenvlieg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

For visibility I now have the unilight navigation lights and top light, I don't know what the effect of this lights will be in the summer, but than visibility will be less a problem I gues Smile
The Xicoy x60 is perfect for power, with butterfly programming the plane slowes down very strong and makes landing very easy. Use the powerbox pioneer with gyro that makes the plane flying very stable : I now ordered the GPS to improve the gyro settings.
I also filled up the front nose wheel with 6 mm, becaus I had problems with take off : the nose went down on our wet and bad quality grass flatland airfield. I fly the plane till 4 bft. So if you do all this you can fly minimum 3 years with this plane without problems, becaus I'm almost 57 years old TalkingTalkingTalking
Old 12-28-2023, 02:59 AM
noahb

Thanks for the info!
Old 12-28-2023, 06:28 AM
sewbusy

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by noahb
Thanks for the info!
I may have mentioned this in another thread elsewhere…so not wanting to be repetitious. On my Rebel Pro for competition visibility, I use Orcal fluorescent Red vinyl on the lower wing tips. This makes the orientation very visible even at extreme distances.
Wayne

Old 12-28-2023, 07:06 AM
noahb

Wayne thank you. That is the brand I have as well. Nice looking jet btw!