Official HPI MT2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 08:41 PM
mt2nitronut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

ok bud takecare ,
ORIGINAL: kuhndog599

ok. i take it i wouldnt be able to get the rotostart. well i guess i dont know about a pullstart since i've had problems with them. it might have just been the engine i've had. i had to wait like 20 minutes after each run and try to start it like 10 times to try to get it to start but i guess it was the bearings fault not the pullstarts. i'm probably getting the .18 one. gotta study cya tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:42 PM
mt2nitronut

i,m going with the os.18 cv-rx slide carb
ORIGINAL: and_des

I read somewhere that the TZ engine wear down pretty fast, after a couple of tank they fun some metal sheaving in the crankcase, something is rubbing inside, I know there a fix for it but down ask me what it is, plus the last time I checked OS site there is no warranty on those TZ engine. Like I said I read this somewhere if you guy's want to install a TZ engine in your truck do a bit of research on the net. Before spending that kind of money on and engine that doesn't last.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:56 PM
bradley_wrench

I feel the same about pull starts. I hate them. I managed to just save up an extra few dollars and purchased a bump starter that I can juice off a car battery. I love it, you should consider it also. they work great for the mt2. Neither my mt2, or 18ss have pull starts on them anymore. i have the O.S. .18 TZ on one, and an O.S. .21 RG Buggy Sport on the other.

ok. i take it i wouldnt be able to get the rotostart. well i guess i dont know about a pullstart since i've had problems with them. it might have just been the engine i've had. i had to wait like 20 minutes after each run and try to start it like 10 times to try to get it to start but i guess it was the bearings fault not the pullstarts. i'm probably getting the .18 one. gotta study cya tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
mt2nitronut

WHATS A BUMP STARTER
ORIGINAL: bradley_wrench

I feel the same about pull starts. I hate them. I managed to just save up an extra few dollars and purchased a bump starter that I can juice off a car battery. I love it, you should consider it also. they work great for the mt2. Neither my mt2, or 18ss have pull starts on them anymore. i have the O.S. .18 TZ on one, and an O.S. .21 RG Buggy Sport on the other.

Old 01-16-2006, 09:20 PM
bradley_wrench

http://cgi.ebay.com/BUMP-START-FOR-N...QQcmdZViewItem with this item
http://cgi.ebay.com/OFNA-Starter-Whe...QQcmdZViewItem

I have a setup very similar to this and it works great for me. my cars always start within the first couple taps of the starter.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:24 PM
bradley_wrench

that starter wheel is only similar to what i have. they make some that will slide over the end of the bump starter and you zip tie it so it stays on a little tighter.
I will take a pic of my exact setup when i get off work and post it so you can see exactly what it looks like.
i will also go to my LHS and get the part number off the actual starter wheel that i used.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:27 PM
mt2nitronut

that would be cool and thanks thanks alot ,bin very informative

that starter wheel is only similar to what i have. they make some that will slide over the end of the bump starter and you zip tie it so it stays on a little tighter.
I will take a pic of my exact setup when i get off work and post it so you can see exactly what it looks like.
i will also go to my LHS and get the part number off the actual starter wheel that i used.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:08 PM
mt2nitronut

well first go ,this kind of bites but i tried
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43668.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	389747   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94207.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	389748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xd80820.jpg
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	389749  
Old 01-17-2006, 09:24 PM
bradley_wrench

Hey mt2nitronut, I got the part number of the bump starter wheel.

The brand is EAGLE MODEL, part number 1553.
this is a japanese brand, but i know that you can get them on integy.com for only 12.99 .
http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...28106228202.70

As for the starter itself you can get one on ebay like the one I showed you, or you can try to get one from any of the hobby sites that sell alot of RC Airplane accessories like hobbyworks.com for 34.99 http://www.hobbyworks.com/default.cf...s/rc/ID/500047

or the heavy duty for 52.95
http://www.hobbyworks.com/default.cf...s/rc/ID/500022

they are all 12v so all you gotta do is pop the hood on your car or lug around a decent 12v battery.

I have both a car battery i carry, and i have a smaller 12v that is used in alot of fire alarm systems in larger buildings. the smaller is almost as strong as the car battery, and is only about 1/5 the size(alot more portable).
Old 01-17-2006, 09:42 PM
bradley_wrench

i have a .18 tz on my 18ss and i have had no troubles with it for about 3/4 of a gallon ran through it. the only problem i had was the previous owner didnt assemble the diffs right and the rear one kept stripping out due to lack of shimage.
I also have an .18 cv rx that was just on the shelf.(one of the engines i got when i bought the savage and 18ss off my buddy)
last night i put it on a tmaxx that belongs to another of my friends that always runs his truck with me. after alot of fabrication and very minor tuning we got it mounted and running. I put my savage tires on the tmaxx and we had it doing wheelies on command. so the engine is a very strong one, I think you will be pleased with your choice.

ORIGINAL: mt2nitronut

I read somewhere that the TZ engine wear down pretty fast, after a couple of tank they fun some metal sheaving in the crankcase, something is rubbing inside, I know there a fix for it but down ask me what it is, plus the last time I checked OS site there is no warranty on those TZ engine. Like I said I read this somewhere if you guy's want to install a TZ engine in your truck do a bit of research on the net. Before spending that kind of money on and engine that doesn't last.
****just a note to all you tmaxx owners and lovers, You can make a savage spur gear work on your tmax if you stack both your slipper clutch plates on the inside and put the spur gear outside. You have to tighten the slipper all the way down so i dont recommend using the plastic gear if you try this. The advantage to doing this is you can get a 49t spur and 18t clutch bell to make your tmaxx scream. beats having to use a 72/16 combo with the 30 pitch gears.****
Old 01-17-2006, 09:51 PM
mt2nitronut

thanks wrench much appreciated, i painted my old mt2 ,something different got tired of looking at the same colours,and obviously my work area ,

i have a .18 tz on my 18ss and i have had no troubles with it for about 3/4 of a gallon ran through it. the only problem i had was the previous owner didnt assemble the diffs right and the rear one kept stripping out due to lack of shimage.
I also have an .18 cv rx that was just on the shelf.(one of the engines i got when i bought the savage and 18ss off my buddy)
last night i put it on a tmaxx that belongs to another of my friends that always runs his truck with me. after alot of fabrication and very minor tuning we got it mounted and running. I put my savage tires on the tmaxx and we had it doing wheelies on command. so the engine is a very strong one, I think you will be pleased with your choice.

Name:	Jh14768.jpg
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	389835   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82546.jpg
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	389836   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79172.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	389837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj18905.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	389838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ny27071.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	389839  
Old 01-17-2006, 10:00 PM
bradley_wrench

i never got tired of looking at the same colors, I just got tired of looking at the same bodies
thats why you see the ford gt on my mt2 to the left here. I like to fabricate the 200mm bodies for the 1/10 touring cars to fit my mt2. I do the same with the 1/8 scale monster trucks. just a little fender trim and you got a body that can look pretty good on a beast.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:02 PM
mt2nitronut

thats cool ,in time i will probly do the same ,

i never got tired of looking at the same colors, I just got tired of looking at the same bodies
thats why you see the ford gt on my mt2 to the left here. I like to fabricate the 200mm bodies for the 1/10 touring cars to fit my mt2. I do the same with the 1/8 scale monster trucks. just a little fender trim and you got a body that can look pretty good on a beast.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:13 PM
bradley_wrench

something else you might like to do with your mt2.
I bought a kyosho 7.5 inferno rear wing and mounting hardware for the same. I managed to make it mount on the mt2 like it was meant for the truck, both in looks and stability. best 18 dollars i ever spent.

Name:	Yw69040.jpg
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	389857   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76178.jpg
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	389858   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13782.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	389859  
Old 01-17-2006, 10:29 PM
mt2nitronut

i fabricated my own ,not the best but its ok changes the look of the truck

I bought a kyosho 7.5 inferno rear wing and mounting hardware for the same. I managed to make it mount on the mt2 like it was meant for the truck, both in looks and stability. best 18 dollars i ever spent.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:30 PM
mt2nitronut

thats pretty cool ,mine is simple nothing major,but i do like the raise tail better

i fabricated my own ,not the best but its ok changes the look of the truck

Old 01-18-2006, 10:38 PM
MT 2 in Ca.

Mt2nitronut - I like it !!!! It looks Awesome!!! I just painted my Stampede ,but only one color. Hopefully I'll get to your level , with the multicolor techniques!!!![8D]
Old 01-18-2006, 11:07 PM
mt2nitronut

thanks mt first paint job but i touched it up a bit so it does look ok to me now.
ORIGINAL: MT 2 in Ca.

Mt2nitronut - I like it !!!! It looks Awesome!!! I just painted my Stampede ,but only one color. Hopefully I'll get to your level , with the multicolor techniques!!!![8D]
Old 01-19-2006, 11:01 PM
mt2nitronut

i used some tremclad spray paint lol

thanks mt first paint job but i touched it up a bit so it does look ok to me now.
ORIGINAL: MT 2 in Ca.

Old 01-20-2006, 09:37 AM
mt2nitronut

dam roto start is crap i hate it nothing but problems rotomotor over heats just by plugin in the battery,anyone else have this problem,i never hold it more then five seconds at a time and it just the pits i,m going to the pullstart cant take this anymore.and yes the terminals are correct because there is only one way to connect them. well installed my pullstart ,starts up two pulls no problem ,dont see why others dont like it.no more luggin batteries or roto ,got to figure out whats wrong with it may be a loose wire.my new mt still has the roto.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:06 AM
rapsucks_07

i got a mt2 .18ss kit and the engine going down the pooper. i cant seem to get the the fuel nipple for the carb tower has them but out of stock the local hobby gets them from the tower dist. anyone know what fuel nipple fits other than the hpi stock parts aftermarket other brand other that hpi. thanks if not whats the best engine i can get more yall know bang for the buck.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:13 AM
redfox03

nitronut, try using a cordless drill. thats what im going to use, seems about the same. just put the drill on low, make sure its spinning in the right direction and BOOM!!! instant rotostart.

dam roto start is crap i hate it nothing but problems rotomotor over heats just by plugin in the battery,anyone else have this problem,i never hold it more then five seconds at a time and it just the pits i,m going to the pullstart cant take this anymore.and yes the terminals are correct because there is only one way to connect them. well installed my pullstart ,starts up two pulls no problem ,dont see why others dont like it.no more luggin batteries or roto ,got to figure out whats wrong with it may be a loose wire.my new mt still has the roto.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:23 AM
thunderw0lf

Can someone tell me what length turnbuckles to replace the non adjustable steering and camber links all around, preferably titanium? Also, will the Traxxas rod ends work or do I needs to get more,I gotta bunch of the rods ends in my spare parts.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:59 AM
mt2nitronut

thats a good idea red thanks i dont know why i didnt think of that
ORIGINAL: redfox03

nitronut, try using a cordless drill. thats what im going to use, seems about the same. just put the drill on low, make sure its spinning in the right direction and BOOM!!! instant rotostart.

Old 01-21-2006, 06:28 AM
mt2DirtMan

my motor mounts and THS Racing pipe should be in today!!!!! Can't wait to get this os18 goin!!!!!!!

I wanna break stuff!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.