RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official HPI MT2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Olly P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

Hey,
iv got a mt 2 with a old savage .21bb engine in, powers great but was wondering if anyone has tried using a 2/3 speed? Most of the time its run on tarmac or gravel? Also, any idea where I would get one from, how easy they are to fit and how reliable they are?

Cheers
Old 01-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Blowerz

Ight guys erm i am still yet to tune the low speed needle because there is smoke at acceleration and hardly any at full speed so will have tune that to switch that around but my main question is i have a venom fail safe and is it possible to set it up without the engine running? like adjust the pot screw and u will gradually see that it is applyin the brakes or need engine running ?? this only 2 things gotta do then will be having it big time everywhere
Old 01-21-2006, 11:13 AM
tsetsefly

For the Nitro MT2 RTR std equipment, the steering adjustment on the transmitter is pegged to one side out of the box just to have the wheels centered. What are some options to reset the steering so the wheels are centered along with the steering adjustment being centered ?

What are the options to reset center on the servo / transmitter adjustment ?

Thanks,
Old 01-21-2006, 11:43 AM
rapsucks_07

Anyone

ORIGINAL: rapsucks_07

i got a mt2 .18ss kit and the engine going down the pooper. i cant seem to get the the fuel nipple for the carb tower has them but out of stock the local hobby gets them from the tower dist. anyone know what fuel nipple fits other than the hpi stock parts aftermarket other brand other that hpi. thanks if not whats the best engine i can get more yall know bang for the buck.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:42 PM
redfox03

heres a good engine http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...9&I=LXGGP7&P=K

Anyone

i got a mt2 .18ss kit and the engine going down the pooper. i cant seem to get the the fuel nipple for the carb tower has them but out of stock the local hobby gets them from the tower dist. anyone know what fuel nipple fits other than the hpi stock parts aftermarket other brand other that hpi. thanks if not whats the best engine i can get more yall know bang for the buck.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:13 PM
mt2DirtMan

just unscrew the hron fromt he servo, set the wheels straight and the transmitter trim centered, and rescrew the horn on the servo. very easy.

ORIGINAL: tsetsefly

For the Nitro MT2 RTR std equipment, the steering adjustment on the transmitter is pegged to one side out of the box just to have the wheels centered. What are some options to reset the steering so the wheels are centered along with the steering adjustment being centered ?

What are the options to reset center on the servo / transmitter adjustment ?

Thanks,
Old 01-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Blowerz

Ight guys erm i am still yet to tune the low speed needle because there is smoke at acceleration and hardly any at full speed so will have tune that to switch that around but my main question is i have a venom fail safe and is it possible to set it up without the engine running? like adjust the pot screw and u will gradually see that it is applyin the brakes or need engine running ?? this only 2 things gotta do then will be having it big time everywhere
Old 01-21-2006, 07:35 PM
mt2nitronut

hey whats going on this thread dying out ,was starting to like chatting with you all from new to you veterans of the rc world just want to say thanks again to all you nitro nuts that helped me and all the others out all the info was surely helpful,i hope my trials and errors added some decent info for you others, i think i got the nac for tuning and i sware the stock 15 go 4o to 45 plus,just saying because the 18 ss rips and the gun only shows 45 mph and 75 km hour ,it should be showing more,but my trucks tune last night it was like floating on air my tires are tip toeing ,small pancake disc and thats when there on the ground not in air at full throttle.was jumping off a six foot dock last night.what a blast when the mt rip with no problems
Old 01-21-2006, 07:41 PM
mt2nitronut

if i may suggest lower needle little bit at a time till its right counterclockwise .if its boggy yune upper needle clockwise bit at a time .oops sorry had that reversed .this is the my tuning technique .i had the stock t15 ripping and floating on air couldnt believe my own eyes .it is as if i had a whole different motor.
ORIGINAL: Blowerz

Old 01-21-2006, 10:14 PM
MT 2 in Ca.

MT2 DirtMan - Yer' Gonna Break Stuff alright!!!!!!!![X(][8D](LOL!)

"In my Opinion!"
Old 01-22-2006, 09:07 AM
adz06

any1 no any gd hopups for hpi mt2 i got it bout a month now and want to get some hopups any advice
Old 01-22-2006, 09:59 AM
bradley_wrench

savage heavy duty steel spur gear, aluminum adjustable shocks, good set of off road tires like maybe dirt bonz or similar, .18 size engine ( O.S. TZ or CV-RX are among the best of your choices. I got one of each), buggy wing if you like how they look.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90058.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	392579  
Old 01-22-2006, 11:32 AM
kuhndog599

i'm getting the stock engine used off of ebay. its the only one that i can find that has the clutch bell and all the other stuff already on it. i dont know how to do any of that and dont know what parts (like the stock hpi parts) will work on the engine i would have wanted. hopefully i wont get jipped again.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:04 PM
cjl91000

Hey, took the mt2 out today to a big field, nothing broken! woo 1st time ever, new aluminium gears still working! managed to hit a big tree and drive up it HOW! lol then my roto start ran out! oh well!
Old 01-22-2006, 02:16 PM
cjl91000

OK the washer between my clutch bell and its screw apears to have a hole bored out of it so it come of the screw? HELP?!
Old 01-22-2006, 03:46 PM
mt2nitronut

dam i stripped a couple teeth off main gear got upgrade for parts tho.only off the 13 t
Old 01-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Blowerz

Guys i have sorted my fail safe and tuned my low speed needle so the smoke cums out at high speed and not low speed :P i loving it. gonna take it for a proper burn nxt weekend when go to park with old man. and love thought i can rag it far and if goes outta range itll stop this time :P. cheers for all the advice and help that you guys given me over the past especially MT2NITRONUT you been the best guy by far geezer top notch. only thing to do now is replace things when they break eg steering link, diff mounts and the diff bars (dog bones). and gonna get the rear exhaust outlet for the mt2 off of tsais.com
Old 01-22-2006, 04:34 PM
mt2nitronut

no problem blowerz and thanks ,glad your up and running have fun and enjoy,just changin my main gears to heavy duty .guess jumping off 5 foot dock full out was to much for stock gear

ORIGINAL: Blowerz

Guys i have sorted my fail safe and tuned my low speed needle so the smoke cums out at high speed and not low speed :P i loving it. gonna take it for a proper burn nxt weekend when go to park with old man. and love thought i can rag it far and if goes outta range itll stop this time :P. cheers for all the advice and help that you guys given me over the past especially MT2NITRONUT you been the best guy by far geezer top notch. only thing to do now is replace things when they break eg steering link, diff mounts and the diff bars (dog bones). and gonna get the rear exhaust outlet for the mt2 off of tsais.com
Old 01-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Blowerz

aww no worries mt2nitro erm ive decided when they go im gonna get a racing slipper clutch diff cups, dogbones, steering link and gonna get new air filter when i go to get more fuel and more air filter fuel. does the air filter change much ?? and when i do replace it will the racing clutch make much difference? part from it being heavy duty?
Old 01-22-2006, 04:57 PM
cjl91000

HOw much have you all had to lean out your low speed needle from its factory settings? i get alot of smoke when at idle Thanks
Old 01-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Blowerz

erm i dnt get any at idle even when it was stock m8 but did when i throttled it abiot so thats why i tuned it and i couldnt really tell ya i just kept doing it till not much smoke at low end but only lil bit at top end. just close it fully then open up 3 and half turns m8. then from then on do an 8th turn and burn up down then turn 8th more and so on till nearly all smokes gone at acceleration but leave lil bit and then make sure most is top end. and it depends on the weather m8 cant go on others settings
Old 01-22-2006, 05:01 PM
cjl91000

ok cheers.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Blowerz

no worries m8y, if need be if u have not much at low end and not much top end then lean out ur high speed needle just tiny bit so it has bit more smoke cumin out than low speed then ur perfecto and can bash around then all u need do is replace any broken parts u have when u break them that is
Old 01-22-2006, 05:07 PM
cjl91000

has any1 else had problems with the washer on the end of the clutch bell?
Old 01-22-2006, 05:09 PM
Blowerz

wanna 2nd shell for my car :P just so switch in it :P what 1 people think look best? i like the army hpi hummer 1 but cant find it pre-painted anywhere any other gd 1s people like??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.