Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

OFFICIAL HPI RUSH / EVO THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL HPI RUSH / EVO THREAD

im going to fit a rotostart to my nosram rs18 evo does the nosram roto start set (not moter adapter plate ) come with a starting wand (the shaft that goes to the engine from the moter)
thanks
Old 03-27-2007, 10:26 AM

it's for the engine, carb and pullstart only i'm afraid.. the rest is on my OS .18 CV-RX :P
Old 03-27-2007, 10:29 AM

thanks quick reply real efficient its just im gonna use my old t-15 for a project i ported it cos my grandma got me a dremel kit for christmas i will post pics jus finishing polishing
Old 03-28-2007, 05:03 PM

i ported mine and bloody hell just do not do the zorst port or say goodbye to you engine ass thats the only thing that will keep it ruuning e.g the timming also when you get it done posta a pic and if i find my old engine il show you my one but its not polished lol
Old 03-28-2007, 11:15 PM

i ported my 15FE and a torq 16 did'nt hurt anything but i did'nt see any power out of it and the torq 16 has a fresh P/S and con. rod/new rod bushings the FE is pretty worn still runs good though
Old 03-30-2007, 06:33 AM

kl i will post pics but i did spend a long time looking at other pro porting jobs and the timing is still the same just more efficient most of the work was done to the crankshaft the sleve has had airflow mods but no timming mods ive bored and plished the carb chute aswell

does anyone run a rotostart on there nosram rs 15 or 18 is it good or do the gears strip like the hpi ones
Old 03-30-2007, 12:16 PM

Hi, does anyone know wot speed a thunder tiger pro15 bxs engine goes... i just got an old dt-10 cheap off ebay and this engine is in it... i can't find anythin about the engine tho, butttttt!!!! it's just left mi rush evo chokin in a cloud of dust, an i though my rush was fast... []
Old 03-30-2007, 01:25 PM

how DARE you say anything bad about the rush you are band from this association of rush lovers the rush is the best thing to happen to rc ever ever i bid you good day
no i googled it but nothing of intreset it there a manufactres phone number in the manual try that well im dissapointed with my rush at the moment its a b***h to start and my rc18t will smoke it but then again when it does run my god it runs well and my rc18t will smoke pretty much any rush
Old 03-30-2007, 02:04 PM

Lmao I'd never call mi rush.. i love it ta bits, shame it cant wash up or cook mi tea; i could sack the missus lol,,,
I've got the manual an all that, it came in box witht he car, an found some stuff on the car on tinterweb.. just can't find nowt on how fast it is, it sez it's a 2.3 but i dont no wot that means in dinky engine sizes,
Old 03-31-2007, 04:53 AM

RC Car Team Infinity Engine .18 brand new boxed / nitro
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting

Would one of these fit a rush evo.. would i have to change much on the car? cheers[:-]
Old 03-31-2007, 02:06 PM

a 2.3 =a 12 i think the 2.3 is cc a 15 is a 2.5cc
i think i does yeah the team in finity engines are meant to be the dogs nuts next to o.s at £65 its a steal
Old 03-31-2007, 04:59 PM

cant you start the rush now youve modded it and when are the pics up matey
Old 04-01-2007, 05:38 AM

well ive not tryed as i modded my old t-15its not quite finished yet a few burrs and surfice marks etc to clear will finish it as i got 2 weeks of from school and i got a nosram rs 18 for my b day in september last year so ive been running it with that and i will try just got to get another fly wheel i will get one off flebay when i can
pics are up when i finish it and persuade ma sister to lend me her camera as my phone is only 3 mega pix if it turns out well ill try to make a tut but im no expert so if i dont start etc then i wont
Old 04-02-2007, 07:54 AM

hi guys i just got my Rush yesterday (the original one) and i have a few questions this is my first stadium truck so plz dont flame me...

my first question is what would be the Best upgrades to have and what type of engines can i fit in my truck? do i need to modified something to fit the new engine on the truck?

i already have an dynamite pipe , rear allu shocks and the rest is stock

thx
Old 04-02-2007, 01:22 PM

hi guys ive just got a new rush evo and thought id start it to run it in, but when i used the roto start it made a clunking noise a lot but eventually started, the needles are set to default but after about half a tank there was steam coming from the engine head. is this normal? also it kept reving itself. thanks!
Old 04-02-2007, 03:11 PM

Run it again and see if it still steams, if it does its to lean and if it doesn't it might have been burning off oil and paint. [sm=confused.gif]If there is smoke coming out the exhaust chances are your OK [:-]
Old 04-02-2007, 06:06 PM

Hi mate i run it again and there wasnt really much steam coming from the head but ive noticed that the nitro fuel seems to bubble in the carb, doesnt this mean its too lean and too hot? even though its set to standard config? and even at idle the car seems to rev itself if i stop holding the brakes. any advice on setup and run it?

thanks again
Old 04-02-2007, 07:12 PM

You might do well to go over the spec's again and what do you mean bubbling in the carb? Is that after you shut it down? If it is actually bubbling in the carb you need to start opening it up for more fuel in to cool it with mixture. There are no spec's set in stone m8, could be a bit lean from the factory. But have you smoke from the exhaust when your giving it gas? [:-]
Old 04-02-2007, 10:37 PM

try this link http://www.nitrorc.com/
Old 04-06-2007, 09:43 AM

cum on dont stop posting keep the threads flow
Old 04-06-2007, 07:47 PM

hi guys thanks fir your help, the head seems to have stopped smoking now, but im having trouble running the engine in, ive done about 1 1/2 tanks though it but im having trouble keeping it started, the idle looks right and its running quite rich which is good at the moment, how are yours set up carb wise? low and high? also im thinking about changing to pull start?
Old 04-07-2007, 02:32 AM

ORIGINAL: neo2387

hi guys ive just got a new rush evo and thought id start it to run it in, but when i used the roto start it made a clunking noise a lot but eventually started, the needles are set to default but after about half a tank there was steam coming from the engine head. is this normal? also it kept reving itself. thanks!
sounds like the engine is floodingthe rotostart should spin quite freely and only for a few seconds at a time, is your glow starter giving a good glow?
Old 04-07-2007, 04:24 AM

reet... tell me about these teeth on spur gear an clutch bell... at the mo i ave 13t on clutch an 56t on spur... plastic spur, but i've gone through alot of these spur gears cause they grind down too easy...
i've bin on ebay an i've got mi heart set on a steel spur gear an steel clutch.. buttttttt what is the best sizes to run to give me more top end speed an less wheel smokin when settin off.. The bloke on ebay is askin how much adjustment i have in the engine mounts... [:-] i aint got engine mounts; its screwed through chassis to bottom of the engine innit.. [:@]
Old 04-07-2007, 08:08 AM

well for out and out top end use savage spurs and the rush 22tooth clutch bell remember -smaller spurand bigger clutch bell=more top end (just do the oposite for more acceleration .i run 56 tooth spur with a 18tooth cb for everyday bashing but when i go big speed i use 18tooth cb and 47 spur
with higher gearing for top end just make sure your engine can push it.
yeah the guy on ebay is right your going to need to get an aftermarket engine mount set

theres 2 below i got the cheaper one but its a pain in the a**e it is to tall and has less adjustment.
i suggest you get the more expensive one youl be glad you did. then again you could stay true to your name sake and just work out were you need the engine to be and drill some new holes. but yeah here are 2 new mounts get the more expensive one trust me

http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=a863 this is mirage part number-HPA863 -this is the cheaper mount i couldnt find it on modelsports uk but thats where i got mine it is £5.50 from your lhs

http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=86045 this is mirage part number-HP86045 this is the more expensive mount i found it on modelsport for £40 but through your lhs it is £20

this is the mirage page full of all the engine mounts etc [link=http://www.mirageracing.com/productRange.php?makeId=HP&catId=PART&subCatId=MMN T&searchTerms=make%3AHP+cate%3APART+subc%3AMMNT]mirage racing hpi engine mounts[/link]
Old 04-07-2007, 01:37 PM

Nice one, thanks for the help mate, i went to lhs and got the mounts.. gunna get the clutch an spur on order, was thinkin of just a little bit higher speed and a little less acceleration as it kept rippin the standard spurs to shreds. an the clutch bell is lookin pretty cream crackered too..
so i was thinkin of a 15 cluth an not sure which spur to get... its a toss up between the 56 or 52,,. which would you reccomend
i is confuuuused!!! lol [:-]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.