RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

slicks 09-09-2005 02:26 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Mike - I was going to stop by Stampy's to pick up some fuel -- if you want to use the "blue stuff" I'll have extra that you can use. If you can get a ride with Dave this way you'll have fuel and you won't miss the race.

Smokinjoe6450 09-09-2005 02:53 PM

Mike:

I need a sponsored driver for the track....I could give you a tryout run Sunday. [8D]

Sounds like you need to have some fun. Come on down, we will take care of things.

slicks 09-09-2005 07:14 PM

Mike: I picked up some fuel so I'll have extra if you decide to come. I saw Dave at the shop while there and told him that you were having car problems -- I asked if he could pick you up and bring you to the race - he said that that was ok. It also looks like Joe is going to set you up at the track --- so come on out and lets race!!!

503 09-09-2005 09:29 PM

Joel I know my spelling sucks unless I take my time and I only do that for work. You men and women have fun my allergies have me sick I could never make it through the day, this sucks@@@@@@@[:'(].

Later,
"503"[:@]

dockman2 09-10-2005 01:29 AM

Once again Rodney there is a SPELL CHECK button at the bottom right before you post.

Mike, come on out. We have got you covered for the race. Ive got fuel, tires, whatever! Hell Ill pay the race fee! You can even race my buggy.

Smokinjoe6450 09-10-2005 04:52 AM

Rodney - you still have all day Saturday to get your allergies under control. You might feel better by Sunday. :D

503 09-10-2005 07:17 AM

I do feel better this morning and Im ready for the race besides some tuneing. You might see me their Kevin will miss me. If you dont see me thank you Joe and I will see you soon.

Everyone have fun!

slicks 09-10-2005 10:23 AM

Rodney --- take some dimeatap and come on down and race!!!! Hope you feel better.

Mike -- are you going to make it? Make sure you contact Dave if you need a ride. You gotta be there!!!

fourwheels0 09-10-2005 12:57 PM

UPDATE i have my car fixed. i WILL be there at toys-r-us at 9am.:D

fourwheels0 09-10-2005 01:09 PM

rodney you have to go. neither you or i have driven on joe's track. that gives us both an even playing field for THE GRUDGE MATCH.:D

Alpharaptor 09-10-2005 01:49 PM

Well I think im set, ive got a new engine, 2 plugs, fuel, and an ENGINE SAVER. Now all I have to do is break in the engine...I tried to this morning at 6, but i didn't screw in the clutch nut tight enough friday night! Sooo arggg...now I guess I'll be breaking the engine in, in the dark...with the cars headlights on. Well, cya all at 9 Sunday!

slicks 09-10-2005 02:40 PM

WOW -- this is all very good news --- what would make it better is if 503 can make it too!

Just a reminder to everyone --- we LEAVE Toys R Us parking lot at 9:15 a.m.

Matt -- you only need to get about 4 or 5 tanks thru that thing and then start tuning it tomorrow at the track. I only have 2 or 3 tanks thru my old Picco and figure if either Amanda or I need to change over to that buggy - well I hope it is ready to go!

Mike - I am bringing extr fuel if you need some. Sounds like Kevin may be doing the same.

Super_Dave 09-10-2005 06:14 PM

I got the glitching problem fixed on my buggy. 2 new servos and no more problems (atleast so far).

Mike- I also have a fresh gallon you can take whatever you need from.

esridge 09-10-2005 07:44 PM

Hey guys, I'm going to be a good boy and go to church tomorrow with the fam.
I'm going to leave and come down to blueridge afterwords around 10:30.
Good luck to everyone and If I can help out when I get there please let me know.

slicks 09-10-2005 09:36 PM

that's cool --- Amanda and I went to church this evening. See you tomorrow (Sunday) and yes we will need the help at some point I am sure.

503 09-10-2005 11:10 PM

There is a 90% chance I will see everyone, I do feel better but I will not be the same old Rodney. I will be racing the Monster truck class and I will meet you people there Dave and Scott have your cells on in case I get lost.

WatcherKid 09-11-2005 09:31 AM

Good luck to you all :)

Super_Dave 09-11-2005 06:54 PM

Great racing we swept 1/8 scale buggy. I can't help but to be disapointed because I had 2nd held firmly but then the extremly rich problem came up lost my focus and just got away with 3rd. Its gunna bother me for a while looking up at two 3rd place tophies for the same race. Thats racing anyone can win anywhere, anytime so congratulations to Scott for 1st place, Chris a well desevered 2nd place, me 3rd place, and well I didn't look who was farther down the list but I think we were the only ones in the A main because Justin was having trouble. Amanda was driving faster then she has ever driven before and with Kevins buggy that she hasn't driven accept for one heat and the final I belive (she might have went though the B main). Mat did great and just bumped straight up from the heats to the A-main but unfortunatly had some buggy trouble. Wayne held 1st for quite a while and driving great in the B-main untill there was some kind of problem the tank just wouldn't hold fuel. Rodney even though everyone kept beating on him in his MT A-main he was doing very well and holding 2nd pretty firmly too untill his rim broke and of corse couldn't keep running but he got away with a respectable 4th for breaking about 4mins before the race ended.

Those 20min mains were long enough :D. I had no problem going the distance and would have enjoyed racing longer I might have even caught Chris if I kept everything together in another 10mins :).

Apparently not all of us got enough racing at the track so some of us made the hour and a half trip down to about 45mins coming back from Amherst :eek:

SManMTB 09-11-2005 06:59 PM

WHOS'S YOUR MAC DADDY!!!?
WOOOOOoooHHOoooooo!!!

[sm=bananahead.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

Super_Dave 09-11-2005 07:10 PM

lol congrats... we got some gift certificates to Stampy's now too :D.

Oh yeah!!! and Mike how can I forget about him. In his first big event and his 2nd ever race he placed 3rd in the b-main.

Joe did a great job with the track is was very fun to run on and just like last time the loose dirt was cleared out of the racing line and became mostly hardpack going into the mains. The double infront of the driver stand is much better and the new double before the straight away was a little short and the launch was steep but made things a little tougher.

slicks 09-11-2005 08:14 PM

Manders took 4th place in the A and I took 5th. I had to win the B to bump in to the A. Both good races!

Eddie and Mike -- you guys did a great job in keeping me in the race with your refeuling team tactics -- great job and thanks.

Kevin -- once again thanks for letting Manders use your buggy - very kind of you.

I was a bit concerned about the 20 minute main -- but it went much faster than I thought. I was concerned that after running the 10 minute B that my engine would lean out or over heat from being over worked --- but once again the OS RG came through. The Mug Shot tires worked well - can't wait to try them at Scott's. AND - I really like the 777. Scott you were correct in that the 777 is a much more aggressive buggy.

Well - my shins are killing me where that buggy hit me and I am tired - so I'll talk with y'all later.

fourwheels0 09-11-2005 08:30 PM

joel no problem glad to help. thanks for the fuel i owe you one buddy.

rodney i have a full set of beadloks for cheap if your interested pm me.

man i had a blast today what a difference tires make.

thanks to everybody for making a bad weekend GOOD.

this weekend will be know as THE MAC ATTACK. looks like there's more than one daddy.

see ya:D

Super_Dave 09-11-2005 08:39 PM

How was your buggy running on blue thunder anyway? I think you were always using red alert.

Haha yeah Mac .21s 1st and 2nd Mach .26 motors 3rd and 4th. I'll try to change that next sunday though :D.

fourwheels0 09-11-2005 09:21 PM

nope as soon as i got it i've used blue thunder. once i ran it a while and did some tuning today ran great. especially during the b-main. i just never got to temp it when i got done.

dockman2 09-11-2005 10:26 PM

Hey Joel you and Amanda are more than welcome. I just wish the buggy was right and the tires were glued so she could have done better. Tell her Im sorry and I will try to do better next time.

We did have a good race coming home but I was underpowered.:D Those hills killed that little 4banger.