Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Best scale photo!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Best scale photo!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 09:42 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Scale Photo

Cannonball
The fuselage has all the signs of "Early lifting body" . Most of the fuselage cross section are an isosceles triangle . the plane behaves like a glider, the only problem that I've seen on the me 262 is the CG. they will fly nose heavy, but NO-Way when the cg is even a few mm's on the tail side...
Semper Fi
Joe
Old 12-04-2003, 11:25 AM
Paul Terry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures

Well,
I've been on this thread a while but I don't know if this is a scale enough
picture. I hope so. If not let me know what a need to improve on.
This is a mirror image of my GP SpaceWalker ARF.
I often flew my first one at scale competitions at our field before it crashed
because of a battery failure, this is my second SpaceWalker and
its even more scale than the first! It is such a good plane!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10427.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	79552  
Old 12-04-2003, 03:20 PM
skier

Default RE: Pictures

If you want to get that plane to look more scale take that picture from a lower angle
Old 12-04-2003, 03:52 PM
Mel Francis

Default RE: Pictures

Exactly!

Whatever scale your model is, figure how long 5.5' (average height to eye level), would be in that scale, and use that as the distance between the center of your lens and the surface your model is sitting on.

Guaranteed results every time.....
Old 12-04-2003, 11:37 PM
Dash7ATP

Default RE: F-86 Minute Men

This is my F-86 MinuteMen. This finish is PrestoChrome and K & B SuperPoxy.

Name:	Mj24644.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	79772  
Old 12-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: F-86 Minute Men

gezz, hes tall!
Old 12-05-2003, 01:01 PM
Paul Terry

Default GP SpaceWalker

Thanks guys!
I'll work on that!
Old 12-05-2003, 01:10 PM
Paul Terry

Default HMMMMM

[:-][:-][:-][:-][:-]
Old 12-05-2003, 10:50 PM
Dash7ATP

Default RE: chill out man

Hey Mugenkidd,

You are way out of line here, not Mustang. It is his line and his intention was to show scale like photos of models. You are not being cute. just showing how small minded you are. The main photo gallery is a good place to post your average photos. They might be appreciated there. I have to stand completely behind the intent of this thread. It is nice to look at a photo and have to ask if it is a real plane or not. No problem with your shots. OBVIOUSLY MODELS, and just average at that.

Regards,

Joe
Old 12-05-2003, 11:48 PM
CaptainHook
My Feedback: (80)

Joe,
Digging up old dirt is not good either. This thead has come a long way, lets keep it that way. Not good to get it off track. Keep posting the good stuff guys.
ORIGINAL: Dash7ATP

Hey Mugenkidd,

You are way out of line here, not Mustang. It is his line and his intention was to show scale like photos of models. You are not being cute. just showing how small minded you are. The main photo gallery is a good place to post your average photos. They might be appreciated there. I have to stand completely behind the intent of this thread. It is nice to look at a photo and have to ask if it is a real plane or not. No problem with your shots. OBVIOUSLY MODELS, and just average at that.

Regards,

Joe
Old 12-06-2003, 02:58 AM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

Right on shook, like I'm sure that guys planes all look scale. He needs to go back to high school with that attitude.[:@]
arrogance IS annoyance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2003, 07:41 AM
Mustang51
My Feedback: (25)

Thanks Joe for Sticking up for me. Carey is right however, that stuff is "old". We've moved on.
... Onward and upward.

-Mustang51

ORIGINAL: Dash7ATP

Hey Mugenkidd,

Regards,

Joe
Old 12-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Paul Terry

Default What?

What's going on?
Did I do something?
Who is Mugenkidd?
I'm confused[]
Old 12-07-2003, 05:37 AM
Mustang51

Default RE: What?

Nothing Paul... You didn't do anything. It's alot of nothing about a nobody.
Drop it.

-Mustang51
ORIGINAL: Paul Terry

What's going on?
Did I do something?
Who is Mugenkidd?
I'm confused[]
Old 12-07-2003, 05:52 AM
Mustang51

Default RE: Photo contest

Update...
Last week I had emailed RCU about help with a photo contest and possibly providing a prize for the winner.
As of yet, no response.
May try again.

-Mustang51
Old 12-07-2003, 11:35 AM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

who did you ask?
Old 12-07-2003, 12:51 PM
Mustang51

Per your suggestion, Larry Eddy. I had to use the "general" RCU email link but asked that it be directed to him.

-Mustang51
Old 12-07-2003, 01:00 PM
Don Panek

Default RE: Best scale photo!

Old 12-07-2003, 01:33 PM
Mustang51

Default Best Scale Photo

I guess now's a good time to re-post those photo guidelines...
I'll do this every now and then so everyone is up to speed.

The photos should be the following...

A) The aircraft modeled must be that of an actual aircraft.

B) The model should be a "SCALE" model.
meaning...
It should look like the aircraft that is being modeled. If the real plane had strut and wheel covers... so should the model(it should'nt have music wire struts). There should be no rx antennas showing in the photo. If the real plane had a 3 or 4 blade prop, and this is a picture of that plane(model) on the ground? Then the model should have a 3 or 4 blade prop, not a Zinger 20x10. etc...etc.

Think of this as a kind of "Top Gun" of photo threads.

And finally, that brings us to the most confusing of the guidelines of the photo.
...C) The photo should be "of an angle that you would actually be photographing the real aircraft" or "as the eye perceives it"
...meaning...Don't post the picture of that beautiful Mustang with a guy holding it during engine run ups.
OR
Don't stand on top of the model to photograph it.
REMEMBER... "AS THE EYE SEES IT"

Thanks to all for participating...it's going great.

-Mustang51
Old 12-07-2003, 02:05 PM
iflynething

Default RE: Cessna 195

I'm back..............I have to say that these people really do need to get an attitude adjustment, and I'm fully back on whatever Mustang51 says. He though of this freakin thread, and he should be able to control what kind of pictures are posted in it. I don't want to start anything, but if you don't have a "SCALE PHOTO" that has the criteria like above^^, please don't post them. And, Mugenkidd, you really do need to settle down. May you just come to my high school so you can do that. If you don't have nething good to say take that crap out of here. Sorry for being so harsh but, somebody's gotta say something, and I'm going to be one of them other than the others. Guys/Girls, who post the SCALE PICTURES, WOW, they are incredible. I have to say that, the planes in posts 539 and 535, that I belive that is a Falcon or something jet, and then the white and orange plane on the runway. If I would have just seen thos planes on someother forum, I would think that they were real. Since they are in a model airplane forum I know that they are not REAL. But, they sure do diddily look like that real thing..........KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.........I have many pictures of scale planes, but they don't match what Mustang51 wants to be posted in here. So, with great respect to Mustang51, I will not post them..........THANKS MUSTANG51 FOR MAKING THIS GREAT THREAD.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2003, 12:26 AM
CafeenMan

Default RE: Yeah...

ORIGINAL: Mike James

I apologize for this one, but somebody had to do it.
LOL... Maybe an action photo would help it look more realistic. Perhaps an arrogant display of accuracy handling a variety of materials?

PS. I can appreciate the intent of this thread, but it's kind of ridiculous and arrogant to believe that this will be the one unique thread in the history of the universe that absolutely without a ripple remains on topic.

OK, I enjoyed all the pics here. Some really great models being built. Whoever said that some of these models were "average at best" or words to that effect obviously hasn't a clue what the average model looks like which is a wrinkly covered stik. Every model in this thread is far above average. Great jobs guys!
Old 12-08-2003, 06:30 AM
snapman

Hi,

Here's a picture of my Spit Mk Ia.
3,20 m wingspan, powered by King 100E.

Name:	Jh16347.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	80675  
Old 12-08-2003, 12:16 PM
Mustang51

There's no "Arrogance"as you put it, intended Cafeenman, nor do I feel it "ridiculous" to try to keep a thread on track.
I merely "repost" the thread "guidelines" every now and again(it's been 5 or 6 pages now) so folks know what the intent of the thread is about. An awful lot of people don't take the time to read the original post (of any thread) to see what it's all about, rather, they go to the last page and take it from there.
Most threads on RCU are unique (save the topics that constantly repeat because people don't do a "search" before they pose their questions). "Ripples" are to be expected. I just try to prevent them from becoming "Waves" of off topic postings.

-Mustang51

ORIGINAL: CafeenMan

ORIGINAL: Mike James

I apologize for this one, but somebody had to do it.
LOL... Maybe an action photo would help it look more realistic. Perhaps an arrogant display of accuracy handling a variety of materials?

PS. I can appreciate the intent of this thread, but it's kind of ridiculous and arrogant to believe that this will be the one unique thread in the history of the universe that absolutely without a ripple remains on topic.

OK, I enjoyed all the pics here. Some really great models being built. Whoever said that some of these models were "average at best" or words to that effect obviously hasn't a clue what the average model looks like which is a wrinkly covered stik. Every model in this thread is far above average. Great jobs guys!
Old 12-08-2003, 01:02 PM
CafeenMan

ORIGINAL: Mustang51

There's no "Arrogance"as you put it, intended Cafeenman, nor do I feel it "ridiculous" to try to keep a thread on track.
I merely "repost" the thread "guidelines" every now and again(it's been 5 or 6 pages now) so folks know what the intent of the thread is about. An awful lot of people don't take the time to read the original post (of any thread) to see what it's all about, rather, they go to the last page and take it from there.
Most threads on RCU are unique (save the topics that constantly repeat because people don't do a "search" before they pose their questions). "Ripples" are to be expected. I just try to prevent them from becoming "Waves" of off topic postings.

-Mustang51
Have you considered having your own website? It's not difficult or expensive and you will have complete control over what is on it. You can have a gallery of just the cream of the crop of photos and models, write-ups and maybe even some articles explaining how to take these photos so that those who build these beautiful models can also present them as realistically as possible. It would be a shame to have models that are deserving not be represented simply because the builder isn't a photographer.

Web hosting is really inexpensive nowadays. I'm talking a few bucks a month until you get to a huge volume of traffic (RCU kind of traffic). Just a thought.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:27 PM
iflynething

I tihnk that would be a great idea for you Mustang51 to start the webpage, but I think that........NO hang on........if it won't offend you, Mustang51, could I start a thread right next to yours for scale planes that don't have the photo finish like you would like them. I dunno......like......."Scale Photos" and when you open it up, say the requirements that I would like. Just wanted to start this so you won't have to start anything with *******s who don't wanna follow yo9ur criteria............JUST AN IDEA THOUGH.........LEMME SEE WHAT KINDS OF TITLES I CAN GET FROM YOU OR OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!.......AGAIN.........THIS IS A GREAT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.