Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New transmission from ETO Armor

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New transmission from ETO Armor

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 07:52 PM
trackmech81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,
I could go broke refitting all my tanks with these, but for now I am interested too in the t55 option, as well as very curious about the fitment in the upcoming HL Abrams. I am ordering one of those for sure and would be more than happy to use it as a test base LOL.

Chris in Fl.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:04 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Some details about tests - however the main report is on its way...

KT New ETO Gears are on the special mechanical booth.

They are working now without any stop 38 hours with 7 kgs overload.
There is no extra metal elaboration or development from them (simply metal eaten when working)
Motors are very warm but not hot, however we had to put coolers and cooling ribs on them...

That is all for the moment...
Old 12-22-2014, 04:58 AM
easycure

Hi

Do you have any news about this awesome product ? especially for Tamiya JagdPanther ?

cheers
easycure

Last edited by easycure; 12-22-2014 at 05:01 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:57 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Actually, yes. We were at machine shop Friday and the special parts needed for the Panther/Jagdpanther transmissions are being made as we speak. We hope to have the completed parts by the end of this week or early next. The mounts are finished and in my shop, the outdrives also finished and in the tank factory. I will post photos the moment I have the parts. The special Panther/Jagdpanther parts are so you only have to drill the two additional mount holes and bolt the transmission in to the lower hull.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:42 AM
sevoblast

Gentlemen, there is a Santa Claus. Picked up the Panther/Jagdpanther special parts for the transmissions today. I'll have one up and running by tomorrow morning and will photo the little monster.

Since Orthodox Christmas is by the west calendar 07 January, yesterday, West Christmas, was a regular work day in this berg. The little elves were working overtime.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:13 AM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

smashing
Old 12-28-2014, 11:51 AM
sevoblast

Well, apparently Santa was in to the eggnog a bit too much when he drilled the bearing and mounting holes. Bearing holes are 1.5 mm too small which is no big deal, mount holes are off location by, you guessed it, 1.5 mm and that is a big problem. Talked to the elves Saturday and tomorrow bright and early they'll start on a new batch. This batch with the mount holed in the wrong place can not be saved. Sorry, with any luck we'll them by the end of this week.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:19 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sevoblast
Well, apparently Santa was in to the eggnog a bit too much when he drilled the bearing and mounting holes. Bearing holes are 1.5 mm too small which is no big deal, mount holes are off location by, you guessed it, 1.5 mm and that is a big problem. Talked to the elves Saturday and tomorrow bright and early they'll start on a new batch. This batch with the mount holed in the wrong place can not be saved. Sorry, with any luck we'll them by the end of this week.
do you know who will be carrying some of these in Europe? I've got a tiger that would do well to get a set!
Old 12-30-2014, 01:01 AM
sevoblast

Order away! I've got them in stock just to the east of you. Shipping time is about 3 weeks to UK but quite reliable.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:45 AM
godowar

Sevoblast,

Any chance we might see these for the HL M1A2?
How quiet are these transmissions in comparison to default plastic gears -vs- metal gears w/bearings?

GoW
Old 01-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Martellus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any info on t-55 gearboxes?
Old 01-20-2015, 08:36 AM
sevoblast

I have had zero time in the last couple weeks to do anything but work in the Panther units. T 55 will be next on the list, the HL units will be a bit later.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:55 AM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Good stuff. Any chance of a video ? No doubt these are killer items, just that a video is super to see how they performe. My JP is getting one later this year for sure
Old 01-26-2015, 06:49 AM
mondo

What is the weight of these transmissions? I have some impact boxes for a King Tiger but the build quality of them is pretty bad. Tempted by these but want to know a little more about them as the price is pretty high in comparison.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:31 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These are going to go into my next and probably last high end project. When i pull the trigger on the Hl or Taigen M1A1 it will most likely see a set of these once Bob has them in production. no hurry as of yet as I havent decided on an electronics package yet but it will most likely be a TK board or one of Dans with the Bennedini. Thing with the Abrams is it is a must to have a high end sound system in it for it's unique gas turbine.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:15 PM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

So Guys, finally we have received the report from Moscow AutoMechanical Institute.
Now I am working to translate it. Soon it will be uploaded here and at www.d-i-m.su
Old 01-27-2015, 03:26 AM
sevoblast

Originally Posted by mondo
What is the weight of these transmissions? I have some impact boxes for a King Tiger but the build quality of them is pretty bad. Tempted by these but want to know a little more about them as the price is pretty high in comparison.
Weight is roughly 670 grams, aka 1 lb. 7 oz.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:27 AM
sevoblast

Hmmm. Push the button once and get a bunch of replies. Interesting.

Last edited by sevoblast; 01-27-2015 at 03:29 AM.
sevoblast

Ditto.

Last edited by sevoblast; 01-27-2015 at 03:29 AM.
sevoblast

Ditto again. Quad post?

Last edited by sevoblast; 01-27-2015 at 03:31 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:31 AM
sevoblast

Originally Posted by HAL_HUSKER
So Guys, finally we have received the report from Moscow AutoMechanical Institute.
Now I am working to translate it. Soon it will be uploaded here and at www.d-i-m.su
I have had my translator do the report.

Test Report gear type transmission, ETO SO series.

Description: Transmissions put to the test. Comprises of complete:

1. Pair of 100: 1 gear reductions with 2 motors 480 series.

2. Micro gear reductions with a ratio of 1: 100.

3. Final drive gears made of 4 16 tooth hardened steel gears.

4. Screws M4 and M2.

5. Fasteners for gears socket head set screws.

The adjustable output shafts for Tamiya models.
Parts are of course much more simple than in the Tamiya, Walterson or Mato transmissions and they are much more difficult technically, but the transmission assembly is as simple as the AK-47. Power parts which are attached to the output shafts are made of hardened steel 16T gears of 10 mm thickness which power steel shafts with flats under the gear set screws (shafts and universal, but more on that below) and ride on 6 5x10 sealed bearings of very high quality with rubber seals, steel helical gear 4 pcs., tapered with the crown, and fasteners. Helical gears are made very high quality.

You can easily replace the motor with any that have shaft diameter of 2.3 mm to 3.2 mm. Motor pinion is brass, it can be drilled out to a desired diameter without problems. or you can buy a ready module 0.5 with the number of teeth as the old.

Tests for durability and trouble-free operation:

Motor temperatures were measured with an infrared thermometer.
Gearbox was installed on the test stand, load immediately was put 6 kg / cm, power to motor was provided at 7.2v. Motor working with this load was lukewarm, while working 72 hours continuously.
Next, 9 kg / cm - while working 72 hours nonstop, the motor was 43 C.
Next, 12 kg / cm - 72 hours nonstop, the motor was 53 C.
Next 15 kg / cm - 72 hours nonstop, the motor was 58 C.
Next, 18 kg / cm - 48 hours nonstop, the motor was 75 C, temperature rose but not much, but tests had to be stopped because the beginning to smell overheated windings.
Then, on the shaft of the gearbox was installed tape (at the end of the shaft) and it was loaded slowly to 15 kg, in order to identify the amount of load to cause the shaft to break or bend, with the tape wound on the shaft lifting the load from the floor level to the level of 1 meter. The test was completed without breaking the any shafts (although doubts have been thought and a couple of shafts were on hand to replace broken shafts if needed), weight was taken and even more to 17 kg.

Next gearboxes were installed in a tank that is used on the cross-country tests on the road (100 m diameter circle around the parking lot). The tank drove 48 laps spending a 4 Akka 12,000 mAh of 50 planned (not enough charge and 1 ACC was given for other purposes). Failures were observed, although these were jammed tracks (2 times stone fell into the hole for the ring gear and scored it) resulting burnout fuse for the motor for one side track. But all these breakdowns did not affect the transmissions, who worked and worked.

After I disassembled gearboxes. As expected tempered gears working like new, gear reduction bushings appeared almost imperceptible but of course, I noticed them just because I remember what was the play on the new gearbox. Helical gear-never worn. Gear reductions were washed, oiled and re-assembled - test passed.

Conclusions:

1. The gearbox is very reliable and can provide motive power for a tank up to 12 kg of at least 4500 m without significant loss of their qualities.

2. The design of the built-in capability for its universal use in tanks for long and for short shaft tanks.

3. In the case of a repair needed the gear can be removed separately from the output shafts, which is very convenient.

4. The motor gear reduction may at any time be replaced by a similar one.

5. With the final drive shaft gears, we immediately noticed both output shaft can be adjusted slightly to eliminate different distances from the hull side to the edge left and right track assemblies.

6. The rigidity of the structure is just wonderful, no hint of "play" of the gearbox housing.

7. Bearing Units are standard and common, and in the case of breakage may be easily replaced. There are two bearings in each output shaft support which 3 bearings support each shaft going the drive sprocket.

8. Transmission is of highest quality. All parts fit correct. We test Tamiya, Mato, Waltersen, ETO. ETO is best quality and best for performing.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:03 PM
Martellus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is amazing, that really is an awesome piece of work
Old 01-31-2015, 01:00 PM
sevoblast

Originally Posted by Martellus
That is amazing, that really is an awesome piece of work
I must admit even I was surprised. That transmission ran for 11 DAYS non stop and under steadily increasing loads and then ran for 4.8 kilometers, only stopping twice to replace fuses after the tracks were jammed with stones. My experience with the transmissions is if they get jammed with stones, which happens in this rock garden called home, they just break the metal track link. Replace the link and they are good to go.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:11 AM
mondo

I put in an order for some of the KT boxes.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:14 PM
JAMJAR

hi guys, i bought these gears for my Tamiya tiger can not wait to fit and run them, they look great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.