Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Thunder tiger ST-1

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:21 PM
mgtmadness2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder tiger ST-1

Well since hobby shop doesn't have right diff oil. I used 10k,30k,5k. Working on my pro kit now.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:23 PM
ericem

ORIGINAL: mgtmadness2006

Well since hobby shop doesn't have right diff oil. I used 10k,30k,5k. Working on my pro kit now.
sounds good! Should work just fine. Be sure when you put together the differential to lube the o-rings with some diff fluid! Use the 5k fluid to lube them up.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:27 PM
spikeman

Well I was just about to trade my ST-1 for a muggy then my dad said that it makes no sence to trade a brand new upgraded ST-1 for a used stock muggy. I see his point I guess
Old 02-05-2008, 08:34 PM
mgtmadness2006

ORIGINAL: ericem

ORIGINAL: mgtmadness2006

sounds good! Should work just fine. Be sure when you put together the differential to lube the o-rings with some diff fluid! Use the 5k fluid to lube them up.
I used a little green slime on the O-rings.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Mr.Slave

listen to your elders.
they are always right.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:42 PM
mgtmadness2006

My first kit i built was in 1984 or 1985. I had built a gold tub 6 geared rc10., 2nd was a rc10L,then a rc10T, then rc10B2, then a rc10T2, then a rc10T4, a CDK, and a terminator.
I now have 5 RC's well 6.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:47 PM
ericem

Nice! Those rc10 kits now adays are worth alot in the vintage world. Good stuff with the ae slime. I just bought a tube.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 PM
mgtmadness2006

yeah they are worth alot. too bad, i hacked mine up to make it a mid motor. I didnt know much about rc back then.That rc10 didnt last long. but i do still have my caliber that i used on my rc10T(included narrow front tires) broken though. Sticker on transmitter module says 1991 or 1992, for inspection or something.I did have it repaired 1 time though.
good days when I used a reedy modified 10T double in the RC10T.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:15 PM
ericem

haha welcome to the new world of lipo's and brushless XD

Good news just bought my sportwerks chaos $95 shipped. CAN NOT wait!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=019
Old 02-05-2008, 09:16 PM
KeithjV

ORIGINAL: trot4fun

ORIGINAL: KeithjV

Has anyone here had to deal directly with AceHobby? I bought a new ST-1 and it came with a damaged body. I contacted Thunder Tiger who authorized AceHobby to send me a new body. Its been well over a month and I still have not received anything. First they blamed the USPS for a shipping error. Then they told me they shipped it out again and sent me a tracking number. Today I checked the tracking number and it shows it was delivered yesterday to the wrong STATE. They cant even manage to ship an order to the correct state, what kind customer service is that? I called to complain and tell them about the shipping error, AGAIN, and the person I spoke to acted as if I was making the whole thing up even though the USPS tracking site clearly shows the body was delivered to Florida.
I really like my ST-1 but with the lack of support from TT I can understand why its not more popular then it is.
I apologize for my rant but I needed to let someone know. And hopefully someone from TT and Ace read this forum.
Thanks

I bought my ST-1 from AMain and the body was messed up as well. Called AMain and they sent out new body on the same day.
I bought the truck through a private vendor so I had to contact Thunder Tiger directly. They authorized the replacement right of way but it had to come from their distributor, which is AceHobby. So far I am NOT AT ALL impressed with AceHobby. Their communication is terrible. and it takes forever to get a response from them. And like I said above, when I called them they gave me an attitude like I was making the story up. The shipping error could be the USPS fault, but since its the second time with this same body, I wonder what the problem really is. TT really needs to find a better distributor.
I ordered some parts last week from Amainhobbies.com and I have to say their customer service was SUPERB. I was very happy dealing with them and will definitely do business with them again. AceHobby should take a lesson from Amain.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:17 PM
jombo

i know , i wish i kept mine instead of throwing them away
Old 02-05-2008, 09:39 PM
chedster

Nice! let me know how you like it, they look fun for the price. It's either that are a mini heli.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Fikse7

Has anyone here had to deal directly with AceHobby? I bought a new ST-1 and it came with a damaged body. I contacted Thunder Tiger who authorized AceHobby to send me a new body. Its been well over a month and I still have not received anything. First they blamed the USPS for a shipping error. Then they told me they shipped it out again and sent me a tracking number. Today I checked the tracking number and it shows it was delivered yesterday to the wrong STATE. They cant even manage to ship an order to the correct state, what kind customer service is that? I called to complain and tell them about the shipping error, AGAIN, and the person I spoke to acted as if I was making the whole thing up even though the USPS tracking site clearly shows the body was delivered to Florida.
I really like my ST-1 but with the lack of support from TT I can understand why its not more popular then it is.
I apologize for my rant but I needed to let someone know. And hopefully someone from TT and Ace read this forum.
Thanks
I totally feel for you in dealing with ACE HOBBY. My rant is several pages back. Their customer support is just ridiculous!!! Ask to speak to a Manager, it seemed to help my situation.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
KeithjV

ORIGINAL: Fikse7

Thanks
I totally feel for you in dealing with ACE HOBBY. My rant is several pages back. Their customer support is just ridiculous!!! Ask to speak to a Manager, it seemed to help my situation.
I want to know how they stay in business the way they operate. Hopefully Ill get my body soon and NEVER have to deal with AceHobby again. Ive emailed Thunder Tiger directly a number of times telling them how bad AceHobby is, Im not sure TT even cares.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:31 PM
jombo

sweet deal i have ben looking at it also at amain ,post here how it is i might get one.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:33 PM
ericem

I will definitely get some video's and good close up pictures. I am reading about differential problems. Seems like simple shimming the diffs and using a good lithium grease would help or prevent problems all together.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:53 AM
ItchyBum

Darkfae, yes i have a set but i have the ST-1 PRO. I cant seem to find them anywhere on the net except in the PRO kit, sorry

Spikeman, you would totally regret swapping your ST-1 for a Muggy unless you really wanted a big fat slow pig instead of an indestructable land rocket. I think a better name for the Muggy would be The Sluggy.

Ericem, i pretty sure they are Proline Crime Fighter MTR tyres but it looks like your out of luck anyway and im also pretty sure you are due for some video postage of your ST-1 and your new chaos in a little street battle
Old 02-06-2008, 10:46 AM
jombo

i just got some good stuff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71738.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	871478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69805.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	871479  
Old 02-06-2008, 02:01 PM
soccerlaw

ORIGINAL: jombo

i just got some good stuff
Ok, so finally success! Thanks for all your help guys. Anyway, it was a little warmer this weekend and got the beast going for a full tank. You have no idea how happy I was to get it moving. What it has done though is create more questions! I apologize that several of them have been answered but this site is a beeeeee-yatch to search through. I seriously think we need to start a sticky with some frequently asked questions. Anyway, here are my questions:

1.) Tuning. My car spits out a ton of fuel out of the pipe and does not last very long. It also takes quite a bit of gas to get it moving (and stalls out when not warmed up). I'm assuming this is all b/c it's running rich. Just want to confirm though as very nervous about it being too lean and trashing it before it's even broken in.

2.) Steering. How much steering is normal? It seemed to take over the width of a one lane street to make a turn under 1/4 throttle. This didn't seem right.

a.) I'm using the high torque servo from my spektrum for steering. If I was going to change - what were the recommendations you guys gave? Madmax I know you took the last circus (sp?) but anything under $50 that would be ok for racing or should I just suck it up and spend $100 on a good one?

b.) Steering mod - will this give me drastically more steering? Is it worth doing?

Thanks again for all your help guys. Also, after being so excited about getting a tank through it I went out and followed ericem's lead and picked up a chaos - was delivered today so I should have it when I get home tonight!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:54 PM
slayerphonics

Lean that sucker out that stock motor likes it hot

Your truck should turn on a dime on the concrete

Adjust end points and linkages
Old 02-06-2008, 02:58 PM
redfox03

probably get a better servo too, i'm running the hitec 5955 in mine. nothing like 333 oz/inch of overkill torque to get those wheels in the right direction. yep, it's running rich, so just turn the high speed needle like a 1/4 turn to the right till it's just right. what motor are you running?
Old 02-06-2008, 03:13 PM
ericem

ORIGINAL: ItchyBum

Darkfae, yes i have a set but i have the ST-1 PRO. I cant seem to find them anywhere on the net except in the PRO kit, sorry

Spikeman, you would totally regret swapping your ST-1 for a Muggy unless you really wanted a big fat slow pig instead of an indestructable land rocket. I think a better name for the Muggy would be The Sluggy.

Ericem, i pretty sure they are Proline Crime Fighter MTR tyres but it looks like your out of luck anyway and im also pretty sure you are due for some video postage of your ST-1 and your new chaos in a little street battle
Ya I also need to find my good cam it is definitely gone now.... Oh well I will call my friend over and ill take out a tripod and get some good video's. My friend made a awesome ramp to!!
Old 02-06-2008, 03:20 PM
soccerlaw

Running the stock motor. As I'm only through my first tank I figured I would put up with it running a little rich for a while (until about tank 5 or 6) to make sure I didn't do anything stupid. Also, I'm really impressed with your guys patience. I was only running it for a few minutes and wanted to gun it WOT so badly! Luckily I held back after hearing all the warnings from you guys.

ORIGINAL: redfox03

probably get a better servo too, i'm running the hitec 5955 in mine. nothing like 333 oz/inch of overkill torque to get those wheels in the right direction. yep, it's running rich, so just turn the high speed needle like a 1/4 turn to the right till it's just right. what motor are you running?
Old 02-06-2008, 03:51 PM
jombo

just lean the high speed a 1/8 of a turn every 2 tanks ,by tank 5 it should be fine maybe some fine tuning .
steering ........
in the manual it will tell you to set up for bumpy track or smooth track do the smooth track setup you will gain alot of steering without the mod and changed the caster block in the back to 1rr. i am using the stock servos and so far they are working for me. if you want the cirrus servos are 29or 39 dont remember at hobby people but dont get the digital servo get the analog , the digital servo will glitch with the stock radio. the steering mod is a good mod and wood recommend it , i plan on doing it when i get more time .

yes my rc stand is a cen genesis tire lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Di98831.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	871605   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kd90061.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	871606   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vg55418.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	871607   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vm84129.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	871608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ik90263.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	871609  
Old 02-06-2008, 04:25 PM
jombo

here is even more st1 setup for more steering
http://www.rcmonstertruckforum.com/index.php?page=19
i cant find the mod for the steering but i think it was getting a longer turnbuckle for the steering servo or you can make your own turnbuckle with some round metal stock and a die set.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.