Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Is the Traxxas T Maxx reliable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 07:31 PM
bubbafien
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is the Traxxas T Maxx reliable?

why do you see almost ALL t maxxes in the top rankings of mt classes? it is because it is the best. period.

bubbafien
Old 11-06-2003, 08:56 PM
MrSavage

i think tmaxxas are unbeatable trucks when hopped up and if you are an absolute glwo engine expert, then it should be very reliable but the 2.5 is tricky to tune if new or have even some experience with glow engines. it'll break more often than a stock savage because it is faster and 1/10 scale and lighter. every time i go into my lhs, some hjas there tmaxx in there bein worked on, not a good sign to me. thats just my opinion!
Old 11-07-2003, 12:00 AM
bubbafien

i would ahve to say that it is definitly the BEST platform, for a truck, racing ot bashing. if you know what you are doing then it will be reliable, i have personally had minimal problems and none with the stock engine. the savage might be an easier truck to learn on though. but neither the trx 2.5 or the t maxx are POS's like some claim they are. it is 99% of the time the owners fault.

bubbafien
Old 11-07-2003, 05:34 AM
TheMachine

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See thats the thing.....its just like the old tamiya hornets !...they are light and pissing fast with a hot engine(I actually like the TRX2.5, its a diamond/fluke in the rough [:-]....so I have never said a bad word against it .... I think the truck its self is POSish)..... The problem comes when you touch somthing or try to be a little rough with the truck/car it breaks !... sure it can take a few knocks, and survive, or so you think... for now ! The T-Max plastics and driveline are totally tyco/Radioshack/K-Mart type stuff, they suck and break frequently... you really need to spend some serious cash to make it run for more than about 3 gallons, I think that once you hit 3 gallons the crappy plastics, metal gears, bearings, alloy and design will be fully fatigued and breaking like there ain`t no tommorow. Soooo then you go aftermarket .....hop-ups so they say.. more like candy really ! I bet big money that everyone that has said they spent $600 on thier T-Max and now its bullet proof has REALLY spent closer $1000-$1200...and even more !!!, I know whats going on so don`t even try it on for size [X(]...I try to fool myself some times too .

If traxxas(and I have been waiting !) did what just about everybody(including the traxxas forums moderaters !!! Ha !) MUST do to thier T-Max not far down the road from new, and that is put a FOC, better plastic(RPM or proline) suspension, shock towers, body posts, bulkheads(VERY poor design) and then maybe raise the bar even further and fix/improve diff cases, tranny case, tranny gears and better steel&machining in the driveline gears and bearings(up the size and modify truck to suit in the diff side gear area) they would have a serios, serious market share/domination.....and a lot of happy maxers, they could even up the price a fair bit and still have no complaints.

The T-Max is a made in tawian POS.... its a throw away truck and or a money pit. It sounds like you T-Max defenders are yet to learn your lesson... do it the hard way if you must

TM
Old 11-07-2003, 05:17 PM
j-maxx

nop i havent
Old 11-08-2003, 05:09 AM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The thing that makes me laugh is (some) people that have the t maxx will defend it to the bitter end. These people remind me of some kind of old man and his 1928 model T ford saying/babling about how good it is... the model T might have been a good car back then but things change and progress, tech advances and products get better over time. The t maxx had its day and I suspect over time it will wind up in the same place as the traxxas nitro hawk / model T ford.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:32 AM
j-maxx

not defendin it to the better end all im sayin is u upgrade the t-maxx ur goin to have an awsome truck
Old 11-08-2003, 10:41 AM
bubbafien

the gears in diff gears in the maxx are not weak, actually they are stronger than rrp's. i have not broken 1 thing on my maxx and i have roughed it up. (plastic diff cups are a weak link, i have broke those). but are you trying to tell me aht you have your truck (whatever it is) bone stock? no, i doubt you do.

bubbbafien
Old 11-08-2003, 07:19 PM
TheMachine

The diff gears are stronger than rrp gears..ahahahahahaahaa thats funny ! they may be stronger than some aftermarket crud, but they still suck ! Its the whole diff design that sucks, the bearings and totally inadaquate and not protected from dirt ingres. Is my T-Max truck stock @!.. of course not ! it had to be fixed/improved so I could drive it at all !

j-maxx - yeah maybe if you spend TWICE(or more) the trucks value on parts you could have a good truck....but I`d rather have a buggy, a Savage and an on-road car than a expensive piece of crap T-Max.

Is my Savage stock would be a better question !....and altho I have installed a powerful engine it IS still bone stock otherwise !!!!!! Completely stock and it rocks...and gets the crap thrashed/jumped/crashed out of it and comes back for more.
I can also see it being stock for a long time yet... it doesn`t need any upgrades !

TM
Old 11-08-2003, 08:08 PM
bubbafien

you can ask anyone who has any experience, because you obviously don't. the trx ring and pinion will last longer than rrp.

bubbafien
Old 11-08-2003, 08:20 PM
TheMachine

hahaha Look dude... I know all about the T-Max diffs, and I never said the RRP gear was stronger that the TRX, its actually a higher tensile steel in the RRP gears and thus brittle, so it looses teeth...unlike the TRX which will get worn down eventually. The diff will only survive using the TRX gear sets if you use alloy cases and expensive boca green bearings. My point is that they still suck and will break whichever way you look at it so its still a pile of crap.

The T-max blows chunks

TM
Old 11-08-2003, 08:59 PM
bubbafien

OR....learn to tune your truck! it is called shimming your diffs. if you cant do this then it is likely that you cant do other things as well either.

bubbafien
Old 11-08-2003, 11:16 PM
j-maxx

i havent pent that much and my truck doent break when i beat the ***! out of it
Old 11-08-2003, 11:27 PM
TheMachine

ORIGINAL: bubbafien

OR....learn to tune your truck! it is called shimming your diffs. if you cant do this then it is likely that you cant do other things as well either.

bubbafien
Oh OK you must be right and I must be wrong, everybody out there that has spat a T-crap diff must not know jack about what they are doing, I bow to your BS ...no amount of shimming is going to make T-crap diffs stand up to .21 power for very long....unless you spend big money on alloy cases and cups and 3mm screws and bearings etc...then you might as well get SM diffs(costs the same) or wait...you could get a buggy for the price of SM diffs and CVD`s !!! I`ll just go buy the sm diffs then - NOT

Blow it out your arse, YOU don`t know what your talking about and it sounds like your 12 years old too(no offence to 12 year olds with a decent attitude and that are not in denile about thier T-crap weaknesses).

TM
Old 11-09-2003, 11:44 AM
bubbafien

we are talking about gears not cups. ring and pinion. and we never said anything about a .21, did we? the RING AND PINION will hold up. the plastic cuo and screws wont.

the price you pay for sm parts is not that expensive. it is stronger than anything else on the market, and almost as light as stock.
cvd's are worth the money. 1 set of SM cvd's or fixing MIP 5-6 times, which cost less? exactly...

bubbafien
Old 11-09-2003, 01:52 PM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shouldn't the diffs work out of the box and not need shimming?
Old 11-09-2003, 02:49 PM
packerfan3001

they do work out of the box with the 2.5(and probaly other SB's)
Old 11-09-2003, 03:55 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

its not reliable....thats why we sold it ...
Old 11-09-2003, 04:25 PM
j-maxx

exactly packerfan
Old 11-09-2003, 06:16 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

hey Accident...ever thought it's not the engines fault its not running right, maby its your fault. A good R/C nitro driver can proporly tune their engine. And even if you do have the correct needle settings, it could be from you not treating it right. Overheating, unproper break-in, bad fuel, dirt inside engine...the list is endless
Old 11-09-2003, 06:21 PM
packerfan3001

only thing i dont like about it is the dam carb sticking. its because of me when i first got my MS airfilter it fell off when i noticed..it was to late and now i need a new car body thing.....I HATE COMPSITE CARBS!
Old 11-09-2003, 07:04 PM
bubbafien

you probably need a new piston and sleeve also, maybe bearings. ever notice, that the best carbs made are composite? hint: novarossi

bubbafien
Old 11-09-2003, 07:17 PM
packerfan3001

you got a point.....
Old 11-11-2003, 08:30 PM
HondaCRX

uhhhhhh.... my 2.5 is pretty reliable, exept for its bad habit of obliterating glo plugs.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:14 PM
superbasher

my friend has a maxx and hasnt brokeen a part yet he has had it for a year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.