Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera Dragonfly #36

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 10:18 PM
HeliSmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera Dragonfly #36

Yeah I totally missed that section of the question.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:25 PM
rocketman1974

so the rudder blades are not to be straight.because i set them to be straight and i tried to get off the ground and the heli starts to spin.i turned the heli off and the rudder blades are not where i had them.is there something holding the blades from going back straight
Old 04-15-2007, 01:37 AM
spOon2410

If they are straight, or in other terms zero pitch, they dont push any air to counter the force of the motor, and therefore the heli will spin counterclockwise.
You want to set them up so that the pushrod on the tail shaft is around the middle. This means you can pitch your tail blades equally both ways.
For now you can try just adjusting the rudder trim on the transmitter, while spinning your blades slowly on a slippery surface (such as hardwood floor, garage, or cement with training gear). You can adjust the trim until the helicopter doesnt wait to rotate either direction. They as you increase throttle more you may need to adjust slightly again.

Just remember; take it slowly, dont push yourself, its hard learning. I would recommend following RADD's School of Rotary Flight. It should help a lot. Heres a link.

http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html
Old 04-15-2007, 03:37 AM
TrumpetRhapsody

Also, make sure you're gyro isn't set to AVCS or set too sensitive. When i got my copter, the tail would slowly keep adding pitch until it maxed out the servo b/c the gyro was set too sensitive.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:22 AM
rc craig

hi evry1, iv had 2 renew the main gear on my walkera 36 which ofcourse means taking almost evrything else off to get to it. Anyway when i re-assembled it the largest gear seems to be too high up and is hitting the frame. Iv put a ball bearing set in between the 2 gears when i re-assembled but is it meant to be there, and if not where does it go???

plz help.....and pictures would be gr8.....thnx
Old 04-15-2007, 11:02 AM
HeliSmith

ORIGINAL: rc craig

hi evry1, iv had 2 renew the main gear on my walkera 36 which ofcourse means taking almost evrything else off to get to it. Anyway when i re-assembled it the largest gear seems to be too high up and is hitting the frame. Iv put a ball bearing set in between the 2 gears when i re-assembled but is it meant to be there, and if not where does it go???

plz help.....and pictures would be gr8.....thnx
Hi Craig,

I haven't disassembled my 36 yet but I feel I have some information which may help you. Rollin Thunder
has described a way to remove your gears by merely spreading your frame a little. You can find it in this series:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_31...79/key_/tm.htm

Also there is a exploded diagram of the 36 here: (There is a picture there, try scrolling over) Warning: That is not a stock head!

Or you could signup as a user for Ehirbo and download the 18 page manual which pages 13 and 14 are a schematic of the 36B.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:55 PM
rocketman1974

i think the gyro is set too sensitive because it would max out the servo to one side.where do i need to set the gyro at.and how do i know if it is set to avcs mode. can someone send a pic to show where to set the gyro.is it the ds switch on the gyro
Old 04-15-2007, 09:04 PM
TrumpetRhapsody

I don't have any pics, but i'll try to explain. On the side of the gyro there are two switches and a "pot" (hole with a knob in it). You'll need a tiny flat head screwdriver to adjust it. Just turn it until it stops moving the servo without the rotors even going. Find the switch that says AVCS or Norm, and set it to Norm. I'll let someone else explain in more detail how to actually calibrate the gyro to get the most efficient use of it's features, but that should stop the problem.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:56 PM
rocketman1974

ok on the gyro it has a delay and a extent with screw driver adjustment .with the acvs there is and reverse and a normal.and there is a ds and normal switch.it is set to ds and the reverse
Old 04-15-2007, 11:05 PM
dawizz

Hi Guys,

I just got my KA450H brushless motor and I have a small problem, In my old Motor I have two wires, a red and Black one,
On the new motor I have three all black, My question is, what goes where??? and what is the 3rd wire for ????

thanks..
Old 04-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Rollin Thunder

Hey that's one great motor you got there. Don't worry about what wire goes ware. Just plug the three wires together between the esc and motor. If it runs the wrong way, reverse two of the three wires. The shaft is held in place by magnetic force. It's important to run the motor and let the magnetic forces position it's shaft before mounting the pinion.

Edit:

After re-reading your question I realized you may not have a brushless esc. Is that correct? If so then you need a brushless esc. It's very late. More latter.
ORIGINAL: dawizz

Hi Guys,

I just got my KA450H brushless motor and I have a small problem, In my old Motor I have two wires, a red and Black one,
On the new motor I have three all black, My question is, what goes where??? and what is the 3rd wire for ????

thanks..
Old 04-16-2007, 12:39 AM
TrumpetRhapsody

I'm guessing the delay is probably the sensitivity, so try that one. The extent is for adjusting if the gyro tries to make the servo move the tail too far.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:38 AM
dawizz

Thanx Rollin Thunder,

No I dont have a brushless esc by the looks of it, I have been looking around and would the K10256A 35A Brushless ESC (Govener Mode) RCE-BL35G K10256A OR the
K10304A 35A Brushless ESC(Governer Mode) RCE-BL35X (BEC output:6V) suit the DF#36?
Sorry I dont know what the differenc are between them, Could someone explain this to me and suggest??

Another question, Do brushless motors need to be run in?
Hey, I know it might be a dumb question, but I'm full of them.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Rollin Thunder

dawizz

I'm using this [link=http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=1298]ESC[/link] on the same motor with great results.

No need to run the brushes in because it's brushless
Old 04-16-2007, 03:57 PM
rc craig

hey thanks helismith, tht eploded diagram is great! should be able to fix it no problem now.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:14 PM
HeliSmith

ORIGINAL: rc craig

hey thanks helismith, tht eploded diagram is great! should be able to fix it no problem now.
rc craig,

Your welcome, no problem. Yeah I didn't expect it to explode like that but after I posted it I was in awe! That picture is from hooobby.com as a diagram for the 36B aluminum head. That's the best quality diagram I have found of the 36B to date.

HS
Old 04-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Rattlecat

Rollin,
How does the activation work on the soft start ? My BL-35G has a very slow spoolup but the softstart needs the throttle to be off for 15 seconds to activate, otherwise it's a hard start. On the Phoenix 35, I have the spoolup speed set to fast, almost like no spoolup limiting, but I have startup torque low and it sort of starts with a very mild kick that bumps the tail about 20* . There is no activation delay.
I do like the delay in the Align esc, but the softstart is more reliable in the phoenix.

CH
Old 04-16-2007, 07:14 PM
guru101

rocketman

I am not exactly sure of the termanology of the walkera gyro (i have futaba 401), but the "extent" pot should limit the amount of travel your servo has. This is used to stop your servo pushing linkages beyond their limit, and therefore stripping gears. The "DS" switch is used to select whether you are using a digital or a standard servo on the tail. Digital servo's run faster than analog servo's and that is why you have the choice to select what you are using, instructions for my GY401 explain that you can ruin a standard servo if your gyro is set to DS. The ACVS switch should switch you between AVCS and Standard modes, for setting up you should be in standard mode. My 401 instructions also explain that when using a digital servo you should have the delay pot turned down to zero. I know that the Futaba GY401 is a completly different bit of gear but the functions and use of them should be the same or very similar to what i have explained. If not i am sure someone will chip in with some more details about the walkera gyro.
Hope this help to explain a bit about what things do.
Cheers guru[8D]
ORIGINAL: rocketman1974

ok on the gyro it has a delay and a extent with screw driver adjustment .with the acvs there is and reverse and a normal.and there is a ds and normal switch.it is set to ds and the reverse
Old 04-16-2007, 08:26 PM
dawizz

Hey Thanx Mate,

I will give it a try...
Old 04-16-2007, 09:37 PM
spOon2410

Well I just spent the last few days just tinkering with my 36, not actually flying it.
I had my first flight for a while tonight with it, and boy did it ever fly nicely!
I adjusted: The gyro settings, squared up a lot of the head and servo arms, and added a better home-made deans type antenna. Didnt try your fancy one, but this one seems to work great. I attached a pic of my new antenna (i tore off the old one because i was not happy with it).
I pretty much just tried putting my gryo settings to "stock" or straight up and down, and it works very well. No more wobble or tail wag.
Im really happy with my heli now... I was having some doubts before...

On another note, kinda, if I were to do a range test, and not pull the antenna on the transmitter out, would that be like being even further away?
I tried doing just that, and stood maybe 100 feet away, with the antenna short, and it seemed to work just fine. I know some of the digital remotes have a special range testing function where it only gives a percentage of the signal strength, would this be kind of the same idea?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28842.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	666246  
Old 04-17-2007, 01:18 AM
Rollin Thunder

The manual only gives instructions for setting timing and brake. I don't think it has a programmable "soft start" but it will start very softly. If I very slowly apply throttle the blades will start and ill increase throttle as the blades catch up. Or I can jump right up to half stick and it will kick hard! No activation needed. It's very smooth starting just by the pilot. I like this better than the Align soft start because it would make you wait longer than necessary before giving over the throttle control.
ORIGINAL: Chophop

Rollin,
How does the activation work on the soft start ? My BL-35G has a very slow spoolup but the softstart needs the throttle to be off for 15 seconds to activate, otherwise it's a hard start. On the Phoenix 35, I have the spoolup speed set to fast, almost like no spoolup limiting, but I have startup torque low and it sort of starts with a very mild kick that bumps the tail about 20* . There is no activation delay.
I do like the delay in the Align esc, but the softstart is more reliable in the phoenix.

CH
Old 04-17-2007, 07:43 AM
Orion1024

Rollin,

I've heard from several sources that the Dynam ESCs are programmable with the JETI card...you should give it a try. I was thinking there's a possibility some of the options might not be accessible thru TX programming, but possibly with the program card. For $8 it's worth a shot to see what happens.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:36 AM
TrumpetRhapsody

Is Dynam a brand or a type of esc?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:13 AM
HeliSmith

ORIGINAL: TrumpetRhapsody

Is Dynam a brand or a type of esc?
http://www.peakmodel.com/index.php?m...ex&cPath=12_62
Old 04-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Rollin Thunder

Thanks Orion. I think Ive read that also. From what I can tell the JETI does not have a soft start option. But I'm happy with the esc the way it is.
ORIGINAL: Orion1024

Rollin,

I've heard from several sources that the Dynam ESCs are programmable with the JETI card...you should give it a try. I was thinking there's a possibility some of the options might not be accessible thru TX programming, but possibly with the program card. For $8 it's worth a shot to see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.