Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA 37

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 06:30 PM
GMoneyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WALKERA 37

[quote]ORIGINAL: armycopter

Hey Jim, where did you get the camera? I'm thinking of doing it too. Of course I have to add it to my list.... GY401 gyro, DX6 TX/RX, CNC Head, etc., etc.

Army.. Go on Ebay I just saw camera kits complete,for $9.99 Plus $10.00 to ship in U.S. Look under "rc camera"
Old 10-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Heliwannabe

I bought it at Frys Electronics for $89.00. I comes with a 2.4 Gig camera set up for a 9 volt battery and a receiver that outputs to a standard RCA video jack. The camera and power plug weigh about 4 oz but half the weight is the power recepticle and plug which could be eliminated if weight is a consideration. Since I didn't want to add the weight of the 9v battery I found a mini power plug and soldered directly to my 11.1v lipo., see photo. So far no problems with the extra voltage. I tested the camera with 15v from my power supply applied for hours and no problems. I think they were designed for 12v operation anyway. I've only had it around 20 ft away but its supposed to be good for around 300 ft line of sight. The thing that amazed me is that is was not a blurry vibrating picture. Just a little shaking while spooling up and rock solid at hover. There is occasional horiz lines though. I'll keep you posted.

[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77642.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	285.7 KB
ID:	549568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62874.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	297.7 KB
ID:	549569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg93678.jpg
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	549570  
Old 10-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Heliwannabe

FYI the bird is a 1lb 9.0oz or 710g as shown and picks up effortlessly. The scary part is I'm still using the stock Walkera electronics and plastic mechanics for the most part and the camera is mounted in a pretty venerable spot.

I'll try to do some more flying this weekend but this AZ weather has been perfect for motorcycling and I have been pouring on the miles.

Enjoy

Jim

Old 10-28-2006, 02:58 AM
streetforcegp2

heliwannabe,

you should post some of the videos your taking that would be nice......
Old 10-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Heliwannabe

I need to figure an interface to my computer. Right now I can only record to my VCR.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:09 AM
W37 Cepeda

The head will fit, you may have to modify the shaft, maybe shave off a bit from the top
in order to align the hole.. will verify that soon..

The challenge is on the servos. That Df60 metal head works in a reverse pitch cycle.

Ours works on a positive cycle.. It moves up the swashplate and applies more pitch.

This head , starts with the swashplate all the way up, and to increase the pitch and get
enough for lift off, the swashplate has to be moved down, hence the problem.

How do we program our remote to do that? second, I do have the manual for that head
and it does indicate the dip settings for the DF60 7ch remote, but will those settings work? I have to
confirm this. You can try. find the manual for this head on the Heribo website.

W37

ORIGINAL: armycopter

Cepeda, let me know, because I've thought of buying one. I need something better than the plastic but don't want to shell out the $125 for the Sonix head.

ORIGINAL: W37 Cepeda

I wonder is that crappy metal head and tail works on the DF37? hum..that would be something do try... cause that
head is inexpensive... and cost less then 60 bucks for the kit which includes the rudder too
Old 10-30-2006, 09:10 AM
soneebee

you have to also interchange the 2 & 6 servo... to be able to have the movement of the servo to be correct... I stated that on the metal head assembly manual..

happy flying

The head will fit, you may have to modify the shaft, maybe shave off a bit from the top

The challenge is on the servos. That Df60 metal head works in a reverse pitch cycle.

Ours works on a positive cycle.. It moves up the swashplate and applies more pitch.

This head , starts with the swashplate all the way up, and to increase the pitch and get

How do we program our remote to do that? second, I do have the manual for that head
and it does indicate the dip settings for the DF60 7ch remote, but will those settings work? I have to

W37

Cepeda, let me know, because I've thought of buying one. I need something better than the plastic but don't want to shell out the $125 for the Sonix head.

I wonder is that crappy metal head and tail works on the DF37? hum..that would be something do try... cause that
head is inexpensive... and cost less then 60 bucks for the kit which includes the rudder too
Old 10-30-2006, 09:40 AM
W37 Cepeda

Excellent. Then we have something to start with.
Thanks for the input Soneebee, if possible.... can you point
to the link where the manual is located?

thanks

w37

ORIGINAL: soneebee

you have to also interchange the 2 & 6 servo... to be able to have the movement of the servo to be correct... I stated that on the metal head assembly manual..

happy flying

W37

Old 10-30-2006, 09:51 AM
soneebee

You can get it from here.. its posted on the download section of the forum....

[link]http://www.walkera-heli.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14[/link]

hope it works...
Old 10-30-2006, 06:55 PM
streetforcegp2

what channel does the left servo on the head assembly go on? about the rights servo both when looking at the front of heli....

by da way this is for the 37

thanks

ed
Old 10-31-2006, 09:01 AM
W37 Cepeda

ARMYCOPTER

The best solution for metal head conversion is to buy them part by part.
That Df60 head is a piece of crap. I don't want you to get it, cause the 1st crash, it will break. Believe me, I know,
I bought the DF60C that I tested, I own it know, and believe me, if I can't get an Align head on it, I will
convert it to a DF37. I have 3 sets of this DF60C head. I will be testing it today to see if it fits, if you like I can send you one, see it
for yourself, the part is a pathetic looking piece of aluminium. The swashplate comes apart in two, you have to glue it. Im telling you,
it may not be worth it, only if its cheap enough. If you can get it for less then 50 bucks, your are PAR.

Search on ebay for the trex 450 bell crank, the links , the control arms, the blade holders.. etc. If you need a list I can help you,
but I think I posted here already a complete list of what you need. Its better , cause it does not break. EVEN with that
horrible crash, the Head did not break.

W37
Old 10-31-2006, 10:41 AM
armycopter

Thanks Cepeda,

This is the one that I want:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9789&rd=1&rd=1

I have their CNC tail and its fantastic. Great quality, so I have no reason to believe the head is any different.

As far as the 60 head goes, I have heard mixed reviews on it. I really don't want to waste the money on it if you think it's no good. I was HOPING it would be decent but its nice to know ahead of time that the quality is poor.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:32 AM
W37 Cepeda

Yes, that one will work, but I must tell you, that' s not Align made.

So I don't really know about the quality of it, but RC and Me i do know.. I don't beleive they will sell
that sort of equipment if it was not good. 119.00 is very decent.. ask him about if it has some
warrantee against failure.

if so, then go for it.

W37

Thanks Cepeda,

This is the one that I want:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9789&rd=1&rd=1

I have their CNC tail and its fantastic. Great quality, so I have no reason to believe the head is any different.

As far as the 60 head goes, I have heard mixed reviews on it. I really don't want to waste the money on it if you think it's no good. I was HOPING it would be decent but its nice to know ahead of time that the quality is poor.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:33 PM
armycopter

Yeah, except I want a DX6 more than the head!! Just need to come up with the funds... or maybe Santa (my wife) will bring it!
Old 10-31-2006, 06:33 PM
streetforcegp2

the 37 plastic body kinda sux b/c when u overtighten the screw, screw will go in and u cant get the screw out....i hella need a new one....
Old 11-01-2006, 10:36 PM
mcdaniel

Hi there to ALL
Hey W37cepeda ,you are doing well, if we all ignore this guy ,he finally get tired an get lost(hope that), When it comes to Walkera 37 you seem to be,"The Man". I have saved most of your postings in my computer, and when I am able to buy parts, all of that information will help me out to $$$$$ave money and ofcourse use ALIGN parts . OK ,I install this Whip Antenna in my heli and it really looks very nice and clean, the heli is flying very well and stable, but during fly time it seen that the motor loose it power for about 1/2sec (Armycopter report same problems),and the heli shake it self it doing that 2-3 times per fly session (I think I can live with that for now ,until get worse), Since Army report same ,he already change all servos but the problem continue(Army can update this info),In my case, my 37 heli fly very nice with All stock servos so its posible that the problems comes from another place. Now I ordered two Tower pro 9g servos for make some test. I will report soon.
Thanks for share info , thanks to All.
This is images of my Ultimate fly machine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10725.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	552812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95065.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	552813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57249.jpg
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	552814  
Old 11-01-2006, 10:54 PM
mcdaniel

HI there
I almost forget,I can't find in my LHS one screwdriver that fit in mainframe body holes of the heli , that can take off those mini screws, that hold the tail boom, now I cant change my tail boom ,if need do it, Anybody can tell me online store for order and with item number.
Thanks.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:48 AM
streetforcegp2

ORIGINAL: mcdaniel

HI there
I almost forget,I can't find in my LHS one screwdriver that fit in mainframe body holes of the heli , that can take off those mini screws, that hold the tail boom, now I cant change my tail boom ,if need do it, Anybody can tell me online store for order and with item number.
Thanks.
go to SEARS and get the smallest philip screw driver they have made by craftsman you can either buy them individual or as a set the number on the top should 0000 i think thats the smallest one they have but theres alot there.......
Old 11-02-2006, 08:09 AM
W37 Cepeda

Let me ask you this question? What Lipo battery are you using... second, if you have more than one, does it do it with the other battery?
You may have an intermittent cell..how do you charge your battery?

When you loose power, is it a glitch? do all three servos jerk the swashplate down, or its a loss of RPMs on the motor?

Get back to ASAP.

W37

Hi there to ALL
Hey W37cepeda ,you are doing well, if we all ignore this guy ,he finally get tired an get lost(hope that), When it comes to Walkera 37 you seem to be,"The Man". I have saved most of your postings in my computer, and when I am able to buy parts, all of that information will help me out to $$$$$ave money and ofcourse use ALIGN parts . OK ,I install this Whip Antenna in my heli and it really looks very nice and clean, the heli is flying very well and stable, but during fly time it seen that the motor loose it power for about 1/2sec (Armycopter report same problems),and the heli shake it self it doing that 2-3 times per fly session (I think I can live with that for now ,until get worse), Since Army report same ,he already change all servos but the problem continue(Army can update this info),In my case, my 37 heli fly very nice with All stock servos so its posible that the problems comes from another place. Now I ordered two Tower pro 9g servos for make some test. I will report soon.
Thanks for share info , thanks to All.
This is images of my Ultimate fly machine
Old 11-02-2006, 08:11 AM
W37 Cepeda

Goto Radio Shack, i'm sure they have presicion screw drivers set in the DR.

W37

HI there
Thanks.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:20 PM
cooldmax

I've been getting some glitching too. I'm not getting any servo glitch, just the motor cuts out for a fraction of a second. I have the stock electronics except for a brush less elf hobby and esc. I also routed my wiring, receiver, and esc like W37 Cepeda. I am also looking into getting a base loaded antenna. Any suggestions or ideas?
Old 11-02-2006, 05:21 PM
kiwiwilliamson

As far as im aware every one has had glitches from walkeras crapy electronics if you are going to stick with this great hobby its worth getting a new Tx , Rx best tobe spcm not fm but you can ask to have i changed by the shop, i have the jrmax66 and donot get even the smallest of glitchs but ive heard that the sprectrum DX6 is outstanding and worth a look, if you like the JR as i do get the 2610 as it has larger screen and 5 points of adjustment for the throttle curve instead of 3 points like my max66 im goin to upgrade to the 2610 id like to get the spectrum but with 2 JR Tx's i can buddy (Trainer mode).

I also have the elf motor and speedy get your self a lipo 2200mah

Yes this sport will flattern your wallet but aint it FUN
Old 11-02-2006, 05:59 PM
cooldmax

Thanks for the quick response kiwiwilliamson. After changing things around I am free of glitches, for now. I moved the receiver to the back and moved the esc to the front alongside the battery. I haven't noticed the esc or battery getting to warm so I'm going to try it this way for now. A quick test flight yielded no glitches so I'm hopeful this cured it. I have a 1800mah lipo now, kinda wished I would have went with the 2200mah but my flight times are pretty reasonable (10-15 min). I have been looking into a new tx and rx but it's not in the budget right now.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:19 PM
armycopter

I've got my receiver and esc as far apart as possible too. The receive is in the back bottom and the esc is where the old tail rotor servo used to be. I thought I was glitch free for a while too, but now it's back. It's a little bit better but not perfect. I get 1-2 glitches per 15 minute flight. I want a DX6 so bad I can taste it, but it's not in the budget right now...
Old 11-02-2006, 11:24 PM
mcdaniel

Hi there,
Thanks for post
My batts are 3e model 2200mha,12c, 11.1v,I have two batt and with both same results,(TP-425 charger) (ELf hobby combo),it seen that there is a loose of rpm motor for about 1/2 sec , the heli shake and its look like it loose tail authority for instant,probaly the servos are fine because the heli maintain(stable) his position in the air,(sideways), I will try to relocate the Esc to the old position of the tail servo ,to see how it works, Somebody ask about Whip antenna but in my case this upgrade does not cure my disease, but as you see my heli is more clean wireless. Well ,my news tower pro 9g servos should be here on monday ,I will install them and make some test , I will post soon, I was reading good post and reviews in other forum about DX6 upgrade but for now ,It should be my last option ,with this money...... I prefer a brand new DF37. .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.