Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA 37

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 09:08 PM
tommie!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WALKERA 37

Do you have the owners manual. There should be a exploded diagram with part numbers...
Old 12-22-2006, 09:16 PM
cyclicoverload

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont, but a friend had Walkera e-mail him one lest night. I think it was from www.walkera.com
Old 12-22-2006, 10:50 PM
mcdaniel

YES
I have the explode view but this washer is not available inside it.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:36 AM
cyclicoverload

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So the picture dosent show the washer?? and you want to know the order of the parts?? i am clarifing if that is what you want if it is i will show you the correct pict. i have various shots of the head disasembled.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:36 PM
mcdaniel

Thanks bro for try help
I can't fly the heli now,In the explode view you may see the part code 012 and 014 both are plain washer. I think those washer does not help to me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94530.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	582383  
Old 12-23-2006, 05:45 PM
armycopter

Hi Guys, want to see my new df37? The only thing left on it from the 37 is one screw, the gyro, and the RX. I am using a base loaded antenna and a ferrite ring right now to reduce glitching. I haven't tested it yet so who knows. It sounds awesome when brought up to idle, however, I have not hovered it yet. The 325mm blades sound a lot different. I'll let you know how the flying goes once all bench testing is done...

Name:	Fd91659.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	582452   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62161.jpg
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	582453   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch96992.jpg
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	582454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv61041.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	582455   Click image for larger version

Name:	Iu11275.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	582456  
Old 12-23-2006, 07:52 PM
kiwiwilliamson

Nice Army is that a xmsellers tail heli looks good, had a little crash with my 37 doing curcuits way up high down a set of blades and holders gives me an excuse to fit the cnc head.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:50 PM
balance_mind

Nice army,

your #37 is 95% more of a trex now
Old 12-24-2006, 09:24 AM
armycopter

In case anyone is curious, you can setup your walkera tx/rx for use on the ccpm version of the t-rex. It took a little while playing with the dipswitches, but I got it working perfectly. I found another thread that shows you can use a hitec receiver with the the walkera tx so I may go that route as it's quite a bit cheaper and should help with the glitching. I'm convinced the glitching comes from the crappy rx. I think the tx is ok, but then again who knows. I'm told that a shift selectable hitec receiver will work perfectly. Any thoughts?
Old 12-24-2006, 09:59 AM
W37 Cepeda

Nive Heli you got there...
One thing I discovered, don't wrap the excess gyro wire around the boom, unless its carbon fiber boom, the metal
will introduce noise on the line. The wrapping will create inductance.

Also, check those Hs-55s, I'n my case they gave me glitching.

W37

ORIGINAL: armycopter

Hi Guys, want to see my new df37? The only thing left on it from the 37 is one screw, the gyro, and the RX. I am using a base loaded antenna and a ferrite ring right now to reduce glitching. I haven't tested it yet so who knows. It sounds awesome when brought up to idle, however, I have not hovered it yet. The 325mm blades sound a lot different. I'll let you know how the flying goes once all bench testing is done...
Old 12-24-2006, 10:07 AM
W37 Cepeda

The hiteck reciever is not that great niether. It glitches too, specially if you fly around power lines..

But the advantage of it is that, it works with many TX. and if it bad, you can get it replaced locally.

W37

In case anyone is curious, you can setup your walkera tx/rx for use on the ccpm version of the t-rex. It took a little while playing with the dipswitches, but I got it working perfectly. I found another thread that shows you can use a hitec receiver with the the walkera tx so I may go that route as it's quite a bit cheaper and should help with the glitching. I'm convinced the glitching comes from the crappy rx. I think the tx is ok, but then again who knows. I'm told that a shift selectable hitec receiver will work perfectly. Any thoughts?
Old 12-24-2006, 10:41 AM
armycopter

I am not sold on the hitec. I almost bought an 8 channel jr positive shift receiver yesterday because I was told that jr and airtronics work with the walkera tx's, but I didn't want to waste $80 on the rx and find out it didn't work. Also, I didn't want to be stuck having to buy a jr tx, just because I bought the rx.

On another note, I was told on the t-rex thread that I should mount the gyro underneath rather than on top. Apparently there have been a lot of lost gyro's when people crash (flybar paddles hit it). I need to look into it more.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:13 PM
kiwiwilliamson

I do not have any glitches with my jr set up (PCM)
Old 12-27-2006, 02:35 PM
armycopter

Here's the new setup... Got the stickers on the canopy finally... Haven't done much but hover but so far so good!

Enjoy and Happy New Year!

Name:	Ig12013.jpg
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	584484   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48549.jpg
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	584485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54282.jpg
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	584486   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gz75736.jpg
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	584487  
Old 12-28-2006, 05:40 AM
Permand

Hey to all you fine people. My name is Per and I am living in Denmark.
I have been away from this hobby for several years, but now I will try again. I earlier flew the Schlüter Bell 222, Schlüter Superior and the X-Cell 60, which I still have. I now have bought a DF 37 and want to start a little helicopter flying again.
I have read this thread from the beginning from the start to the end and I have decided to make some of the modification before I try to fly the DF 37.
I have ordered the Align 430L brushless motor and the Align 35 GOV together with Electric Power 11,1V 1800mah 12/18C Lipo batteries.
I will put the rudder servo in the back.
I have ordered 3 Hitec 55 servos for pitch, nick and roll and I will use one of the original servos for rudder or should I also get another servo for the rudder?
Should I modify the Z-shape holders before I am going to fly or wait until it will break?
Did I overlook something?

Sorry if my english writing is not so good!

Thanks!
Per.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Permand

Hey again!
I have one more question
Which hole in the Bell Hiller mixer arm are you using?

Happy New Year to all!
Per.

Name:	Tr50323.jpg
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	585082  
Old 12-28-2006, 08:20 AM
armycopter

Hi Per -

When I used that head, I was using the same hole you've got indicated in your picture. Welcome to the DF37 thread!
Old 12-28-2006, 09:30 AM
W37 Cepeda

Well,

How does it fly? PLEASE.. tell us? maybe a video?

W37 Cepeda

Here's the new setup... Got the stickers on the canopy finally... Haven't done much but hover but so far so good!

Enjoy and Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-2006, 09:47 AM
armycopter

Speaking of video, anyone know how to get video onto the web? I have a digital video camcorder (sony), but have never tried to create web videos. Any info would be great... that way I can dazzle everyone with my basic hovering techniques
Old 12-29-2006, 01:43 PM
jackelmatador

Hi Everyone,

My wife just gave me a 37 for Christmas. It is my first helicopter and it seemed really cool. However, after reading this thread it seems that this bird requires a lot of mods and $$$$$$ to fly right.

Would I be better off returning it (even though there is a 15% restocking fee), and try something else? Any suggestions on what heli would be best for a beginner (yes I know there are tons of opinions, and other forums). It just seems a lot of the beginner helis that are recommended are very limited and I am going to be spending the money upgrading to a completely new one soon enough anyhow.

If you think it would be best to just keep this guy would just the Motor/Esc/Battery upgrade be sufficient for some fun without breaking the piggy bank?
I know the crowd favorite is the Align 430l and 25A ESC but I saw this on another forum and it is much cheaper, and getting decent reviews [link=http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=134_136&products_id=4040]Elf Hobby Motor and ESC[/link]

Your input is greatly appreciated!
-Stephan
Old 12-29-2006, 02:12 PM
mcdaniel

HI there Stephan
you are correct,this is not good heli for beginner and good for start in this hobby ,please do yourself a favor and don't touch this heli for now, Get blade cx2 (good reviews on it) or Esky honey bee 4ch heli and you with some practice in days ,you will have fun and less frustrated experience in this hobby. You will have good x-mas time also . Your wife chose an excellent helicopter,
In my opinion this helis is the Ultimate flying machine, but not for people that never see one before.
Hope it help.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:30 PM
armycopter

W37 Cepeda or anyone with a DF37 and a T-Rex -

Let me ask you something... You're now flying a T-Rex and your DF37. Do you notice any handling differences? I flew my t-rex today for the first time other than hover testing and I noticed it is very touchy. I'm wondering if this is normal and if it's just that I'm not a good pilot (or I need to get used to it). My DF37 was stable, as is the T-Rex, but the T-Rex seems much less forgiving. I have the flybar weights on it all the way to the outside, which seems to add a degree of less responsiveness. Maybe I should move them or take them off? When I say "less responsiveness" I mean that it seems to take a fraction of a second longer to react to a change and then I tend to overcompensate. Again, it's only the first flight, but I am a little concerned in my setup.

The only other info is that it is 22'F outside and kind of gusty (15 knots?) from the West. Plenty of power with my brushless setup. HH works great with my GY006, and T/R responsiveness is super.

Let me know what you think of your T-Rex vs. you 37. Thanks

-Army
Old 12-29-2006, 03:04 PM
jackelmatador

Thanks McDaniel, Maybe I will go ahead and buy a more beginner heli, and keep this one in storage until I am ready for it. I just can't bring myself to pay around $70 and get nothing in return. Thats for restocking, shipping each way, and new parts. I did try to fly it crashed it need new rotor blades in order to return it.

I will see if I can talk the wife into letting me have 2 toys not a bad Christmas I would say!
Old 12-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Permand

I have ordered the Align 430L brushless motor and the Align 35 GOV together with Electric Power 11,1V 1800mah 12/18C Lipo batteries.
The Align 430L brushless motor is out of stock here in Denmark and the store don't know when they can deliever.
Now I am looking at a Himodel E460SF http://www.himodel.com/electric/HiMo...Type_460FX.php

Does anyone know this motor?

Per.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:52 AM
W37 Cepeda

Hi.

They should handle both the same. Leave the weights to the outside, this makes it more stable.

Whats happening to you is the servo exponential function is high. IF you use the Df37 electronics..it will be.

You have to re-program your remote, I think its dip switch #11, and adjust V2. Make sure you have both pots on the center psotion.

Apply power to both heli and Reciever (make sure you have plenty of room to hover), you will notice that the color of the logo on the remote is different.

ON V2 adjust accordingly +/- . Test hover. V1 also does your throttle curve. Once you find you preference, you must carefully switch back #11 to the off

position. Then the logo will change color, then you may shut off the remote. this will memorize your settings.

Good luck.

W37

W37 Cepeda or anyone with a DF37 and a T-Rex -

Let me ask you something... You're now flying a T-Rex and your DF37. Do you notice any handling differences? I flew my t-rex today for the first time other than hover testing and I noticed it is very touchy. I'm wondering if this is normal and if it's just that I'm not a good pilot (or I need to get used to it). My DF37 was stable, as is the T-Rex, but the T-Rex seems much less forgiving. I have the flybar weights on it all the way to the outside, which seems to add a degree of less responsiveness. Maybe I should move them or take them off? When I say "less responsiveness" I mean that it seems to take a fraction of a second longer to react to a change and then I tend to overcompensate. Again, it's only the first flight, but I am a little concerned in my setup.

The only other info is that it is 22'F outside and kind of gusty (15 knots?) from the West. Plenty of power with my brushless setup. HH works great with my GY006, and T/R responsiveness is super.

Let me know what you think of your T-Rex vs. you 37. Thanks

-Army

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.