Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL RC18MT/B/T THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Auds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RC18MT/B/T THREAD

ORIGINAL: rc-junky007

yea i think you could rig up a mini-t gearbox on to thr chassis and run dogbone to each diff
ya, i have an idea, mount the motor in the center, and run 2 dogbones.... ya, comples, but heck, it can maybe work, but it will require a bit of hackin of the truck[&:], like a CRT setup, er, got a link to a gearbox??? cause I want to make this stinkin work[>:], REAL BAD, but then again, I need to get a diff kit..... blah, blah, blah, I talk to much and don't get much done[:@], er, ya, real stinks that DP's stuff is STILL DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear, the bumpsteer is real annoing, especally since my track isn't very smooth[], er, it was me, calvino[:@]
Old 02-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Frozen72

How durable is a RC18__? I'm thinking about getting rid of my Vendetta ST... I normally jump about 5-7 feet with mostly good landings and some HORRIBLE ones. Also what would some things that I would NEED to buy with a FT kit? (other than electronics)
Old 02-03-2008, 09:19 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: Frozen72

How durable is a RC18__? I'm thinking about getting rid of my Vendetta ST... I normally jump about 5-7 feet with mostly good landings and some HORRIBLE ones. Also what would some things that I would NEED to buy with a FT kit? (other than electronics)
er, DP DRAGLINK (when it comes back in stock), metal diff gears, great option, RPM wide bumper, maybe RPM arms (if you run plastics ya should be fine with em), maybe RPM towers, um, 45wt shock oil (works great), proline dirt hawgz (dont wear out like mini pins.....), ya get the clue
Old 02-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Frozen72

OK What is a good NEAR drop in servo I searched and now I'm confused about servos for the RC18T.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:00 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: Frozen72

OK What is a good NEAR drop in servo I searched and now I'm confused about servos for the RC18T.
hs-65________ (kg is hear is good, mg is overkill), it also comes with the hitec servo safer (FT edition), ya, cool hunh, trust me, this truck can take a beating (my sisters truck can, only upgrades, gear cover, and tires, and it went off 4' jumps like nothin)
Old 02-04-2008, 12:42 PM
str8.krooked

yea tighten them all the way nd then back them out 1/4 turn

they will seem extremly tight but trust me they will work in and be perfect
I'll try it out...thanks guys! []
Old 02-05-2008, 01:05 AM
calvino

er, still debating the CD, now I am def considering mounting the motor in the middle of the truck, requires some movement of stuff.... anyone seen Socal about??? sup with him???, not much here, still watin for my tower order with the stuff I need... er, almost debating making my own 18th scale racer??? ya or na[&:]
Old 02-05-2008, 09:51 AM
maybelater29
My Feedback: (1)

Alright!! All of my orders arrived yesterday, now I can start working. I got the Tek18 chassis and towers, Exotek servo mounts, 3 racing antenna post, Acer Racing ceramic bearings and diff balls, Atomic arms and anti-roll bars(ft and rr), FT shocks w/ gold and blue springs, Mip diffs and CVD's, lunsford TI TB's and hinge pins, Spektrum DX3R and sub-micro digital servo, CBP 1500 saddle packs(2) crowd pleazer body and for now a Novak SPY esc with new 370 motor(stock motor class at track and mongoose on order). My TC5 came in as well. I can't wait to get this thing together and get it on the track! I'll have pics of the build up in about a week.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:01 PM
str8.krooked

I wanted to quote KRO too, but I don't know how to quote two posts. Anyway, thanks for the tip. After I tightened the diffs I was able to remove two shims from each diff (now 3 in each). I went to the LHS yesterday took your advise, and ran for about an hour or so. I had my dirt tires on first, and my truck actually did a back flip on the carpet because of the torque!!! I think it bounced off of it's roof, but still! My truck is flying now. They have a little carpet track at the shop here, so I was trying to run around on it. I could only stay about 1/4 throttle, but I was clearing all of the jumps super easily. Actually, when I hit the throttle just before one of the bigger jumps, I would fly about 15 or 20 feet. TONS OF FUN!!! Thanks guys!! I'll make a vid asap! Just in case anyone is wondering, here is a list of my upgrades:

-Mamba 6800 Comp
-2 Cell LiPo
-60T Aluminum Spur Gear
-15T Hardened Steel Pinion
-Steel Diff Gears
-Aluminum Threaded Shocks (must have)
-CVD Aluminum Axles (must have)
-RPM Wide Front Bumber (must have)

I think that's it...[sm=punching.gif][sm=48_48.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=48_48.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 02-05-2008, 11:36 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: werfliss

I wanted to quote KRO too, but I don't know how to quote two posts. Anyway, thanks for the tip. After I tightened the diffs I was able to remove two shims from each diff (now 3 in each). I went to the LHS yesterday took your advise, and ran for about an hour or so. I had my dirt tires on first, and my truck actually did a back flip on the carpet because of the torque!!! I think it bounced off of it's roof, but still! My truck is flying now. They have a little carpet track at the shop here, so I was trying to run around on it. I could only stay about 1/4 throttle, but I was clearing all of the jumps super easily. Actually, when I hit the throttle just before one of the bigger jumps, I would fly about 15 or 20 feet. TONS OF FUN!!! Thanks guys!! I'll make a vid asap! Just in case anyone is wondering, here is a list of my upgrades:

-Mamba 6800 Comp
-2 Cell LiPo
-60T Aluminum Spur Gear
-Steel Diff Gears

I think that's it...[sm=punching.gif][sm=48_48.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=48_48.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=biggrin.gif]
lol, RPM BUMPER FTW[8D], got one, awesome, sis got one in the mail, as well as her colered antenna tubes, lol, goin to be one visible truck, marroon truck, silver rims, black tires, pink antenna tube, "not mine" lol, goin to be one interestin truck, what tires??? er, debatin brushless, anyone tried aircraft systems??????
Old 02-06-2008, 10:29 PM
str8.krooked

ORIGINAL: calvino

ORIGINAL: werfliss

-Mamba 6800 Comp
-2 Cell LiPo
-60T Aluminum Spur Gear
-Steel Diff Gears

lol, RPM BUMPER FTW[8D], got one, awesome, sis got one in the mail, as well as her colered antenna tubes, lol, goin to be one visible truck, marroon truck, silver rims, black tires, pink antenna tube, "not mine" lol, goin to be one interestin truck, what tires??? er, debatin brushless, anyone tried aircraft systems??????
Stock RC18MT dirt tires and some foamies! That's it so far. What other tires fit?? I'd love to find some alternatives...
Old 02-06-2008, 11:32 PM
KRO

Stock RC18MT dirt tires and some foamies! That's it so far. What other tires fit?? I'd love to find some alternatives...

Any wheels that fit the REAR of a Mini T will also work on the RC18T . I like the Losi Step pin tires myself .
Old 02-07-2008, 12:40 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: KRO

Any wheels that fit the REAR of a Mini T will also work on the RC18T . I like the Losi Step pin tires myself .
er, hardone Proline Dirt Hawgz are good, they came up on a search on the toyz as workin with the Mini T, as well as I saw some dude at my LHS had some on his mini t[8D], watin for order, prob be here on 8th, WANT TO DRIVE MY TRUCK SOOOOOO BAD!!!!! still [not really] workin on my CD, kindof dumped the mini t gearbox, goin with homemade design, thanks for the tip though, i dunno if it would fit that well or not, well, better get workin on my diff part as well as the slipper part soon[8D]
Old 02-07-2008, 11:29 AM
marcialsuarez

Hi, I have the following setup:

Mamba 6800
1/10 touring tires
lipo

wanted to know what would be a good spur/pinion setup to start with?
Old 02-07-2008, 01:53 PM
rc-junky007

hey calvino is that your sister (auds)?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
KRO

Hi, I have the following setup:

Mamba 6800
1/10 touring tires
lipo

wanted to know what would be a good spur/pinion setup to start with?
14/60 works good for me , plenty fast and still does wheelies on command .....
Old 02-07-2008, 09:00 PM
marcialsuarez

would you use the same setup for stock tires?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:26 PM
calvino

hey calvino is that your sister (auds)?
er, how did ya know, lol, forgot to log out that time, posted and went oh, great, lol, ya, well, no 18T drivin, still wrackin me brains out over the slipper, er, ANYONE got a link to a mini t gearbox, debatin it now[8D], heck, at least it is easier than makin your own[8D]
Old 02-08-2008, 01:01 AM
KRO

would you use the same setup for stock tires?
For a T or B it would be OK , but the MT's tires are a little bigger and heavier so I'd go down to an 12-13 t pinion for those .
Old 02-08-2008, 08:35 AM
The Hedgehog

So I have been bored with the RC18B so I was thinking of going brushless and lipo on it. I already have about 8 1500 ma 3 cell batteries so I am thikning of going with the mamba 6800 because it is dirt cheap right now.

I will shim the diffs and go for the MIP superdiffs, I am assuming I will need 2 sets of these? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKBC2&P=ML

I hate the look of the RPM bumper and I am a very good driver so I won't be crashing into stuff (I run in a huge open area). I will get the RPM arms though because I like RPM quality components.

If I do put this on my 18B what gearing is a good starting point for 6800 and 3S lipo?

I may not put the system on the RC18B because I have a Thunder Tige rmini that has 10th scale diffs on it and will better handle brushless but it is 2WD so I am not sure [&:]

Thanks in advance.

*edit* oh and I have to get CVD's because I hate the dogbone clicking up front ugh might as well go with the thunder tiger.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:58 AM
maybelater29
My Feedback: (1)

Calvino, Mike from Exotek has just finished his design for a slipper for the 18t and is working on production now, it should be out in April.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:12 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: maybelater29

Calvino, Mike from Exotek has just finished his design for a slipper for the 18t and is working on production now, it should be out in April.
nice, APRIL!!!!!!!! I think I am makin my own thanks alot, hope it is a sucess
Old 02-09-2008, 12:34 AM
rc-junky007

http://www.modelflight.com.au/team_l...45-gearbox.jpg

it usually has both sides losed but this pic just shows the insides

thats the best pic i could fid real quck but is has a slipper and a diff so you would be so covered
Old 02-09-2008, 12:35 AM
calvino

http://www.modelflight.com.au/team_l...45-gearbox.jpg

it usually has both sides losed but this pic just shows the insides

thats the best pic i could fid real quck but is has a slipper and a diff so you would be so covered
nice, but how in the heck is that fittin in the truck in the first pace, not very well I guess[]
Old 02-09-2008, 12:42 AM
rc-junky007

well like in the center and dogbones to each diff and elecrics in front wih a saddle pack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.