Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Raidentech support has helped me.....

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Raidentech support has helped me.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Lil Hoss
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raidentech support has helped me.....

Raidentech sent a Cessna 421 to my local hobbyshop that I ordered it from.
The canopy came crushed along with the frame that is under the canopy. After waiting a month Raidentech finally sent a crappy, very brittle shell that resembles the canopy. What am I suppose to do with this?? They should replace the entire canopy. But no...
I am NOT blaming my hobbyshop. They did all they could do.
So I contacted Raidentech and after 45 mins sitting on hold listening to some stupid music I got to talk to a live person. Must admit, the person I spoke too was nice
(Charles) put me in touch with
Norman, the warehouse mananger. First he said I don't deal with the public. Wholesale only. BUT they won't even deal with my hobbyshop.
As things all end up, I asked Norman to PLEASE send me a new canopy. After 2 weeks I got the same piece of junk.
Got a hold of Norman and he quotes...Ok you can keep the canopy but for the frame i suggest you make your own frame from balsa wood ya know this is a hobby and i am sure you can find a way.
Is this right. I would like to see Norman glue this crap to a broken frame. I BOUGHT THIS MODEL NEW AND I EXPECT IT TO BE IN NEW CONDITION. PERIOD...... What do I do now?? I have a nice plane all assembled with no canopy.

I was warned about Raidentech and Nitro planes but ahhh I will try them.
PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE I MADE.
Pay a couple dollars more and but from a GOOD COMPANY with customer service

Hoss

Old 03-24-2010, 02:27 PM
carrellh

Default RE: Raidentech support has helped me.....

I don't know how often you browse RCU. Raidentech is one of several ARF importers that is vigorously complained about. They import and sell inexpensive stuff and appear to have no customer service.

But, people who do luck out and get undamaged planes from them often report that they fly very well.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:35 PM
carrellh

What do I do now?? I have a nice plane all assembled with no canopy.
Unfortunately you're stuck. You build something or you buy a canopy from another model and try to make it work.
Here's a link to a "canopy" search at Tower
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...VSEARCH=CANOPY
Old 03-24-2010, 02:54 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive dealt with raidentech/nitroplanes twice....i got what ordered but when i needed a replacement part, it was hell....
Old 03-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Lil Hoss

carrellh
Thank you for the suggestion about Tower Hobbies.
None of those canopies are even Close. I shouldn't have to put up with this.
Even though my hobbyshop ordered it. They won't even send them a canopy with a frame.
Again..... New what?????

Thanks for the replies

Hoss
Old 03-24-2010, 06:49 PM
outdoorhunting

If you bought the thing from your LHS, then, THEY should stand behind the junker. Did you pay for it with a credit card? If so, you could contact the CC company & have them do a "charge-back". That will get your money back. Apparently the LHS made the profit & had you do the leg work. Shame on the LHS.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Lil Hoss

Outdoorhunting
I ordered it thru my local hobbyshop.
This place is just blowing off the hobbyshop too.
I am so pissed I don't no what to do. How the heck can people still continue to do business with this company????
DAMIT all I want is a NEW CANOPY......
Old 03-25-2010, 10:14 AM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: Lil Hoss
How the heck can people still continue to do business with this company????
You answered your own question in your original post.

I was warned about Raidentech but ahhh I will try them.
You knew the reputation and ordered anyway.... They will be in business forever.

What now? Improvise.
> Carve something from a foam or balsa block, paint it, glue it on.
> Carve a wooden plug and mold a canopy out of a clear soda bottle.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Lil Hoss

Yes I will admit it is all my mistake.
I just hope that other people will read these post and not buy from Raidentech or nitroplanes.............

Thanks again carrellh for the suggestion........

Hoss
Old 03-25-2010, 10:50 AM
redbiscuits
My Feedback: (6)

I ordered my first trainer from Nitroplanes and the thing was junk! I had more in it than if I would have just ordered a Tower Trainer 60 (which I eventually did). I guess it's all part of the learning curve. And don't even get me started about Raiden customer service, all I could ever get is a live chat IM session over the computer. Took forever to get any help.
Sorry about your luck, unfortunately people will keep buying their products because they can't resist the price.
Red.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:32 PM
outdoorhunting

Ya get whatcha pay for !!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Oberst
Banned

They do take a bit of work to either make them airworthy or look right. But again, the old saying is true, " We get what you pay for." It does make a difference to save a little longer to get a better quality product. I learned the hard way not to be sucked in by the price. I do a lot of research on a plane before I buy it, but there are times I buy the first batch of a new released aircraft, like the Hanger 9 Fokker DVII. I ordered it 3 months before it was released. I lucked out, it was a good Sport Scale ARF and fun to build.

Pete
Old 03-26-2010, 04:53 PM
RaidenTech

Raidentech sent a Cessna 421 to my local hobbyshop that I ordered it from.
The canopy came crushed along with the frame that is under the canopy. After waiting a month Raidentech finally sent a crappy, very brittle shell that resembles the canopy. What am I suppose to do with this?? They should replace the entire canopy. But no...
I am NOT blaming my hobbyshop. They did all they could do.
So I contacted Raidentech and after 45 mins sitting on hold listening to some stupid music I got to talk to a live person. Must admit, the person I spoke too was nice
(Charles) put me in touch with
Norman, the warehouse mananger. First he said I don't deal with the public. Wholesale only. BUT they won't even deal with my hobbyshop.
As things all end up, I asked Norman to PLEASE send me a new canopy. After 2 weeks I got the same piece of junk.
Got a hold of Norman and he quotes...Ok you can keep the canopy but for the frame i suggest you make your own frame from balsa wood ya know this is a hobby and i am sure you can find a way.
Is this right. I would like to see Norman glue this crap to a broken frame. I BOUGHT THIS MODEL NEW AND I EXPECT IT TO BE IN NEW CONDITION. PERIOD...... What do I do now?? I have a nice plane all assembled with no canopy.

I was warned about Raidentech and Nitro planes but ahhh I will try them.
PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE I MADE.
Pay a couple dollars more and but from a GOOD COMPANY with customer service

Another UNHAPPY customer Raidentech

Hoss
Hoss,

I spoke to you on the phone earlier and from what Igathered, it's a miscommunication problem. You bought that model from your hobby store and we have the right to direct you back to your hobby store and refuse you service because you did not buy directly from us. However, being the kind man that Norman is, he felt obligated to help you, regardless of where you bought it. He sent you a brand new canopy. In the emails and on the phone, you said that the "canopy" was broken. After we sent you the canopy, you said we sent you the shell only. The canopy is in fact only the shell so that's what we thought you wanted. You then went to your hobby store and complained to them and they tried calling us. At this point, Norman is thinking that you're trying to scam us, but he's a nice guy. He sent another canopy out to your hobby store because they also said that it was the canopy that was broken. What you really want, is not the canopy, but a whole new plane because the wooden frame was the broken piece. It is the job of the hobby stores to check that everything is in order and not broken when we ship it out to them. If they contact us immediately after they receive the shipment, we would send them a replacement because we understand that damage does occur during shipping. However, we do care about this hobby and our customers, so we try our very best to help you guys, despite the policies that we put in place to cover ourselves from situations like this. Norman is still willing to help you out even though you've been badmouthing him on the forums.

Regards,

Teddy
Old 03-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Lil Hoss

Teddy
Thank you for getting involved. I'm glad Raidentech agreed to send me a new canopy and frame. As you said and we agreed, The canopy is attached to the frame and when I receive it all I will have to do is mount it to the plane and fly.
I hope someday Norman and I can have beer and forget this...........
When I recieve my new canopy and frame,,,,,,,,,, "This matter will be closed"

Thanks Teddy

Hoss
Old 03-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Lil Hoss

It has been a mis-communication between Norman and I on what a canopy is and a complete canopy with a frame. I think now we agree.......

Again,,,, Hopefully within a week this matter will be ended

Thanks
Hoss

Old 03-26-2010, 07:12 PM
RaidenTech

ORIGINAL: carrellh

I don't know how often you browse RCU. Raidentech is one of several ARF importers that is vigorously complained about. They import and sell inexpensive stuff and appear to have no customer service.

But, people who do luck out and get undamaged planes from them often report that they fly very well.
Hi,

Well over 10,000 sold and shipped products in a month. We have a hard time keeping everything in stock because we get so much returning customers who are very happy about our products. The few who are unlucky and receive products that are damaged during shipping, we try our very best to take care of them.Not only do we have phone support, live chat, and email, but we also do customer support on the forums such as rcdiscuss.com in the CRMsection. Weare improving our customer support all the time. I think you're over-exaggerating just a little bit when you say that we are vigorously complained about. Also, a lot of the complaints are actually fake accounts made by our competition who completely dislikes us because we are very competitive when it comes to pricing.Ican name quite a few of them that went on our forums to try to make us look bad. I don't understand why they think we wouldn't be able to track their IP. Anyways, we're not in the business to sabotage other businesses so I'll stay off that topic. We're just doing our jobs and trying to do our best to make our customers happy.

Regards,

Teddy
Old 03-26-2010, 07:47 PM
RaidenTech

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

ive dealt with raidentech/nitroplanes twice....i got what ordered but when i needed a replacement part, it was hell....
Hi,

All the replacement parts we have are on our websites. If you click on the product, right under the main product picture, there's a button that says "Spare Parts". For most of our items, we have spare parts for them. We're also doing our very best to keep everything in stock, but the best we can do is pressure the manufacturers to make more. I'm sorry you went through a hard time trying to get replacement parts. What specific parts were you looking for?

-Teddy
Old 03-26-2010, 08:00 PM
skysfallin
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Raidentech really stinks.......

Lil Hoss,the only reason you got any customer service at all is because of the stink you raised here on RC. They don't like bad press. I too had dealings with Nitro planes and got absolutely no customer satisfaction at all. I recived a plane with a crushed wing from shipping and even tried to buy another wing but to no avail. After seven emails and phone calls I learned my lesson. I was new to the hobby at the time and didn't know where to turn. BUT I KNOW WHO NOT TO DEAL WITH NOW! If you read here enough you know who has the best customer service and who doesn't. I hope you get something you can work with. Happy Flying.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:16 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Check out the geographic location of raidentech , Nitro Plane RC , Egrandbuy , general Hobby ect ect , many on Ebay have websites that look like one and the same company lol ,
wonder how they are all related ?????
Old 03-29-2010, 03:04 PM
RaidenTech

Default RE: Raidentech really stinks.......

ORIGINAL: skysfallin

Lil Hoss,the only reason you got any customer service at all is because of the stink you raised here on RC. They don't like bad press. I too had dealings with Nitro planes and got absolutely no customer satisfaction at all. I recived a plane with a crushed wing from shipping and even tried to buy another wing but to no avail. After seven emails and phone calls I learned my lesson. I was new to the hobby at the time and didn't know where to turn. BUT I KNOW WHO NOT TO DEAL WITH NOW! If you read here enough you know who has the best customer service and who doesn't. I hope you get something you can work with. Happy Flying.
Hi,

No offense, but if we felt like doing business like every other big companies, it wouldn't have hurt us to ignore Hoss. We are under-staffed due to office space issues, but we are moving in June to a bigger place so that we can hire more employees. When there are thousands of phone calls everyday and only 20 customer service representatives to handle them all, there will be a few customers who are unable to get through. That's why there are guys like me at this company who reaches out on forums like these to make sure that we can minimize the amount of unhappy customers. Skysfallin, please email me at [email protected] and provide me your order # so Ican look into your situation. Iwould be happy to take care of you and make sure you get the satisfaction that you deserve. Iapologize that you went through a bad ordeal with customer service, but we are constantly improving.

Regards,

Teddy
Old 03-31-2010, 01:22 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

I've made a number of orders with RaidenTech over the years. I've always gotten exactly what I wanted and I've never had any customer service issues. I've bought helicopters, airplanes, RC simulators, LiPo batteries, and spare parts all without issue. The prices are great, the shipping is reasonable and fast, and all of the items have been a terrific value.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:22 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

I am really glad to hear that and I hope they are turning a page . The ratings they received by RCU members and Ebay members were not make of Urban legend but by inconsistant repeated poor performance .
With the age in the internet , twitter , and many more massive means of communication , it will not take long for the old model of -1 unsatisfied customer loses 7 to become 1 now loses you 700 !!!!!

There are many southern cal mail order suppliers , I dont need to menthion them again and I am 100% excluding Hobby People in my statement as they are proven excellant .
Out of all the constant problems you see on RCU , RCU groups ect and ebay , they all stem from the same geographic location of companys who set up national distribution based on the best port locations in Southern Cal .

Its not the locaton but the same old business model , "oh we are under staff" "oh its just me : I am all alone " Oh we do not have a live operator " oh I was busy traveling "
NOne of these statements are made up and can be checked , copied and paisted by me and any RCU moderator that wises to check the credibility of what I am saying .

If I did not pay on time with my credit card because i am under staffed at home and I am the only one writing checks , would that be accepted ?
Did the ads at any time say " hey we are understaffed please order from us ?? GIve me a friggen break , if your are in business and you take an order its a legal contract to ship and perform per the outlined expectations in a normal legal contract between two partys .

If you want to underperform , you are altering the contract and it should be agreed upon by both partys before either one excepts the final terms .

Years ago when Giant Scale Planes was the only one distributing CMP planes , they had major issues on accepting orders for the CMP planes and then after they had the credit cards , they added shipping - RCU members screamed fowl based on shipping cost rangeing from $75 to $125 for planes and had no idea that was going to happen .Just an example of entering an open end contract with no real outline of expecttations

Right now as we all know there is major post on another SCal company , repeated threats to the Feds , the BBB ect ect and the same old reply I am a one man band , I am all aloone ect ect , well then , take some of your profits and build a business model that meets or exceeds the expecttaions of the customers that you sell to , or simply reduce your cost and stated a reduction in expected servace as a result of lower margins , you simply cant have it both ways in this day and age .

If you want the best prices and the leaste amount of customer servace you go to Walmart knowing they operate lean and mean .

If you want to pay about 15% more and get friendly servace , you go to Target , you will get the happy helper but you will pay more .

Both companys do not give false expectations of what they provide and neither make execuses for there model