Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

E-FLIGHT BLADE CP

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-FLIGHT BLADE CP

I think I have Revo set on a switch. When I use it it's around -20 on high and -15 on low. (don't have my Tx here, so I can't check) You want to set the propo on the tail before you work with the revo settings or it won't work right. I don't really see much difference, but I haven't really played with it to any extreme. As far as mixing, if the radio is on H-3 your mixes are pretty much set as long as your pitch rates and throttle rates are dialed in. The main thing that really helped me with the blade was expo. That makes the ail/elev much more controllable. Another thing, make sure you set the limits on the throttle to fit your 4-in-1. Mine is at 37%. What I did is set it low (around 30), move the stick to full (oh yeah, unplug the motors first), the increase it until the red light comes on. Then add 5%. Otherwise your red light will always be on over 33% stick.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:52 PM

darn! settup problem. crashed it while accidentally flipping a switch, i think it's throttle cut or something. (my stick was up high and i had throttle cut on, then i accidentally flipped it off, so it just suddenly spun up and bit my cupboard. i got th-hold set up so all i lost was a set of woodies. however, i did set up teh revo and now, even with extreme throttle changes, the tail will stay about the same place. i had my low on 0 and high on -65. what i mean for the mix is that how do i mix in alittle more throttle to compensate for the extra drag i produce when i pull extreme cyclic. what i mean is that the mixes only allow you to program between channels, but for say, rolling is done with 2 channels (1 and 6 i think), and elevator is done with all there servos. (1, 2, 6) so how do i mix lets say, between throttle and aileron?
Old 10-09-2006, 04:07 PM

I'm a big chicken when it comes to 3D so I haven't worked any of that out yet. I believe you do that in the P-1, P-2, P-3 configurations. And yeah, accidently switching from throttle cut is a bummer. I have throttle cut disabled (or technically INH) for the heli's. I use throttle hold when doing setups.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:35 PM

i'm off of 3d's yet, i can do stall turns or maybe few loops? i've just encounter another problem. i've setup my 7c to allow maximum (when i say max i mean it) throw for all the functions (aileron, elevator, pitch etc) without binding. when i fly in normal mode (hovering) i cannot get the high end of the pitch/throttle, when i go higher than per say, point 4, the motor stalls and my heli drops. maybe a new motor? it was fine a few flights ago, and as i said, i could make the blade cp 'jump'. but now, that just wont happen. in idle up 1 it's the same, in idle up 2 it's ok because i'm keeping the throttle at 100% at all 5 points, i hope it's the motor not the battery, i did have packed over 60 i'd say on that lipo pack (number of crashes). i brought it out to the field today and all i did were semi stall turns, i was gonna try my 6 loop today (crashed 2 out of 5 i've done so far). but seeing that teh headspeed decays soooo badly, i didnt do it.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:38 PM

and i also wanted to ask this, with a 6channel reciever such as this one http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=1166, channel 6 is also teh battery, so that means that it's only a 5ch reciever? i've heard something called a BEC but dont really know what it is and what it does, is it involve?
Old 10-10-2006, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at the photo of the receiver... the sixth slot is labeled 6/B.
This is the 6th channel, with the receiver battery and the servo for that channel plugged into a y-harness, which plugs into that slot.
BEC is a feature of some ESCs which power the receiver and servos as well as the electric motor.
The BEC will keep the receiver and servos powered when the ESC shuts off the motor at some low voltage level.
ESCs will have limits as to how many servos they are capable of handling.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: chopperdudes

i'm off of 3d's yet, i can do stall turns or maybe few loops? i've just encounter another problem. i've setup my 7c to allow maximum (when i say max i mean it) throw for all the functions (aileron, elevator, pitch etc) without binding. when i fly in normal mode (hovering) i cannot get the high end of the pitch/throttle, when i go higher than per say, point 4, the motor stalls and my heli drops. maybe a new motor? it was fine a few flights ago, and as i said, i could make the blade cp 'jump'. but now, that just wont happen. in idle up 1 it's the same, in idle up 2 it's ok because i'm keeping the throttle at 100% at all 5 points, i hope it's the motor not the battery, i did have packed over 60 i'd say on that lipo pack (number of crashes). i brought it out to the field today and all i did were semi stall turns, i was gonna try my 6 loop today (crashed 2 out of 5 i've done so far). but seeing that teh headspeed decays soooo badly, i didnt do it.
It sounds like your pitch to throttle curve is too high. Too much or little pitch at a certain throttle speed. I would say you have too much pitch too soon. In your idle up 2, how much stick do you have at a good hover. That will tell you where the bird is comfortable. What I did is disconnect the motors and with the switch in idle 1, make sure it's zero pitch at mid-stick and +10 at full. Then set up the rest of the pitch setting linear to that. And do the same in negative. The I flipped the switch back and forth from normal to idle 1 to make sure it wasn't jumping in pitch at what would be roughly 60% throttle on up. I saw a video from another forum which recommended it and it has worked great for me.

As far as the bec is concerned, it regulates the amount of voltage at any particular point. Case in point, servos are only designed to take 4.8 or 6 volts. You couldn't use an 11.1 volt battery without a bec. Also when you come out of a loop and suddenly throw the stick it doesn't allow a surge and fry everything. Most esc's have a built in bec. In dual esc configurations (like using separate esc's for the main and tail) the weaker of the two bec's has to be disabled or the two will try to overcompensate for each other and actually allow the surge.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:44 AM

Chopperdude

Do you have another battery to try??
orlbuzz (Gary) is/was having a similar
problem.

Zooland1
I got a new charger and batteries and my lack of
power proplem is gone!! My thumbs are a little rusty.
Have you painted your new bird yet?

IMAC781

Thank you ! Chris, I am back to having a blast!

Bob

dignlivn
Old 10-11-2006, 09:26 PM

i changed the motor and it improved alittle if any. when i jab the throttle, the motor will usually stall. but now, when i just increase it gently, it'll still go. i don't have my tx with me here, i'll post my settings later. however, i really wish this tx has the delay function just like a 9c. right now, all the modes have to have about the same hovering stick position, or else it'll jump/pull itself toward the ground. and i still dont get what the lo. is on the revo setting? the lo and teh high has to be the same sign... that's all i know. i dont have another batt, wish i did though. can't afford it.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:09 PM

ORIGINAL: dignlivn

Have you painted your new bird yet?

Bob

dignlivn
I started it yesterday. I roughed up the canopy (removed all the black and silver) and then primed it with gray primer. Then I put two coats of industrial strength yellow on. Next I'll mask off the sides and put some metallic blue stripes through the middle. Then my plan is to red pinstripe the edges where the blue and yellow meet. Then I got chrome for the windshield (at least that's what the can says) and I'll pinstripe that too. It actually looks pretty cool just yellow, but I'm hoping the contrast in the blue will make it easier to see. Then after all that is done, if it looks really good, I'll buy another canopy so I can fly.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:18 AM

Zooland1

Sounds like you got a plan. It's nice to have a spare
canopy,one to fly with and one look at.

Bob

dignlivn
Old 10-12-2006, 03:49 PM

She ain't black no mo

Wonder if nitro fuel is gonna mess this up
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45755.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	539983  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:53 PM

If it's lacquer, it should be OK. If it's enamel, it won't stand up to fuel..
Old 10-12-2006, 08:26 PM

The yellow is commercial grade, the blue is auto paint. The chrome is Home Depot krylon. So basicly what you're saying is let it cure a couple days and then hit it with laquer clearcoat.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:24 PM

If you put lacquer over enamel, it may crack the enamel. Unless you're going for the mosaic look (doubtful), you'll want to take it easy. If you're going to try a clear lacquer, yes, do wait for a couple days. Then, put on a very light coat. You want it to almost go on dry. Do several coats this way, and don't get the old paint too wet or it will still crack. This is the way I've done it in the past. The times I've been patient, it's worked. The other times, it didn't.
You might want to check with your local hobby shop to see if they can recommend another way or a new product.

I built a GMP Cricket back in the 80's. I painted the canopy yellow (inside) and left the windscreen clear. It needed a little weight in the front. I was visiting a friend of mine who managed our local Toys R Us and mentioned the weight problem. He went into the returned items pile, pulled out a Luke Duke "action figure" and asked me if it would work. Luke turned out to be the perfect size for the canopy and the exact weight I needed. Not bad for free. Of course, taken out of context, nobody knew he was a Luke Duke doll. They just thought he was some pilot figure I bought somewhere. Having Luke in the cockpit was a finishing touch that made flying just a little more enjoyable.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:09 PM

Hello

Im a first time flyer and would like some pointers on how to set up my new blade cp. I cant seem to get it to hover, I can get it off the ground but as soon as i do I have to put it back down. If anyone could give me some pointers that would be great.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:16 PM

Ferf

Welcome to the challange.

Start off with this site,lots of good info.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_31...y_blade/tm.htm

Bob

dignlivn
Old 10-13-2006, 04:58 PM

Ferf,

Learn to fly with radds's: http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

orlbuzz
Old 10-13-2006, 10:25 PM

And if you don't have one, get a sim. Even the cheap ones are better than not using one.

Gary, I use laquer on practically everything I make, however, it's hard to get mahogany thin enough for a canopy I rarely use paint, always stain. I'll put about three "misted" coats on if not more.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:31 AM

Zooland1

That looks alot better,when is the
maiden flight??? Tooo Windy here.

Bob

dignlivn
Old 10-14-2006, 10:55 PM

Zooland1

That looks alot better,when is the
maiden flight??? Tooo Windy here.

Bob

dignlivn
The main reason I bought this monster (other than the hard to turn down price) was I definitely don't have to worry about wind. The bad thing is getting over the edge and running fuel. Plus finding someplace I feel is safe for it. I'm hoping to take it down to Jax next weekend and just diving in. Another friend just got a tricked out T-maxx from a guy he works with who needed some quick cash ($100). He's never used fuel before either, so I think we're gonna jump in together. I'm going to spend some time this week making sure the pitches are set and balance the blades I got yesterday. Plus I need to get some time in on the rex or blade and calm my nerves.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:32 AM

Zooland1

Yeah, thats a whole different breed. Have you
fired up the motor yet ?

Bob

dignlivn
Old 10-15-2006, 11:32 AM

Hey guys, I have a quick story for ya'll. I've been so busy lately and if I'm not busy it's to windy, so I haven't flown my Blade in a month. Any who I got a chance last week so I took it out. After reminding myself of all the dos and don'ts I took off. I could not get the tail to stop moveing around. I'd trim it right and it would go left and the same to the left, it would go right. It got hairy so I just went to forward flight and buzzed around a bit. When I got back into a hover it was way out of trim. I went back and forth until I lost control and almost hit my head. I duck down and it went over my back and hit the pavement. I was able to shove hard aileron in and right it on the skids after two or three blade strikes, not good on carbon. Today I fixed everything, tail boom, carbon blades, and my tail fin. I fired it up and the main shaft is slightly bent but not enough to replace. I checked my 4-1 settings and I had turned my gain all the way down in previous flights thinking that it was the proportional pot Back to basics in the set-up now, I can't believe I did that!

Cheers

Jay
Old 10-15-2006, 11:58 AM

Jay,
We all do crazy stuff. At the time, I had four helis. Everything was all charged up and ready to go. Turned on the tx, installed the battery in the heli. Waiting for the 4-in-1 on the Blade CP to arm. Wouldn't arm, checked to make sure that it was in normal mode and not idle-up. Checked to make sure, throttle and throttle trim were all the way down.
Unplugged and replugged battery in the heli. Still nothing, receiver wouldn't arm. I thinking that the 4-in-1 was bad. After spending at leas 10 minutes or so, I discovered I picked up the wrong tx. oh, well, another basic mistake. Lucky the heli didn't glitch and spool up or something.
Dave / Choppersrule
Old 10-15-2006, 04:39 PM

Zooland1

Yeah, thats a whole different breed. Have you
fired up the motor yet ?

Bob

dignlivn
I haven't even bought fuel yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.