Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Area 51 engines

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Disarray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Area 51 engines

I cannot find anything about these things: http://www.eflighthobby.com/GasEngines.html

Has anybody heard anything?
Old 06-26-2008, 06:40 AM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Area 51 engines

Guess I will toot my own horn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQtp-XURsOE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKCfkTZ259E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7hn80t3UQ8

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_75...tm.htm#7657940

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_76...tm.htm#7613217

Post number 1145 here
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_62...46/key_/tm.htm

Post 1155 here
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_62...47/key_/tm.htm

Milton
Old 06-26-2008, 08:54 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

It's been out for 4~5 months, with no bad press, so it must be pretty good, guys trash an engine if there is the slightest problem. Milton issued a notice on it once, but it was a small thing about the prop drive I think, he was proactive with it and got it cleared up, that's all a plus in my book.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:16 PM
RC Extreme power

Yes we had a problem where the hub would move about 1mm and rub the crank case, The odd thing is it was the same problem DA had with there 85cc, But just like DA we solved it.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:50 AM
Disarray

Well, thanks for the input. I have to make a decision in the next week.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:48 AM
RC Extreme power

Don't know if you are close to Mac Hodges but he keeps them in stock, Plus you can call and get there opinion on the engine

You will have to call, They are not on his site
www.hodgeshobbies.com

Another is Extreme Flight RC, They stock them also and think they offer a good combo package with one of there planes
www.extremeflightrc.com
Old 06-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Williamclegg
My Feedback: (13)

I purchased an Area 51 from Extreme Flight a few weeks ago. This engine was mounted on an EF extra 300. The engine turned 7000-7200 rpms out of the box on a Vess 23A stock muffler. It pulled hovers at half and less throttle. It pulled out not much over half throttle. This is a new motor on lawnboy. On flight four however my chrystal came out of my JR receiver and the plane had a bad crash. The motor was damaged, cracked head, bent standoffs, torn muffler, and the ignition worked but had something loose. Anyway Milton replaced the engine as the warranty says ($215 shipping included) for another NEW not rebuilt. I own a DA with a solid header and carbon fiber pipe Vess 23A 7600 rpm mounted on an EF Yak and just sold a DL with stock muffler on a Dietrich extra 260 6800 rpms. I must say my experience with Milton has been great and with Chris Henson at Extreme Flight selling these engines, how can a RC pilot loose, $400 for a 50cc that pulls and turns like it is on a pipe.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:40 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This engine is getting off to a very good start. I want one.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:08 AM
RC Extreme power

I want to thank all the ones that have posted about this engine in this thread and other here on the groups

This engine did not happen over night, I think we started on it last November and have worked hard to make it the best it could be, There is about 70 of these out there in the RC world and so far I have not had one negative report on it. Just a couple of prop bolt problems that were minor.

I could have just sent a a lot of them to people here on the groups and got them to make good post about it but decided not to do that and let the engine take it own course. I think it was a good decision because the post you see here in the forums are from people that actually bought the engine and gave there true thoughts on it.

I am getting the same reports on the 102cc that we have came out with also.

About the crash warranty
Yes I lose money when I replace engines under the crash warrant but do not lose overall, We want to sell best engine for the money and give the best service possible in our power.

Thanks again
Milton
Old 06-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Disarray

Milton, is the exhaust port on your 50 the same as the DA's configuration? I am seriously considering mounting a cannister on the 50 when I get it.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:01 PM
RC Extreme power

No it is 2mm off, People are getting header pipes for the DA or DL and taking out one mm on each side and using them.

Anything that will fit a sacks 3.7 or 4.2 will fit our 51cc
Old 07-05-2008, 09:52 AM
RC Extreme power

I have been getting a lot of information request from people in the UK and Europe, There is a distributor- Dealer being set up in the UK and should be up and running soon, They just do not want to let it out untill they receive there stock
This should work good for people in the UK and Europe, The cost of shipping the engines from the US to there is just not cost effective, When all is finished and ready I will post there link for all to see.
If you live in Africa there is a importer there now that carries the engines.
www.jcengines.com

Thanks
Milton
Old 07-06-2008, 04:02 AM
norbert001

Guys
If I may fill you in with a few details.

We are in the process of setting up a sales/service centre in the UK for the JC engine range, to supply the home and european markets. I am working closely with Milton and the factory in China, to make sure we can offer good service and back up, this expanding range of engine's deserve.
We are expecting our first delivery to land about the 20 th of July, and will post when this has happened.
We are currently working on a website which will go " live" very shortly, and can be found at www.gashanger.com again, I will announce when this happens.
We also plan to bring other quality products to compliment the JC range.So bookmark the site and check in regularly.

If you have any enquires please PM me or post here or email [email protected]
Many thanks for the enquires so far, it has been very encouraging and showing us what a great reputation these engines are building.

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun a bit here, but soon to be available will be the 40cc which is under going test's at the moment. If it's anything like it's stable mates ,it will be a winner for sure..!!
The future for JC engine's looks very bright, with a host of engines in the planning to expand the range further.
Which is thanks to Milton who has put a lot of hard graft, and been instrumental in the development of these engine's, and continue's to do so.

Many Thanks for your time.
Paul

Old 07-06-2008, 08:49 PM
RC Extreme power

Paul
You let the cat out of the bag before I could.
Just a few notes for people in the UK and Europe, I was getting so many request for information on the engines it just seemed not fair to have them available there.

I have talked to Paul several time about what he is doing and I don't think you will find a better person to deal with, I believe he is a honest and stright forward person that want to sell and support some of the best RC engines you will find.

I did not profit one nickle in helping what little I could to get Paul and JC engines together in order to set it up. Again with all the request I was getting from overseas customers, The cost of shipping and then the cost to service them just was not cost effective for the buyer.

Good luck Paul on your new adventure and I am aways here if you need any help.

Milton
Old 07-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Disarray

Well, I picked up one today. I will report back after break-in.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Williamclegg

Disarry; If you mount canaster, I will be interested in knowing the power increase. My Area 51 tuned a Vess 23A out of the box 7000-7200 rpms. The power I turned on the stock muffler is outstanding compaired to my DA I have on my EF Yak. The DA turns about 7500-7600 with the header and carbon fiber pipe.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Disarray

I have not decided about the canisters yet. I am going to see how loud she is first, and then make a decision from there.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Disarray

Milton, my engine did not come with instructions. All I see on your webiste are your oil recommendations. Do you have a recommended break in proceedure or do I just fuel it up and fly? Also, I have a 4.8 volt ni/mh batter pack. Will it need a regulator or am I good to go with just pluggin in the pack?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:13 PM
RC Extreme power

4.8 volts is fine, going any higher does not gain you anything but dumping your battery sooner.

Will try to Email you the instructions for the engine, As to how loud the muffler is, I get a lot of comments about how quiet it is, Even Mac Hodges made the statement.

Milton
Old 07-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Williamclegg

Disarray;
What plane are you mounting the Area 51 on? I set up my Area 51 on Lawn Boy, had to adjust the high speed jet to turn the motor up, adjusted the low speed, then tweak the jets. Flew the EF Extra 300. It pulled the plane absolutely great. My plane weighed (Lost the plane on the 4th flight) about 17 pounds. I even hovered it on the 3rd flight and it pulled out with ease just over half throttle. I am currently building my new extra and Milton replaced my heavily damaged motor per the warranty. I got instructions with my motor, you just got to watch these Georgia guys. Seriously, I know RC people who purchased other motors and products from Milton and all have very satisfied.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Williamclegg

Disarray;
What plane are you mounting the Area 51 on? I set up my Area 51 on Lawn Boy, had to adjust the high speed jet to turn the motor up, adjusted the low speed, then tweak the jets. Flew the EF Extra 300. It pulled the plane absolutely great. My plane weighed (Lost the plane on the 4th flight) about 17 pounds. I even hovered it on the 3rd flight and it pulled out with ease just over half throttle. I am currently building my new extra and Milton replaced my heavily damaged motor per the warranty. I got instructions with my motor, you just got to watch these Georgia guys. Seriously, I know RC people who purchased other motors and products from Milton and all have very satisfied.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:05 PM
RC Extreme power

Here are a couple happy kids

http://www.joenall.com/joenall2/2008winners.html

Milton
Old 07-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Disarray

I have put it on the RC guys Decathalon. Started construction today. Got the motor mounted and proceeding with the tail surfaces. No instructions in my box though. No big deal. I am sure Milton will send me the directions (probably already have them, just have not checked my email today).
Old 07-11-2008, 02:45 AM
RC Extreme power

Disarray

Need your regular Email address, Can not find a way to send attachment through RCU Email.

Send to my Email
[email protected]

Thanks
Milton
Old 07-12-2008, 09:48 PM
RC Extreme power

Just got this link with JC engine flying in South Africa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJgPlUhwBXM

Milton

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.