Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

I think there will be a huge market for this engine. I have looked at every 26 to 30 something engine on the market and none fit my applications in that size range. If this engine has the performance, It will be perfect and still be cheaper than many of the glo engines it will replace. I can't understand why so many on here are so wrapped up in the price. It simply isn't a valid comparison to state that one can buy a cheap Chinese 50 for less money. Many of these are good engines but are simply too big for the smaller aerobatic and scale planes some of us also like to fly. Most 26 sized engines simply don't have the performance or in some cases, simply won't fit in the smaller cowls. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this new engine.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:47 PM
RCNCMAN
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a great engine for the gas engine user. It is not made to compete with glow engines. For someone who likes the reliability of gas and clean models it is a good step over a G26 and will fly many large models that are available. When one buys an engine made in the USA, Germany or Japan, I think they have bought a better product than Chinese, and have a product withbetter resale value. China is great at copying but poor at innovation. Their first thought is how cheap it can be made. Quality, long life and reliability are secondary. One usually gets what they pay for.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:04 PM
dirtrider250

NO offense to all upenny pinchers out there, but if u can afford to spend over 400 for this junker then why  woudnt u go to a 50 cc engine which is cheaper (dl 55)  and a bigger plane which flies slower better and has a ton more power. why would u bother with a 25% plane to begin with if u have the the money for this motor !!!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:28 PM
tomyrcmodels

small plane are able to use standard servo that's cost around $150 for  one plane. but  50CC class need high speed high torque servos .6 high speed high torque servos may over $400 . I think this is may be one of the reason.  also small plane are cost around $300.and big plane like 50CC are about $500.  so without engine cost. it's about $400 to $500 different .  

Tomy

MTENGINES
Old 06-21-2009, 10:31 PM
WarbirdPilots
My Feedback: (209)

Alright, dirtrider250's post is the reason RCUneeds a "Vote to Delete" option. Ignorant posts that make no valid point and are just negative.I justput up a post in the RC Universe Support / Suggestionsforumhttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8870277/tm.htm that covers this exactissue. I also pastedit below.

Derogatory, inconsiderate, and purely harassing posts have gotten out of control. It is time for the members to have the power to delete any post they deem inappropriate. RC Universe desperately needs aVOTE TO DELETE"VTD" option.

VTDis an option that allows the members to "click" if they disapprove of a post. Each timethe post gets the "VTD" clicked, a little "X" gets put next to the post. Once there are three members that have clicked on the"VTD" button, the post is deleted. They have this option on www.twinturbo.net and it works quite well.

It gives the power back to the people and gets rid of the derogatory posts quickly and easily. It also takes some of extra work away from the moderators. And I am sure you moderators wouldn't mind that.

Let me know what you think, and check it out on www.twinturbo.net
Old 06-21-2009, 10:38 PM
dirtrider250

um  ok,  that isnt a good reason, becuawse of servos, i dont use top of the line servos even in my 35 % whcih cost me close to $3000 and  i have no problems,  STANDARD SERVOS ARE FOR TRAINERS !! if your gonna play in this sport  then anti up and protect yoru investment with better servos, the cost of extra money spent on a better plane and better servoswill far outweigh the cost of putting in  one of these smaller junkers !!  Trust me i been there done it !!  this hobby isnt for the budget minded people !!  And for those that are budjet minded bring a garbage bag and a broom to the flying field, youll probably need it. !!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:43 PM
RCAddiction
My Feedback: (87)

Dirt,

Many people prefer planes that are smaller than 50cc for a variety of reasons, including cost, ease of transport, comfort level with the size.  Just because you don't happen to agree does not make those opinions any less valid.   You have your own opinion, but it's just that...your own opinion. You've stated it enough. We hear you.  Let's move on.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:59 PM
dirtrider250

THe real problem here lies in these people flooding the market with small junk !! How about these guys coming up with a market for bigger planes so the cost of those will go down! Bigger is better and at the moment the prices of bigger planes is through the roof !
Old 06-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Truckracer

ORIGINAL: dirtrider250

NO offense to all upenny pinchers out there, but if u can afford to spend over 400 for this junker then why woudnt u go to a 50 cc engine which is cheaper (dl 55) and a biggerplane which flies slower better and has a ton more power. why would u bother with a 25% plane to begin with if u have the the money for this motor !!!!!
Well let me try to answer your questions. I own quite a stable of larger airplanes ..... 50 thru 100 cc. but nothingbigger.I enjoy the larger stuff but have to get outmy trailer to haul them to the flying fieldas they won't fit in my truck. I find myself flying the 50 sized planes most often because for me, they're the best overall compromise between good flight characteristics and ease of transport / storage. I'm sure this is why 50 sized planes and engines are so popular overall. Now one of my all time favorite planes is a good 1/4 scale CUB. Yes a CUB and don't think mine get flown in a scale like manner ..... When well powered a CUB will do just about anything most of us would want from an airplane. Have you ever seen video of Bill Hemple's (sp?) huge CUB in action? I enjoy the CUB because it is a verycapable airplane and most people expect to see the typical lazy CUB flight and are startled to see mine either snap on take off or roll to knife edge, snap back to knife edge then climb right into a knife edge loop. Yes, you can hover a CUB too! But to do this, you have to have power and in a small cowl, that usually means glo power. Most of us would prefer a small gasser for all the obvious reasons we're all aware of. Well, this thread is about a small 30cc gasser that looks to me like it would fit perfectly in a CUB with minimal modifications ... probably have to redo the firewall but thats OK.

OK don't want a CUB or something similar? How about the many smaller warbirds that are just small enough that a 50 is too big for them? And of course there are all those smaller aerobatic planes that every ARF company builds that are in between sized planes ... too small for a 50 but a 26is either too heavy or doesn't have enough power. There are many other planes that a good 30 gasser would be a perfect fit in them. So you see, we're not all penny pinchers out here that want a good 30 or similar sized engine. We want one because it fits a real need and I believe many / most of us will pay the price when one comes along. I hope this engine is "the one"!
Old 06-21-2009, 11:12 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Not everyone is flying 3D hoverbatic, wanna be , helicopter planes! Some of us desire good gas powerplants for scale and warbird subjects. If anyone is paying attention. the warbird market is getting huge and that is an area where this engine fits best.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Truckracer

THe real problem here lies in these people flooding the market with small junk !! How about these guys coming up with a market for bigger planes so the cost of those will go down! Bigger is better and at the moment the prices of bigger planes is through the roof ! Enough of the small junk ?!!!! Towerhobbies and horizon has plenty of that, how about making giant scale more affordable if anything !! WE DONT NEED ANOTHER ENGINE under 50cc There EVERYWHERE including your own garage !!!

If this new engine has the performance it states, it will be unique in the market, There are a few other engines in this size range that offer good performance but they are few in number and some require a tuned pipe to realize that performance level. Yes there are many smaller gas engines available but few if any really measure up to the performance levels expected of them .... and few offer a compact planform with rear intake and exhaust.

I have several very nice older 120 sized planes (kit and scratch built ... not ARFs) that just sit around and are no longer flown because I'm tired of their glo engines and the fuel expense and the mess. This 30 gasser could breath new life into them.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Truckracer

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

Not everyone is flying 3D hoverbatic, wanna be , helicopter planes! Some of us desire good gas powerplants for scale and warbird subjects. If anyone is paying attention. the warbird market is getting huge and that is an area where this engine fits best.
I think I've made that exact point several times in this thread. It would be a very versatile engine for many applications.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:27 PM
tkg

I don't know how this engine would fit in a 2x2 Pattern plane, but those guys are spending some serious $$$ on the new YS engines.
Ya gotta remember that IMCA and FAI is a tail wagging the dog thing, There are way more average Joe's out there and most of them need a bullet proof engine. One that they don't have to fiddle with, cause with enough fiddling something is going to get broken.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:41 PM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

nice Job Todd!!!, one question, do you think this engine will work on my next project:

http://www.aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=309

Old 06-22-2009, 12:00 AM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

THe real problem here lies in these people flooding the market with small junk !! How about these guys coming up with a market for bigger planes so the cost of those will go down! Bigger is better and at the moment the prices of bigger planes is through the roof ! Enough of the small junk ?!!!! Towerhobbies and horizon has plenty of that, how about making giant scale more affordable if anything !! WE DONT NEED ANOTHER ENGINE under 50cc There EVERYWHERE including your own garage !!!
Holy crap dude.....i fly giant scale stuff to , but i have to say , you aint got a clue on what this thread is even about. First off.....you come in here and say " don't buy this junky ( american made) motor....but buy a china made DL instead? what are you....friggin' 12? How much do you wanna pony up that your DL won't last 1/3rd the time my BME 58 will? How much do you want to put on the table to even think your China motor ( which DL is a good motor) would even come close to the actaull life span of a BME , DA , 3W ( german) or this new Syssa motor? You'll buy 3 of your DL's why my BME will be still going through it's first set of rings. You ain't thinking clearly here , or you just do not have a clue at all. Why do i think the Syssa will be a good motor?.....because it's got an american that's building and designing it......look at the DA's and BME's! If this motor is anything like those , this little 30cc motor will be a winner! On top of that , Todd mentioned a 60cc boxer twin in a testing phase , and possibly some bigger stuff in the future..........

and you tell people to buy a DL?

Anybody that knows how to put a plane together can make a little 25% bird fly better than a 35% bird , if the 35% owner doesn't know how to set one up. just because you boast about how you "invest" into this hobby......Todd and the future buyer here are talking about investing into the USA!

sorry for goin' off a little.....but his thread bugged me.

Jake....please don't delete this!

Old 06-22-2009, 12:16 AM
flaminheli

JEFFRO503, I am sure it will not get deleted. They get their kicks from locking threads when to many people have differant opinions.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:08 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A G26 with EI is $375.00 and it sucks quite abit of battery juice. Alot of people replace the ignition for around a $100. Give or take a twenty or so. That's right around $475. The standard G26 with a mag is $325. With an aftermarket ignition, your at $425. Your price of $430 is not out of line at all. Sure you can get a DL55 for the same price, but like others have said, the 55 is too large for the planes the 30 will fit in. Not everyone wants a 50cc plane. I have a Goldberg Ultimate with the SV26 and it's a perfect match. Maybe after you get going, I'll try your engine out on something similar or maybe even swap it out on the Ulti for a direct comparison.

I can't believe some of the whining going on here. All I ever hear is "Buy American."  Here we have a guy actually building American, so that we can buy American, and we complain about it. I'll be the first to admit, I like a good deal, but I'm willing to shell out a few extra clams for quality, reliability, performance, and service. May the Good Lord bless you in your business endeavor.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:18 AM
hairy46

Todd is on the right track! He is giving us guys that want to buy American a chance to buy American! I love this sport but if you want something you have to buy made where ever! I am so ready for something like this that I want Todd to put Bob from Sinclair Wyoming on the list to buy one! I do not have the plane for it yet but will be ordering one soon, A War-bird I am sure, kit made in America!I do not think a few of the guys writing in on this tread really understands what Todd is doing, He is giving us a choice that I for one really really want! The performance sounds great to me! I wish I could say Todd put me down for half a dozen but my work has slowed so for now I want a motor thats is stamped made in America or USA! Todd I want to thank you for making this possible and will be telling all whereI got what I know will be my soon to be favorit engine! And for those that are calling it junk and over priced, ToddI will take one! Bob

Remember it is easier to ask for forgiveness then for permission!
Old 06-22-2009, 01:24 AM
hairy46

RIGHTON MR. BIGG, BUYAMERICAN! and I thank Todd for helping to make it possible!

Want to keep from crashing? Take off and land higher!
Old 06-22-2009, 01:32 AM
Smacka

Just random thoughts...

1) If you prefer to buy american, please do so. Why? Freedom of choice, isn't it great!? We have brave men and women fighting for just that!

2) If you like big aircraft, please do fly them. Why? Freedom of choice, isn't it great!? We have brave men and women fighting for just that!

3) If you prefer smaller aircraft, please do fly them. Why? Freedom of choice, isn't it great!? We have brave men and women fighting for just that!

For one person to bash another based soly upon whether or not he/she likes strawberry ice cream over vanilla ice cream is just plain absurd.

It is a crying shame that this thread was so butchered. I had to read through a ton of waste to get to the "good stuff"...the message actually worth reading.

I look forward to future information on this very interesting product, regardless of whetherI choose to buy one or not. Why? I think you know the answer

Regards,
Smacka

Old 06-22-2009, 02:02 AM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

I'm with ya smacka! Glad to see another American made motor hitting the market.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:53 AM
Syssa Aircraft

That is a nice looking plane...and Aeroworks does an outstanding job. Iwould buy all their planes if Ihad the space!
The the plane will fly well with the engine. If it is 15 pounds the 3D will be a bit mushy...it will still pull out of hover with the SAP180hp, but not it will with an 11 pound extra.
You will still have unlimited vertical at that weight though and will have plenty for doing all kinds of aerobatics.
I dont personally have any experience with that plane...but it looks like it will do well!

I have a bit of experience with the Aeroworks Yak QB 1.20 and the SAP-180HP, which is a couple pounds lighter than that Extra. You can hover and pullout nicely...and accelerate straight up.
Avideo was shot last week of the AWYak with the engine...so Ishould have it soon! You can see how it does and judge for yourself!

When originally designed this engine...one of the goals was it had to fit into a reasonably sized warbird...one that it would have spirited performance in. The Mustang, like other liquid inlines of its day, has narrow cowls...so if Idesigned the engine to fit in a tightly cowled Mustang without hacking up the sides of the engine area on the plane, it surely can fit into just about anything else. Isaw the Hanger 9 Mustang 1.50 (the new one) and just had to get one to try out...well...it's almost ready (so busy with everything so it took some time)...so we'll have a video of that too soon. Iwas thinking of an 18x10 or 17x10 for the Mustang...I'll try both and send the GPSfor a wild ride to see the results.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:55 AM
Syssa Aircraft

Sorry edit -

If it is 15 pounds the 3D will be a bit mushy...it will still pull out of hover with the SAP180hp, but not LIKE it will with an 11 pound extra.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:54 AM
Syssa Aircraft

Okay...I figure I'd throw a close up of the block on here...but the real magic is on the inside...
If someone wants to try to copy the inside...at least we should make them buy one!
Quality and know-how is tough to copy though.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur51992.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	1222453  
Old 06-22-2009, 06:05 AM
mm

hello todd,

Congratulation, i'm happy to see an US factory makes engine...i'm french and i would like to buy a french or an US engine, and not necessary a chinese engine, i prefer to pay a little morefor a good quality and reliable engine. I practise a little F3A and could be interested in replacing my yamada, too expensive in fuel..

good luck for your business

Stephane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.