Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 02:07 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

John,

I wasnt worried. I knew Chris would make it right.
We all would like to have seen 1000 of these planes delivered without a single issue. It looks like the majority got Yak's that are fine but I know Chris well enought to know that if even one was not 100% correct it wuld bother him and he would, without hesitation, make it right.

I guess its unrealistic to think there will not be problems with anything you purchase. The mark of a true company is how they deal with issues that arise.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:29 PM
matus777

Yep and with about 99% of it sooo right it's just a bummer that the 1% had to be in the alignment area...Murphy's Law! Well I got up extra early this morning to check mine because my dog got sprayed by a skunk (wife let him out before work) and it was right by the furnace air intake....whew what a nose pincher! Anyone want to doggy sit for about a week...maybe he'll smell good in time for the Yak Fest?

I wonder where Chris will be taking his honeymoon...maybe heading west just to go east? Congrat's Chris and thumbs up on excellent business planning....
Old 03-07-2005, 03:15 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT

Guys, thanks for the emails with the pictures. This will help in explaining the situation to my manufacturer. Also for the rest of the week I am going to stop answering the phone at 2 p.m. so I can get these replacement fuses out in a timely manner. If you need to speak with me please call before 2 or send an email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Again thanks for your patience and continued support and I'll get these issues taken care of as fast as possible.
Best Regards,
Chris Hinson
Old 03-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Yak Man
My Feedback: (1)

Chris,
Congratulations & Thanks!

Doug Schrag
Old 03-07-2005, 05:10 PM
flat spin

Chris, Congrats again mate. You realise there are going to be literally thousands of Yakers out there who will want to attend the Reception. I can see it now, fly by

Great news.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:32 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

I am glad to see that Chris is taking care of us! I get a discount with shipping so I will probably be sending mine back to him so he can tear into it...
One thing puzzles me...so far it seems that MINE is the only one where the stab tube is lower on the RIGHT side as opposed to everyone elses being lower on the LEFT[&:] I hope it is something as simple as a bad Jig, but if it is, then there are at least TWO bad jigs...one that twists to the left and one that twists to the right[]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60981.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	239729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99375.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	239730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97705.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	239731  
Old 03-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Gotta_Fly
My Feedback: (2)

I can not believe what I'm reading,( But first let me say congrats Chris). I'm in the music business and the reason I'm telling this is I have extremely weird working ours, anyway this will offend some of you and if it does that Ive done my job, everybody else and they know who they are will understand this PERFECTLY, Yesterday I noticed that I had the problem everyone is talking about today and mine is a little more then a 1/4 off, But at that time I needed to get back to my session, and the whole time this never cross, bother or even popped in my because I knew Chris would take care of it, But when I was ready to email Chris today I wanted to see if there was any good stuff that happened over the weekend like video's, But instead I hear everybody talking about it and just Dogging him out, Let me tell you guys this is his bread and butter on the line, But what just blows my mind is the two faced people I see on here ALL THE TIME, and right now I really have to watch what I say, But you guys are something else, For some reason I think all you certain people think that Chris built everyone of these planes by he's hand, and even though its his responsiblity to have a great product, why dont you throw in the people have mistake factors, So do me and everybody else that knows Chris a favor either like him or don't, Dont just love him and his work when things are wonderful then burn the hell out of him when there is a small set back and I mean small, In the past 8 months I have meet Chris once at a fly it, and I have bought 5 planes this Yak being the 6th , I even had a plane with a small problem, Man and the guy is so nice he just makes it so easy on you and says, Man I'll have one out to,, Try that WITH ANY Hobby company, can you imagine if you bought that from Tower, Horizon, and any of other companys you would have to take off work repack the box ship it back what 3 weeks, So when it comes to cutormer service Come on guys You cant even get that from Cingular, Bellsouth, Or any other business. But I'm just blown away I just got home about 2 hours ago and I'm reading all this, Well all I got to say is Chris I got to hand it to you, there is no way I could do what you do, 1 minute you are a great designer and the next you suck and everybody cant wait to say they wish they never bought your products... Now I'm sure I'm going to get a bunch of slack out of this, so all of you I have offended please have some respect and just email me with your problem and not post it here and waste a great thread. anyway I know that kind of stuff doesn't bother you Chris, But Damnnnn enough is enough, and one more thing sometimes I cant decide if people complain just because other people complain, maybe that need a Complaining friend,,, Listen for those of you who I'm talking to there are two types of people in this world , there ledders and there followers, Man if them ledders died you guys would be lost.........

Randy
Old 03-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Gotta_Fly

sorry for the misspelled words above

Randy
Old 03-07-2005, 05:52 PM
jpa2002
My Feedback: (115)

I have waited for this plane, and Chris has done an excellent job, so one way or the other, mine will fly!

Congrats Chris and your customer service is one of the best that I have found!

Jon
Old 03-07-2005, 06:46 PM
SydDythers
My Feedback: (5)

Dude, other than Y N C's comment, I don't think anyone has blamed Chris for anything or quit supporting him. Man you are angry today ! I'm still waiting for my Yak to be delivered up here in the Great White North and can hardly wait. Nobody is really even complaining too loudly and are giving him every opportunity to rectify things. We all agree it has been a long road for him and I don't think anyone has made a point on this thread to say he isn't giving 100% effort. I'm quite sure all of those who's yaks are misaligned will be taken care of...and I'm quite sure those people feel that way too.

Happy flying all!

ORIGINAL: Gotta_Fly

I can not believe what I'm reading,( But first let me say congrats Chris). I'm in the music business and the reason I'm telling this is I have extremely weird working ours, anyway this will offend some of you and if it does that Ive done my job, everybody else and they know who they are will understand this PERFECTLY, Yesterday I noticed that I had the problem everyone is talking about today and mine is a little more then a 1/4 off, But at that time I needed to get back to my session, and the whole time this never cross, bother or even popped in my because I knew Chris would take care of it, But when I was ready to email Chris today I wanted to see if there was any good stuff that happened over the weekend like video's, But instead I hear everybody talking about it and just Dogging him out, Let me tell you guys this is his bread and butter on the line, But what just blows my mind is the two faced people I see on here ALL THE TIME, and right now I really have to watch what I say, But you guys are something else, For some reason I think all you certain people think that Chris built everyone of these planes by he's hand, and even though its his responsiblity to have a great product, why dont you throw in the people have mistake factors, So do me and everybody else that knows Chris a favor either like him or don't, Dont just love him and his work when things are wonderful then burn the hell out of him when there is a small set back and I mean small, In the past 8 months I have meet Chris once at a fly it, and I have bought 5 planes this Yak being the 6th , I even had a plane with a small problem, Man and the guy is so nice he just makes it so easy on you and says, Man I'll have one out to,, Try that WITH ANY Hobby company, can you imagine if you bought that from Tower, Horizon, and any of other companys you would have to take off work repack the box ship it back what 3 weeks, So when it comes to cutormer service Come on guys You cant even get that from Cingular, Bellsouth, Or any other business. But I'm just blown away I just got home about 2 hours ago and I'm reading all this, Well all I got to say is Chris I got to hand it to you, there is no way I could do what you do, 1 minute you are a great designer and the next you suck and everybody cant wait to say they wish they never bought your products... Now I'm sure I'm going to get a bunch of slack out of this, so all of you I have offended please have some respect and just email me with your problem and not post it here and waste a great thread. anyway I know that kind of stuff doesn't bother you Chris, But Damnnnn enough is enough, and one more thing sometimes I cant decide if people complain just because other people complain, maybe that need a Complaining friend,,, Listen for those of you who I'm talking to there are two types of people in this world , there ledders and there followers, Man if them ledders died you guys would be lost.........

Randy
Old 03-07-2005, 07:05 PM
bwick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta_fly, seems like you're over reacting a bit. There was never a comment dogging Chris, save Y N C's smart *ss remark. I just read through and all I saw was customers slightly dissapointed by a faulty plane, but keeping faith in Chris or simply stating that they would watch closely and decide based on Chris's response.

Chris has/is obviously gone above and beyond expectations, as usual. I for one am impressed and pleased, thought I would have to wait forever to get another fuse.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:54 PM
CHassan
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Alas I checked my wing/stab alignment and I to suffer from a left stab down syndrome
Old 03-07-2005, 08:08 PM
J. AVANT
My Feedback: (11)

BWICK,

I'm with you, Chris is one L of a guy, to act as fast as he did tells me something, he cares. i'm sure he would wont to know about his product good or bad. GOTTA_fly did over react.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Gotta_Fly

Guys, instead of everybody, I should have said a few, and those few know who they are, My anger wasn't to everyone, only to a few, Don't get me wrong guys I know 90% of you are good people, But man I just cant handle the other, also mark my words, on the 95 or even the 100 page your going to hear some great stuff, Like,,, man I was flying that Yak today at 800 feet and I decided to do a fast dive to the run way and when I got 3 inches from the runway I pulled the nose back and went into a hover, and then all of a sudden the wing fell off, mannnnnnnnn Extreme flight sucks,,, Well guys as you well know that was exaggerated, but my point is and please take notice is always the same guys who run that month... But anyway guys you know what and who I was talking about, If I offended somebody by saying EVERYBODY that was a bad choice of words and I apologize, Its just I'v been in this hobby awhile now and Extreme Flight has given me the best service, the best products, and all you fellows that fly alot and spend that money, you all know to well thats hard to find,,, and one more thing There are some many different small company's out there, and now that I'm flying mainly Giant Scale I have narrowed all my shopping down to 5 stores, and I get treated great at each one, BUT it took me a long time to get that bond if you will with your company.... But anyway I'll say it again if I offended someone by using the wrong choose of words I'm sorry I was only talking about those few I know....

Randy
Old 03-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Dave763

I got to call Chris. Mine is twisted[&o] The left stab is lower. Not as bad as some but I'm not happy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96028.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	239850   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69779.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	239851  
Old 03-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Dave763

After checking as to why the tubes are not lined up it looks like a twist has been built in the fuse.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:54 PM
jrjohn
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry to say I have a twisted one as well, mine is right stab down. That kinda blows some of the theory of a bad jig because some are left stab down.

It's great to see Chris held back some planes just for problems such as this. He certainly was thinking ahead.

Thank you Chris

John
Old 03-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Mudsurfer1234

i feel dumb asking this, but what else are you supposed to do on a forum except learn, so...

How does a tail that is about a 1/4 inch twisted affect flight? im sure there are some that are flying now that are twisted, and all i been hearing are positives, so it can't affect flight too much, but i wouldn't doubt im wrong.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 03-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Dave763

I don't know how it would affect the way it flies. I do know that it should not be like that. I think for what we paid for it, it should a least be built straight and true.
I hope Chris has a straight one for me. I sent him a email. I'll call in the morning.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:13 PM
matus777

Actually Scott that's really a good question.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:14 PM
BBriBro

ORIGINAL: Mudsurfer1234

..............im sure there are some that are flying now that are twisted, and all i been hearing are positives.
Thanks,
Scott
Thats a good point, I'm sure a tiny bit won't hurt, it seems that Chris's clientele is a bit more demanding than most, which is fine, since Chris's product is a cut above, Chris has attracted the creme of the crop, and we are expecting perfection, (maybe that's a bit unrealistic for a mass produced ARF) but I like to see the perfectionism in this thread (Maudib, are you're ears ringing? ) but I have seen some guys who notoriously build crooked, to the point when the plane is flying directly away from you it looks like an X-wing fighter !!!

Here is a similar example, I just read that the Lincoln Navigator is the Worst car on the road, when it comes to mechanical problems, (they didn't say what kind of probs, I'm assuming little nuisance type stuff) Anyway my point is, (and their point was) that more expensive vehicles like that appear more unreliable than cheap economy cars simply because the owners of expensive cars tend to expect more out of them, and also tend to complain a lot more when they break, so those comparisons a lot of times are skewed. A guy in a Doge neon doesn't expect as much, and tends to tolerate more. I think we have a similar circumstance here.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:22 PM
matus777

I know that some of the guys who fly pattern are really fussy....about their planes and when it's all done and said they actually "screw" a little twist here and there to make them fly "right". They are setup to do that. They actually weight each piece of wood and it must be in tolerance before they use it and it's like picking the fly crap out of the pepper but in the end they induce a little twist here and there.....interesting and merely academic! Not defending or judging anything or anyone....just reporting what i've seen.

Reminds me of the old adage, "Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a piece of chalk and cut it with an axe." I just know with certainty that if had to build this thing i'd have to call it a Boomerang and not a Yak!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:28 PM
islandflyer

The elevator makes your plane point up by pushing the tail down (when you pull on the stick).
If the elevator is on a different plane from that of the wing, it will push the tail down AND sideways. So everytime you pull or push on the elevator stick, it will change the headding of the plane.
Not good.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:35 PM
BBriBro

On a more positive note, many many pages ago, we were discussing the Brison 3.2 vs the DA-50. I am running the Brison, today I recorded 6500 RPM on a Menz S 22-8. I am at 890' and it was 59 degrees (sorry I don't know the relative humidity ) While this number is slightly lower than what the DA turns, I am using a wrap around Pitts muffler, I feel sure with a less restrictive muffler I would get a couple hundred RPM back, so all in all, I'm pretty impressed, the only drawback is the extra weight. My Yak is 16lbs 3 oz. (do I have the record for the heaviest one ) I am running dual batteries, switches and regulators, however I feel sure that there is half a pound between the Brison with a Pitts muffler and the DA with the stock muffler. The engines are closer than you would think, but the muffler is heavy, oh well, it's what I had, and it looks nice, we'll see how it does.

I am comparing my numbers to Maudib's, he was running the MSC 22-8 prop, how do they compare to the Menz S ? I know they look similar, so I'm considering them pretty much equal, as far as load on the engine.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:37 PM
ten pillows

Okay guys I have just gotten my Yak a couple of days ago. I have been following this thread and I am very excited to be a part of something as big as this intro by Extreme Flight. I don't need to have any doubts about Chris or the quality if my Yak. What I do need however, is a little guidance on how to get an accurate measurement of my tubes in the fuselage. Sorry to ask but is just inserting the tubes in the fuselage, blocking it up as close to even in the back, and then just eyeballing it, a close enough way to tell if I have a problem or not? Or, do I need to somehow get an incidence meter on it, or.....?

Thanks for your input and no matter what the result I am sure the end will turn out to be a completely satisfied experience.

ten pillows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.