Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 06:25 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

This thread needs to get back on track please.

So that everyone knows ahead of time,

I am going to go back through the thread a couple of pages and remove anything not having to do with the thread
Old 11-16-2005, 10:17 PM
bubbagates

Ok everyone, I have cleaned out the thread again. I tried to be fair and consistent in doing this. Some posts were removed altogether and some were edited.

In all but a few cases everyones post that was removed was notified. For the ones that did not get a notification, the software "burped" and would not allow the notice to be sent.

I ask that all of the little bickering come to a stop. I will be watching this thread very closely from this point forward.

Now to ge tthe thread back on track. I understand that Chris's planes, specifically the Yaks are the best there is. Would everyone consider this to be a fact. I've heard allot about them but since I'm in here at the moment I figured I'd ask those of you that fly it

So please let me in on your experiences with his planes, I'm all ears
Old 11-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: bubbagates

Ill let ya know on Saturday after I get my first few flights in..so far the quality is awesome..
Old 11-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Josey Wales

ORIGINAL: wgeffon

ORIGINAL: Bosshossv8

LOW RATES......at first
Naww..

Takeoff to a 1-1/4 snap to the left. The start a rolling harrier to the right.
You can set the trims later..
I have so much throw at high rates that the elevators actually lifted up the tail today![X(]
Old 11-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Bosshossv8
My Feedback: (10)

LOW RATES......at first
Naww..

Takeoff to a 1-1/4 snap to the left. The start a rolling harrier to the right.
You can set the trims later..

Chris' 68" Yak-54 was the first plane I ever did a manuever as part of the takeoff. It flies THAT neutral. I immediatley roll right and stick KE on climb out.

What Wayne says..... is entirely possible, it will be THAT confidence inspiring. I bet you need no trim other than a click or two of elevator to balance her out.

good luck, I will have to wait until after Thanksgiving to read your maiden report, I am going to Deer Camp.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Josey Wales

good luck, I will have to wait until after Thanksgiving to read your maiden report, I am going to Deer Camp.

Thanks..Im gettin ready for ML season here too..just got back from CO on an Elk hunt! Good luck!
Old 11-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old 11-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Bob Laine

==========================
Old 11-16-2005, 10:58 PM
romanrc

I have 3 planes from EF, I wait all the time for other, I fly many planes, and EF is the best ARF in the market. Go Chris and good Locke whit the new factory.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Bob Laine

no comment
Old 11-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

It's a real *****cat, and when the wheels leave the ground you will instantly know that we all have been trying to share with ya... smooth.

Elk Hunt huh? I gotsta make me some new friends! You need another? I am an archer only... Got a doe the first day and a decent 8 point a few days ago... snow lfew last night so I must say I'm glad to be finished.

Still my ulitmate dream hunt would be archery hunt Elk. Done the bear thing...

I even subscribed to the Colorado Outdoot magazine thing to start learning where, when, etc...

J. David

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

Thanks..Im gettin ready for ML season here too..just got back from CO on an Elk hunt! Good luck!
Old 11-17-2005, 08:09 AM
torqmeister

I have been flying RC since 1972, and this is the BEST flying aircraft i have ever flown. It will do everything one is capable of doing, well.
ORIGINAL: bubbagates

Ok everyone, I have cleaned out the thread again. I tried to be fair and consistent in doing this. Some posts were removed altogether and some were edited.

In all but a few cases everyones post that was removed was notified. For the ones that did not get a notification, the software "burped" and would not allow the notice to be sent.

I ask that all of the little bickering come to a stop. I will be watching this thread very closely from this point forward.

Now to ge tthe thread back on track. I understand that Chris's planes, specifically the Yaks are the best there is. Would everyone consider this to be a fact. I've heard allot about them but since I'm in here at the moment I figured I'd ask those of you that fly it

Old 11-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Torqued-Up
My Feedback: (16)

My EF Yak is the best flying airplane I've ever had the pleasure to fly...

The rest of my birds are feeling neglected as they never seem to go to the field anymore... I'm selling off everything else, with the exception of my profiles & foamies, as I'm now spoiled by the EF Yak...

I'm not putting my name on the list for the next EF 50cc mystery plane, but I do want a 100cc 107" EF Yak...

Old 11-17-2005, 10:22 AM
matus777

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales
I have so much throw at high rates that the elevators actually lifted up the tail today![X(]

[/quote]

Lower the tail wheel...
Old 11-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Bryant330L
My Feedback: (126)

I thought this thread was closed? I have noticed a few things:

Wayne, how can you hate Seinfeld? Man that is the best show ever! Kramer is hilarious.

Maudib it is great seeing you on the boards again. I hope you are doing well. Shoot me a pm sometime and let me know how your rehab is going.

I have noticed that since re-opening some of the opinions that differ from the majority are gone.... doesn't suprise me in the least. I thought everyone had the right to an opinon?

I really hope this works out for Chris, after all the heartache and troubles he has went through. To have fun in your job is probably something I will never get to do. I believe that if EF can keep planes in stock they will move as much product as anyone. It must be a strong passion or he would have given up long before now. Being a computer guy wouldn't be bad though. Have you guys ever saw the Saturday Night Live skit with the computer guy. Chris could be the guy yelling "MOVE" all the time!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:29 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Seinfeld sucks.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:51 PM
bubbagates

Everyone, Please keep the thread on topic.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:39 PM
jrjohn
My Feedback: (24)

I like to read different opinions, I'm smart enough to week out the BS from reality. ( I think we are all that smart) For some reason people get very emotional about their friends and airplanes in this hobby.

The thread is like a pail of gas, it's fine until somebody causes a spark, then all hell breaks loose. We a have different standards, personalities, backgrounds, jobs, flying and building skills, intelligence levels ect.... There is just now way we will ever all agree on everything. If we all thought the same, why would we be on this thread, as there would be nothing to gain!

Because we are all different, there will be different emotions such as we saw yesterday after Chriss' announcment. Some people on this thread already own and fly the EF Yak and they stay on the thread kinda like it's a Yak club. Some people are building a EF Yak and are here for information, and some have been waiting for one and stay tuned to learn all they can so "when" they get this plane they will have all the knowledge needed to build and fly.

Lets try to put ourself in the other persons shoes, is it possible that a person who has been waiting for countless months could be unhappy when they are told the plane you have been waiting for will no longer be a priority, and will be for the time being replaced by a plane of which no description is given. (this stuck me very strange) The guy has no idea what the plane is, or if he is even on the waiting list for this unknown plane and if he is on the list he doesn't know if he wants it because he has no idea what it is. (I compare it to going on a blind date)

The second I read Chiss' post I said to myself "there is going to be trouble" For the guys on this thread that have a Yak 54 it was good news, because they are ready to move on, but for the guys on the waiting list it was the worst. Now add to this equasion different personalities, income levels and don't forget blood sugar levels, you have a recipe for disaster.

where am i going with this? Nowhere I guess. If we all decided to respect the other guys opinion, sure as heck a new guy would show up that didn't know the protocal he'd start a fight and we'd be back to square one. So it will never be perfect. But we can try, if a person makes a personal comment and you don't fight back, THERE IS NO FIGHT Let it go, be the better person. Lets argue facts, and keep the personal attacks/counter attacks for the street. Or better yet use the Personal message.

I could have easy called Wayne a bad name for saying Sceinfeld sucks, but no, I didn't attack him on this thread, instead I sent his computer a virus.

John
Old 11-17-2005, 02:22 PM
bpryor
My Feedback: (45)

Seinfeld sucks.

And I was starting to like you Wayne, but anyone that doesn't like Seinfeld......

ORIGINAL: jrjohn

I like to read different opinions, I'm smart enough to week out the BS from reality. ( I think we are all that smart) For some reason people get very emotional about their friends and airplanes in this hobby.

The thread is like a pail of gas, it's fine until somebody causes a spark, then all hell breaks loose. We a have different standards, personalities, backgrounds, jobs, flying and building skills, intelligence levels ect.... There is just now way we will ever all agree on everything. If we all thought the same, why would we be on this thread, as there would be nothing to gain!

Because we are all different, there will be different emotions such as we saw yesterday after Chriss' announcment. Some people on this thread already own and fly the EF Yak and they stay on the thread kinda like it's a Yak club. Some people are building a EF Yak and are here for information, and some have been waiting for one and stay tuned to learn all they can so "when" they get this plane they will have all the knowledge needed to build and fly.

Lets try to put ourself in the other persons shoes, is it possible that a person who has been waiting for countless months could be unhappy when they are told the plane you have been waiting for will no longer be a priority, and will be for the time being replaced by a plane of which no description is given. (this stuck me very strange) The guy has no idea what the plane is, or if he is even on the waiting list for this unknown plane and if he is on the list he doesn't know if he wants it because he has no idea what it is. (I compare it to going on a blind date)

The second I read Chiss' post I said to myself "there is going to be trouble" For the guys on this thread that have a Yak 54 it was good news, because they are ready to move on, but for the guys on the waiting list it was the worst. Now add to this equasion different personalities, income levels and don't forget blood sugar levels, you have a recipe for disaster.

where am i going with this? Nowhere I guess. If we all decided to respect the other guys opinion, sure as heck a new guy would show up that didn't know the protocal he'd start a fight and we'd be back to square one. So it will never be perfect. But we can try, if a person makes a personal comment and you don't fight back, THERE IS NO FIGHT Let it go, be the better person. Lets argue facts, and keep the personal attacks/counter attacks for the street. Or better yet use the Personal message.

I could have easy called Wayne a bad name for calling Sceinfeld stupid or whatever it was he said, but no, I didn't attack him on this thread, instead I sent his computer a virus.

John
Very, very well said John! I'm with you 100%. Words and emotions are easily misconstrued in these threads, and some people you might think are your enemies on here, would be your friends at the field if you discussed the exact same subject. It's kind of like road rage, it would mostly never happen if you were able to look the other person in the eye when you're in your car. Life is too short.

Hey guys, to keep this semi on subject, how about some official speculation on what Chris' mystery plane is, or what you'd like it to be. I personally have no idea, but I would love to see a Pitts as mentioned earlier.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:39 PM
jrjohn

Bill, I'm hoping it's not a bi-wing. I don't have the time to set it up and take it apart at the field and don't have a big hauler so I can take it in one piece. A buddie of mine had one of those WH pretty pink Ultimates. He'd lay on the ground with ball drivers screwing the thing together for about 20 mins, same thing when he took it apart. Then people like me would always stand over him asking questions like why did you buy that thing, how many wings does it have, why do you need two wings ect... and making comments like, "wow that pink is sure pretty it goes well with your underware"

I'm guessing he would build a plane everyone could want. I'm praying it's an Edge 540 because I fly 3D. and I just think they look cool. I'm hoping it's not another Extra, as I feel they have been done to death. The WH Edge 540 would have been a bombshell if it was 3 pounds liter and had bigger control surfaces. He could easily make the best 50 size edge out there and sell them by the truckload.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Maudib

I cannot imagine an Edge, Extra or CAP due to the fact the market has quite of these already to market...

But something new?

Maybe a Pitts S-12... Some wouldn't like a bipe.. .but I love 'em... and Chris is the guy to develop the best/easiest/fastest way to mount the spare wing...

Maybe an offscale venture... like a 'Cuda (but done right and done light!) and less cost for a top of the line ARF than a "kit"

Maybe an Extra 260? Not too many out there and NONE really that are truly 50cc... how about an 85" Extra 260 that weighs, ahhhhh, 15.25 lbs?

I really don't think anyone could make an Ultimate like EF could... Give me a 68" coming in at 16 lbs...

Maybe a Rad Sukhoi...

I know I sounded funny on an earlier post when I said I don't care... but I really don't... I'll take one not even knowing what the design. And better put me on the 2nd batch list for a backup...

If he says slightly bigger but identical weight, it makes me think monoplane... It may very well be an 87" Edge, Extra, Katana, Sukhoi, Velox, etc...

But he COULD be refering to wingarea... in which it could be a 67" Pitts S-12....

Awe... we'll know when sugarplums dance in our heads and not until...
Old 11-17-2005, 03:17 PM
matus777

"I didn't attack him on this thread, instead I sent his computer a virus."

Won't do any good.....Drew pulled protection over Wayne's computer!

Old 11-17-2005, 03:21 PM
jrjohn

ORIGINAL: matus777

"I didn't attack him on this thread, instead I sent his computer a virus."

Won't do any good.....Drew pulled protection over Wayne's computer!

Rats!
Old 11-17-2005, 03:22 PM
bpryor
My Feedback: (45)

ORIGINAL: jrjohn

Bill, I'm hoping it's not a bi-wing. I don't have the time to set it up and take it apart at the field and don't have a big hauler so I can take it in one piece.
I can fully understand that. I have a 9X5 Wells Cargo, but I hate using it. That's a big part of the reason I have a 30% plane that fits in the back of my Suburban instead of a 40%er that I'd have to use the trailerw with.

...but....

ORIGINAL: Maudib
....and Chris is the guy to develop the best/easiest/fastest way to mount the spare wing...

I agree with Maudib, that if it's designed right, it could be a very easy task to put on and off the wings.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Maudib

I'd like to see a bipe with the struts attached with hinges to the lower wing... Attach lower wing, bolt top wing on cabanes and flip up the struts from the lower wing, held in place by one bolt each. All top bolts, no butt cleavage to share...

A fella could get real snazzy and do some interlocking cabane that the wing slips on may not even need a bolt as once the struts are bolted it can't move forward or back...... see below basic ideas...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72704.gif
Views:	11
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	355895  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.