Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Hyper 8 chassis tweaked / Driveshaft tweaked, PICS.

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 8 chassis tweaked / Driveshaft tweaked, PICS.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 02:04 PM
what_stanger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 8 chassis tweaked / Driveshaft tweaked, PICS.

Friends hyper 8 after a crash. The car had no rear brace on, which is probably completely at fault for this damage. The rear chassis is normally flat, its cleary tweaked. The driveshaft picture is of the rear driveshaft, and its obvious what happened there. It buckled bad enough it would rotate, the motor mount would interfere.

Just for kicks, check it out.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66826.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	654491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69974.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	654492  
Old 04-01-2007, 02:10 PM
nik77356

Default RE: Hyper 8 chassis tweaked / Driveshaft tweaked, PICS.

well come on you already teased us you need to post pics
Old 04-01-2007, 02:12 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

What pictures and yes if he was not running the rear brace what do you expect?[X(] The brace is put of for a reason just in case he did not know. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 04-01-2007, 02:22 PM
what_stanger

Can't get the chassis to show up. Freeimagehosting.net is really helping.

ok should be fixed.

46u, he understands why the brace is there. I'm not posting a "why did this happen, hyper 8s are weak" Just showing how wicked a crash can be. It was dirt that did this. The buggy was about topped out with a novarossi plus 21-7BT running full song.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:12 PM
adz06

woo he will make sure and run it next time at least we know chasis braces work . would he be able just to bend back the chasis or will it most likley weaken is quite a bit.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:19 PM
what_stanger

It was cracked as well. The cracks are pretty hard to see though. They're right near some holes for screws, I forget which ones, you guys could probably tell better than I, having a hyper 8 and all.

Some guys don't use a rear brace when looking to hook their car up a bit more, or trying to make it a bit more forgiving. Xray offers a plastic brace and a rigid 7075 alum. as well.

I forget the reason, but he couldn't run the brace, he was waiting on getting a new one. It was a pretty rough wreck though.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:59 PM
LSUsportsfreak

I know quite a few pro drivers who don't use a rear brace.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:55 PM
46u

I have a Hyper 8 with 5 plus gallons on it and I am not a very good driver and have landed it ever way there is more then once and had very few problems with mine! I am at the track 9 out of 10 weekends and yet have not finished a race do to anything breaking. So is the Hyper 8 all that weak or is lack of maintenance and servicing? [X(]
Old 04-01-2007, 11:13 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: LSUsportsfreak

I know quite a few pro drivers who don't use a rear brace.
I do to and if they break something they just have to ask for another where most have to pay for it. Most are not Pros and have to pay for there parts so if you are not a pro and sponsored common sense tells you to run the braces. I am willing to bet does not matter what brand you run with out a rear brace sooner or later something is going to give even a Xray. [X(]
Old 04-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

I`ve ran probly at least 8 gallons through my H8 and haven`t had many problems . Well , I broke a front shock shaft once and went to Big Bore shocks . When I bought the buggy , I bought all kinds of parts , probly near $100 in spares and only used the tuning inserts as they were getting worn . The H8 weak ? Not in my eyes . A lot depends on how you treat it and maintain it . Running it without the rear brace , is just asking for trouble . I would never run any of my bugs without a brace , I have too much $ and respect for my rc collection to waste on running like that and knowing something will definetly break .Sorry but that just seems reckless ignorant. It would sit for the day and I`d help out with the track or be a pit guy for someone .
Old 04-02-2007, 07:38 AM
MannyEdge
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Dawman

I`ve ran probly at least 8 gallons through my H8 and haven`t had many problems . Well , I broke a front shock shaft once and went to Big Bore shocks . When I bought the buggy , I bought all kinds of parts , probly near $100 in spares and only used the tuning inserts as they were getting worn . The H8 weak ? Not in my eyes . A lot depends on how you treat it and maintain it . Running it without the rear brace , is just asking for trouble . I would never run any of my bugs without a brace , I have too much $ and respect for my rc collection to waste on running like that and knowing something will definetly break .Sorry but that just seems reckless ignorant. It would sit for the day and I`d help out with the track or be a pit guy for someone .

I am thinking about getting this buggy. Does the H8 come with a brace or do I have to purchase it separately?

Thanks,

Manny
Old 04-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Dawman

It comes with the braces . It`s a very good buggy .
Old 04-02-2007, 10:51 AM
adz06

the hyper 8 rtr come with a plastic type brace and the hyper 8 pro comes with a good strong cnc brace also looks good.
ORIGINAL: MannyEdge

ORIGINAL: Dawman

I am thinking about getting this buggy. Does the H8 come with a brace or do I have to purchase it separately?

Thanks,

Manny
Old 04-02-2007, 09:54 PM
what_stanger

I said myself he had no rear brace on. It has nothing to do with maintanence and servicing. I figured maybe you guys would want to see it.

Dawman,
Ignorant? Come on dude, its not like hes 12 and thought the loss of weight would be worth it, or more flex would be worth it. He stated just about everytime he drove it that the brace was missing and it might break. Usually sarcastic, but this crash was at full throttle, and it happened. He knew the possibility was there everytime he took it otu. Chassis was like 60 bucks or something, driveshaft....hell I don't know. It could have been worse.

As for some pro drivers without a rear brace, I know Yannick drives without a rear brace.

ORIGINAL: 46u

I have a Hyper 8 with 5 plus gallons on it and I am not a very good driver and have landed it ever way there is more then once and had very few problems with mine! I am at the track 9 out of 10 weekends and yet have not finished a race do to anything breaking. So is the Hyper 8 all that weak or is lack of maintenance and servicing? [X(]
Old 04-02-2007, 10:12 PM
46u

For both the front and rear drive shafts sell for about $10 retail. All I can say I see chassis sell on ebay all the time for about $25. Now keep in mind you are the one that stated how weak the Hyper 8 was so what did you expect people to say? [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Yes I said many pros run with out a rear brace but do they have to pay for there parts???????? If the brace fell off and he did not notice it has a lot to say about maintenance! [X(]

[quote]ORIGINAL: what_stanger

Chassis was like 60 bucks or something, driveshaft....hell I don't know. It could have been worse.
[quote]

Old 04-03-2007, 11:06 AM
what_stanger

Read a little closer, I said I'm NOT posting a "why did it break, hyper 8 sucks/weak" thread. What I'm saying is that I'm not asking anyone why it broke, I'm also not claiming the hyper 8 is weak. Sorry you didn't catch that. I wanted to clarify it from the get go so no one would come and tell me their buggy hasn't had this problem, of course not....if you've had the brace on. Even with the brace this doesn't happen very easily.

I'll say it once more, the brace didn't fall off, it would take a lot of stupidity to never see it loose and then fall off. HE REMOVED THE REAR BRACE.

[quote]ORIGINAL: 46u

For both the front and rear drive shafts sell for about $10 retail. All I can say I see chassis sell on ebay all the time for about $25. Now keep in mind you are the one that stated how weak the Hyper 8 was so what did you expect people to say? [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Yes I said many pros run with out a rear brace but do they have to pay for there parts???????? If the brace fell off and he did not notice it has a lot to say about maintenance! [X(]

[quote]ORIGINAL: what_stanger

Chassis was like 60 bucks or something, driveshaft....hell I don't know. It could have been worse.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:59 PM
46u

Cannot read your original post as you changed it and if I misread it I apologize but I do not think so as it was changed as well as others took it the way I did! Unless he is a pro and gets parts for free I must say any one removing the rear brace is not real bright. Is he going to fix it and run with out a brace again? [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 04-03-2007, 05:01 PM
what_stanger

It wasn't in the first post that I stated it. I edit spelling mistakes. You can see it in original form if you look up a bit. I said 'weak and hyper 8 together', but I was stating it wasn't a complaint thread about how weak they are and why it broke. I wanted to be clear from the start, which is why I said "the brace being missing is probably completely at fault for the damage"

Did I add that afterwards too?

Yes the car has a rear brace on it.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:00 PM
46u

Sorry but in your original post you said about the weak Hyper 8 and changed it in your original post and I am sure the others that read it will agree. Why did not only I but also others post what they did if you did not say it! But whatever. [sm=lol.gif]
Old 04-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Dawman

I'll say it once more, the brace didn't fall off, it would take a lot of stupidity to never see it loose and then fall off. HE REMOVED THE REAR BRACE.

But it doesn`t take a lot of Stupidity to remove the brace ? If he was looking for the bug to handle better , there are tuning capabilities on the buggy . Removing the rear brace is not one of them . I`m trying remember what the point of this thread is to begin with . You start a thread explaining about something that your friend did that was stupid and not needed . What do you expect to get in responses from people ?
Old 04-03-2007, 09:48 PM
what_stanger

I never asked for anything. I was just showing pictures of damage. People like to see stuff like that. I never wanted to be criticized for something I didn't even do!

I stated from the get go, the reason why the parts failed(that should be a give away, that i'm not bagging on the hyper 8!). I was just trying to show people what can happen in a high speed crash. Most(all) top shelf buggies are pretty tough, and you don't see them damaged very often. This is one of those times, I figured I would show you all. damn.

46u, I edited the hell out of my first post because freeimagehosting.net was being a pain in the ass. The quote you're looking for is STILL here, in which i refer to the hyper 8 and weak. If you read the context though, you'll see what I meant. If I really were posting to bag on the hyper 8, and complain.....don't you think I would be saying stuff like "it shouldn't have broken even without the brace" ?

Like I said, the point was just to show some damage. I only added the story of what happened to avoid crap like this. I knew people would come on an defend their precious hyper 8s. Imagine if I never said why it broke, It would have been flooded with replies with why did it happen, how did it happen, this that.

Removing the rear brace can be a tuning method, although I don't do it, and my friend wasn't either. I agree its not that wise if you crash once in a while as eventually you'll end up breaking something.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:04 PM
46u

Strange how the story keeps changing first spelling now something else! Bottom line I know the truth and most others do as well. No big deal and I am out of here.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:39 PM
bentgear

what_stranger, I think I read the original post right agfter you posted and I got what you were posting for. Sorry guys, but no where in it did I see a bash on the Hyper 8. As far as the damage, I think its a good example of what folks can look forward to if the try and remove the wrong parts and run the buggy.

Ed M.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:05 PM
sexyfingaz

ORIGINAL: bentgear

what_stranger, I think I read the original post right agfter you posted and I got what you were posting for. Sorry guys, but no where in it did I see a bash on the Hyper 8. As far as the damage, I think its a good example of what folks can look forward to if the try and remove the wrong parts and run the buggy.

Ed M.
[sm=thumbs_up.gif] i agree !!!
I don't think that you were ragging on the H8 and even if you were (i know that wasn't your intention) so what!!!, i own a mugen and if you posted pictures of it with a bent chassis, dog bone etc etc, i wouldn't be on here defending it saying it broke because of improper maintenance and it is a tough buggy blah blah because i don't have too its reputation speaks for its self, but in saying that I don't think it matters what brand of buggy you have, if you run without chassis braces and have i high speed crash you are going to bend or break something but once again i know that isn't what this thread is about, it's about showing busted up buggies and i reckon there should be more of it
Old 04-04-2007, 05:02 PM
DOWN UNDER DAVE

yes, more pictures of carnage ridden buggies would be great... actually i should have a few pics of a certain 'caster zx1' and a 'wretched gs avenger' that are really true to form, bent chassis,broken wing mounts, snapped rear diff mounts, broken servo horns, this list could go on for ever.
what you think fingaz? the gs after-picture after a "bazooka" slamimng into it at full speed would have been good, or perhaps the caster when a gs was thru with it at full throttle, we're gonna have to have a camera handy at the next meet, even a hyper 7 might make it into the gallery...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.