Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 03:16 PM
mbe301

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

My TQ baja with a new look.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14938.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	1265319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96870.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	1265320   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx63080.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	1265321   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ic84269.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	1265322   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm74027.jpg
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	1265323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qg64269.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	1265324  
Old 08-29-2009, 03:42 PM
sparky 25

Your baja looks real good,

what type of paint have you used on the wheels and gearcover?

also how did you de`anodise the purple?
Old 08-29-2009, 04:31 PM
mbe301

The purple comes off with oven cleaner. The paint is Duplo-color metal-cast, looks good, but won't last. I used the blue for my TQ bigfoot. Here's a pic of the Baja before.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93658.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	1265360   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29239.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1265361   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf87559.jpg
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	1265362   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw63880.jpg
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1265363   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ju14114.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	1265364  
Old 08-29-2009, 07:17 PM
KeithjV

How many bajas do you have there? I see one hiding in the background..[8D]
How do the KM wheels and tires seem to be holding up?
Old 08-29-2009, 09:11 PM
niko64

keith i must retort,my km wheels dont have the metal band around the hub.but have not had a problem with them.i have too say i see why you want the 5t,so do i.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:20 PM
mbe301

The one in the back is my old xrc. It's been stripped for bearings, engine, servos... Not a bad buggy, but no parts. KM (TQ) tires were okay, but I wanted a different look. Rims are a little weak, HPI stock much better.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:41 AM
trent collins

ok guys, some im wanting to buy a new t1000 from engagerc but I just want someone that has one to confirm they are ok first. Got some concerns over the quality of the body. Surely someone has one by now and can post their experience.

Cheers,
Trent
Old 08-30-2009, 09:33 AM
niko64

the badland tires are way better than the dirt busters.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:50 AM
sly0ne

for anyone that wants to see what you get, here is my friends T1000

box was bashed up and had holes in it

missing/broken

No radio tx
No charger
Bodyis strong but cut out crap with sharp edges isnt painted well, painted in the wong place etc(was supposed to be clear btw, also wheels supposed to be black)
Frontbody mount postsbroken
Steering armloose and nut/screws don't come out
Left fronttie rod loose as the treadsin plastic part is gone
Rear near spur gear upper A-arm is bent
Rear near spur gearshock shaft is bent and doesn't go down all the way and is leaking
Other rear shock is also leaking
Rear stabilizerdoesn't fit just pops off

alot of the hex screw holes in plastic parts have stripped the threads like someone used a power tool to build the truck

the actual parts seem strong and made wellbut just poorly put together and just a lack of QC there are some purple bits in there o_O, next to my 5T its hard to see any difference.

some of the above faults can be due to the poor packaging used.

I got my 5T from the states to the UK box doesnt evenhave a mark on it..

Old 08-31-2009, 04:15 AM
krisnz

Hi sly0ne, welcome, who did this truck come from?
Old 08-31-2009, 09:55 AM
sly0ne

think he bought it from a ebay seller clubkm or something like that the website is motorspeeder.com
Old 08-31-2009, 03:10 PM
KeithjV

Were the shocks leaking because the the caps werent put on properly or were they leaking from the shafts?
Are the bent parts from the box being damaged?
Did he contact the seller? What did they say?
Has he had a chance to run it yet?
Old 08-31-2009, 06:52 PM
sly0ne

Well im not too sure whats happening atm but he has been in contact with the seller, the leaking is coming from where the lower part of the shock with the shaft goes on and the damage on the front post and shocks may have happened due to the fact the box has no internal support for the baja and is much thinner then the HPIbaja 5T box I have. As I said there are more bits damaged due to screws being installed with power tools and stripping the threads
Old 08-31-2009, 07:57 PM
KeithjV

Im curious to see how the seller responds. His response will definitely make a difference if people are going to buy from him anymore or not.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Kostenko

If al KM1000's are delivered like this you better forget the body and engine because its not so good quality.

Well lets see how the probs are solved[:-]
Old 09-01-2009, 10:13 AM
davidg86

Excuse me if this question has already been asked, but I have searched through this thread multiple times and can only find brief mentions about the quality of the 23cc engine that comes with the baja.

I just bought the baja off ebay and I am trying to decide whether I should rip the engine apart and rebuild it or just let it rip. If I can get a few gallons out of it in stock form I would be happy because I was planning on upgrading anyways. Please don't bite my head off, I have been looking over this forum for months deciding whether or not to bite the bullet and try this 1/5 out.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:29 PM
sparky 25

well from my experience they are the same bottom end on both the 23cc and 29cc,

both have the subpar bearings,

if you were to get new crank bearings and a new wrist pin bearing im sure you would get many gallons of run time,

without havng to switch out motors you could get the km 29cc headkit for it,

i had one on my baja before the bearings fell apart and it was more than enough power to keep me happy,

i now have a new cy 26cc engine which have not run yet as im waiting on some grease for the gearbox,

just tought id regrease every thing while the baja is apart,

grease should be here tomorrow so i can get on with the building of the baja again,

enjoy your new toy when it comes[8D]

Old 09-01-2009, 01:26 PM
davidg86

Thanks for your input sparky 25. I know it is relative, but how many gallons did you get off your KM motor before the bearings fell apart?

I had an HPI baja a couple years ago when they came out, but I sold it for some dumb reason. I'm sure with alittle work I will get this one running just as good as my HPI for half the price.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:20 PM
sparky 25

In total the bearings lasted under 2 gallon even running with extra oil in the fuel,

the piston has a large gouge on the side and there were small filings inside the engine when i tore it apart,

to be honest with you i think i may be lucky enough as the piston ring is undamaged and the barell is not scored,

the ring was just stuck onto one side of the piston where the part of the bearing passed by,

i have bought new crank bearings and seals and a zenoah gasket set just have to get new wrist pin bearing for the piston,

im going to rebuild it and see if it runs.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:49 PM
sly0ne

his ebay name waskmotosclub, spoke to my mate today he said that he had a dispute open on ebay/paypal and the seller requested the item back via paypal.So he has ten days to post it back, but then few hours later the seller emailed him saying all the bits are being sent out,now if he doesnt follow the paypal request to send back the baja in ten days (which the seller optted for) the claim will be canceled and he will be stuck.Seem like the seller is trying to pull a fast one as my mate doesnt know what to do should he wait for the bits and maybe get nothing and no claim or send the baja back and loose £120 shipping?

EDIT: just checked the seller is "Not a registered user" now on ebay and my friend said he has had other people mail him via ebay asking about the seller and how long they have been waiting.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:22 PM
niko64

biggrump you are the man.i replaced the spur gear,still had a little of an alignment issue.took it to the sandy sump around the block from my house.i fill it up and walk it there,rippin the front wheels off the ground,have to let off not to flip,no kiddin.temp dropped to around 65 here,cool air,crazy!!i would not expect this of something like this runnin on badlandstires on the street.but after almost a half hour in the sandflipped it and hard torestart and run.carried it out and limped it home.took itapart today clutch is metal to metal brokenspring.clutch was lockingup at too low rpm,hard start no lowend.nowwhat is the advantage of installing it backwards,what about rpm engagement,does clutch last longer?once again thanks for the info.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:07 AM
BigGrump

biggrump you are the man.i replaced the spur gear,still had a little of an alignment issue.took it to the sandy sump around the block from my house.i fill it up and walk it there,rippin the front wheels off the ground,have to let off not to flip,no kiddin.temp dropped to around 65 here,cool air,crazy!!i would not expect this of something like this runnin on badlands tires on the street.but after almost a half hour in the sand flipped it and hard to restart and run.carried it out and limped it home.took it apart today clutch is metal to metal broken spring.clutch was locking up at too low rpm,hard start no lowend.now what is the advantage of installing it backwards,what about rpm engagement,does clutch last longer?once again thanks for the info.

You got me all excited there for a minute, thinking there was a compliment in there someplace. LOL

I will bet you do not have an enclosed clutch carrier. Sounds like you reversed the clutch to leading edge where it performed good in the sand for a while. The problem is any sand getting into the clutch will cause it to grind and wear out too soon. For sand and fine dirt, you need the enclosed carrier.

Also the broken spring is a concern. When reversing the shoes, you need to take them apart and re-install the spring to the outside, like it is stock. It probably will not fit right, so just a little dremmel wheel grinding on the clutch shoe ( you will see where if you look close and pay attention ) so the spring is not bound up. Also if it is on the back, by simply turning the stock shoes over, the spring will touch and rub against the clutch shaft. Don't worry, you are getting there; just need to get the details right. When correct, you will be able to do the same run in the sand the same way, and when you get home the clutch will barely be worn at all.

Dennis
Old 09-02-2009, 12:02 PM
davidg86

ORIGINAL: sparky 25

In total the bearings lasted under 2 gallon even running with extra oil in the fuel,

the piston has a large gouge on the side and there were small filings inside the engine when i tore it apart,

to be honest with you i think i may be lucky enough as the piston ring is undamaged and the barell is not scored,

the ring was just stuck onto one side of the piston where the part of the bearing passed by,

i have bought new crank bearings and seals and a zenoah gasket set just have to get new wrist pin bearing for the piston,

im going to rebuild it and see if it runs.
I think I'm just gonna let it rip on the stock motor with no mods and get a CY27 from DDM for a replacement.

I hope you get your rebuild running good, and thanks for your input.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:20 PM
dontcaremuch
My Feedback: (2)

which is the best motor from ddm to replace the stock Km motor i meanthere are so many just some thoughts would be helpful

i am looking to spend 150 - 200 + shipping

thanks guys
Old 09-02-2009, 07:16 PM
DarkFire989

Zenoah 26cc is a great engine just a bit over 200 I think. Also its free shipping for orders over 100.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.