Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New to the 1/5 scale RC world

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 02:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to the 1/5 scale RC world

OK For some of you guys that have Firehammer's ..you can now get the alloy gear plate and alloy RearDiff Mounts
from www.powerslideracing.com.au Look on left side smartech/carson hop ups.. you want buggies and monster trucks..page 2..Just thought I would pass this along for those intrested..Very good prices and awsome shipping..All replies welcome for my project..Would love to hear from ya..AKASlawhammer
Old 09-09-2008, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: slawhammer

OK For some of you guys that have Firehammer's ..you can now get the alloy gear plate and alloy RearDiff Mounts
from www.powerslideracing.com.au Look on left side smartech/carson hop ups.. you want buggies and monster trucks..page 2..Just thought I would pass this along for those intrested..Very good prices and awsome shipping..All replies welcome for my project..Would love to hear from ya..AKASlawhammer
Have you ordered from this supplier and if you have how much is his shipping and handling. Did the parts take long to get to you?
Old 09-09-2008, 08:16 AM

David0666: Yes.. I have ordered from powerslide ,,fellow named Mike super guy to deal with...I have ordered 3 different times..shipping ..Well depends on I
guess what it weighs or size of box..Mine has been about 15 Bux and takes about 7 to 10 days to get...Pm me if have any problems..
Good to hear from ya...Did you get those decals yet for your truck?All replies welcome..AKASlawhammer
Old 09-09-2008, 11:01 AM

OK ..Guys I got another dumb question on this firehammer..I hate the gas cap thing..Has any one tried a
different tank? Or some kind of a quick release cap ..Not sure one is made for the firehammer or not...
All replies welcome..Thanks AKASlawhammer
Old 09-09-2008, 02:10 PM

What seems to be the problem with the gas cap/tank?
Old 09-09-2008, 02:27 PM

Lars: The cap is a royal pain in the butt to try get to turn loose or to tighten..Plus I noticed there is no type
of gasket or seal..so you get spillage from movement ..between the cap and tank it self...Thanks for asking..
AkASlawhammer
Old 09-09-2008, 03:48 PM

Oh,i see.Does it seems like the "threads" on the cap and tank are not the same?Maybe you should have tried a quickrelease-cap then,guess it is the same price or maybe cheaper than a new tank.But then again,will it fit? is the question

Edit:Forgot how the tank is on your car,totally different from my FG.My cap is "outside" of the fillingpipe like on a bottle.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:13 PM

No decals for the truck but I had mine out and burned a tank of gas without a problem. I am trying to get a ddm pipe but everyone keeps out bidding me on ebay[]
Old 09-09-2008, 05:34 PM

Lars: The cap on the fuel tank thread into the tank..It is really tight going on or trying to get off..
Maybe another stock cap...I seen other fuel tanks with a cap that screws over the neck..like a pop
bottle cap would fit...I will have to do some measuring maybe a baja fill fit or even a FG Tank..
Thanks for asking ..AkASlawhammer
Old 09-09-2008, 05:40 PM

David0666: Well good for you on your run with the truck..Glad all went great for you..Seems I can't get even a 1/2 tank of
fuel ran...I hope to have that solved by this week end..Yeah I know how those auctions go..you make out ok or you don't
If you get a new one from DDM you will get life time warrenty I Think...Ask Rhyan or Brad on that...Did you check out Powerslide yet?
Very good prices and great shipping...All the items I have gotten are A-OK... Thanks for you reply..Keep in touch..AKASlawhammer
Old 09-09-2008, 09:28 PM

I did look at powerslide and it is very tempting but I need a couple of sons to buy me something. LOL I will keep the site in mind for when I want some aluminum.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:37 AM

David0666: It is no free ride my friend..I have to pay them back for what it cost for the parts..But no intrest...
They know I am on medical disability with low income ..my take me a year to get them paid back...But they wanted
to be able to enjoy the RC Hobby..In case some thing happened to me and can not do it any more...I am sure the
youngest son would get my RC Stuff..But ya know what I am an hard old cus and plan on being here for quite some time
Unless I am bed ridden I will enjoy the RC Stuff..Any way enought of that...Now on a different note...I was wondering about
using a 16 or 19 tooth gear on the lay shaft for transfer gear...Maybe some thing a little bigger would help keep closer to
the diff gear...Engine mounts keep getting loose...even when lock-tited...There has to be away to keep that engine from
moving.....Well I am glad you had a good look at the site...great price's...Keep in touch my friend...AKASlawhammer
Old 09-10-2008, 04:11 AM

Ok..Another Question..This time about Radio System...Just a thought..using a stick radio with more channels to run
2 more servos ..I know ther must be some of you guys out there using a stick radio..I would love to hear your
comments on this..As of now I have a 3 channel wheel radio...The miss's might want too run my nitro truck so
I was thing about some thing different..as I am thinking of adding front brake system..Even as far as going duel
steering servos for better control and handling...So I wat to here some of your thoughts on this....Thanks
All Replies welcome....AKASlawhammer
Old 09-10-2008, 12:07 PM

Not much going on here today..RAIN DAY..Waiting for parts..I E-mailed Futaba about using a stick radio with more channels like those used for
airplanes..Be interesting to see what they have to say on the subject with RC cars,buggies and trucks...Well now I do have some new
BLING coming..Alloy front steering Knuckles..Alloy rear upper arms...So now all my bearings will be in metal and not plastic support..
I never have liked plastic for bearings over the past years...All Replies well on my firehammer project..And some idea's you may have..
Thanks for your help..AKASlawhammer
Old 09-10-2008, 03:05 PM

OK..Got answer back from Futaba about using a stick transmmiter..You can use any number of channels4,5,6,8,ect.
you want as long as the radio is 2.4Ghz..And they are 2 stick control..Is the answer I got...Yup I got some
more bling in the mail the FG8484 alloy Rear Diff showed up..That is very well made..I should have still more
bling coming by the end of the week...All replies welcome..AKASlawhammer
Old 09-10-2008, 03:44 PM

Just curious,why so many channels on the transmitter?Everything over 3 channels is the frequenzy used on planes and things thats supposed to not be on the ground,hehe!I guess thats why Futaba says you have to use the 2,4 ghz

An idea i got regarding your loose engine,put something in the slots where the screws for the engine protrudes,so you kinda lock it in place.Put the usual paper between the diff and layshaftgear,keep the engine down to the chassiplate,and measure the distance between the threaded part of the screw and the end of the slot.Find some scrapmetal and make it fit in both front and rear part of the slot
Old 09-10-2008, 04:30 PM

Lars: My Friend.. Thanks for your reply...Well to tell ya with 3 channel radio 1.Throttle 2.Steering 3. Electronic kill switch
your done..with more channels you can say add led lights front and rear..that's another channel..if you want to add front brakes
you need another servo there's another channel..So now we are at 5 channels we can use...Yes most people can get by with 3 channels
Now as I live where the snow flies I just have a thought of making a snow plow for the firehammer Opp"s there's another channel That make 6
Any way you get the idea for more channels...Not every one needs them...Now that is a very good suggestion for the engine mounts
I will look in to that in the morning...Think the miss's wants me to take her to the mall ..Ya know a woman's thing..Hair ,Nails things like
that...Thanks again for you Idea...All replies welcome..AKASlawhammer
Old 09-10-2008, 04:33 PM

ORIGINAL: slawhammer

David0666: It is no free ride my friend..I have to pay them back for what it cost for the parts..But no intrest...
They know I am on medical disability with low income ..my take me a year to get them paid back...But they wanted
to be able to enjoy the RC Hobby..In case some thing happened to me and can not do it any more...I am sure the
youngest son would get my RC Stuff..But ya know what I am an hard old cus and plan on being here for quite some time
Unless I am bed ridden I will enjoy the RC Stuff..Any way enought of that...Now on a different note...I was wondering about
using a 16 or 19 tooth gear on the lay shaft for transfer gear...Maybe some thing a little bigger would help keep closer to
the diff gear...Engine mounts keep getting loose...even when lock-tited...There has to be away to keep that engine from
moving.....Well I am glad you had a good look at the site...great price's...Keep in touch my friend...AKASlawhammer
I use this gear on my drive shaft (DTXC8898. It has a 2 more teeth then the firehammer mt gear. This gear is for the first firehammer buggy. If you go more teeth you will loose bottom end torque and gain speed. I find this gear holds up well on the diff gear. Your engine is probably moving because of all the power. I have the stock 23cc engine and my engine doesn't move with both engine mounts being plastic. You might want to try lock washers on the screws.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44692.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1030396  
Old 09-10-2008, 06:28 PM

David0666: Thanks for your reply..I will check that gear out for the transfer...Yup we got lots of power..That 813 carb ia awsome..hit the throttle
front end comes right off the ground..Took a little bit to get adjusted..but now found that sweet spot..Pull trigger for fuel 2 times ..about 3 pulls its running
was a real ***** to get adjusted..No more low end bogging down...DDM makes a choke for the 813 ..but I don't think I need it..thought about it
But like I said I got it to come around..way better than the stock 668 carb..don't get me wrong the 668 is a good carb..But with the new 29CC big bore kit
needed more to take care of the bogging..All Replies welcome..AKASlawhammer
Old 09-11-2008, 07:17 AM

David0666: I got that transfer gear ordered..Thanks...Hope to get this running by the week end...Got 3 new up grades
to do...Looks like rain here today..Might be good day to work on the firehammer..All though not real good day for me health wise
But I will see as the day goes on...Keep in touch my friend...Thanks for all the help with my firehammer...All replies welcome
AKASlawhammer
Old 09-11-2008, 07:44 AM

OK ..Some pictures of the new FG8484 alloy rear diff case,,You will see very well made..Tried to get picture of
inner pin bearing..About 3 different views of the rear diff...Also have the stainless shell to slide on..Using new Duratrax
internal gears..New Duratrax 48 tooth diff gear..To be mounted in alloy diff supports..This should make for a good rear end..
Thanks for all your replies and help on my firehammer project..AKASlawhammer

Name:	Sq46861.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	1030748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86824.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	1030749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86037.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	1030750  
Old 09-12-2008, 05:55 AM

Guess what....Rain Day again...So looks like teardown on the firehammer..I didn't get any thing done yesterday..Bad health day for me
lotof pain going on..so I jsu watched DvD movies..and was on medacation,,Days like that you do not want to try to do any work on the
Rc unit..Cuz I would have to just redo it again...I will keep ya posted on what's going on with the up grades..AKASlawhammer

Hey Nomobux: See ya made it here what ya think my friend?Some project going on I got..
Old 09-12-2008, 06:48 AM

Ok.... Here is a couple pictures of the alloy Rear Diff Supports and Rear up rights...I will see if I can get this done today
..Thanks for all your replies and help on my firehammer project.Enclosed Pictures.....AKASlawhammer

Name:	Jh14705.jpg
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	1031612   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44506.jpg
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	1031613  
Old 09-12-2008, 08:32 AM

Not too shiny,thats good!I dont like when its "blinging" too muchRemember to shim the diff right,so it not wears out too early.Are you going to use [link=http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/cgi-bin/cosmoshop/lshop.cgi?action=showdetail&wkid=16853&ls=e&nc=122 1226215-16869&rubnum=&artnum=fg_6512&file=&gesamt_zeilen=0 Tsuche6512]differential grease[/link] in the diff btw.?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:06 AM

Lars: Good to hear from ya..Well I did get the Rear Up Rights done...Now Lars you throw a curve ball at me..With diff grease..I might have knowen
..But never heard of such..I was just going to use automotive high temp bearing grease..As to shims..Don't you do the ends for the out drive cups?
Or do you do all 4 gears..Now as to the Diff Gear..Looks like slides over the diff shell and apply the hold down screws to the gear..
Oh Yeah..I did get a complete bearing kit from Fast Eddie..High quality bearings..Now on to the Rear Diff..Maybe Have to think on that a bit..Cuz you threw that diff grease at me.. Enclosed pictures..All Replies welcome..AKASlawhammer

Name:	Db85291.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	1031653   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53662.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	1031654  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.