Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Problems with Horizon Hobby

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Problems with Horizon Hobby

Old 12-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Pegasus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Horizon Hobby

After sending a receiver to them for repair, I was told the only way to get another receiver quickly enough for a show I was trying to attend, was to buy a new one and wait to hear back from their repair shop. I was told once they got mine, if it was bad, I would get my money back, instead I got another brand new receiver when I should have had a full refund, this was not part of the original deal that the person in repair and the sales lady told me. I have sent 3 complaints to the CEO with no responses as of yet, what does it take to get a hold of these guys?
Does anyone have any other contact info other than, [email protected] ?

Old 12-09-2010, 01:08 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Problems with Horizon Hobby

sounds like normal business practice to me, you pay up front till they get your return in hand, it's nothing new or unusual IMO.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Wclays
My Feedback: (85)

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I just had some stuff done. Outstanding service. Quick in my opinion, they stayed intouch by email. However I did not need it yesterday. I always have extra stuff on hand, Radio, Receiver, etc when I plan on going to an event. I cannot depend on someone else, If I have a problem

Old 12-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Pegasus

I should let you read the entire story so you could see what my service was like.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:29 PM
flyinfool1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: KC36330

sounds like normal business practice to me, you pay up front till they get your return in hand, it's nothing new or unusual IMO.
I think you missed his point.
He sent in the bad RX and then went out and bought a new RX with the understanding that if his Bad RX was not repairable that they would REFUND his purchase price for the new RX.
Instead of the refund he got another new RX, so he is out the money for the one he bought (although he now has a spare for the next emergency or build).
Old 12-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Pegasus

Spot on, worse yet they made me buy the new receiver from Horizon and I had it fedexed overnight from them, they said it would be better to get reimbursed that way due to the sale being directly from Horizon, and there so much more yet.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:11 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: flyinfool1

I think you missed his point.
No his point was edited after my post.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:19 PM
STKNRUD

Can you put a stop-payment on the purchase (credit card) and return the RX (return receipt) with an explanation?

I have had great service from them...sounds like a communication issue. Besides the CEO, have you talked to a supervisor?
Old 12-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Pegasus

This was weeks ago already, can you still do the credit card thing?
The only thing I edited on my post was the title, from Horizon Hobbies to Horizon Hobby.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Pegasus

I am not sure who I spoke too, I should have gotten all of their names.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:52 PM
STKNRUD

ORIGINAL: Pegasus

This was weeks ago already, can you still do the credit card thing?
The only thing I edited on my post was the title, from Horizon Hobbies to Horizon Hobby.
Check with your CC company. Mine allow 90 days to contest a transaction and it doesn't matter if you have paid the statement on which the charge appeared. Call HH tomorrow and tell a supervisor what you feel forced to do and why. Get his name and include it in your letter you enclose with the Rx you are returning. I still think you should be able to solve this. You are sending back a new un-opened Rx.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Since when is the CEO the person to talk to about a specific customer service issue? Have you tried asking Customer Service about this, showing them your documentation about how this would be handled, and moving up the chain of command that way?
Old 12-09-2010, 04:46 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite

Since when is the CEO the person to talk to about a specific customer service issue? Have you tried asking Customer Service about this, showing them your documentation about how this would be handled, and moving up the chain of command that way?
Exactly! I've always had golden service from Horizon, in fact, I can't believe some of the extra miles they've gone for me over the years with out me asking. Your issue doesn't seem very hard to resolve, basicly it sounds like you want to return a NIB receiver and get credit for it....

I doubt your CC company will do anything for you.... you bought and received a new receiver... end of story... if you want to return it call Horizon for authorization. The very worst scenerio is you now have two great receivers

Mike
Old 12-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Burt-RCU
My Feedback: (23)

"I was told once they got mine, if it was bad, I would get my money back, instead I got another brand new receiver when I should have had a full refund".
It looks like the old receiver was good and they sent you a new one. It may have been cheaper for Horizon to send a new one than fix the old one. Horizon has always had first class repairs and service.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Pegasus

There is still more to this story. I have tried to resolve it with horizon and that didn't work so going to the top is the only way. Further more, whether its cheaper or not for horizon to send it, they should not say I would get a full refund in the first place, they should just say, send it in and wait in line.

I just thought I would give a a bit of back ground why I am looking for another address for a higher up at horizon, If you guys knew everything that went on I am sure your opinions might change. It took three emails just to get the CEO's email, now three sent to him and still no word, if that is good costumer service for you guys that's ok, but its not for me. If they were good on their word or at least answer their emails this thread would never have come up in the first place.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:12 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

They where always great for me. I had to send my transmitter back in 3 times for repair's and it was fixed well kinda fixed fast and sent back right away with new receivers. Only problem I had was their product sucked!!! (DX7)
Old 12-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Pegasus

That was the reason the receiver had to go back in the first place.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:34 PM
P. Richards
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to say I have heard a lot of good things about HH service so I sent my JrPCM10X in for repair of a broken
switch and when I got the radio back I noticed a crack on the back plate and a screw was missing. [:@]

Then to make matters worse the battery pack would go nucleur when
charged and stay warm long after the switch was turned off.
I finally just un plugged the battery pack and never used the tx again.
I have purchased spektrum radios and never looked back.
Needless to say I was not impressed with the customer service at HH...

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old 12-09-2010, 08:58 PM
STKNRUD

ORIGINAL: Pegasus

There is still more to this story. I have tried to resolve it with horizon and that didn't work so going to the top is the only way. Further more, whether its cheaper or not for horizon to send it, they should not say I would get a full refund in the first place, they should just say, send it in and wait in line.

I just thought I would give a a bit of back ground why I am looking for another address for a higher up at horizon, If you guys knew everything that went on I am sure your opinions might change. It took three emails just to get the CEO's email, now three sent to him and still no word, if that is good costumer service for you guys that's ok, but its not for me. If they were good on their word or at least answer their emails this thread would never have come up in the first place.
Three emails to get the CEO's email address? They have an 800 number.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:17 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would you think contacting the CEO about a sub $200 product would yield a response? Try talking to the head of customer service. I've done that on a few occasions with HH and they ended up bending over backwards to resolve the issue. I seriously doubt that HH's CEO is checking an alias email address filled with CS complaints.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:22 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite

Do you honestly think most CEO's have time to read e mails about such a small and insignificant complaint. I think you need to get real. You have a spare receiver now so why the big deal
Old 12-10-2010, 12:10 AM
highhorse

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.

Get off of the guy's ***** already.

This is RCU at it's worst, when the guy who has already been wronged is also attacked by his fellow modelers over minutia.

Pegasus: My own experience with them has usually been very good, but I have occasionally been disappointed as well.

I hope you get it solved.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:54 AM
cavandish

I think that we can waste a lot of energy sweating the small stuff, principal or not, you should not allow stuff like this to eat you from the inside-just LET IT GO. You will use that spare RX, you have not lost a cent.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:55 AM
plane-o-joe

I'm sorry to hear you had an issue with Horizon. I have had nothing but good experiences with Horizon and I have done many transactions with these folks. I found their customer service was as good as any I have dealt with. I doubt you will find other vendors in our hobby/sport that will do better. Just my .02 cents worth. [8D] I hope you get this resolved!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:54 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Horizon service records every conversation. The bad part here is not having any names to go back to the recording. If he had any I could help being a dealer. I think the problem is you are dealing with two serarete parts of the company. Service doesn't talk to sales. If you kept the return slip from service it will have a name on it. Call customer service with that name and tell them your story. If you still don't want the receiver and it is unopened return it by UPS to get it signed for then call your CC and do a charge back, but only after having prove horizon has got it. On the other hand why not just keep it for later, then this situation will never happen again. Dennis

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.