Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

cortex pro setting that you are using

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

cortex pro setting that you are using

Old 12-04-2021, 05:37 PM
jesse2357
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default cortex pro setting that you are using

I'm having issues og getting the cortex pro to lock in. I've seen cortex very locked in so I'm sure its a setting i'm missing. so will somebody share their secret sauce?
Old 12-04-2021, 07:19 PM
Wclays
My Feedback: (85)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I had an issue where the cortex would not power up after setting it up. I finally discovered that I need to setup it up with full throws,(I set all my switches to my high rates.) not the reduced throws I fly with.

I setup of the cortex with the full high rate throws, It correctly setup and now powers up correctly every time.

Old 12-04-2021, 07:23 PM
jesse2357

Mine works, just doesn't lock in lke I think it should
Old 12-05-2021, 04:38 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 161 Likes on 129 Posts

Maybe needs more gain? Setup is dependent on a lot of things so there's no one setting to get it to work right, maybe give us a detailed description of your setup to start
Old 12-05-2021, 06:11 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I use the Cortex Pro in various jets and EFDs. I don't change the settings from factory and have good results. My airplanes feel 'locked in' in flight.
I use gain between 30% & 60% depending on the flight mode. Landing mode uses 60% and cruise uses 30%.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:54 AM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same problem with my Ultra Bandit. Danny explained the problem. If you have a plane that requires a lot of down elevator with flaps and have the flaps down when powering up it will not initialize . I just make sure I have the flaps up when I power up the plane. Dan
Old 12-05-2021, 07:44 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DAN AVILLA View Post
I had the same problem with my Ultra Bandit. Danny explained the problem. If you have a plane that requires a lot of down elevator with flaps and have the flaps down when powering up it will not initialize . I just make sure I have the flaps up when I power up the plane. Dan
I had the same issue with my Joker. I couldn't figure out why the Cortex wouldn't initialize. The LED just blinked white. Turns out I would turn the model on with the flight mode switched to landing or take-off. If I flip it to cruise then the Cortex would be ready. So, I put a preflight switch check on my transmitter start up to make sure I'm in cruise mode before I power up the model.
Danny and LA Jet guy were very helpful for this - Thank You!
Old 12-05-2021, 08:07 AM
jesse2357

It intilizes every time. I can move the plane around around and the surfaces correct in the right directions. in flight when in a knife edge it won't lock in, it rotates either right or left and I'm constantly correcting for it. What is everyone who has a locked in feeling plane using for modes? are y'all running the Aileron and elevator in heading hold and rudder in rate? or just all rate mode?.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:39 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 161 Likes on 129 Posts

Unless they have the same plane with the same servos at the same speed their settings don't matter is the point I was trying to make earlier.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:51 AM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jesse2357 View Post
It intilizes every time. I can move the plane around around and the surfaces correct in the right directions. in flight when in a knife edge it won't lock in, it rotates either right or left and I'm constantly correcting for it. What is everyone who has a locked in feeling plane using for modes? are y'all running the Aileron and elevator in heading hold and rudder in rate? or just all rate mode?.
I have only used heading hold on a 3 d prop job to hover and it worked. In rate mode it will not correct flight tendency's just smooth out the flight. If you have a plane that in a knife edge the needs inputs I have fixed it with mix's. I do not like having to switch from rate to heading hold while flying. Heading hold can be dangerous at the wrong time. Maybe some one can chime it that has used it successfully . Dan
Old 12-05-2021, 12:49 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 88 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by jesse2357 View Post
‘I see what your trying to do……Humm no gyro will do this in normal mode, you could talk a little bit maybe all of it by increasing the gain…depends mainly on the plane itself some have no coupling too some have tons of coupling, and like it was said before you would either have to switch to heading hold…which I would never recommend on the fly…..the choice are then either fly the plane or do some mixing….if on Jeti there’s a Lua apps that exist to do this…I haven’t try that personally I just fly the plane.
Old 12-05-2021, 05:51 PM
jesse2357

Coupling would always rock the same way for the same knife edge, That I would mix out. This actually is like a basketball balancing on a pin head it will always fall to what ever side it's leaned to. I think I got it today. I was adjusting gain via the device explorer which is the individual gain, extending the end points on the gyro channel is what I needed to be doing. still has a bit more to go but definitely a huge improvement going from 25% main gain to 55%.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:08 PM
F1 Rocket

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Do not attempt to “fly” in the hold mode. You will only be disappointed. It was intended strictly for hovering a 3D type airplane hands off.