Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Composite-ARF Experience >

Composite-ARF Experience

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Composite-ARF Experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 02:11 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Composite-ARF Experience

Hi guys. I would like to share my recent experience with Composite-ARF, although I guess more directly with the Rep that handled my order. Turns out that they ship the Eurosport in between two boxes, one for the fuselage and another for the wings, canards, and rudder. Well, the box with the wings, etc etc has NO protection at all. They rely on the wingbags for protection during shipping. Don't get me wrong, those wingbags are great for the trip to the club, but certainly not for cross-country shipping via who knows what shipping company that do not care less for the FRAGILE stamp on the box. As it turns out both wings came damaged, one worse than the other (see pictures). Now, I have emailed my rep several times and he does not even has the courtesy of acknowlegding my emails, so I am stuck with repairing the wings. Any advice on how to fix the wings?

Thank you

Robert
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26194.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	100138   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20234.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	100139   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu50248.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	100140  
Old 02-12-2004, 02:16 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Composite-ARF Experience

Don't fix the wings.... DEMAND to get a new pair!!!

thats outrages....

My wings came undamaged, but it had some minor cracks in the fuselage. They offered some touch up paint, and I accepted.

Still building mine.....

Name:	Rm38389.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	100141   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk17662.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	100142   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xr45778.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	100143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99673.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	100144  
Old 02-12-2004, 02:52 PM
My Feedback: (54)

I have bought 2 Roos from All Composite Arf -had no problems with the quality or shipping of the planes to me.I however will not ever buy from them again on a different note.I used my Visa over the phone with the Rep I selected off the site(I wont mention his name) and ACA billed my Visa twice.Well naturally I get my statement - notice this & go thru the roof!! So I call the Rep & explain this situation to him,he informs me that the final transactions/ money is handled thru a bank overseas in the orient somewhere.So he tells they will credit my Visa back for the amount they overcharged me & he says it will take 3-4 business days at the most.Well I check with my bank on the 6th day-still no money back from them!! Well I call the ole rep again-this time not Mr. Niceguy.I tell him I had better see the money in my acct by the end of the day or I am taking a roadtrip to his house!!Well he feeds me the BS about how all the sudden they cant credit my acct. back cause its over their 14 day limit to be able to simply just credit my card back.So he tells me they will just wire the money bsck to my checking acct.Well after almost 2 weeks of going back & forth it finally did find its way back to my acct.I heard from them that this was a freak thing that happened to me,well the rather interesting thing is that they did the same thing to 2 other friends of mine who also ordered Roo's.This was intentionally done obviously cause they did it 3 times !! I gather that they were trying to float customers money as a new company by their actions.In slight defense of them I heard that this hasn't happened again esp. if you buy direct from them via the internet.I WILL NEVER buy or trust this company every again personally-thats very shady business practices I feel..Just my exp. with them & my 2 cents

Steve
Old 02-12-2004, 03:36 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wao Robert, I never imagine that the damage were that level.....is obvious that the wings packing is not suitable for the rough handling of shipping.
I agree with SJN about asking a new set of wings, and don't forget also the expenses of bringing them down here....none of this is your responsibility, and just hope CompositeARF assume their liability.
I have intentions of buying one ES for myself at Florida Jets and would like to see how this ends.
Good Luck,
Miguel
Old 02-12-2004, 04:29 PM
My Feedback: (10)

There is no way in the world I would accept the answer you were given. I would either get a new un-damaged set of wings or I would have my CC company reverse the charge.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:34 PM
My Feedback: (54)

Scott

Where you been dude??We havent heard or seen from you in a long time.Where were you this past Mid Atlantic Rally?Did you ever fly that big Cap yet?

Steve
Old 02-12-2004, 04:35 PM
My Feedback: (24)

Robert,
Just contact another rep off the site and explain the circumstances. Not sure why but it is not unusual to receive a kit damaged from them. Almost everyone I no that has bought a euro has recieved it damaged in one way or another. They have however always responded to the problem and replaced the damaged parts. Seems typical of the way C-arf works, they know there are problems but just continue to operate in the same manner instead of FIXING the issues. Again.... contact another rep to get the parts replaced, they will replace them ;-)
Todd
Old 02-12-2004, 04:58 PM

Not to defend Composite Arf, because they could better prepare their boxes for shipping, but you should see the manner in which some of these boxes and planes have been damaged. The damage that I have seen are not the result of being crushed by too much piled on them, but rather the result of being punctured! It's almost as if someone stabs the boxes. I suppose the damage could also result from something heavy dropping from a good height and falling end down on the box.

A lot of the blame obviously falls on the shipper. How do you prepare boxes for the kind of negligence that is obviously involved in the shipping without raising shipping costs through the roof? Whatever the answer, it appears that BVM has found a solution.

Robert, there is no way you should accept that much damage. Either have them credit you an agreed amount or demand replacement wings.

Antony
Old 02-12-2004, 06:05 PM
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SJN
Still building mine.....
Your blue Jet pictured...did somebody wash it in hot water and shrunk it?
Old 02-12-2004, 07:03 PM
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't email your rep. Mine never did contact me. Use the email below.
[email protected]
Old 02-12-2004, 07:56 PM

Well guys I must say I am surprised at the many responses I have received. Thanks a lot for everyone's support and feedback. I will email Composite directly and hopefully this will lead to a happy conclusion.

Thanks

Robert
Old 02-12-2004, 09:35 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Crazy4Flight

ORIGINAL: SJN
Still building mine.....
Your blue Jet pictured...did somebody wash it in hot water and shrunk it?

hehe....that is my Multiplex MicroJet......great fun!!

I just put it there for size comparison.....
Old 02-13-2004, 01:47 AM

Well, just to defend C-ARF.[8D]

I have received two ES and one Roo from C-ARF during the past year, and I'm about to order a third ES. All have been received in perfect condition.

But I must say, that it all probably depends on the carrier. If they just throw the boxes off the trucks, something like this is gonna happen. I also recommend you to contact C-ARF dirctly or contact another rep. in your area.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:57 AM

I received my ES damaged and contacted my local rep who did a good job. The best results I had once I got the right people through their sales department was dealing directly with the warehouse in California. They where real good to deal with. They ended up replacing the whole kit because of damage to almost everything. Their packaging to say it politely stinks, but they did make good on everything. Took about a month though. Good luck Im sure they will make everything right. They have too. If they dont, make it real clear here that you got the proverbial screw job, and Im sure their sales will go to nothing.

Pete
Old 02-13-2004, 08:23 AM

I have been contacted by Composite and the problem is on the way of being resolved. I received a very good and courteous explanation as to why my emails were not answered and have been assured that I will receive new wings. I look foward to building my Euro and anticipating many happy flying days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert
Old 02-13-2004, 08:27 AM

Hello Robert.

thats great. Hope you enjoy you ES as much as I do.

Name:	Wu61981.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	100395  
Old 02-13-2004, 09:05 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excelent news!
Besides, C-ARF will be at Florida Jets? I want to buy my ES there...
Miguel
Old 02-25-2004, 02:14 AM
My Feedback: (7)

FYI

ABOUT THE CC CHARGES....IN CASE YOUR WONDERING OR DONT KNOW.....WHEN EVER YOU CARRY A BALANCE ON A CC AND YOU DONT 100% PAY IT OFF YOU PAY INTEREST ON THE ENTIRE CC BALANCE ...NOT THE BALANCE LESS YOUR PAYMENT

I NEVER KEEP A BALANCE AND PAY 100% EVERY MONTH...ONE MONTH I HAD ABOUT 2000 K ON IT WORTH OF OTHER STUFF AND I RETURNED A $70 ITEM TO A SELLER ( IT WAS THE WRONG ITEM THEY SHIPPED NOT PLANE RELATED AND THEY HAPPILY CREDITED MY CC FOR THIER ERROR ) ...THEY FORGOT TO CREDIT ME THEIR $10 SHIPPING...THUS WHEN I SENT IN MY 100% PAYMENT I DEDUCTED THAT PARTICULAR CHARGE SHIPPING AND ALL

TURNS OUT I HAD A BALANCE OF $10 ON IT ( BECAUSE THEY FORGOT TO CREDIT THE SHIPPING )...NEXT BILL THE HAD A $30 INTEREST CHARGE ON MY CC..SEEING AS HOW I NEVER PAY INTEREST I WENT THROUGH THE ROOF...I CALLED THEM AND THATS WHEN THEY TOLD ME HOW CC COMPANIES DO IT...THEY CHARGED ME 1 1/2% ( OR 18% PER ANNUM ) ON THE $2000 WHICH IS $30....THAT COMPUTES TO 300% PER MONTH......I TOLD THEM GET THAT CRA$P OFF MY CARD OR MY SIZZZORS IS COMING OUT...THEY TOOK IT OFF

BUT IM TELLING YOU THIS BECAUSE OF THE PREVIOUS DOUBLE BILLING SOME HAVE GONE THROUGH....AND IF ITS CARRIED INTO ANOTHER BILLING PERIOD YOUR PAYING INTEREST FOR THIER MISTAKE
SO I THOUGHT YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW
Old 02-25-2004, 02:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Miguel Santana

Excelent news!
Besides, C-ARF will be at Florida Jets? I want to buy my ES there...
Miguel
Hello Miguel.

I have just talked to some C-ARF reps. and they told me, that there was going to be a rep. present at Fl. Jets, but they keep no stock. I want to buy a ES there as well, but how can I, if there isn't any kits there to buy.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:36 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stig
Do as I do when I´m visiting the States.
Order the goods and have it sent to wherever you´re staying. If I´m staying at a hotel, I check with them that they don´t mind.

I can´t see a problem of ordering an ES through a US rep and ship it to your hotel in Lakeland.
The only hickup sometimes, is a different CC billing adress and the actual shipping adress, but that has always worked out.
I´ve done this hundreds of times.

Regards
Thomas
Old 08-22-2014, 12:32 PM
My Feedback: (36)

I ordered a 2.3 edge, took it all apart and where the motor dome bolts to fuse at top there is a production crack (repaired at factory) anyway crack is migrating into top of fuse. rep says talked to production super and he says all is normal. will be the last comp arf I own, I will break out the heat gun and iron again!!!

Name:	IMG_0274.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	2024821  
Old 08-23-2014, 12:50 AM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Can't speak for anyone else but this is how my skygate hawk arrived. I can't imagine how it could have been done better. No damage anywhere. My first experience of Carf so only a sample of one.

Bob

Name:	Clip1.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	2024905